Vinnie Vincent new release weekend at Martina McBride's studio in Nashville May 19 & 20th

News and information from 2018 onwards
teej

Re: Vinnie Vincent new release weekend at Martina McBride's studio in Nashville May 19 & 20th

Post by teej »

Vinnie less crazy? How's that gonna ever work πŸ˜…
We will make monkies of these monkies

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Vinnie Vincent new release weekend at Martina McBride's studio in Nashville May 19 & 20th

Post by Genebaby »

Less drugs? More drugs? πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

What gets me is how the people around him are letting this happen. Wilkie is the one dutifully posting the terrible information. Is he fighthing this or is he just as crazy and thinks this is the right way to behave and handle Vinnie's career?
teej

Post by teej »

Oh I dunno .. I have partaken of many drugs over the years but I never got to batshit crazy levels.. for the record I don't anymore .. too old for that level of crazy but no .. I never reached vv status crazy .. I have a new GSD puppy that is possibly on his level however

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

I've met Steve and had probably a 45 minute phone conversation with him in regards to bringing Vinnie back to Bridgeport for a Concert/Event....now I'm not going to get into the aspect of how to "Handle" One's Career but I will say that Mr. Wilkie is actually a Real Nice Guy and whether you agree or not, without his Help/Dedication we probably wouldn't see or hear as much about Vinnie, as we do !
teej

Post by teej »

BigEd wrote: ↑Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:54 pm I've met Steve and had probably a 45 minute phone conversation with him in regards to bringing Vinnie back to Bridgeport for a Concert/Event....now I'm not going to get into the aspect of how to "Handle" One's Career but I will say that Mr. Wilkie is actually a Real Nice Guy and whether you agree or not, without his Help/Dedication we probably wouldn't see or hear as much about Vinnie, as we do !
Respectfully anything vv does is a shit fest so it would have been kinder to him to have remained at large and off grid

doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Ed you really think vv would show up? He even booted you from his forum.

I would hope you wouldn't put up any money you don't mind losing.. and the show would be horrible going on what we have seen.

Also in regard to his manager .. you really think what vv has done with him has been anyrhing other than mass destruction of his own career?
BigEd wrote: ↑Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:54 pm I've met Steve and had probably a 45 minute phone conversation with him in regards to bringing Vinnie back to Bridgeport for a Concert/Event....now I'm not going to get into the aspect of how to "Handle" One's Career but I will say that Mr. Wilkie is actually a Real Nice Guy and whether you agree or not, without his Help/Dedication we probably wouldn't see or hear as much about Vinnie, as we do !
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, I'm with Teej and Dino. Wilkie may have seemed nice when you talked to him, but look at what he's doing? Actions speak louder than words and his actions are helping put all the final nails in the coffin of Vinnie's career.

Vinnie would have been better off staying off the grid as he was doing. It's a classic case of better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

It all started fairly well at Atlanta, but the lies also began again there. The two box sets for those that he stole the money from in the 90's. The reunion show with Robert for the middle of that year. I was actually looking to attend that show, as it was so historic. I was making plans to be there from Australia. As I watched it fell apart and I didn't have to make any bookings. Imagine it was actually properly tickteted like other shows would be and I had made my plans to be there and nothing had happened. Imagine how pissed I'd be?

So right off the bat Vinnie was being insincere and playing us and it's only gotten worse.

To me there is no smiling Vinnie anymore, just an evil toad that keeps playing those around him, with very bad manners.

Wilkie is helping this happen. What a nice guy.

I, and probably you, would have left before being involved in such things.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I don't know that guys name but he appears like a dishwasher in Dennys not a manager if a so called guy who saved kiss lol
Bye Bye
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

Dino your Correct, yes I got shown the door like others and with nowhere to go I landed here at the VVFF, as for my thoughts on Vinnie showing up for a Concert or Appearance in Bridgeport, Yeah I truly felt that it had a Good 60/40 chance of happening seeing Vinnie & I grew up 10 minutes apart, His Sister worked 2 doors down from me, my Ex-Wife was one of His Dad's Nurse's, I hung out and discussed this at Chiller with Him and I'm Friend's with a couple of His Close Friends to this very day, unfortunately things didn't work out but at least "I Can Say That I Tried"....I know everyone here at the VVFF has the right to their own Opinion's and I Respect that but We really don't know the circumstances or reasons why things haven't worked out the way we'd like since Atlanta, all I know that for "Some" to go and Tar & Feather someone, whether their an Experienced Manager/Handler or Not, isn't really Cool, they really don't deserve that and let me ask you this, if any of You were to be that Lucky to be in his Spot, how would you Handle things differently and the Criticism that may come your way ???

Respectfully, Ed 8)
drmoorejr

Post by drmoorejr »

Yeah Wilkie is a good guy. Very patient with Vinnie, which is something Vinnie needs. But I think he along with many of us had hoped Vinnie was going to make a comeback. Well He obviously still believes is going to happen. But who knows he could be right, but I have my doubts.
Safari4ad

Post by Safari4ad »

For me, I'm less interested in a tour than I am in him finally releasing some music. Stop tweaking the 30+ year old songs, and just release them already! I mean, even Chinese Democracy didn't take this long!

And for the record, I would totally go see him live, I just don't think it's ever going to happen beyond what he's doing now. But damn, you would think he would WANT to release the album already, if for no other reason than to shut up his loudest critics. The man has so much talent! Why is he so unwilling to share that with the people who still consider themselves fans?
Safari4ad

Post by Safari4ad »

So, he's apparently selling the "Headchopper Guitar" from the party? There's a post on the Legion Facebook page about it if you scroll down a bit.
drmoorejr

Post by drmoorejr »

Safari4ad wrote: ↑Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:09 am So, he's apparently selling the "Headchopper Guitar" from the party? There's a post on the Legion Facebook page about it if you scroll down a bit.
I have no access to those groups anymore, I removed myself, but I am curious to the price.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Safari4ad wrote: ↑Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:09 am So, he's apparently selling the "Headchopper Guitar" from the party? There's a post on the Legion Facebook page about it if you scroll down a bit.
You'd have to be a total yogurt to buy that. It's a $500 Chinese built knock-off.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004141244920.html
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It's a Chinnie Chincent!!! A cheap piece of junk!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

@BigEd: Having been around a long time, I know, and you would know, that Vinnie does not behave in any kind of normal, regular way. We are not dealing with a rational 80's guitar person here. This isn't like working with or handling people like George Lynch, Greg Howe, Paul Gilbert, MAB etc.
Firstly, these guys can still play in an interesting and constructive way. They would actually play a full tour if it was booked for them. They would arrange a band, a band they would rehearse with and then play live with.

Look at Vinnie. Time and time again it's been shown, he's a charlatan these days. It is impossible to work with him unless you find enabling a sick person as a rewarding past time. You will eventually get screwed over and burned. Neil discovered this, though I'm sure he thought this time it's different. Well, it wasn't. The Tank Stage was wasted, Vinnie faked rehearsing with a band, it was another shit show in a line of shit shows with Vinnie, and the saga continues.

What Vinnie needs is professional help, probably medication. Not enablers like Wilkie who let him announce his new singer and how much he loves him, and then the next two statements back tracking the whole thing, while putting spin on the situation that it's a prized role. It's not, it's nothing.

Everyone around Vinnie needs to drop him like the warm sack of diarrhea he currently is and make him get help. I'm sure I've said it before. He needs help, not yes men and women. Everyone needs to stop doing ANYTHING for him until he gets help.

Vinnie could have put out the rediculous singer statemtents, I would not have done it for him, and I would have tried to stop him and find out what the hell is going on. But there is no reasoning with Vinnie, he's deluded beyong the point of talking sense to.

So, left to his own devices he may well choose to continue down the path of being the biggest joke in the music world, but at least I wouldn't be helping him do it, or anybody else.
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

I agree with the enabling thing - from Wilkie, to the fruit loops on the Facebook groups. Not sure I agree that he needs medical help. I just think its a total lack of self-awareness.

I wonder if anyone has actually read the riot act to him at any point in over the last few years (and how long they lasted within the inner circle).
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

There is no physical way vinnie can ever have a band. He will not pay them. Make them sign an illegal contract that tries to own them professionally (even though he has to pay legal minimum) them he will fire them if they say anything what so ever that makes them sound like they have a mind of their own.

What musician Is going to work for nothing and also not be able to say anything they are thinking? I don't know the person , unless it's someone who has zero talent and will try to use vv to get from a nobody to slighly more than a nobody.

It's not physically possible to ever have a line up for vv..this has been demonstrated more than enough times .

The record will not come out as it's vv's only thing he has to keep the few people who like him dangling .. but that record isn't even worth it and God knows what condition it's in now.if its at all been re-worked . I have no faith in current vv to make it anything but terrible .

All he needs to do is out the original recording out with the real drummer and people would be fine . No need to hype it up..just put it out then call it a day.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

As we know, once he released it, there will be no tour, so all he has to make news and events is a never ending release schedule for this album.

It's already had multiple listening parties. We were told it was finished and ready a long time ago, now it's almost ready, just a few tweaks, but we still had a listening party, for this now unfininished album. It will just keep going and probably the people who feel interested in paying $500 for this privilege will keep dwindling.

In regards to medication, I guess I am hoping it's an imbalance that medication can fix that makes Vinnie behave so badly, rather than, this is just how he really, really is. We may never know.
teej

Post by teej »

From experience medication only helps tempre the problem .. it's not the cure .. VV is the cancer and his mentality cannot be fixed by anything short of a lobotomy .. his brain is fucked .. and yeah .. I say it again .. the album will never be released

drmoorejr

Post by drmoorejr »

doublev2 wrote: ↑Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:39 am There is no physical way vinnie can ever have a band. He will not pay them. Make them sign an illegal contract that tries to own them professionally (even though he has to pay legal minimum) them he will fire them if they say anything what so ever that makes them sound like they have a mind of their own.

What musician Is going to work for nothing and also not be able to say anything they are thinking? I don't know the person , unless it's someone who has zero talent and will try to use vv to get from a nobody to slighly more than a nobody.

It's not physically possible to ever have a line up for vv..this has been demonstrated more than enough times .

The record will not come out as it's vv's only thing he has to keep the few people who like him dangling .. but that record isn't even worth it and God knows what condition it's in now.if its at all been re-worked . I have no faith in current vv to make it anything but terrible .

All he needs to do is out the original recording out with the real drummer and people would be fine . No need to hype it up..just put it out then call it a day.
I'd probably play a for nothing. But I love music... and playing (with a real band) would sure beat playing to a drum machine or backing tracks.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I'm with you. I love playing guitar and don't mind playing for free for a good cause or for good reason. Vinnie really does need to prove himself, so that is a good reason for him to do it.

His obsession with drum machines is a worry. It's like, you might not like real drummers, for whatever crazy reason, but everyone else loves drummers, so releasing material with a drum machine so you maybe only you can appreciated it but the entire rest of the world will like it that little bit less. What is the smart way to go?

1. Never release it
2. Release it with real drums that everyone else will appreciate, keeping a drum machine mix for yourself.
3. Release it with the drum machine and forever taint the album with a "what could have been" if the drums were the real ones.
drmoorejr

Post by drmoorejr »

Genebaby wrote: ↑Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:33 am I'm with you. I love playing guitar and don't mind playing for free for a good cause or for good reason. Vinnie really does need to prove himself, so that is a good reason for him to do it.

His obsession with drum machines is a worry. It's like, you might not like real drummers, for whatever crazy reason, but everyone else loves drummers, so releasing material with a drum machine so you maybe only you can appreciated it but the entire rest of the world will like it that little bit less. What is the smart way to go?

1. Never release it
2. Release it with real drums that everyone else will appreciate, keeping a drum machine mix for yourself.
3. Release it with the drum machine and forever taint the album with a "what could have been" if the drums were the real ones.
The thing about drum tracks or metronomes (in my opinion) is they are generic and constant, so its easier to keep consistent tempo which really helps if the rhythm of a particular song is tricky. Bossa Nova songs are an example where I find when I am first learning a song, I need an easy 44/ beat. But once you learn a song and get the rhythm down I feel then its better to use real drums, even if the tempo isn't consistent (or machine like). But that puts some burden on the other musicians to listen to the rest of the band. I feel that maybe Vinnie is so controlling that he doesn't want to be a part of the band, he wants to BE THE BAND with full control.... or is lazy.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

If he could play the drums and cover all instruments that would be great.

Look at all the great music bands have put out with real drummers. It's pretty much a non-issue in a band such as this. Nobody normally has to ask or wonder if it's a machine or a real drummer.

Only with Vinnie do we worry. This album has real drums recorded for it, that's what we would like to hear.
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

I bet after (possibly) playing in his own dwelling alone to a drum machine real live drummers throw him off his game and he's paranoid about it. It's easy to switch stuff around on a drum machine, it takes time and patience to explain stuff to a drummer, especially when you like it your way.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I dunno. I can't see an issue with me playing to a track Vs playing with a drummer.

I actually did it recently. A friend who was in a band that I jammed with last year is now playing solo to supporting tracks. I played quite fine, the only issue was knowing how his file ended certain songs, as I wasn't familiar with them. He ripped when he was playing on his own. As long as someone is keeping time I don't mind, but for that human feel you can't beat a real drummer. A good one anyway, bad drummers bring the whole band down.

Oh to have the master tapes of Bobby's original drums for VVI.
drmoorejr

Post by drmoorejr »

pullitt wrote: ↑Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:32 pm I bet after (possibly) playing in his own dwelling alone to a drum machine real live drummers throw him off his game and he's paranoid about it. It's easy to switch stuff around on a drum machine, it takes time and patience to explain stuff to a drummer, especially when you like it your way.
exactly!
drmoorejr

Post by drmoorejr »

Genebaby wrote: ↑Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:42 pm I dunno. I can't see an issue with me playing to a track Vs playing with a drummer.

I actually did it recently. A friend who was in a band that I jammed with last year is now playing solo to supporting tracks. I played quite fine, the only issue was knowing how his file ended certain songs, as I wasn't familiar with them. He ripped when he was playing on his own. As long as someone is keeping time I don't mind, but for that human feel you can't beat a real drummer. A good one anyway, bad drummers bring the whole band down.

Oh to have the master tapes of Bobby's original drums for VVI.
I agree. But humans are not precise time keepers... but as close as Bobby's drumming was (read it somewhere), somehow Vinnie found fault in it. But since now days he sits on his couch all day watching TV, he is out of "practice" playing with a real band. I am assuming of course and could be wrong, but am I wrong?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Well, if he was actually rehearsing with a real band for Creatures Fest he could have gotten that out of his system. Look at his level of ability. Like riding a bike he would be able to get back into the groove. A beat is a beat is a beat, especially playing live.

Vinnie found all kinds of crazy (non existant) faults with Bobby's drumming under the scrutiny of the recording studio. There he went over every detail, far too much, hearing problems that didn't exist.

Live, you just play the song and have fun.
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

Bobby's drumming sounded worse when he was forced to duplicate a drum machine on VVI. On ASG it's much more natural. I guess later on the compromise was he plays how he wants but his drum sounds will be electronic with no dynamics to them, which is evident on the live video and audio bootlegs on youtube. Seems like Vinnie spent an awful lot of time alone practicing to a drum machine long before he got his band.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Well he had no trouble in any band situation before VVI. Recording, playing live, he did it no problem.

Yes, Bobby's drums did sound worse, which is what Vinnie wanted, to the detriment of the album. He won, we lost.
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

Bobby's account of recording the drums for VVI's debut album is a great read if you've not seen it:

Part 1 here

Part 2 here

The whole process that VV put Bobby through just sounds absolutely extraordinary.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I've read it and the memories for me are painful. I can only imagine how Bobby feels.

Vinnie got away with this because somehow he was able to get an amazing drummer, but also a drummer so young, keen and eager to please. Much like the way things worked with Mark. Their first big break and they went along with far too much crazy behaviour, until they couldn't.

Oh how I lament those missing drum tracks. Knowing they once existed makes listening to the VVI album a little less now. Still a great album, but Vinnie made it a bit less great.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Vinnie actually recommend Bobby to Nelson according to Nelson..they said he couldn't speak highly enough about Bobby..Vinnie changes his stories based on his emotional feelings towards ex band members .

Bobby said nothing but good things about Vinnie. Even Mark was ready to take a call and do something with Vinnie but then Vinnie came back and kept bad feelings about his band alive who were kids at the time getting paid very little. You would think someone as old as Vinnie he would let it all go .
Vinnie needed Mark way more than Mark needed Vinnie .
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

By the way I bump into Bobby quite a bit .
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Bobby, Mark and Dana are legends!! They gave us a second VVI album. Without them, probably Dana especially, it all fell apart. If only it could have been that the band didn't break up. But I get why it did and I probably would have quit sooner.
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

Bobby just seems like a humble, proper stand up human being. Just became a father too!

Saw him play with Lita Ford at the M3 Festival last month - he's a beast behind the kit.

I highly recommend his book "The Boy is Gonna Rock". Lots of VVI stories there.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

https://www.kissfaq.com/forum18/viewtop ... 5&start=50 vinnie caught using a fake photo. He kicked out everyone like the old doublev forum
.he says no photos of old. Vvi band mates .. absolutely insane
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Thanks for that Dino. ANOTHER fake profile for Vinnie to run his crappy Facebook groups. Wasn't Paul Runner enough? Sad, sad, sad....
drmoorejr

Post by drmoorejr »

I just realized that we cannot correct typos in our post replies. I guess I better be careful for now on. As I said in another post if Vinnie spent as much energy playing real songs as he does trolling Facebook and forums, we would have more masterpieces. I still have no doubt Vinnie could (if he wanted to) do great music...
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I think you can do them for a short while right after you post, but not hours and days etc.

If Vinnie did divert his energy from those pointless pursuits he definitely would be in a better place today, but he's spent years doing it, he's hooked.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

What makes me laugh is Robert talks to me and a whole bunch of people all the time including on the phone and also was the one that openly said vv messed the record deal with guitars from hell up as openly saying guitars from hell is garbage but vv is ok with his photo . Yet Dana Strum says nothing bad about vv and he is banned .

Eric Carr also said vv was crazy in public but he is ok

Makes zero sense
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

"Paul Runner" still posting I see! :roll: :roll: :roll:

True Dino. We've never heard Dana bash Vinnie, nor Mark or Bobby. Sure they were angry back in the height of the Slaughter days with "Burning Bridges" but really, nothing that bad since. And I'm sure Dana would have a lot of beans to spill, if he wanted to but never has. For a start, why was the first album sped up? Whose decision was it to do that? Did they actually tune to F Standard for that album and it wasn't sped up?
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

shramiac wrote: ↑Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:10 am "Paul Runner" still posting I see! :roll: :roll: :roll:

True Dino. We've never heard Dana bash Vinnie, nor Mark or Bobby. Sure they were angry back in the height of the Slaughter days with "Burning Bridges" but really, nothing that bad since. And I'm sure Dana would have a lot of beans to spill, if he wanted to but never has. For a start, why was the first album sped up? Whose decision was it to do that? Did they actually tune to F Standard for that album and it wasn't sped up?
That wasn't enough? Vinnie screwed up and didn't respond back then.

What beans does Dana have?

As far as beans, maybe check out the Slaughter Insider on Metal Sludge (1999) for how Dana and Mark used fans, etc. Even Bobby talks about some of Dana's theft problems in his book.
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

doublev2 wrote: ↑Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:30 am What makes me laugh is Robert talks to me and a whole bunch of people all the time including on the phone and also was the one that openly said vv messed the record deal with guitars from hell up as openly saying guitars from hell is garbage but vv is ok with his photo . Yet Dana Strum says nothing bad about vv and he is banned .

Eric Carr also said vv was crazy in public but he is ok

Makes zero sense

Why don't you post some of these quotes you "claim"?

You've made the Robert "claim" he open said Guitars From Hell is garbage countless times, yet you never produce even one time he said that openly.

Robert makes lots of "claims". Including his stupidity about Guitars From Hell record deal.

Odd you claim to talk to Robert so much and you acted like he recorded GFH in 1989, which didn't happen.
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

Genebaby wrote: ↑Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:46 am Bobby, Mark and Dana are legends!! They gave us a second VVI album. Without them, probably Dana especially, it all fell apart. If only it could have been that the band didn't break up. But I get why it did and I probably would have quit sooner.
Dana is the reason it all fell apart. Dana caused the breakup.

Bobby is the only one who comes out of it looking good.

and if not for Dana, we would have had a really good singer replacing Robert. Another bad choice on Dana's part.
birnie

Post by birnie »

Luxor wrote: ↑Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:15 am Dana is the reason it all fell apart. Dana caused the breakup.
Holy Moley !
I wasnt ready!
You need to give me warning before you make statements like that.
Dam near short circuited my monitor with a beer spray !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

Dana is the man who does. Vinnie is a man who talks (types).
drmoorejr

Post by drmoorejr »

Luxor wrote: ↑Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:15 am
Genebaby wrote: ↑Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:46 am Bobby, Mark and Dana are legends!! They gave us a second VVI album. Without them, probably Dana especially, it all fell apart. If only it could have been that the band didn't break up. But I get why it did and I probably would have quit sooner.
Dana is the reason it all fell apart. Dana caused the breakup.

Bobby is the only one who comes out of it looking good.
I agree with these two statements. I also never understood why Vinnie did not allow anyone to post about Bobby Rock. He was and still is a very nice guy and a professional.