3 time SIR Vinnie goer says Vinnie still plays better than all other KISS guitarists (acoustic)

News and information from 2018 onwards
Luxor

3 time SIR Vinnie goer says Vinnie still plays better than all other KISS guitarists (acoustic)

Post by Luxor »

drmoorejr » Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:43 am KISSFAQ

Ratmir wrote: ↑Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:16 pm
The best thing Vinnie’s done in the last five years is that acoustic performance he did when he first reappeared.
If he got a band or just a second guitarist and backup singer and played like that I would pay to see it.

You can't hide behind a high gain amp turned all the way up with an acoustic performance, and Vinnie has done a couple acoustic performances at S.I.R.. He really can play circles around the other KISS guitarists on that acoustic guitar. Finger picking and hybrid picking really sounds nice on acoustic guitars and Vinnie can still do that very well. I always felt Vinnie should have gone down the Jazz fusion route. Hell he could really do good country songs too. He wrote a song called "Born a Country Girl" that never got released. I am not sure if I was supposed to say anything, but at this point I figured it doesn't matter. After these posts of mine a bunch of people blocked me on Facebook (not that I care). Not once have I ever insulted Vinnie's actual musical ability, however at same time I am sticking to my opinion on his 1980's shredding re-visit, which is move on and do the quality music that he is capable of. I was never one to following a musician simply for their "Fame" and "Popularity", I follow the music, and when the music stops I look elsewhere. It is an insult to music lovers everywhere to expect fans to do otherwise. Its always about the music, this is why I stopped following KISS' currently line-up and concerts, because its become a circus.

Thankfully, more people providing the truth of what happens at the SIR events and how well Vinnie can play.

Also, nice to see he isn't a KISS "Enabler". Some around here trash Vinnie, yet they freely enable the "KISS CON"

Also funny how many of the vast Vinnie haters were loving him when he said he wanted songs instead of shredding. But since he's been posting so much truth in replies to them, they aren't loving him like they had been. The KISSFAQ is just a cesspool for Vinnie stalkers, haters, you name it. And nothing is ever done to stop them.

He also busted this that I'm sure didn't go over well with those who hate Vinnie

Asking why he hasn't played certain songs is not a hateful thing to ask, not at all. Asking why he hasn't released new material, no that is not hate, But personal attacks on him and or fans are hateful. Vinnie would still be awesome if he played just the songs, His acoustic guitar skills are still excellent. He still can hybrid pick with excellent rhythm. Vinnie can play music, but choosing to just do a continuous guitar solo with no song to go with it is just not what I am interested in. I never saw Jeff Beck, and the crazy thing is, he was at the top of my all-time favorite list, along with John McLaughlin, Roy Clark, Grant Green (yes Vinnie was on the list). I was intrigued by Vinnie sense melodic phrasing and excellent rhythm. But he no longer wants to do that stuff. I have a really clean copy of "Over You" that song was a beautiful composition, it was said he was going to play with a real vocalist and pedal steel guitar , but it wasn't played from what I was told.

Next on my list is to go see Toto. Steve Lukather can shred, but he only uses that very sparingly, his sense of dynamics is almost unmatched, other than Jeff Beck (God Rest his soul).

Edit: I mentioned something strange as Hybrid picking along with Rhythm... why? Because that is at the heart of good Jazz chord/melodies, I watched Vinnie kinda mess with his acoustic guitar at S.I.R. doing some cool Jazz improv progression why he was talking to everyone..., no one noticed... but I did. It was really nice.
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: 3 time SIR Vinnie goer says Vinnie still plays better than all other KISS guitarists (acoustic)

Post by Genebaby »

I think pretty much all of us would agree with him, we think the same.

It's been suggested that Vinnie just gets out there with his acoustic guitar and play really cool intimate shows for the fans. He seems either incapable or just doesn't want to do that.

Knowing his talents and how broad they are only heightens the confusion at what is allowed to be "released", along with the low recording standard. He's got to have better than that in him.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
drmoorejr

Re: 3 time SIR Vinnie goer says Vinnie still plays better than all other KISS guitarists (acoustic)

Post by drmoorejr »

At S.I.R. while everyone else was paying attention to the solos, the shredding and at one event the medley of Invasion songs to a backing track (that was actually pretty cool), I was most intrigued watching him navigate the fretboard on the acoustic guitar. HE can certain play the same on electric guitar musically as well,.... But he has chosen the less musical route for his showcased act, but I was always paying attention, even the few times he was talking and had that guitar in his hands, Vinnie has it in him to play music (at least in his hands and in his head), just not in his heart.... But now of course I am hated because I prefer the songs over the song-less solos. I tried proving people wrong (the haters) about Vinnie, maybe I am failing? I don't know. But what's done is done, I said the truth, and MOST importantly, It was MY OPINION, as we we know an opinion is neither right nor wrong, it comes from ones perspective...
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

drmoorejr wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:06 am At S.I.R. while everyone else was paying attention to the solos, the shredding and at one event the medley of Invasion songs to a backing track (that was actually pretty cool), I was most intrigued watching him navigate the fretboard on the acoustic guitar. HE can certain play the same on electric guitar musically as well,.... But he has chosen the less musical route for his showcased act, but I was always paying attention, even the few times he was talking and had that guitar in his hands, Vinnie has it in him to play music (at least in his hands and in his head), just not in his heart.... But now of course I am hated because I prefer the songs over the song-less solos. I tried proving people wrong (the haters) about Vinnie, maybe I am failing? I don't know. But what's done is done, I said the truth, and MOST importantly, It was MY OPINION, as we we know an opinion is neither right nor wrong, it comes from ones perspective...
I always thought that you were a loyal Vinnie Fan so it is hard for me to understand why they would hate you or block you?
teej

Post by teej »

Slayer wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:31 pm
drmoorejr wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:06 am At S.I.R. while everyone else was paying attention to the solos, the shredding and at one event the medley of Invasion songs to a backing track (that was actually pretty cool), I was most intrigued watching him navigate the fretboard on the acoustic guitar. HE can certain play the same on electric guitar musically as well,.... But he has chosen the less musical route for his showcased act, but I was always paying attention, even the few times he was talking and had that guitar in his hands, Vinnie has it in him to play music (at least in his hands and in his head), just not in his heart.... But now of course I am hated because I prefer the songs over the song-less solos. I tried proving people wrong (the haters) about Vinnie, maybe I am failing? I don't know. But what's done is done, I said the truth, and MOST importantly, It was MY OPINION, as we we know an opinion is neither right nor wrong, it comes from ones perspective...
I always thought that you were a loyal Vinnie Fan so it is hard for me to understand why they would hate you or block you?
That's the entire problem right there .. I'm no longer a 'fan' of anyone however there are people I do admire .. I'm too old to be a fan boy of anything and I've driven that road

However

Vv seems to think you have to be a meniacle ass kisser or you are the enemy

I'm sorry Cusano but give me 2 weeks guitar practice and I would bury you .. and I wouldn't use tupperwear either .. that said .. at your peak I couldn't touch you .. you are a lazy slob who plays badly .. there .. I said it
We will make monkies of these monkies

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

teej wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:07 am
Slayer wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:31 pm
That's the entire problem right there .. I'm no longer a 'fan' of anyone however there are people I do admire .. I'm too old to be a fan boy of anything and I've driven that road

However

Vv seems to think you have to be a meniacle ass kisser or you are the enemy

I'm sorry Cusano but give me 2 weeks guitar practice and I would bury you .. and I wouldn't use tupperwear either .. that said .. at your peak I couldn't touch you .. you are a lazy slob who plays badly .. there .. I said it

Wow tough talk. You are sure a keyboard warrior! Be sure to go post some more made up stuff from the Vinnie Stalker on the FAQ.
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

drmoorejr wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:06 am At S.I.R. while everyone else was paying attention to the solos, the shredding and at one event the medley of Invasion songs to a backing track (that was actually pretty cool)
It would be great if he played more songs. I love the stories, the songs and the acoustic stuff.
drmoorejr

Post by drmoorejr »

Luxor wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:36 am
drmoorejr wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:06 am At S.I.R. while everyone else was paying attention to the solos, the shredding and at one event the medley of Invasion songs to a backing track (that was actually pretty cool)
It would be great if he played more songs. I love the stories, the songs and the acoustic stuff.
Well the stories would be cool, if they were about his songs, But mud flinging on Gene and Paul got old after the first event. I am not saying Vinnie was wrong, but I wanted to hear about what inspired his songs, or something else music related.