THE PYRO MESSIAH IS BACK! Vinnie "F**king" Vincent Shredfest 2023! All new!

News and information from 2018 onwards
Luxor

THE PYRO MESSIAH IS BACK! Vinnie "F**king" Vincent Shredfest 2023! All new!

Post by Luxor »

VINNIE VINCENT SHREDD LIVE RECORDING 2023
What we will be hearing is a cellphone live recording audio only of VINNIE shredding over a simple blues progression recorded this year 2023.

You wanted, the best ... you've got the best!

I wish he would have done this in the studio, but the man is on fire for sure. His fingers are working like its 1986!
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV
doublev2

Re: THE PYRO MESSIAH IS BACK! Vinnie "F**king" Vincent Shredfest 2023! All new!

Post by doublev2 »

That's probably the worst thing i ever heard . How can my old favorite guitar player turn that bad ?
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Is that your channel?

Oh dear. I'm with Dino, how the mighty have fallen. How do you hear greatness in this? This kind of playing is exactly what Vinnie was (innacurately) accused of back in the 80's. Now he's come full cirlce and those people will have their knives out.

In all honesty, if this is Vinnie's best today it would have been better for him and his legacy to not have something like this come out. We got a taste of how poorly he was playing at Creatures Fest and this is just more proof that he is no longer up there with the best of them.

Shredding over a blues progression? If there is a blues progression there Vinnie murdered it before the track started. It's hard to hear this knowing the greatness Vinnie has been able to achieve before.

This is really not what I was expecting when reading the thread title. I was thinking, new music, new songs, the real deal. Not a terrible, badly recorded shred fest, that is nothing to write home about and get people all excited.

I will never want to hear this again and I'll wait and see what happens next.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

he was my greatest hero, a god on guitar. But what is that?? millions of tones, lined up one after the other without any melody. there are no more patterns to recognize, only vomited tones! I never want to hear shit like this ever again. what does that have to do with ability and who likes to hear that please? new music I thought, not that crap
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
birnie

Post by birnie »

Wow.
It's a hard listen that's for sure.

I'm glad he's out and doing things and he clearly can still work around the fret board.
That's bloody fantastic !
He just needs some reigning in. Woooooah boy!
Maybe a bit more planning on the direction of the melody.
I dont know, i'm no Nuno.
But for the average dude(ette) it's a tough listen.
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

I'm Glad Vin finally released something, it's been a long time coming....I'm No Guitar Player but would have Loved to Hear him play something like his Melodic "Ya Know I'm Pretty Shot", or something like the Solo from Saint & Sinner and maybe a few Jewel's from Treasure/Invasion/ASG, either way I'm Happy for the Guy !
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

He needs to do a jeff beck tribute or slow down. I dont mind fast but that's just sloppy fingers with no music or direction or ideas.

Listening to that I dont expect any new music and if he does put out new music I have very low expectations.

I am with Ed apart from ya know I'm pretty shot is a mix of uncredited old tunes
Bye Bye
puffin

Post by puffin »

I liked it, it has a hypnotic effect. The bass line gives it enough structure.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Dino is that you playing Bass? :=)
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Bass face
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Hey if someone people like thst that's great. I sm a little harsh.. but I would pay not to hear that....
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I won't pay, and I won't hear it again for free. Maybe if you paid me enough....next!!!!
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

Mesmerizing. I'm in the minority here obviously)
But as much as I enjoy it, I'm more about new recorded songs with vocals, hooks and stuff.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Cool that you actually enjoy it, I thought maybe you were pulling our legs. It's just noise over an electronic drum track, which is also lame.

Even for what it is it could be sooooo much better, but this seems to be the peak of Vinnie's current abilities, and after CF this seals it.

Vinnie does not reign supreme among the other 80's shredders still out there, doing it.

It's hard to imagine why though. Where did his talent go? Could it still come back? He claims to have never stopped playing, so it's a bit of a mystery.

How I wish he was back on track, playing amazing and releasing that amazing playing.

I do also wonder at how this phone recording was able/allowed to be released? Did the sycophants around him all agree it was brilliant, his best work yet?
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

pullitt wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:48 pm Mesmerizing. I'm in the minority here obviously)
But as much as I enjoy it, I'm more about new recorded songs with vocals, hooks and stuff.
Hopefully, those will come too. I'm glad you enjoy it and aren't hating on it.
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

BigEd wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:32 am I'm Glad Vin finally released something, it's been a long time coming....I'm No Guitar Player but would have Loved to Hear him play something like his Melodic "Ya Know I'm Pretty Shot", or something like the Solo from Saint & Sinner and maybe a few Jewel's from Treasure/Invasion/ASG, either way I'm Happy for the Guy !
Nice to see real fans weigh in.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

doublev2 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:37 pmBass face
LOL :-)
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

I need some phrasing, direction and melody personally but this is a start
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Slayer wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:26 am I need some phrasing, direction and melody personally but this is a start
It is a start, but yes, all these elements are missing. For this to be someone of Vinnie's calibre it just doesn't seem right. This is like some young kid shredding away with no idea what they are doing or where they are going with it.

Real fans are weighing in all through this thread. Cherry picking only two is revealing your blindness to the truth and lack of interest in it.

Enabling Vinnie instead of helping him see the error of his ways does not make that person a true fan. Those people helped kill Elvis.
teej

Post by teej »

As one of the few who kinda enjoyed speedball for what it was .. I can't get past 30 seconds of that drivel .. it's bloody awful
We will make monkies of these monkies

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

teej wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:32 am As one of the few who kinda enjoyed speedball for what it was .. I can't get past 30 seconds of that drivel .. it's bloody awful
I agree and this is all that Vinnie has allowed us to hear. The acoustic playing when Vinnie first came back was rough as he was finding his way to the right key for his voice but it was arguably better than this lack of focus non musical masturbation.
ankh

Post by ankh »

So, the sum paid for the show was in relation to the amount of notes played? It would have made sense;).

I would like to add my two cents,please bear with me.

I was and still am happy that Vinnie is playng live again.Also, if he has chosen his way to let people talk about him, he is certainly succeding,not so sure if the reaction he's gettin will do him any good.

From what i've read from other posters, in the recent past, during his events Vinnie explained some of the songs,played them on acoustic guitar,including some snippets of the songs he was workin on.It seems also that he played several ballads and also the Kiss tune "I just wanna" playng his version of the song's solo.

During the event that clip was taken off from, he played some songs, including ILL, with backin tape plus some music with a bass player and a drummer,and a few Jeff beck songs. Considering how much he liked Beck,THAT would have been interesting to hear.

Yet , if this audio what was chosen to be heard by the general public, i'm honestly puzzled.

For a musician of that calibre with talent and knowledge, love of the guitar and music in general, to just show this sound logorrhea seems so self demeaning. It reminds me of what Adam Mitchell did say a while ago about the invasion album, even if it sounded like a backhanded compliment.
I also remember when Vinnie said that Ace and the 70's players had roots in the past, and that he was playng music for the future(i'm quoting from memory so bear with me if it is not verbatim wha t he did say).

Both as muscian and as fan, even if i was left out of his playng events,i would be happy if he was playng music he loves and also to the calibre he's fully capable of.Regardless of the genre of the commercial aspect.Also regardless of the public response.

When i've seen the Simmons vault event that included Vinnie, i couldn't help-as fan- but cringe about how Vinne enthusiasm and happyness was taken advantage of and also the way he was treated by Geno himself who simply used Vinnie for his purpose.

To cut a long story short, i wish him the best and also to fully enjoy life and music and play the music he really loves, regardless of whatever nostalgia people may be into,since that has more to do with memories of the past than with the respect of the musicians involved,even professional ones.Kiss and Ace know that so well,don't they?

For those reason alone i couldn't enjoy the clip posted here.More so, as muscian and as fan, knowing Vinnie abilities and talent,and also how much this clip does him unjustice.Fully knowing that he has chosen this path for himself.Kudos to him,and best wishes,not so keen on following it.

Like i've said in another post,it is about choices.Can't help but notice how plenty of musicians are makin a living playng music they love, with less mass appeal for sure but at least they are happy exploring their way through musical environment and make a living out of it.

His hero,Jeff Beck,may be the most clear and famous example.

When it comes to the meaning of whatever vindication people associate with Cusano, i'm not keen to partake it.I'll leave that to the the Farataaas of the world.
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

I enjoyed this new Speedball Jam chapter.
Seriously.
No offense or provocation intended.
say two sky two say fare
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

tukoztukoz wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:39 am I enjoyed this new Speedball Jam chapter.
Seriously.
How sad this board is that you think you have to apologize for liking that. That says more about some of the posters around here than it does you.

Glad you enjoyed it and glad you are a fan.
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

ankh wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:30 am So, the sum paid for the show was in relation to the amount of notes played? It would have made sense;).

I would like to add my two cents,please bear with me.

I was and still am happy that Vinnie is playng live again.Also, if he has chosen his way to let people talk about him, he is certainly succeding,not so sure if the reaction he's gettin will do him any good.

From what i've read from other posters, in the recent past, during his events Vinnie explained some of the songs,played them on acoustic guitar,including some snippets of the songs he was workin on.It seems also that he played several ballads and also the Kiss tune "I just wanna" playng his version of the song's solo.

During the event that clip was taken off from, he played some songs, including ILL, with backin tape plus some music with a bass player and a drummer,and a few Jeff beck songs. Considering how much he liked Beck,THAT would have been interesting to hear.

Yet , if this audio what was chosen to be heard by the general public, i'm honestly puzzled.

For a musician of that calibre with talent and knowledge, love of the guitar and music in general, to just show this sound logorrhea seems so self demeaning. It reminds me of what Adam Mitchell did say a while ago about the invasion album, even if it sounded like a backhanded compliment.
I also remember when Vinnie said that Ace and the 70's players had roots in the past, and that he was playng music for the future(i'm quoting from memory so bear with me if it is not verbatim wha t he did say).

Both as muscian and as fan, even if i was left out of his playng events,i would be happy if he was playng music he loves and also to the calibre he's fully capable of.Regardless of the genre of the commercial aspect.Also regardless of the public response.

When i've seen the Simmons vault event that included Vinnie, i couldn't help-as fan- but cringe about how Vinne enthusiasm and happyness was taken advantage of and also the way he was treated by Geno himself who simply used Vinnie for his purpose.

To cut a long story short, i wish him the best and also to fully enjoy life and music and play the music he really loves, regardless of whatever nostalgia people may be into,since that has more to do with memories of the past than with the respect of the musicians involved,even professional ones.Kiss and Ace know that so well,don't they?

For those reason alone i couldn't enjoy the clip posted here.More so, as muscian and as fan, knowing Vinnie abilities and talent,and also how much this clip does him unjustice.Fully knowing that he has chosen this path for himself.Kudos to him,and best wishes,not so keen on following it.

Like i've said in another post,it is about choices.Can't help but notice how plenty of musicians are makin a living playng music they love, with less mass appeal for sure but at least they are happy exploring their way through musical environment and make a living out of it.

His hero,Jeff Beck,may be the most clear and famous example.

When it comes to the meaning of whatever vindication people associate with Cusano, i'm not keen to partake it.I'll leave that to the the Farataaas of the world.

The music did not come from the show. If you are getting information off the KISSFAQ about this.... 99% of what is said on there about Vinnie etc is not the truth.

But you are correct, he has played numerous songs at the shows (Not shredding). It's a shame he didn't play more songs the last time.

I hear you about KISS and Ace. Kiss commits fraud on the public every night. Charging live performance prices when its on tape. They even have lied about not lip-synching the past several years when its obvious. Then recently Doc did admit and then tried to take it back. The millions they have scammed people acting like its real is astonishing. Then of course all those who got ripped off big time. They've promised to make it good for how long now and still nothing. Over 3 years and people still screwed out of all that money.

Ace- love him but his voice is gone. Some recent clips have sounded terrible. Just awful. But at least he's not faking it. Charging $500 to just meet him and get a pic. Kinda outrageous. Or the money to play your own guitar on stage. And people think Vinnie charges ridiculous prices?

But I can tell you are a fan.

I don't care if people like what he recently did or not. They are the same ones who whined he wouldn't put anything out there new. He does and not only do they whine but they attack him etc.

You did yours respectfully. Some of the others and how they replied, its obvious who the actual fans are and those who might have been in the past but haven't been a fan for a long time now.

It would be nice if more fans came back and posted. The board could use that. Too much negativity
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Luxor wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:00 pm
tukoztukoz wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:39 am I enjoyed this new Speedball Jam chapter.
Seriously.
How sad this board is that you think you have to apologize for liking that. That says more about some of the posters around here than it does you.

Glad you enjoyed it and glad you are a fan.
Nobody is going to rag on tukoztukoz, he's a legend around here, he's just being funny. We don't care if he likes it, he doesn't care if we don't, and neither should you.

It's obviously very polarising, and usually that is not a good thing and will mean that most people will not like it, whatever it is.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

There's a lot of negativity because that is the truth. This is, sadly, one of those 'you can't handle the truth' situations.

Vinnie certainly can't handle the truth, and he ironically has a song with that title.

Being a disappointed fan is just the truth of the matter for many, many fans.

And I do not consider this as Vinnie finally putting something out and we are whining. It's a crappy recording on YT of a crappy (to me and others) performance. A performance if done by myself I would be keeping to myself, not as a statement of "I'm back!".
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

This is how you play to tracks in an intimate setting:
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah, that was very cool. Love me some Slade. Quiet Riot sure made a career with their help. My fave song is Run Runaway.
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

Genebaby wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:12 pm Yeah, that was very cool. Love me some Slade. Quiet Riot sure made a career with their help. My fave song is Run Runaway.
Mine is probably My Oh My.
It's peculiar how they just wouldn't reunite and Noddy and Jim wouldn't perform solo at all.
But again, Jim did what Vinnie is doing the right way - prepared his tracks and prepared himself to perform what the people wanna hear - songs.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes he sure did.

Noddy really doesn't wanna do it does he? So much lost time already.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

All people are here because they loved Vinnie. People still here with the faint hope he puts something good out.

I am cool if people like that playing... but face facts its absolutely terrible. That said I can enjoy terrible
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Vinnie is just pissing on his own legacy . He should have prepared , rehearsed and released good stuff when ready .. not done this less than half ass come back.

Its sad to see this.
Bye Bye
drmoorejr

Post by drmoorejr »

ankh wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:30 am …., if he has chosen his way to let people talk about him, he is certainly succeding,
Wrong, Vinnie apparently is pissed about my post on his “shredding”, I was told by someone in the group. (I had removed myself from the groups a couple weeks ago before this came out). So Vinnie doesn’t like any kind of criticism even from his biggest fans which I have always been on his side. Imagine your wife asking you if you like what she is wearing? What would you say if the truth hurts her feelings? I tried subtly suggesting that his music was more than that shred stuff for years, he doesn’t want to hear it.
drmoorejr

Post by drmoorejr »

Genebaby wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:29 am Yes he sure did.

Noddy really doesn't wanna do it does he? So much lost time already.
I think the days of him touring are done, he could however co-write songs and do session work, maybe he is…. But tour with a live band? No. He doesn’t want that.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

The ultimate narcissist.

If you can't listen to people or force the people around you to say yes its most likely going to result in absolute garbage music.
Its also a sign he knows he's a fraud now

I loved the guy in the 80s but it's absolutely a train wreck now including his playing . He went from arguably the best musician and songwriter kiss ever had to easily the worst player and a non existent writer since 1989
drmoorejr wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:32 pm
ankh wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:30 am …., if he has chosen his way to let people talk about him, he is certainly succeding,
Wrong, Vinnie apparently is pissed about my post on his “shredding”, I was told by someone in the group. (I had removed myself from the groups a couple weeks ago before this came out). So Vinnie doesn’t like any kind of criticism even from his biggest fans which I have always been on his side. Imagine your wife asking you if you like what she is wearing? What would you say if the truth hurts her feelings? I tried subtly suggesting that his music was more than that shred stuff for years, he doesn’t want to hear it.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Even mark st John on meth played way better than Vinnie
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Imagine Vinnie recording an album? Engineer and God help if he had a producer. They wouldn't be able to say anything to him if something sounded wrong .

I just hope of guitars from hell ever released he puts out the 1989 recording with Andre la Belle and not any new version with his current abilities
Bye Bye
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

Why would you leave the Legion (?) long before Vinnie was allegedly "pissed"? What prompted that?

And so you don't really know if Vinnie is pissed or not, that's just heresay that you heard - correct?
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

We all have seen how Vinnie will not take criticism or even anything other than God like praise...as early as the doublev forum he took over and deleted over 2000 accounts haha
Bye Bye
drmoorejr

Post by drmoorejr »

Luxor wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:39 am

Why would you leave the Legion (?) long before Vinnie was allegedly "pissed"? What prompted that?

And so you don't really know if Vinnie is pissed or not, that's just heresay that you heard - correct?
I am in a shit load of music related groups that actually talk about music. These groups were not really posting anything interesting. Well Victor posted interesting and informative content but he was the only one doing anything good. Plus once I realized that the “fan jam” was only to be with a bass guitar, drums and vocals meant that again I wouldn’t be able to play in a jam with Vinnie. So the time I spent the past year practicing 2 invasion songs and 2 kiss songs were a waste. I had to divide my guitar practice time between my jazz studies and that rock stuff. Well at least I didn’t pay $500 for nothing. I skipped the last event because I knew that he wasn’t actually going to have a band perform “Over You”, which I was told would have included a pedal steel guitar, Of course that didn’t happen. I really am not interested in the same talk that I heard the first 3 times, not to mention no one ever asks the right questions. I told vinnie this in an email, I’m only interested in the music. I was highly disappointed in the Mike Brunn interviews, Because they were basically skin deep tabloid questions. No doubt Vinnie would have had fun talking music (I’d like to think he would anyway). I basically grew bored of that and many other groups. I’m in this for the music …. Seriously.

Edit: on how I know, I was given a screenshot in a private message.
drmoorejr

Post by drmoorejr »

doublev2 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:38 am Even mark st John on meth played way better than Vinnie
I doubt that.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I don't like magic bullet theory but blows current vv out of water and he had serious addiction issues
drmoorejr wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 5:53 am
doublev2 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:38 am Even mark st John on meth played way better than Vinnie
I doubt that.
Bye Bye
metatron

Post by metatron »

I don't mind it.
I think if there was some slide guitar, with a good bass groove added and some editing and placement of the shredding it wound give it a cool southern voodoo swamp/shred feel....and real drums, maybe some sax arrangements dueling/accompanying the the shred.

Reminds me alot of myself when I just jerking off...on the guitar that is!
Poor guitar, didn't even see it cumming!....right in the eye.
(oh! the humanity!)
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Vinnie sure ain't no Pyro Messiah these days. Probably hasn't been for a long time. In the 80's, yeah, but it's been a long time and all I see is great 80's guitar players still out there, actually playing guitar to a high standard. On actual tours. With bands. Bands that have drummers.

It seems like it's over for Vinnie, this is what he considers top of the line guitar playing? It's a Pinto among Ferrari's and Porsches. Calling it a Pinto is possibly too much, they could still actually drive around and take people places. So make it....a broken down Pinto, stuffed engine, only three wheels, not all the windows are there, you get the picture.
drmoorejr

Post by drmoorejr »

Genebaby wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 7:13 pm Vinnie sure ain't no Pyro Messiah these days.

He doesn't need to be... He just needs to play songs. But he won't even do that.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That's right, and that makes it even worse.

So many things he could be doing, but he seems to be incapable of doing anything real.

He could have toured the world with just his acoustic guitar, with what we caught a glimpse of in 2018.

The future seemed bright then, but the bulb is dim now.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

He can't make songs. He has not taste and can't play. He really only made music from 1979 to 1989 . 10 year period in his life .
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

The fair thing to do is just have a tribute to Vinnie in the 80s because that's all there ever will be
Bye Bye