ASG #4 breakout album in the country

News and information from 2018 onwards
doublev2

Re: ASG #4 breakout album in the country

Post by doublev2 »

Sorry I don't understand. Did SIR stop the Vinnie event ? Or they made a special allowance?
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Those Vinnie events are an eyesore.. looks similar to hanging out in a flying j gas station
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Luxor wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:21 am
If you are talking about what happened during the "Second Sighting" tour, they were opening for Iron Maiden and Maiden kept getting dates cancelled and Frehleys Comet wasn't getting any money for all those missed dates and all the down time that created.

Well.... that's not quite true.

There were three gigs cancelled on that part of the tour with Ace. Only one gig was cancelled due to poor sales, July 10th 1988 in Allentown.
The second was on July 24th 1988 in Landover and re-scheduled for August 7th (after Ace had finished up). The third was on July 26th in Atlanta when Maiden was stuck in bad weather in Washington. Ace however, still played his set. The show was re-scheduled for the next day and I'd assume Ace Played again?????
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

shramiac wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:18 pm
If you are talking about what happened during the "Second Sighting" tour, they were opening for Iron Maiden and Maiden kept getting dates cancelled and Frehleys Comet wasn't getting any money for all those missed dates and all the down time that created.

You can take that up with J Regan. He was there.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8933
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

doublev2 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:30 am Sorry I don't understand. Did SIR stop the Vinnie event ? Or they made a special allowance?
Just made up nonsense from a troll.
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Luxor wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:32 am
shramiac wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:18 pm

You can take that up with J Regan. He was there.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8933

Poor management decisions by Frehley's team. They missed two shows, which sux but sometimes, things happen.

As for your other comment,

"Of course, Maiden didn't have that problem when VVI was opening for them."

That also is not true.

The 24 Jan 1987 show on the Somewhere on Tour (Time) tour, in Beaumont Texas was cancelled for....bad ticket sales.

I will admit, I would have LOVED to see those Maiden/VVI gigs.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

As much as some people don't like mark Slaughter his vocals worked amazingly on asg. Love Kills and ashes to ashes especially. Great contrast to the smooth sound of the music on love kills. I think it's a ginormous vocal achievement for someone who was maybe not the greatest singer
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I thought Mark was an amazing singer because of what he did on ASG. He totally suits that album, the perfect voice for all those songs. As a regular music lover I thought Mark was up there with the best of the 80's.

Would have been intereting if Robert had tried some of them back in the day as a contrast, but he was long out of the picture of course.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

Yes, Mark was excellent and technical on his only album with Vinnie. Every little inflection done with precision... except I don't like his screechiness in bits like the break before the solo in Burn, it just cheapens the record. If you compare other people that sang for Vinnie, Goran didn't have enough power in his voice, Jeff was too baritoney and Robert was too improvisational. Mark struck the perfect balance, he grounded the songs a little despite reaching so high.
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

For a 24 yr old kid, who was Teaching Guitar and Playing in relatively Unknown Bands at the time, I think Mark did an Amazing Job on Vocals....especially on the songs Love Kills, Time of the Year and Ecstacy, which in My Opinion are True Masterpieces !
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, also consider that. I was surprised to find out he could play guitar, I thought he was a dedicated singer. Of course in VVI there is only room for one guitarist, but wow, what a performance, he shot it out of the park. Vinnie could not have asked for more.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I think the producers and engineer of asg must have been a big reason why Mark sounded good. I think with Mark it probably was a huge amount or work. Mark's voice definitely more commercial with the kids than Robert. I like them both in vvi and quite different . Robert would probably have been more appeal with older crowd but the way Vinnie had him singing its hard to have known the commercial market
Bye Bye