New Vinnie material in the works?

News and information from 2018 onwards
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

New Vinnie material in the works?

Post by strangeways »

Hope so.

* sorry if already posted elsewhere here...

"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: New Vinnie material in the works?

Post by Genebaby »

Well, we have been waiting a loooooong time! It's good to see there seems to be things happening, but man, I won't get too excited until other people literally have them in their hands and it's completely real.

So, we wait......with fingers crossed. And I don't want to hear about vinyl if it's going to slow things down. Do the regular formats and the vinyl can come later.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
birnie

Post by birnie »

Cool 😎
Let's go!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Good stuff! Good, good stuff!!!

And hopefully digital media CDs/downloadable tracks, etc... not shitty vinyl.

Facepalm at the "Vinny" though! :roll: :roll: :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I didn't notice the Vinny bit before. Yeah, not great. Vinny Vincent and Randy Roads, guitar legends.
metatron

Post by metatron »

The Y chromosome contains a "male-determining gene,
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

What is this? All Systems Go revoiced? By whom? Mike Weeks? Credited as Robert Fleischman? Per undisclosed monetary agreement?
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

It's Guitarmageddon. Heard it all. Not really new.
Bye Bye
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

From what I heard, yes it will include new material.
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Does anyone have any idea when it will be released?
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Where did you hear what you heard lol

He is releasing Guitarmageddon. Just cleaning it up. Have nice drum machine sound
Luxor wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:49 am From what I heard, yes it will include new material.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

This album was in the line to be pressed wasn't it? Another lie? They said the wait time to press the vinyl was a long time but now mixing again? Hmmmm
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

By the way my record label put out 4 vinyl albums and wait time was about a month for each
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I would really like a time frame to work with on this, so my expectations can be met.

Whatever is being released, I don't care, just the timing.

It could be as bad as Speedball Jamm, but at least that did get released.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Vinyl sucks ass!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

Genebaby wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:55 pm It could be as bad as Speedball Jamm, but at least that did get released.
Did it really? Not a CD-R?
I haven't seen anyone showing off their copies.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes indeedy, it was released properly and commercially, at the time but I guess production was a little limited.

To add insult to injury to those who had ordered the Box Set, this was released as Archives Vol 1!!! And if they wanted it, they had to buy it!

Of course nothing followed it and it's value as a disc of music is like zero, but it's collectable now.

My biggest problem with it is that it is not one LOOOOONG solo by Vinnie, of what he called Speedball Jamm. It's one track, stitched together from a variety of takes and sources, so it's a boring as hell. I guess you've heard it at least once?

Below is mine, I had to go find it. I got it when Richie Ranno was selling a bunch of them on Ebay a LOOOONG time ago. It's signed by Vinnie and I think it was like $10 at the time. It was cheap, so I got it.
20230113_193814.jpg
20230113_193814.jpg (205.26 KiB) Viewed 3996 times
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

Genebaby wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:48 pm My biggest problem with it is that it is not one LOOOOONG solo by Vinnie, of what he called Speedball Jamm. It's one track, stitched together from a variety of takes and sources, so it's a boring as hell. I guess you've heard it at least once?

Below is mine, I had to go find it. I got it when Richie Ranno was selling a bunch of them on Ebay a LOOOONG time ago. It's signed by Vinnie and I think it was like $10 at the time. It was cheap, so I got it.
Cool to see!
But I meant the re-release of it that he announced a year or two ago, not the original run. The one that's on his site for 350 USD.
And sure, I heard everything he released. It was easy cos he didn't release much!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

All the people mentioned working on It all said not new just old stuff
Vinnie can't play well enough to put out new stuff
Bye Bye
teej

Post by teej »

If I'm not mistaken that pic was from 2019 .. make of that what you will
We will make monkies of these monkies

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

pullitt wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:21 pm
Genebaby wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:48 pm My biggest problem with it is that it is not one LOOOOONG solo by Vinnie, of what he called Speedball Jamm. It's one track, stitched together from a variety of takes and sources, so it's a boring as hell. I guess you've heard it at least once?

Cool to see!
But I meant the re-release of it that he announced a year or two ago, not the original run. The one that's on his site for 350 USD.
And sure, I heard everything he released. It was easy cos he didn't release much!
Duh, sorry man, I completely forgot it was supposed to be re-released, at a nicely high price. No idea if they eventuated at all as a proper product. It's definitely not worth $350 for a re-release version, would the original be even worth that much. As I said, the content is junk, just the item itself is rare now.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

teej wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:14 am If I'm not mistaken that pic was from 2019 .. make of that what you will
Oooh, how do you know this Teej?
birnie

Post by birnie »

Is in a kiss FAQ thread. Easy google
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I don't have that much of a care factor, but I just did. It's really sad. The picture is from November 2021 actually that thread says, so still old, why is it being posted like it's fresh?

Categorically this album should be out NOW, it's WAAAAY overdue. People were going nuts over it a long time ago when they apparently heard it.

I guess like all those overseas guitar buyers at NAMM that also didn't exist. Everything is fake.
teej

Post by teej »

Yeah was somewhere on the kissfaq .. I don't get very involved with it because I really don't care that much about KISS these days .. defo an old pic and yet still zero music .. where we at now? 30 / 40 yrs?? Based on his insane prices the chances are I'm just not going to give a shit whatever he eventually does release.. maybe I just moved on from the SHRED that he constantly dribbles about .. hell I hardly play right now
We will make monkies of these monkies

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

doublev2 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:27 pm Where did you hear what you heard lol

He is releasing Guitarmageddon. Just cleaning it up. Have nice drum machine sound
Luxor wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:49 am From what I heard, yes it will include new material.
So you laugh when you have no idea what is coming out.

You heard absolutely nothing and yet you responded acting like you have heard something.
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV