A ton of Vinnie demo's transferred for COTN 40th and not used

News and information from 2018 onwards
Luxor

A ton of Vinnie demo's transferred for COTN 40th and not used

Post by Luxor »

This is a crime. No telling how many songs we didn't get to hear. They probably could have had a box set out of just all the VInnie stuff for COTN.

Vinnie should have listening parties and just crank out a ton of the old demos. We know Gene and Paul would stop him releasing any on his own. But could you imagine going to a theater and having versions of "Back On The Streets" KISS versions playing and so much else?

Do KISS demos one day and Guitarmageddon and then demos the next day. He could make a ton of money. Of course, people would have to be searched to make sure they don't bring in recording devices.

Direct confirmation they had them and they were transferred to use for 40th:
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV
VVArchives

Re: A ton of Vinnie demo's transferred for COTN 40th and not used

Post by VVArchives »

That is criminal we were denied so many great Vinnie demos and live solo.

I believe it was Eric Carr who talked about everyone getting a shot to do lead vocals on "Back On The Streets". Could you imagine getting all 4 of those on the box set?

Could you imagine getting work tapes of songs that weren't recorded for the album but were written by Vinnie, Gene and Paul?

It would be great if Vinnie did put out all that stuff but of course Gene and Paul would sue his ass.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Sadly there is always shit left behind. I was annoyed the KISS Box set from 20 years ago was not complete. Then Gene's Vault has so many things missing, but I guess there is a limit and maybe a use for them somewhere else.

I would have traded the live stuff for more of the unreleased music.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

I'm going to call BS on "all these demos".

This isn't just an attack on Vinnie but on a lot of bands, especially KISS!

What do lots of bands (ESPECIALLY KISS) say, "we took 40 songs into the studio and picked the best 10 for the album".

Well, what did the CoTN boxset give us? A handful of half finished crap and remixes/demos of already released songs. One of the Gene songs I'd bet my left ball was from his KISS solo album demos. Thank the Lord I didn't waste money on it!

What are the Vinnie bootleg demos we've got over the years, 5 versions of Back on the Streets, 4 versions of Young Blood, 3-4 versions of Gypsy in Her Eyes, etc..... hardly a plethora of new material.

Are there more? Probably but we sadly will likely never find out. :(
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

It was more than I expected. Funny how Betrayed always lacked a real solo, be it with Warrior or with Kiss. Also funny that it's just a scat vocal from Paul. Shame it wasn't as funny as his Revenge scat vocals.

Of all the bands that boasted about having dozens of songs ready to go for each album, I believe the Ramones were among the few truthful ones.
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

shramiac wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:42 am I'm going to call BS on "all these demos".

What do lots of bands (ESPECIALLY KISS) say, "we took 40 songs into the studio and picked the best 10 for the album".

Well, what did the CoTN boxset give us? A handful of half finished crap and remixes/demos of already released songs. One of the Gene songs I'd bet my left ball was from his KISS solo album demos. Thank the Lord I didn't waste money on it!

What are the Vinnie bootleg demos we've got over the years, 5 versions of Back on the Streets, 4 versions of Young Blood, 3-4 versions of Gypsy in Her Eyes, etc..... hardly a plethora of new material.

Of course COTN Box Set didn't give us much. They had a ton more and of Vinnie's stuff and it wasn't on there.

Sadly Gene wrote 40 shit songs and none of them were worth a damn. Didn't he tell MJJ he had 40 written for COTN?

Gene's vault was a joke. A ton of horrible songs. And the only song that was good was one pretty much nobody had heard of for Revenge, "I Wanna Live".

But more importantly, the tapes of all those songwriting sessions. How the songs developed etc.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

I Wanna Live is a great song for sure. Very different..............
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

Yep. I wasn't interested in the vault except for this one song. It's a shame that Vinnie's discography is a piecemeal deal. A bunch of demos, versions, and music with other people. Hey, maybe release Guitarmageddon already? After Warrior (again, not even released by Vinnie) it's my favrourite of yours Vinnie.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Where did Eric carr say that ? Also Vinnie wouldn't sing the demo as he wasn't in kiss unless he was demoing it for the other members .
Has anyone got a link to anyone actually saying kiss even recorded back on streets other than rumors?
VVArchives wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:49 am That is criminal we were denied so many great Vinnie demos and live solo.

I believe it was Eric Carr who talked about everyone getting a shot to do lead vocals on "Back On The Streets". Could you imagine getting all 4 of those on the box set?

Could you imagine getting work tapes of songs that weren't recorded for the album but were written by Vinnie, Gene and Paul?

It would be great if Vinnie did put out all that stuff but of course Gene and Paul would sue his ass.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Why would kiss put any Vinnie demos seen as be constant sued them and bad mouthed them . Vinnie wouldn't put a mark slaughter demo on a new version of all systems go would he ? And mark hardly ever bad mouthed Vinnie
shramiac wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:42 am I'm going to call BS on "all these demos".

Bye Bye
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

doublev2 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:45 am Why would kiss put any Vinnie demos seen as be constant sued them and bad mouthed them . Vinnie wouldn't put a mark slaughter demo on a new version of all systems go would he ? And mark hardly ever bad mouthed Vinnie
He only sued them because they ripped him off millions. KISS gets to hide behind loopholes and not pay him.

Why would KISS put out a Box Set with Vinnie and his pictures all over it? Because they want something that will sell.

They could have put out a ton of other box sets. 2nd one after Destroyer is a Vinnie album. Imagine that.

Why would Vinnie put a singers voice he can't stand on something?
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

doublev2 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:42 am Where did Eric carr say that ? Also Vinnie wouldn't sing the demo as he wasn't in kiss unless he was demoing it for the other members .
Has anyone got a link to anyone actually saying kiss even recorded back on streets other than rumors?
VVArchives wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:49 am That is criminal we were denied so many great Vinnie demos and live solo.

You mean like Eric saying, "We all took turns trying to sing the lead". Vinnie could have done it, because it was his song; he could sing it, but he was not in the band at that point and we (LOL like Eric had a voice) weren't about to let him have a lead vocal.

Paul claims he didn't like the vocals he did for it.
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

Slayer wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:52 pm I Wanna Live is a great song for sure. Very different..............
Yep and that one didn't leak out at all. It was pretty much a surprise on The Vault.

No telling how many great songs Vinnie and Gene had since Gene said they at least wrote 10 together for Revenge.

If they had been smart enough to include "I Wanna Live", it would have easily been one of the best tracks on Revenge.
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

Why wouldn't Vinnie include it on his own record? Why does he need to release his songs through other people's operation and then complain about not getting what he thinks he's due? Why doesn't he trust in his ability to sell music on his own, if he's such hot stuff? (I think he is).
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

These Vinnie creatures demos and live recordings were promised many many times and announced by Vinnie to be on his archives release. He announced them in about 1995 then again about 2010 then about yearly since .. No crime here on kiss behalf ... Vinnie wasn't in kiss at time of demos.. Vinnie sues kiss at a drop of a hat so no way are they going to put his tunes out..however Vinnie can still do it or at least announce the announcement a few more times. Haha
Luxor wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:45 am This is a crime. No telling how many songs we didn't get to hear. They probably could have had a box set out of just all the VInnie stuff for COTN.

Vinnie should have listening parties and just crank out a ton of the old demos. We know Gene and Paul would stop him releasing any on his own. But could you imagine going to a theater and having versions of "Back On The Streets" KISS versions playing and so much else?

Do KISS demos one day and Guitarmageddon and then demos the next day. He could make a ton of money. Of course, people would have to be searched to make sure they don't bring in recording devices.

Direct confirmation they had them and they were transferred to use for 40th:
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Exactly but what I have seen since vv came back who would want it and who would pay the insane money he would ask? As well as the awful graphic design by amateur kiss fans
pullitt wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:42 pm Why wouldn't Vinnie include it on his own record? Why does he need to release his songs through other people's operation and then complain about not getting what he thinks he's due? Why doesn't he trust in his ability to sell music on his own, if he's such hot stuff? (I think he is).
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

The royalties don't come from kiss they come from agency so how did kiss rip Vinnie off? He says he didn't get paid enough to tour with them while the band was literally on brink of bankruptcy .. how is that ripping Vinnie off a guy who was sleeping on sofas before he joined kiss and had no success at all in his 20s unlike Kiss in their 20s.
If kiss ask me to tour with them and they don't offer me enough I don't do it then sue them 30 years later lol
VVArchives wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:31 am
doublev2 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:45 am Why would kiss put any Vinnie demos seen as be constant sued them and bad mouthed them . Vinnie wouldn't put a mark slaughter demo on a new version of all systems go would he ? And mark hardly ever bad mouthed Vinnie
He only sued them because they ripped him off millions. KISS gets to hide behind loopholes and not pay him.

Why would KISS put out a Box Set with Vinnie and his pictures all over it? Because they want something that will sell.

They could have put out a ton of other box sets. 2nd one after Destroyer is a Vinnie album. Imagine that.

Why would Vinnie put a singers voice he can't stand on something?
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Vinnie was not in the band while creatures being recorded. You think they would put a non credited session musicians singing on a song on creatures hahaha. If Eric said that it would have been Gene, Paul and Eric not Vinnie. Vinnie would have already sung on original demo why would they record officially for a guy who wasn't in band and they were still promoting Ace . Hahaha . I wish these people who just get real
VVArchives wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:40 am
doublev2 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:42 am Where did Eric carr say that ? Also Vinnie wouldn't sing the demo as he wasn't in kiss unless he was demoing it for the other members .

You mean like Eric saying, "We all took turns trying to sing the lead". Vinnie could have done it, because it was his song; he could sing it, but he was not in the band at that point and we (LOL like Eric had a voice) weren't about to let him have a lead vocal.

Paul claims he didn't like the vocals he did for it.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

The question I have is why back on the streets not recorded for lick it up if rejected for creatures?
Bye Bye
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

doublev2 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:53 am The question I have is why back on the streets not recorded for lick it up if rejected for creatures?
Maybe then the rest of the album would pale in comparison? Maybe not.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Back on the Streets is cool but not "makes Exciter pale in comparison" cool, LoL....The whole LIU album is great, I wouldn't want to lose a song, so as an additional 11th song I would be able to accept BOTS. :D
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

Genebaby wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:47 am Back on the Streets is cool but not "makes Exciter pale in comparison" cool, LoL....The whole LIU album is great, I wouldn't want to lose a song, so as an additional 11th song I would be able to accept BOTS. :D
I could easily lose the 1 song Vinnie didn't have a hand in on LIU, the dreadful "Dance All Over Your Face".

Seeing how the label and KISS blew it with LIU, the should have released "A Million To One" as the second single/video.
And "I Still Love You" should have been dropped from the setlist for it.

"Back On The Streets" would have been great on Vinamilized.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

God, I love Dance All Over Your Face, what great lyrics! Listen bitch, I got news!! I tell that to people at work.

A Million to One in the set instead of ISLY would have been great. We didn't get to hear that until Paul's solo tour. So psyched to hear it in Sydney when he toured.
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

I think out of all the demos and writing sessions, I would like to see/hear all the versions of "Unholy". I think I read how that went through numerous lyric changes.
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

Regarding "A ton of Vinnie demo's transferred for COTN 40th and not used" - what number constitutes a ton and what are the titles?
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

What I would like to hear is a sped up extended speedball jamm release for 400 dollars .
Bye Bye
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

doublev2 wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:36 am What I would like to hear is a sped up extended speedball jamm release for 400 dollars .
Oh my GOD, I just blew coffee out my nose. that is funny as phuck Dino :lol: :lol: :lol:
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Dino is a prophet!!

THIS is EXACTLY what the world need right now, to unify us in peace and forgiveness.

Sped up and extended would only make Speedball Jamm more powerful as a body of music. $400 is a pittance for such mastery as this.

The funds could help heal the world.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Genebaby wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:40 am Dino is a prophet!!

THIS is EXACTLY what the world need right now, to unify us in peace and forgiveness.

Sped up and extended would only make Speedball Jamm more powerful as a body of music. $400 is a pittance for such mastery as this.

The funds could help heal the world.
LOL with Vic!