Jim Crean talking about the VV thing RECENT

News and information from 2018 onwards
pullitt

Jim Crean talking about the VV thing RECENT

Post by pullitt »

Just stumbled upon this. Should be good. 34:45 mark.

Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Jim Crean talking about the VV thing RECENT

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah, Vinnie probably did nothing to prepare for this while the actual band worked on the material before the plugged got pulled.

After CF, which was after this, it's gotta be a thing that Vinnie just cannot perform properly again, with a band like other artists do, yet he likes to advertise and pretend that it will happen. After CF the hope has gone.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

I don't remember this story being on CNN like Jim says. Can't find it now either. Must be a rockstar embellishment thing. Like Vinnie saying that when he was arrested, the cops were blasting Boys Are Gonna Rock in the room next to his cell. Still I gotta say Jim is the best Vinnie could hope for at this stage in his life. Judging by the Appice performances on youtube, Jim got even better with age.
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

Thank goodness Vinnie didn't work with him.

A lard ass wearing a witches hat. What a clown

It is funny how he admits Carmine was trying to milk the Vinnie bandwagon. Too bad Carmine has nothing going on so he wouldn't have to ride VInnie.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I will say the hat was strange to me, but he is American, and it is approaching Halloween, so I thought, yeah...ok.... Does he keep wearing it all year round? If then, I will put it down to him being American.

Either way, his hanging at home look would not be the same as his rockin' out with the band look, he would would obviously dress for the occasion. This seems to be what he wants to wear at home doing an interview.

Vinnie has some Vanilla Fudge gigs come up. I am guessing these will happen as people expect, ie, the band will play after the audience is in and they will perform familiar songs live.

He's also doing Rock n Roll Fantasy Camp next year with some cool people (not cool to me, but cool in the industry). I am guessing he will do this, and again perform as expected of the audience and his fellow musicians.

There is also a Box Set Carmine is selling, featuing a bunch of guitarists, not really sure what it's about, but I am going to say that you will get one if you orer it.

So Carmine has some stuff going on. What's Vinnie got going on? Is he even a musician anymore?
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

Jim Crean is a musician, so he gets to wear a hat ))
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

Lets not forget who is booking Carmine gigs. Derek "The Con Man" Christopher.

That shows you how well Carmine is doing.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

At one point Vinnie was loving Derek, but with Vinnie things go bad and it's the other guys fault. Seems Derek is getting things done for Carmine.

I think the different is that this time Derek has an artist who can actually get out there and do things, a proper musician. Vinnie could handle the coming out event, but not the show mid year with a reunion with Robert, which would have been magic.

Also the way Vinnie works is that Derek may get back in his favour. Look at his lawyer Mark, old family friend. He's in, he's out, he's back in again.
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

Genebaby wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:24 am At one point Vinnie was loving Derek, but with Vinnie things go bad and it's the other guys fault. Seems Derek is getting things done for Carmine.

I think the different is that this time Derek has an artist who can actually get out there and do things, a proper musician. Vinnie could handle the coming out event, but not the show mid year with a reunion with Robert, which would have been magic.
Because Derek is a criminal and rips off people.

And what big things is Carmine doing with Derek? If Carmine was legit, he would have an actual booking agent. He's scraping the barrel with a con man and he's whining that Vinnie wouldn't let him release 200 pieces or 500. Carmine must really be desperate for money.
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

Why exactly is Derek a "criminal"?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, there is somebody else we know who's actions are more inclined that way over time......
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Someone who works for Carmine told me this straight...

Carmine is actually quite active.

He has Vanilla Fudge, Cactus, King Kobra's new album with Summer '23 dates booked. A very well paid Rod Stewart tribute band gig, speaking engagements and Drum Wars with his brother.

Derek and Carmine are friendly but, the majority of his work is done by other booking agents, not Derek.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

aeroflott wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:36 pm Why exactly is Derek a "criminal"?
Maybe you don't think lying to credit card companies etc is any big deal. You are probably cool with Derek stealing money and saying a concert happened when it didn't.
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

VVArchives wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:22 am
Maybe you don't think lying to credit card companies etc is any big deal. You are probably cool with Derek stealing money and saying a concert happened when it didn't.
You want to expand on that? Because that's quite an accusation.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

ooohhh lying to credit card companies..ooohh .
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

What about the Vinnie classic, "Hey Eric, you're not gonna believe this, but I left my wallet at home".
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

doublev2 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:11 pm

Committing Fraud. No big deal. Lying to credit card companies and claiming a show actually happened when it didn't so then people had to provide proof (links to stories on the show being cancelled etc) when they were fighting to get their money returned for cancelled show.

But of course a POS like you would think that's no big deal because you support the corrupt Derek.
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

VVArchives wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:02 am
Committing Fraud. No big deal. Lying to credit card companies and claiming a show actually happened when it didn't so then people had to provide proof (links to stories on the show being cancelled etc) when they were fighting to get their money returned for cancelled show.

But of course a POS like you would think that's no big deal because you support the corrupt Derek.
That's nice.

Jesus dude.
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

aeroflott wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:46 am
VVArchives wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:02 am

That's nice.

Jesus dude.

Odd oh no comment on the criminal Derek?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

We don't have the insight into Derek you seem to have, so what can we say? If anyone does that stuff, it's not cool, but where is your proof? You've asked me for proof on things and I've shown you.
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

Genebaby wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:45 am We don't have the insight into Derek you seem to have, so what can we say? If anyone does that stuff, it's not cool, but where is your proof? You've asked me for proof on things and I've shown you.

Here's just one good example of Derek and it includes links to lawsuits etc

Sued by credit card companies etc

https://www.kissfaq.com/forum18/viewtopic.php?t=127356

and people who went to Expo's did get alot of what they were promised.

I just hope Carmine gets royally screwed by DC! He thinks that guy is honest, trustworthy etc. Unbelievable.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Derek was the one to finally get Vinnie back into the public eye. How did he do that? I was amazed when it was announced, and then that it happened.

The Graceland show was a cluster of epic proportions. Vinnie didn't even prep anything with the band as the show got closer and closer and you would have to be Derek to know how things were arranged with Vinnie as Vinnie is not the best business partner to have, so I am sure there are other sides to the story.

I would wager that Carmine will be ok, and that with a normal artist the normal booking and ticketing rules will apply. I think it's been going for a while now and seems to be fine.

The takeaway here is the history of people who have worked for Vinnie, it doesn't seem to go well for long, or last.

Vinnie moves on to the next guy, and then the next. It's Neil Davis at the moment, but who knows for how long.