Wes Beech talks Vinnie / Creatures tour

News and information from 2018 onwards
VVArchives

Wes Beech talks Vinnie / Creatures tour

Post by VVArchives »

Wes liked Vinnie and this story is hilarious

Gene and Paul were bitching because Vinnie didn't have enough Stage Presence early on the Creatures tour. And they bitched at him.

Look at the monster they created. It wasn't long before Vinnie was over-shadowing both Gene and Paul on stage and Paul was getting his panties all in a bunch about it. Of course, the best is all the lies about Vinnie increasing his solo time and other nonsense. But if Paul makes a claim most Kiss fans always accept it instead of finding out the truth.

Worst of all, the guy who was in the band 11 or 12 years had zero stage presence at all. I guess Paul preferred someone with no stage presence after being over-shadowing by Vinnie in terms of writing, ability and saving KISS.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Wes Beech talks Vinnie / Creatures tour

Post by Genebaby »

Ok, that's very interesting and good to hear some info from someone who was there.

What would be great would be if Vinnie could tell us all about this and so much more!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

Its funny, because I've seen this interview posted on other boards and I don't think anyone else picked up on the absurdity of Gene and Paul whining about Vinnie and stage presence.

And then after Vinnie upstaged them, they were happy with Spruce Kulick.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

They were happy, they were. Vinnie had so much confidence to go into a band like KISS and be like that.

I would say that Bruce heard all this "negative" feedback, and as a good employee he did what he thought his bosses wanted. He had a lot of stage experience by the time he joined KISS, though the early Animalize days were under some pressure but he could have found his groove pretty quickly still.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Vinnie needs that confidence back, to really tell us some stuff from back in the day, and to storm the stage again with a real band playing real songs. That would be great.
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

Wow, Wes Beech sounds exactly like Ace would've without the slurred speech.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

People think that the audience had any idea who was up on stage. I went with my dad to see animalize show and virtually no one knew eric Carr and definitely not Bruce. People were not fans like they are now and had very few outlets to know anything about bands. I would go to kiss shows in 87 to 1990 in vinnie shirt and virtually no one knew who vinnie was or vinnie vincent invasion

Just my observation but life was so different back then.

Vvi used to get under 50 People to a lot of shows
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It still happens these days with KISS Dino. Many casual fans see the original faces and really do think they are going to see Ace and Peter, I've heard this. I think it's crazy as I think "how could you not know" but some people just don't keep up, notice KISS are touring and are a bit interested in seeing them.

KISS did gain a ton of casual fans again when they put the makeup back on. Witness the success of the reunion tour, all those "fans" who did not go to see them the last 15 years, now out in numbers and loving KISS, but also forgetting about them once they have left town.

Certainly for Creatures there was confusion with Ace being shown on the album and tour material, so a lot of people had to realise at the show that it wasn't Ace up there. Same for Animilize, with Mark on the album and tour promotion. With Mark and Bruce not looking so different some people may have gone home thinking they saw Mark, you never know.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

In the 80s there were only a handful of super fans unlike now. You had to find unofficial books. Get goldmine, record collector and kerrang and interview discs to know about kiss details and then piece the whole thing together yourself. Not many would or could do this .
Bye Bye
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

doublev2 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:28 am People think that the audience had any idea who was up on stage. I went with my dad to see animalize show and virtually no one knew eric Carr and definitely not Bruce. People were not fans like they are now and had very few outlets to know anything about bands. I would go to kiss shows in 87 to 1990 in vinnie shirt and virtually no one knew who vinnie was or vinnie vincent invasion

Most f'ing lies as usual. What a crock of lies! All you do is spew BS about Vinnie. Again...why are you here? Just to spew your lies and hate? You don't care about facts or anything.
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

doublev2 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:55 am In the 80s there were only a handful of super fans unlike now. You had to find unofficial books. Get goldmine, record collector and kerrang and interview discs to know about kiss details and then piece the whole thing together yourself. Not many would or could do this .

What a stupid ass thing to say.

Sure nobody was buying: Circus, Hit Parade, Metal Edge, Creem Metal and a tone of other rock mags.

and its so stupid of you to act like nobody knew who Vinnie, Eric Carr was etc. Absolutely F'ing stupid.

Sure, nobody knew who someone like Vinnie was when MTV played the shit out of Lick It Up.

Maybe take a look at some of those rock polls from back then when Vinnie is towards the top...guitarists, best new band etc.

You probably weren't even born yet, since you spew out so many lies.
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

Cool to hear some behind the scenes about the Creatures tour and how Vinnie was treated.
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

Did Ken Sharp interview Wes for the Creatures 40th?
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Errr I was at lick it up tour and Vinnie certainly didn't upstage Paul and Gene. Everyone I spoke to didn't even know who the lead guitarist was. He was a great performer back then but upstage...no way
VVArchives wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:54 am Its funny, because I've seen this interview posted on other boards and I don't think anyone else picked up on the absurdity of Gene and Paul whining about Vinnie and stage presence.

And then after Vinnie upstaged them, they were happy with Spruce Kulick.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Way you hating on me personally and telling me I am.a lair . Its ok to disagree but to call me a liar really should be moderated . Its not cool.
I was there and a super fan. I tell you that around 1982 to 1986 it was extremely hard to find info about band members etc ..where do you think the average kid into Rock and metal got info from ? Most were not buying magazines and the Americans metal magazines were basically paid promos so no info on Vinnie or Bruce. Kerrang was better but virtually no way to get that in usa apart from a few pawn stores that carried over sees magazines and I never met any kids who knew what kerrang was in the USA. You had to piece stuff together . And no big kiss conventions in the 80s . Accusing me of being a liar I would ask for you to be banned as unless you can be a little nicer. Agreeing or not agreeing is not an issue but telling me I am a lair is over the line
VVArchives wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:53 am
doublev2 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:28 am People think that the audience had any idea who was up on stage. I went with my dad to see animalize show and virtually no one knew eric Carr and definitely not Bruce. People were not fans like they are now and had very few outlets to know anything about bands. I would go to kiss shows in 87 to 1990 in vinnie shirt and virtually no one knew who vinnie was or vinnie vincent invasion

Most f'ing lies as usual. What a crock of lies! All you do is spew BS about Vinnie. Again...why are you here? Just to spew your lies and hate? You don't care about facts or anything.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, I agree, there has to be a toning down of the hate from VVArchives, its uncalled for.
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

The freedom of speech up in here so far has been very broad. Strangely enough, I think more people are posting in the secret VV Angelshredder type groups and on Kiss faq specifically because of the restrictions. People are drawn to imposing restrictions onto themselves and onto others, like it's some kind of a game with rules. As if no rules means no game.
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

pullitt wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:42 pm The freedom of speech up in here so far has been very broad. Strangely enough, I think more people are posting in the secret VV Angelshredder type groups and on Kiss faq specifically because of the restrictions. People are drawn to imposing restrictions onto themselves and onto others, like it's some kind of a game with rules. As if no rules means no game.
That's a joke. Julian hates free speech. One reason the left winger hates Elon Musk. He claims, don't talk politics, but he's always free to bash Elon and push his left wing agenda.

The KISSFAQ is the Vinnie Hate site. JG hates Vinnie and trashes him. He's the one who mocked Vinnie and the dead dogs tupperware.

JG has kicked out pretty much every Vinnie supporter and he allows all the trash to slime Vinnie constantly. Total anti-Vinnie psychotics are allowed to slander Vinnie on a daily basis.

Even a good poster like ZachAttack was kicked off the FAQ not long ago because he dared challenge Jabba Gill.
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

doublev2 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:34 am Way you hating on me personally and telling me I am.a lair . Its ok to disagree but to call me a liar really should be moderated . Its not cool.
I was there and a super fan. I tell you that around 1982 to 1986 it was extremely hard to find info about band members etc ..where do you think the average kid into Rock and metal got info from ? Most were not buying magazines and the Americans metal magazines were basically paid promos so no info on Vinnie or Bruce. Kerrang was better but virtually no way to get that in usa apart from a few pawn stores that carried over sees magazines and I never met any kids who knew what kerrang was in the USA. You had to piece stuff together . And no big kiss conventions in the 80s . Accusing me of being a liar I would ask for you to be banned as unless you can be a little nicer. Agreeing or not agreeing is not an issue but telling me I am a lair is over the line
VVArchives wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:53 am

Why are you bringing up something said almost a month ago?

Why did you falsely claim a week or so ago you would no longer respond to me? Why did you break that promise?

Nobody would be calling you out for posting things that are total bs if you didn't post total bs.

It wasn't that long ago you completely made up Paul declaring bankruptcy in 2004. Where do you come up with this garbage?

You make up stuff about magazines and hard to find stuff about band members? Total fiction. It was easy. VVI was getting stuff in countless magazines each month.

Hit Parade, Circus, Metal, Metal Edge, Cream, Rocks, etc If someone had trouble finding info, they weren't going to a bookstore because VVI was all over the place.

What nonsense are you basing ... most were not buying magazines? You just make stuff up. No foundation in reality!

How about you stop posting until you can post something that has some basis in fact? If you can't do that, don't be shocked you get called out for posting fiction.
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

Read slower.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, good observation. It would seem VVA reads as manically as his words come across.

Read slowly and absorb the information. Think about it for a while before responding.

Again, I can picture you hunched over your keyboard, stabbing out your responses, drool hanging from your chin.

Relax dude. Like, a LOT.

While we are on the subject, Vinnie is the ultimate restrictor, and I am not.

VVA, were you at the DoubleV forum? Guess who ran that?

Guess who gave the keys to Vinnie?

Guess what Vinnie did? Massive restrictions on what you can post (nothing about ex VVI members especially) and swathes of posts deleted.

As a regular user I remember wondering what the hell is going on. That's why we are here. Vinnie got control and restricted it into the ground.

So you have no idea talking about Julien or others, Vinnie was out of control.
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

Genebaby wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:46 am
So you have no idea talking about Julien or others, Vinnie was out of control.
At least it was probably a positive place for Vinnie fans. Unlike a bunch of Vinnie haters smearing him constantly on this site. Of course all the real fans are gone from here because its just a Vinnie bashing place for the most part. Hardly any true fans are here. They are probably at the Facebook sites and others.

It would be great if fake stuff like wild claims - Paul filed for bankruptcy in 2004 and other things were challenged by someone other than me. It seems like the few who post don't care about accuracy or anything other than trashing Vinnie.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It was far, far, far from a positive place for Vinnie fans, it was a shitty and oppresive place.

Was Nazi Germany a positive place for Jewish people? Think of it like that, it was absolute crap, the worst.

That's why we are here.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

It was fun...then Meredith deleted EVERYTHING!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Case in point, the infamous photo of the crowd banner from Animalize that had a :?: over Bruce's face.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

shramiac wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:26 am It was fun...then Meredith deleted EVERYTHING!
Meredith = Vinnie!! LoL.....

and he was a few other people......
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Actually the Meredith character didn't delete everything.

It was Vinnie using the DoubleV admin account given to him by Dino.

That's why Dino became DoubleV2, he had to give control of his original account with admin priveliges to Vinnie, while continuing to be a moderator until he fell out of favour with Vinnie as he didn't heed his beck and call fast enough.
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

Genebaby wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:17 am
Was Nazi Germany a positive place for Jewish people? Think of it like that, it was absolute crap, the worst.

Wow, comparing VInnie to Nazis. Was Vinnie murdering people? Was Vinnie rounding up people?

I guess some parts of the world haven't learned how offensive and morally wrong it is to use horrible false comparisons!

And its pretty sad Kiss had a Nazi lover in the band.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Vinnie was rounding up and murdering thousands and thousands of innocent posts on the DoubleV message board, AND he was saying anti-semitic things about Gene and Paul using one of his accounts.

So as they say, if the shoe fits.......
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

Well I think that's a stretch. We don't live in the internet. Maybe Vinnie does, but online murder of posts doesn't translate to real life. Granted I post every so often, but I enjoy my real world time.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Vinnie pretty much does live on the internet, and of course I was not equating them as equal, but damn was I pissed when we lost all those posts.

The other stuff, true.
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

pullitt wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:37 pm Well I think that's a stretch. We don't live in the internet. Maybe Vinnie does, but online murder of posts doesn't translate to real life. Granted I post every so often, but I enjoy my real world time.
Thank you for saying that!