Vinnie will be performing at the Kiss Cancer Goodbye live streaming event

News and information from 2018 onwards
aeroflott

Vinnie will be performing at the Kiss Cancer Goodbye live streaming event

Post by aeroflott »

So this is interesting.

Neil Davis posted this on Facebook today:
KISS Cancer Goodby Fundraiser is thrilled to share that our live streaming event will include performances by the Brandon Fields All Star Band, The Talismen and Vinnie Vincent. Event is free to view live on Facebook!!!
Saturday September 10th 8:00 - 11:00 PM EST.

Vinnie will be playing an "acoustic performance" according to the announcement video here.

Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Vinnie will be performing at the Kiss Cancer Goodbye live streaming event

Post by Genebaby »

Well, this souonds more like something up Vinnie's alley, and something he should have started doing right away since Feb 2018. Looking forward to this one, especially as I can watch it!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

Should we start the poll now or leave it for a few days?

:D
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Ha ha, maybe give it a few!

Playing something on acoustic guitar, and hopefully a bit of singing, is all people need to see from Vinnie, as a start at least. He could have bloody done a cool little acoustic show tour, all intimate and amazing, but we know what direction he went on instead.

Maybe this is a change of direction? Or just a small detour on whatever other plans there are.

Interesting that Neil Davis is organising this, and of course it's a great event, Fuck Cancer man, but has he ever responded to the CF fiasco with Vinnie? The lies and deception?

God, with such a basic thing it's gotta be a SURE thing that Vinnie will deliver on this one.
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

Genebaby wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:54 pmGod, with such a basic thing it's gotta be a SURE thing that Vinnie will deliver on this one.
Surely! I guess we'll find out.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Well, I did stupidly believe Vinnie's "show of shows" promise for CF, so I did think THAT was a sure thing, and I was proved sorely wrong, so I won't get my hopes up at all for this, it's entirely possible to go the other way.

Time will tell as always.
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

Cancer sucks! Fuck it!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It sure does! Great if we could make it go away.
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

The inevitable announcement has been made on Facebook today:
Neil Davis wrote:Unfortunately, our dear friend Vinnie Vincent was working on a special performance for the KISS Cancer Goodbye event. But the show he wanted to do ultimately had too many moving parts that could not be worked out by this weekend so he is going to need to postpone his performance until another time. We will miss Vinnie, but you can watch Todd Kerns, the Talismen and many other amazing artists perform via live stream on the FB Group, KISS LIve Auctions and other select FB Pages this Sat. night from 8:00-11:00 pm (est.). The event is free to watch!
How many "moving parts" are there when you've committed to play an "acoustic performance"? What am I missing here? Its you, and a guitar right? No amps. No band. Nothing else.

OK so maybe something didn't work out as you'd planned (I've no idea what that could possibly be), but how does that stop a seasoned guitar player from just grabbing an acoustic guitar and bashing out a couple of tunes or whatever?

Maybe next time eh Vinnie?
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

aeroflott wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:11 pm How many "moving parts" are there when you've committed to play an "acoustic performance"? What am I missing here?
I think "moving parts" is Vinniese for "money".
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Wow. Just speechless. There is nothing this guy can do. Nothing.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

pullitt wrote:
aeroflott wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:11 pm How many "moving parts" are there when you've committed to play an "acoustic performance"? What am I missing here?
I think "moving parts" is Vinniese for "money".
This is for charity. People are putting up money and very decent things to auction, this should not be about money with Vinnie.

Though yes, how many less moving parts could there be, and what could be the "parts" problem?

This is something he could do from his own bedroom. You or I could do this, if anybody gave a crap and would tune in to see us. This is the easiest thing in the world, yet there are "moving parts" that stopped it from happening?

Terrible choice of words.
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

Charity event means there's money to be made and then donated. Vinnie wanted a cut of that charity dough or else.
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

Surely this can't have been about money. I can't believe that. That would be a low blow even for VV.

Ah man.

I asked a question about it on one of the VV Facebook groups. Comment was deleted, and the topic (where this was announced) was closed to further comments.

Same old story. The enablers start to circle the wagons.

I was going to make the point here about this being a charity gig and not a paid performance, but didn't want to stir the pot too much. But the point here is you would think that someone with VV's profile, who has agreed to support this event, to strum a guitar for 20 minutes on a live stream, would do something to honour that commitment he gave regardless?

You aren't headlining Madison Square Gardens, ITS FOR CHARITY. For god's sake man. Just do something else if the thing you wanted to do can't be done. Something. Anything. Tell a story, just say hi, say you'll match all donations made for the next ten minutes, noodle around on your acoustic for 5 minutes. Any professional musician worth their salt would make something happen.

Neil's faith in Vinnie clearly runs deeper than mine would.
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

aeroflott wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:24 pm say you'll match all donations made for the next ten minutes
Ha!
VVDimebagVV

Post by VVDimebagVV »

"Eric Singer was kind enough to donate a drumhead signed by KISS, Bruce Kulick donated a beautiful guitar, Dale Walter is providing an Ace Frehley signed Les Paul out of his personal collection, and Loretta Carr is donating items"

Maybe Vinnie will donate something to be auctioned off?
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

Post by strangeways »

No shock.

I assumed Vinnie was just going to noodle around a bit on the acoustic guitar and not perform any actual songs.

Good for Todd for jumping in like an actual pro.
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me
VLADIMIR

Post by VLADIMIR »

People spend their time complaining & talking shit about Vinnie. Then they are surprised when he doesn't show up.....
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

VLADIMIR wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:11 am When Vinnie doesn't show up, people spend their time complaining & talking shit about Vinnie.....
Fixed that for you.

People call out Vinnie because of his actions. I don't think its the other way round.
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

VLADIMIR wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:11 am People spend their time complaining & talking shit about Vinnie. Then they are surprised when he doesn't show up.....

This is a nothing event anyways. It won't raise jack.

Some people on some boards are acting like this is some huge thing that would raise millions and he's bailing.
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV
VLADIMIR

Post by VLADIMIR »

Luxor wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:36 am
VLADIMIR wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:11 am People spend their time complaining & talking shit about Vinnie. Then they are surprised when he doesn't show up.....

This is a nothing event anyways. It won't raise jack.

Some people on some boards are acting like this is some huge thing that would raise millions and he's bailing.
I watched a bit of the event. I understand why Vinnie bailed. He took the right decision !
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I didn't see any of it, I was only interested because of Vinnie. He put his name to it, it's as easy as pie to do and every little bit helps in the fight for cancer. Those involved put their time and effort into it, other great people donated thier time or donated really cool things.

It was part of the KISS community and Vinnie seems to be distancing himself more and more at each event or non-event. This is not where we want him to be at, but it's where he's heading.
VLADIMIR

Post by VLADIMIR »

Genebaby wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:15 am I didn't see any of it, I was only interested because of Vinnie. He put his name to it, it's as easy as pie to do and every little bit helps in the fight for cancer. Those involved put their time and effort into it, other great people donated thier time or donated really cool things.

It was part of the KISS community and Vinnie seems to be distancing himself more and more at each event or non-event. This is not where we want him to be at, but it's where he's heading.
You say you didn't see any of it. I did.
You have an opinion but didn't watch the event. I did.
Yes, you are right on one point : Vinnie is distancing himself more & more. Ask yourself why......The answer is obvious.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

How was it that bad? And how would Vinnie's performance have been? If what you wasn't great, then what Vinnie did could have been fantastic compared to it all. He could have been in his own environment somewhere, and done his thing, as advertised, his own way, and it would not have been difficult. Only Vinnie makes things difficult.

I don't know the answer as to why Vinnie would want to distance himself from KISS stuff. What else is he going to do? Get on with the Joanie Loves Chachi crowd? Do some JLC conventions?
VLADIMIR

Post by VLADIMIR »

Genebaby wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:56 am How was it that bad? And how would Vinnie's performance have been? If what you wasn't great, then what Vinnie did could have been fantastic compared to it all. He could have been in his own environment somewhere, and done his thing, as advertised, his own way, and it would not have been difficult. Only Vinnie makes things difficult.

I don't know the answer as to why Vinnie would want to distance himself from KISS stuff. What else is he going to do? Get on with the Joanie Loves Chachi crowd? Do some JLC conventions?
The performance of the artists was not bad. It is just that Vinnie would have been nervous there. He doesn't like the spotlights anymore. Didn't you notice that he is very shy when it comes to playing live ?
I also can understand that he is fed up with all the shit comments that are posted everytime he shows up.
If you don't like what he does or how he plays anymore just move on to another artist.
What else is he going to do ? Only Vinnie knows the answer. If he likes conventions & just signing autographs, it doesn't bother me at all. Vinnie is kind to his fans & likes to meet them. Is this a crime ?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Vinnie doesn't like the spotlights? Are you serious? You're making excuses and they aren't valid. Up until CF actually happened he was all bluff and bluster about giving us "the show of shows". We didn't get anything like that, but he did appear on the top of the tank. He didn't play great, it wasn't great overall but he was certainly in the spotilght.

Vinnie could have done his portion of this benefit show from any location, they could have gone live to him from his bedroom where he sang and played some stuff. This is why his cancellation made no sense, there is nothing (known at least) stopping him from doing this except himself.

What else is he going to do? How about doing what he says he is going to do? The previously cancelled performances where people lost money in planning to attend, the non-show of shows at CF and now this event?

Vinnie isn't that kind to his fans, a number had very negative experiences at CF, having their phones smacked out of their hands, almost being thrown out of the venue and the poor guy who got stiffed on his autograph when Vinnie tried to jack the price up, also at CF. So it's not always roses.
VLADIMIR

Post by VLADIMIR »

Genebaby wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:17 am Vinnie doesn't like the spotlights? Are you serious? You're making excuses and they aren't valid. Up until CF actually happened he was all bluff and bluster about giving us "the show of shows". We didn't get anything like that, but he did appear on the top of the tank. He didn't play great, it wasn't great overall but he was certainly in the spotilght.

Vinnie could have done his portion of this benefit show from any location, they could have gone live to him from his bedroom where he sang and played some stuff. This is why his cancellation made no sense, there is nothing (known at least) stopping him from doing this except himself.

What else is he going to do? How about doing what he says he is going to do? The previously cancelled performances where people lost money in planning to attend, the non-show of shows at CF and now this event?

Vinnie isn't that kind to his fans, a number had very negative experiences at CF, having their phones smacked out of their hands, almost being thrown out of the venue and the poor guy who got stiffed on his autograph when Vinnie tried to jack the price up, also at CF. So it's not always roses.
Yes he was on top of the tank. So what ? Did he have the choice ? If Ace had been on top of the tank you would have complained. Do you know what Vinnie is thinking ? Are you in his head ?
I am not making excuses I just try to understand & put myself in his shoes.
Vinnie is 70. Do you really believe that he is gonna start a new career at 70 & tour all around the world ? You expect him to play like when he was in his 30's. You expect to see the man he used to be on stage. It's over as it is over for Paul Stanley. If you can't understand that, IDK what to say.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

There are many examples of 80's rock stars doing so, so much more than Vinnie. Are you in his head? What does that even mean? His intentions tell us what's in his head. He wants to be a big rock star still and put on shows etc. His actions unfortunately don't match his intentions and then fans like you make excuses for him.

I didn't tell him to tell the world he was performing all those cool Vinnie era KISS songs, with a full band, that it was going to be the show of shows. Nobody put a gun to his head to announce the other failed concerts, he does this himself. I don't care what he does except when he doesn't do what he says.

Nobody would be here, or anywhere, complaining about what Vinnie did, be it a small acoustic concert or a bigger full on electric show, if he actually did those things. Do nothing? No problem, but do what you say.

I don't care how old he is, that is zero excuse.

He was on top of the tank cause he chose to be there. I dont care where he was, but either way, being the only one on the stage, the spotlight was on him, on top of the tank or not, so he has no issue with the spotlight, or he would not have gone on by himself like that and be the focus of attention. We all know the 80's Vinnnie loved being the focus of attention, so it seems nothing has changed there. So yeah, his age is no excuse.
VLADIMIR

Post by VLADIMIR »

Genebaby wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:49 am There are many examples of 80's rock stars doing so, so much more than Vinnie. Are you in his head? What does that even mean? His intentions tell us what's in his head. He wants to be a big rock star still and put on shows etc. His actions unfortunately don't match his intentions and then fans like you make excuses for him.

I didn't tell him to tell the world he was performing all those cool Vinnie era KISS songs, with a full band, that it was going to be the show of shows. Nobody put a gun to his head to announce the other failed concerts, he does this himself. I don't care what he does except when he doesn't do what he says.

Nobody would be here, or anywhere, complaining about what Vinnie did, be it a small acoustic concert or a bigger full on electric show, if he actually did those things. Do nothing? No problem, but do what you say.

He was on top of the tank cause he chose to be there. I dont care where he was, but either way, being the only one on the stage, the spotlight was on him, on top of the tank or not, so he has no issue with the spotlight, or he would not have gone on by himself like that and be the focus of attention. We all know the 80's Vinnnie loved being the focus of attention, so it seems nothing has changed there. So yeah, his age is no excuse.
The more I read your comments the more I understand Vinnie. Vinnie never said he wants to be a rock star in the future. He was a rock star.
I suppose you are a rock star & that you know exactly how rock stars minds work. This conversation is sterile, you know everything better than the man himself. I have compassion for the rock stars that I like. I am happy that they are still there. Have a nice day.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I'm no rock star but I do play in my local area. You don't seem to be understanding what the problem is and simply want to give Vinnie a free pass. He could announce a world tour, everyone buys tickets, arranges flights and accommodation, and then it all falls apart because he never rehearsed and got a band together. You would be ok with this, as it has already happened on a small scale, and you would forgive him again.

It's not cool, that's all. It's not call to behave like this. Other musicians don't do this, they are out there playing. Everyone at CF outclassed Vinnie in their performances, everyone, it's a fact only not seen by the blind and sycophantic.
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

Genebaby wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:34 pm Other musicians don't do this, they are out there playing. Everyone at CF outclassed Vinnie in their performances, everyone, it's a fact only not seen by the blind and sycophantic.
All you say can and will be countered. It's a mindset.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, you're right. There are those that will defend anything, literally anything.
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

VLADIMIR wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:07 pm
Genebaby wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:49 am There are many examples of 80's rock stars doing so, so much more than Vinnie. Are you in his head? What does that even mean? His intentions tell us what's in his head. He wants to be a big rock star still and put on shows etc. His actions unfortunately don't match his intentions and then fans like you make excuses for him.

The more I read your comments the more I understand Vinnie. Vinnie never said he wants to be a rock star in the future. He was a rock star.
I suppose you are a rock star & that you know exactly how rock stars minds work. This conversation is sterile, you know everything better than the man himself. I have compassion for the rock stars that I like. I am happy that they are still there. Have a nice day.
Why don't these haters just walk away? Some seem like they belong on Julian's site instead of a Vinnie site.
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV
VLADIMIR

Post by VLADIMIR »

Luxor wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:57 am
VLADIMIR wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:07 pm

Why don't these haters just walk away? Some seem like they belong on Julian's site instead of a Vinnie site.
:D You are correct ! I give up........
beano

Post by beano »

Vladimir……PUTIN

Vinnie should play for mother Russia

Annex Crimea

play good guitar solos for the people of Donbass

They dream of good happy meal

F**k off Vladimir

Kill a commie for mommie

Hey ho lets go
A FOOL AND HIS MONEY ARE SOON PARTED
Safari4ad

Post by Safari4ad »

VVDimebagVV wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:43 am "Eric Singer was kind enough to donate a drumhead signed by KISS, Bruce Kulick donated a beautiful guitar, Dale Walter is providing an Ace Frehley signed Les Paul out of his personal collection, and Loretta Carr is donating items"

Maybe Vinnie will donate something to be auctioned off?
He's trying to charge $350 for a CD. I don't think that "donate" is a word that has much resonance for Vinnie.