Creatures Fest complete videos

News and information from 2018 onwards
tukoztukoz

Creatures Fest complete videos

Post by tukoztukoz »

I’ve been searching for complete vids of VV’s performance, and only found this. Are there any other complete vids that you know of?

[bbvideo] [/bbvideo]
say two sky two say fare
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Creatures Fest complete videos

Post by Genebaby »

I think that may be all there is, there was a technical ban on filming anything so we get what we get, and it's more than enough to show what kind of show it was. I think we have enough.

Maybe more will get released, we'll just have to wait and see.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

Ok.
That video is interesting, VV can still play, but I’m sure it can be much better than that on all levels.
say two sky two say fare
metatron

Post by metatron »

Check the mirror Jackson out
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah, that Jackson is VERY cool. I love it.

Vinnie can play, but so can a billion other kids, and there are billions better than that, that wasn't even Speedball Jamm level actually, having a quick listen to compare. He has really lost abilities.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Genebaby wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:45 pm Yeah, that Jackson is VERY cool. I love it.

Vinnie can play, but so can a billion other kids, and there are billions better than that, that wasn't even Speedball Jamm level actually, having a quick listen to compare. He has really lost abilities.
eg, there are new artists deserving of attention such as
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
MissRaven

Post by MissRaven »

jesus christ, he's 70!!! What do you think, he'll play like in his 30s??? Pull up your head from the a-- and stop whining around everything Vinnie does or doesn't do. You're all like little spoiled kids. Everything Vinnie does/doesn't = wrong for lifetime. Everything others does/doesn't = good/acceptable/forgivable/explainable/believable. OMG grown up your guts, stop being fricking hypocrites and use brain for once in your life.
You fear of fear, that's wise of you Awk!
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

MissRaven wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:56 am jesus christ, he's 70!!! What do you think, he'll play like in his 30s??? Pull up your head from the a-- and stop whining around everything Vinnie does or doesn't do. You're all like little spoiled kids. Everything Vinnie does/doesn't = wrong for lifetime. Everything others does/doesn't = good/acceptable/forgivable/explainable/believable. OMG grown up your guts, stop being fricking hypocrites and use brain for once in your life.
My my, such anger
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

What does his age have anything to do with it, there are no issues, we'll hopefully get there ourselves. What we won't be doing is advertising a full on, amazing show, and showing up solo, while showing those in attendance we don't have the abilities we advertised.

This is not defendable and there is zero excuse to do what he did. We are used to this as long time (long suffering) Vinnie aficionados. I know that, sadly, our guy Vinnie doesn't behave like other "rock stars" from any era, or like a rational human, which is why, hoping against hope I thought he would deliver the goods. He didn't, he pulled a complete Vinnie on us. We got Vinnie rolled, and that's what we get for getting our hopes up.

Again I will say it, maybe you'll hear me this time. If he had advertised the Vinnie solo slopfest there would be NO complaining, he would have delivered. This was not that, how can you not see that? Smiling at the fans who paid to see a show, thinking they all love you is like those idiots who feed the pigeons in the city and get surrounded, thinking all these birds love them and are their friends. No both ways.
richiehaha

Post by richiehaha »

Again I will say it, maybe you'll hear me this time. If he had advertised the Vinnie solo slopfest there would be NO complaining, he would have delivered. This was not that, how can you not see that? Smiling at the fans who paid to see a show, thinking they all love you is like those idiots who feed the pigeons in the city and get surrounded, thinking all these birds love them and are their friends. No both ways.

Those same people feeding the pigeons get shit on....just like the people who attended this event.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Slayer wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:02 am
MissRaven wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:56 am jesus christ, he's 70!!! What do you think, he'll play like in his 30s??? Pull up your head from the a-- and stop whining around everything Vinnie does or doesn't do. You're all like little spoiled kids. Everything Vinnie does/doesn't = wrong for lifetime. Everything others does/doesn't = good/acceptable/forgivable/explainable/believable. OMG grown up your guts, stop being fricking hypocrites and use brain for once in your life.
My my, such anger

LOL
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

Don't you know, once you hit 70 all should be forgiven.
puffin

Post by puffin »

"Vinnie rolled".. I like it.
MissRaven

Post by MissRaven »

Genebaby wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:41 am What does his age have anything to do with it, there are no issues, we'll hopefully get there ourselves. What we won't be doing is advertising a full on, amazing show, and showing up solo, while showing those in attendance we don't have the abilities we advertised.

This is not defendable and there is zero excuse to do what he did. We are used to this as long time (long suffering) Vinnie aficionados. I know that, sadly, our guy Vinnie doesn't behave like other "rock stars" from any era, or like a rational human, which is why, hoping against hope I thought he would deliver the goods. He didn't, he pulled a complete Vinnie on us. We got Vinnie rolled, and that's what we get for getting our hopes up.

You self-righteous freak. :D I know people which knows Vinnie personally and they know him better than you can even imagine. I know people who were on CF, stood in front of the tank and could say. :D
BTW Vinnie advertised nothing, it was all Neil's blabbing, Vinnie only said he's excited or so and nodded to everything Neil blabbed about. Vinnie never made any promises.
And why is Vinnie wrong for smiling at people? He was simply happy, do you even know what this word means? (I doubt so, you're bitter as black coffee, no sugar no milk)
Where did you found that he's thinking everyone loves him, do you happen to see into his head, are you some kind of occlumencer, Voldemort or Snape maybe? I would say "objection speculation" ;)
And what's your problem with that he's not like the others? Why is being different than others still an issue, especially in the world where every spoiled undisciplined kid is signed with ADHD without full checking? In a world where you can have gender as you wish no matter what biological sex you have? I'm happy Vinnie is not like the others, for example like Paulie Crybaby Synctanley who: didn't bother to say his own sister their dad passed away and she found out on internet, but everyone had to know he had covid twice, his poooor omicron face, he cried over Elon Musk buying Twitter, but he didn't move finger to help Ukraine, it's all okay... but Vinnie is in wrong for being Vinnie? :DDDD
Vinnie even doesn't have social media, he doesn't need to exhibit every fart he does. I'm apologizing on Vinnie's behalf to never meet your expectations, but, yeah that's reality, you should know so far in your age, that people will never fill your expectations, deal with it. :D You can go cry to Amber Heard that Earth doesn't turn the way you want, I just hope your dog didn't step on a bee. :DDD
MissRaven

Post by MissRaven »

oh yeah and where can I find how to delete an account from this site? I don't want to be between still unsatisfied complaining oldies who can't cope with reality, I'm deeply disgusted by ya
metatron

Post by metatron »

MissRaven wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:40 pm oh yeah and where can I find how to delete an account from this site? I don't want to be between still unsatisfied complaining oldies who can't cope with reality, I'm deeply disgusted by ya
That sounds like VV.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

MissRaven wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:40 pm oh yeah and where can I find how to delete an account from this site? I don't want to be between still unsatisfied complaining oldies who can't cope with reality, I'm deeply disgusted by ya
Don't let the door hit ya, where the good Lord split ya!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
MissRaven

Post by MissRaven »

metatron wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:03 pm
That sounds like VV.
I didn't ask you for that, I asked where I can delete my account.

But I am honored by your think that I sound like VV. <3
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

MissRaven wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:25 pm BTW Vinnie advertised nothing, it was all Neil's blabbing, Vinnie only said he's excited or so and nodded to everything Neil blabbed about. Vinnie never made any promises.
Then its even worse. He was complicit in the fraud. You telling me he sat there and allowed "Neil to lie" for months about exactly what Vinnie was supposed to be delivering at Creatures Fest? Vinnie was the main draw. He put his name to the event. This was his big moment. What you're saying is he allowed this phony story of Rio Set/CON/LIU or whatever the hell it was supposed to be (it changed twice I think) to perpetuate for all that time, allowing HIS FANS to buy tickets on the basis that he would deliver. And look at what they got.

"Vinnie never made any promises". It was his event FFS. Vinnie never made any promises, because deep down he doubted his ability to deliver. Its that simple.

As Genebaby says, there was an expectation (doesn't matter who set that expectation) that wasn't met. It wasn't even close. THAT is what the complaints on here are about.

But what it does demonstrate and prove without any shadow of a doubt to me at least, is that Vinnie is not capable of delivering a song, or a solo to a song. Whether the issue is physical or mental, I don't know, but he can't do it on a stage anymore. Even being one third of the holy trinity, we didn't even see a tiny lick, or trill from Vinnie during the songs played. He did literally nothing. Nothing.

And no I wasn't there. But I can tell you I would be seething if I'd paid money to see the triumphant return of VV based on what I see and hear about Creatures Fest. And as a fan, I'm glad I have this forum to express my opinion. This is not Vinnie bashing (I don't want to be bashing the guy because I love his music and have some admiration for him as a songwriter), this is a reaction to his actions over the weekend.

Let's assume Bruce and Ace weren't able to attend, can you even imagine what would have transpired?

This "You guys are just bashing Vinnie" line doesn't wash any more. Take a step back. The "bashing" is a result of yet another farce delivered by the man himself. Nothing more.
metatron

Post by metatron »

aeroflott wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:47 am
MissRaven wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:25 pm BTW Vinnie advertised nothing, it was all Neil's blabbing, Vinnie only said he's excited or so and nodded to everything Neil blabbed about. Vinnie never made any promises.
Then its even worse. He was complicit in the fraud. You telling me he sat there and allowed "Neil to lie" for months about exactly what Vinnie was supposed to be delivering at Creatures Fest? Vinnie was the main draw. He put his name to the event. This was his big moment. What you're saying is he allowed this phony story of Rio Set/CON/LIU or whatever the hell it was supposed to be (it changed twice I think) to perpetuate for all that time, allowing HIS FANS to buy tickets on the basis that he would deliver. And look at what they got.

"Vinnie never made any promises". It was his event FFS. Vinnie never made any promises, because deep down he doubted his ability to deliver. Its that simple.

As Genebaby says, there was an expectation (doesn't matter who set that expectation) that wasn't met. It wasn't even close. THAT is what the complaints on here are about.

But what it does demonstrate and prove without any shadow of a doubt to me at least, is that Vinnie is not capable of delivering a song, or a solo to a song. Whether the issue is physical or mental, I don't know, but he can't do it on a stage anymore. Even being one third of the holy trinity, we didn't even see a tiny lick, or trill from Vinnie during the songs played. He did literally nothing. Nothing.

And no I wasn't there. But I can tell you I would be seething if I'd paid money to see the triumphant return of VV based on what I see and hear about Creatures Fest. And as a fan, I'm glad I have this forum to express my opinion. This is not Vinnie bashing (I don't want to be bashing the guy because I love his music and have some admiration for him as a songwriter), this is a reaction to his actions over the weekend.

Let's assume Bruce and Ace weren't able to attend, can you even imagine what would have transpired?

This "You guys are just bashing Vinnie" line doesn't wash any more. Take a step back. The "bashing" is a result of yet another farce delivered by the man himself. Nothing more.
100%
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

MissRaven wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:25 pm
Genebaby wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:41 am What does his age have anything to do with it, there are no issues, we'll hopefully get there ourselves. What we won't be doing is advertising a full on, amazing show, and showing up solo, while showing those in attendance we don't have the abilities we advertised.

You self-righteous freak. :D I know people which knows Vinnie personally and they know him better than you can even imagine. I know people who were on CF, stood in front of the tank and could say. :D
BTW Vinnie advertised nothing, it was all Neil's blabbing, Vinnie only said he's excited or so and nodded to everything Neil blabbed about. Vinnie never made any promises.
And why is Vinnie wrong for smiling at people? He was simply happy, do you even know what this word means? (I doubt so, you're bitter as black coffee, no sugar no milk)
Where did you found that he's thinking everyone loves him, do you happen to see into his head, are you some kind of occlumencer, Voldemort or Snape maybe? I would say "objection speculation" ;)
And what's your problem with that he's not like the others? Why is being different than others still an issue, especially in the world where every spoiled undisciplined kid is signed with ADHD without full checking? In a world where you can have gender as you wish no matter what biological sex you have? I'm happy Vinnie is not like the others, for example like Paulie Crybaby Synctanley who: didn't bother to say his own sister their dad passed away and she found out on internet, but everyone had to know he had covid twice, his poooor omicron face, he cried over Elon Musk buying Twitter, but he didn't move finger to help Ukraine, it's all okay... but Vinnie is in wrong for being Vinnie? :DDDD
Vinnie even doesn't have social media, he doesn't need to exhibit every fart he does. I'm apologizing on Vinnie's behalf to never meet your expectations, but, yeah that's reality, you should know so far in your age, that people will never fill your expectations, deal with it. :D You can go cry to Amber Heard that Earth doesn't turn the way you want, I just hope your dog didn't step on a bee. :DDD

Excellent post! +1

Its funny how some of these people acted like Vinnie, Neil and others lied. And that Vinnie didn't have stage fright or anything else.

They lie and claim Vinnie never played full songs at SIR and he didn't sound great. You name it. They were never three, yet, they spew BS about what they "claim".

And they know what's in Vinnie's head. Traci Gunns had a panic attack and played in a toilet off stage recently. But sure, nothing could ever happen to Vinnie.

There's so many wannabe psychiatrists and know it alls around here, its quit amazing.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

You're making excuses and defending the undefendable, which has happened before with Vinnie, sadly.
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

VVArchives wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:38 am
Its funny how some of these people acted like Vinnie, Neil and others lied. And that Vinnie didn't have stage fright or anything else.

They lie and claim Vinnie never played full songs at SIR and he didn't sound great. You name it. They were never three, yet, they spew BS about what they "claim".

And they know what's in Vinnie's head. Traci Gunns had a panic attack and played in a toilet off stage recently. But sure, nothing could ever happen to Vinnie.

There's so many wannabe psychiatrists and know it alls around here, its quit amazing.
You're rambling now and going off-topic in some vague attempt to defend what went down. We are talking specifically about Vinnie's "performance" at Creatures Fest in this thread, not Traci Gunns, or the previous SIR gigs. The fact remains that Vinnie didn't play full songs. He did not "solo" on any of them. He let Bruce and Ace take centre stage when it came to anything more than playing along with chords. His excuse (as confirmed by Bruce) was he "wanted them to shine". There was zero flair, zero soloing from Vinnie. Nothing.

There was no soloing, other than the mess he was playing when stood atop the tank when people walked into the room. Even as a spotlight showcase of shredding, it was beyond awful. (For god's sake, I love the guy's playing, but try as I might, I cannot see anything in what he played that put a smile on my face. There are zero redeeming parts of that "shred"). Have you actually watched the video at the top of this thread? Try to find something in that mess that could be regarded as VV being technically proficient or impressive in any way. Watch the breakdown of Cold Gin, he literally stops playing.

A lead guitarist, especially a virtuoso like Vinnie, should have been fighting with those guys to grab the chance to showcase himself and properly share the more technical work (hell, any competent guitarist should be able to pull off solos in I Love It Loud, Deuce, Lick it Up and Cold Gin), especially as he's been out of the spotlight for so long. Vinnie didn't do that, he shied away from it all. And the reasons are irrelevant, but the fact remains that fans were expecting something that they didn't get, regardless of who made those promises.

Someone lied or exaggerated about what to expect at Creatures Fest. Or someone didn't deliver what they should have. Or maybe a combination of the two. Either way, the expectation that most people had was not delivered. And where have we seen that before? Boxset anyone?

"Give the guy a break, you guys don't know anything". Really? How many more "breaks" can he get? Complete Rio performance, songs from COTN and LIU - none of this happened. None of it. And what was delivered? Backing tracks and heavy lifting done by Bruce and Ace. Its beyond me how anyone of sane mind can continue to defend what went down at Creatures Fest regarding Vinnie's performance.

I've been prepared to give VV the benefit of the doubt after Atlanta, but since then, everything I've seen - Gene's Vault session, the Kiss Kruise performance and now Creatures Fest - tells me that Vinnie can't (for whatever reason) perform. It's not even funny anymore.

This goes beyond kicking Vinnie's ass for the sake of it - it is now a statement of fact.
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

I also want to say that I wish Vinnie well. His legacy is immense and much overlooked because of the nonsense that has gone down since VVI disbanded. I remain a huge advocate of his early work with Kiss and VVI, and that will never go away.

But trying to revisit that legacy and charging fans in the here and now for watered down, overpriced products and performances that either don't happen or are delivered shambolically on the backs of others (Creatures Fest), doesn't sit comfortably with many fans and does nothing to cement or build on his glory days. It is right that these things are called out.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

100%. Both Vinnie and Neil lied, together, for whatever reason, for months. We know Vinnie was complicit as he was invested in those lies and delivered the opposite in regards to performance. We haven't heard from Neil (strangely) but we did hear from one of his organisers that they had at least a week of knowledge about what Vinnie was planning. During the next week the lies about an amazing performance and the "show of shows" (Vinnie's actual words, mimicking the old tag line for a KISS show) were continued. No warnings were given.

Now, was this a surprise to Neil and the fellow organisers and they crapped their pants when the realised who they were in bed with and had trusted, and they decided to keep it quiet? Was Neil in the dark until then? Had he been Vinnie rolled until then? Was those pictures he posted of the Vinnie Vincent Band rehearsing, and him hearing Rock and Roll Hell just Vinnie in the room with a boom box playing an old demo or rehearsal tape?

It would be good to know, as there were lies for months, Vinnie was smack dab in the centre of them. It's fact and no amount of misdirection is going to change that.

People deserve to get what was advertised, what made them buy a ticket. The Vinnie Vincent solo slopfest would have been a satisfactory name for the weekend, it most certainly was not a Creatures Fest, was it?

Why did Vinnie do this? Why does Vinnie do a lot of things? It's part and parcel of being a fan of his earlier work, trying to see if he can be like other performers we like, and get his shit together in a realistic way.

We know that Vinnie could completely show up with an acoustic and blow us away with playing some songs, with him singing. If Robert shows up, even better! But no, we get fed lies about Creatures, Rio, Lick It Up and get what nobody asked for. Something worse than Speedball Jamm, which I didn't think was possible before.

People would have bought the same amount of tickets for the Vinnie acoustic show, it would have been just as exciting to see that, and for Vinnie to deliver on that would have been possible.

Of course, it's entirely possible that Vinnie could do the big Rio/Creatures/Lick It Up setlist, with a band etc. It was believable and that's why people bought their ticket. Only Vinnie is stopping Vinnie from achieving greatness again, and I can't work out why. I don't think he can do that again, he's done.

Where is Neil Davis. He needs to answer some questions.
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

aeroflott wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:10 pm The fact remains that Vinnie didn't play full songs. He did not "solo" on any of them.
He did a long solo on I Love It Loud. Or do you mean something else?
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

He messed up way before vvi finished .

I was a huge Vinnie fan from about 1984 and all I read ot heard about him from 84 to 88 was Vinnie is not trust worthy. The list is long .
Vinnie himself In 1987 interview said his behalf in kiss wasn't good.

Also it's hard to know how this is but in middle school Vinnie was the brunt of a lot of jokes in 1986 and took a lot of nerve to stand up for his music and by time all systems go came out not many people took note.of it. There wasn't that huge kiss fallowing they have not back then and love kills and that time of year got extremely limited mtv play (they did play it a little more after Slaughter broke weirdly but only on the ball). But I stood up.for him all through the 80s but now I could never. This is ridiculous now

aeroflott wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:27 pm I also want to say that I wish Vinnie well. His legacy is immense and much overlooked because of the nonsense that has gone down since VVI disbanded. I remain a huge advocate of his early work with Kiss and VVI, and that will never go away.

But trying to revisit that legacy and charging fans in the here and now for watered down, overpriced products and performances that either don't happen or are delivered shambolically on the backs of others (Creatures Fest), doesn't sit comfortably with many fans and does nothing to cement or build on his glory days. It is right that these things are called out.
Bye Bye
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

doublev2 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:32 am He messed up way before vvi finished .

I was a huge Vinnie fan from about 1984 and all I read ot heard about him from 84 to 88 was Vinnie is not trust worthy. The list is long .
Vinnie himself In 1987 interview said his behalf in kiss wasn't good.

Also it's hard to know how this is but in middle school Vinnie was the brunt of a lot of jokes in 1986 and took a lot of nerve to stand up for his music and by time all systems go came out not many people took note.of it. There wasn't that huge kiss fallowing they have not back then and love kills and that time of year got extremely limited mtv play (they did play it a little more after Slaughter broke weirdly but only on the ball). But I stood up.for him all through the 80s but now I could never.

Is that why most of what you claim in this post is a total lie? Nothing in what you are claiming is remotely true at all.

If you hate Vinnie, there's there door! Leave! Go spew your hate somewhere else and also your fiction!
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

pullitt wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:44 pm
aeroflott wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:10 pm The fact remains that Vinnie didn't play full songs. He did not "solo" on any of them.

That guy seems to not care much about reality.
metatron

Post by metatron »

VVArchives wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:55 am

That guy seems to not care much about reality.
As I recall, 'I love it loud' has a solo, but it is very short.

That noodling VV did for I love loud is far from a solo.
Flashbacks of Speed Ball Jam. (more like Jam that crap where the sun don't shine)
Just noise.
No Structure. No composition, Just noise. For all that those who put down the first VV ablum and ASG. There was well structured multilayered composed solos. IMO, they were great.
What VV did on creatures feast is the opposite of that. That was just guitar diarrhea. Thing with diarrhea is once you pass that sloppy shit, you feel better. And everyone knows you can not polish a turd, especially a sloppy one.
metatron

Post by metatron »

And to boot, VV did not want any filming.
OK, all well & good, but let people know in advance instead of having some half ass mall cops smacking cameras out of peoples hands.
And with the the NO FILMING rule, at least get some PRO SHOT VIDEO that any porn director could have taken - to at least document the return of the messiah and him blowing his load/money shot.
For a reasonable amount of money, people would have purchased a, e.g. downloadable copy of the event.
Yer Ok, one can argue that it would be privated.
What's better as a historical document. That video that poor person took, like some person smuggling holocaust victims during the NAZI campaign or a great PRO SHOT video documenting the event.
VV seems to always fall short of the producing the money shot.
Admitting the Solo in ILIL was decent. The outro solo in ILIL was good too, even if VV used it as an extension of his Speed ball jamming manifesto. Would have been nice to have it well documented.
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

No that's exactly what I meant. It was a 2 minute puke. Basically more of the mess he was doing when people walked into the room.

I'm not sure quite how anyone could class whatever Vinnie was trying to do on I Love It Loud as a "solo" in keeping with the spirit of the original song.
metatron wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:23 pmAnd with the the NO FILMING rule
Neil at some point before the event in one of his hype videos made it absolutely clear that filing would be allowed.
VVArchives wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:55 amThat guy seems to not care much about reality.
I assume that comment is directed at me. Hey, none of this is of any particular consequence to me. All I'm doing is commenting on what I see before me in the videos of his performance, vs what expectation I had of Creatures Fest; and trying to be as objective as I can.

If Vinnie's performance had been spectacular, I'd be the first one here singing his praises. I am a fan of his former work. I am a Vinnie fan to this day. I still enjoy his music both in Kiss and VVI. But I'm not going to blindly defend him out of some weird sense of loyalty.

Creatures was a shitshow in my opinion, terms of his performance - the promise didn't match what was delivered by Vinnie Vincent. The two simply don't marry up. There is nothing to defend. Creatures Fest was Vinnie's event (Let's face it, he was the ONLY person at that event who had any sort of input to the Creatures era). He put his name to it, so in my view, the buck stops with him in terms of negative observations about what he did.

I'm sorry you don't agree. But at least we have a place here where we can discuss and debate.
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

I don't know, you guys. I kinda liked the noodling thing over a steady beat of I Love It Loud.
To me the problem's not the noodling, it's the lack of promised band performance. Noodling was neat. I like noodles.
Also Bruce did the exact same thing in War Machine. I liked his noodling too.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I would say what Bruce did on War Machine was an off the cuff bit as he was only told by Vinnie just before the show that Vinnie was not doing any solos on War Machine and Bruce had to do extra stuff he hadn't planned on. So what Bruce gave us there was a product of being told an hour before. What Vinnie gave us was months of planning and preparation, sadly.
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

Genebaby wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:03 pm I would say what Bruce did on War Machine was an off the cuff bit as he was only told by Vinnie just before the show that Vinnie was not doing any solos on War Machine and Bruce had to do extra stuff he hadn't planned on. So what Bruce gave us there was a product of being told an hour before. What Vinnie gave us was months of planning and preparation, sadly.
Bruce should play like that more often, it was great, had wildness to it that his prepared solos lack.