Creatrures Fest - great recap

News and information from 2018 onwards
Luxor

Creatrures Fest - great recap

Post by Luxor »

KISS NATION PODAST

Nice to hear and honest, positive review of the show from 1 who was there.
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Creatrures Fest - great recap

Post by Genebaby »

Jay is an organiser of CF. Vinnie's set was amazing? We are not blind sheeple. He grabbed it and wouldn't let go? If this was one of the private parties we would have to take his word for it, like before. We have the video and it was, sadly, awful. Sorry Jay, you can't lie your way out of Vinnie's performance like Vinnie did prior.

It's seriously like Jay wasn't there and is spouting what someone else told him, like a zealot.

It actually sounds like Jay knew that Vinnie had no band prior to the weekend, but there was no statement made so people could get refunds. This is actually bad, for Neil and for the CF event, keeping up the lies about Vinnie's "show of shows" performance.

Though what did he say about Carobi? He's a professional that puts everything into his performance. Is Vinnie a professional, was Vinnie giving us everything in that performance? No, it was a hastily put together, off the cuff slop fest that was a slap in the face to those who bought tickets to a proper performance, as advertised.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

How would people get refunds? Did you even read the refund policy? That would not have gotten you a refund.

I mean look at TM. I got an email from them yesterday. Even now, if a promoter moves the date and other things. That doesn't guarantee you a refund.

Our Comprehensive Refund Policy
If an event is canceled, you'll receive a full refund (including fees and taxes). We're also working with event organizers to ensure you have options if an event is postponed or rescheduled.

Options if postponed or rescheduled? Working on that?

But I thought it was a great and fair interview. Tip of the hat to Jay, Neil and all those who made CreaturesFest happen.
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Funny the vvi alll systems go tour was very badly attended..where were all the Vinnie fans back then ?
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Luxor wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:59 am How would people get refunds? Did you even read the refund policy? That would not have gotten you a refund.

I mean look at TM. I got an email from them yesterday. Even now, if a promoter moves the date and other things. That doesn't guarantee you a refund.

Our Comprehensive Refund Policy
If an event is canceled, you'll receive a full refund (including fees and taxes). We're also working with event organizers to ensure you have options if an event is postponed or rescheduled.

Options if postponed or rescheduled? Working on that?

But I thought it was a great and fair interview. Tip of the hat to Jay, Neil and all those who made CreaturesFest happen.
When a major part of a show is changed that significantly then it's on the promoters and ticket agency to advise all ticket holders. The most basic option given is a refund as the person may no longer want to go, or there can be a partial refund or something else. This is where they would be working with event organizers to ensure you have options.

This happened to me at Download 2019 in Sydney. Ozzy as headliner was a major draw for me, hadn't seen him in a while, may not see him again. He wasn't able to make it so they emailed us. We can get a full refund or a $45 merchandise voucher. I took the voucher. Judas Priest also extended their set, which was cool, but I would have preferred Ozzy to be there, but I travelled to the event knowing what I was going to get.

This is what is supposed to happen. Transparency. Everyone is on the same page. Knowing that Vinnie was not doing the full band of songs show everyone was expecting was fraudulent, and it was kept up until the time of the event.

Vinnie and the event organisers put us on different pages and that should not have happened. So the people travelling to be there didn't get what they were expecting and that could have easily been fixed but they chose deception.

So it's nice that Jay says those things in the podcast, but it's not reality. He's covering big time, but also slipped up so now we know they knew.
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

Ozzy not showing as a headliner is completely different. People should have gotten refunded.

Vinnie showed up. He shredded. He did some songs with the other guys. It wasn't what Neil said it would be but people got to see Vinnie shredd for the first (public time) since 1988. Granted, he did shredd, do songs etc for the Nashville private events.

3 day tickets were only $175. A bargain. They also witnessed KISStory. I doubt many wish they would have their money back instead of that experience.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

There is no second prize for "showing up". Vinnie didn't shred, he sadly for all of us, made a fool of himself, and the internet by and large is saying this. By not doing anything near what was promised the people attending should have been forewarned so they could make an informed choice. This choice was taken away from them.

People thought it was surreal, but not for good reasons. It was a WTF moment because they couldn't understand what was happening Vs what they were expecting. At all other shows you will get what you expect. That's why you go see KISS, that's why you go to McDonalds, you know what you're gonna get.

It was KISStory, but not for the right reasons. They got to see Vinnie make a fool of himself and be onstage with Ace & Bruce and not play. KISStoric moments, but not great ones.

Asking Jay how the Vinnie thing went down is akin to asking Hitler how the holocaust went down, "Oh, yes, all the jews came to the camp on the trains, they were very excited, you could see they were having a good time. Everyone enjoyed themselves.....".......
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

Post by strangeways »

Luxor wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:46 am
I doubt many wish they would have their money back instead of that experience.
Guess again.
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

I'm sure some would, no doubt there.

I do have to admit though, at $175 for a 3 day gig and you got 2/3 of what Vinnie offered plus all the other bands and KISS members....There's a lot of worse things you could have been subjected too.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

And there is the rub. We were already speculating that the overall abundance of talent at CF would cover up a Vinnie no-show, and now it's covering up a terrible Vinnie show.

Of course there would still be people really pissed and would want money back, our own Strangeways being one, due to the fact that Vinnie was the number one reason they were there, and the fact that Vinnie showed up at all and played some notes is not enough. It's not what they were there to see.

This is made all the worse that we now know that the organisers were aware of what Vinnie was going to do, or lack there-of, and did not update the ticket holders. It's such a big difference to what was advertised that they should have done so. They chose to keep quiet and are complicit in Vinnie's duplcity.
strangeways

Post by strangeways »

Genebaby wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:40 am
Of course there would still be people really pissed and would want money back, our own Strangeways being one, due to the fact that Vinnie was the number one reason they were there, and the fact that Vinnie showed up at all and played some notes is not enough. It's not what they were there to see.

This is made all the worse that we now know that the organizers were aware of what Vinnie was going to do, or lack there-of, and did not update the ticket holders. It's such a big difference to what was advertised that they should have done so. They chose to keep quiet and are complicit in Vinnie's duplicity.
Indeed.
I went all in and got the Holy Trinity ticket package for all 3 nights, flew there, stayed in the event hotel, food, drink etc.
It is obvious to everyone now that Vinnie just doesn’t want to do what Bruce and Ace have done over the years.
He wants to live in his own shell and that is his business.
It becomes our business when we are duped out of money to see him.
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

strangeways wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:30 am

This is made all the worse that we now know that the organizers were aware of what Vinnie was going to do, or lack there-of, and did not update the ticket holders. It's such a big difference to what was advertised that they should have done so. They chose to keep quiet and are complicit in Vinnie's duplicity.
Indeed.
I went all in and got the Holy Trinity ticket package for all 3 nights, flew there, stayed in the event hotel, food, drink etc.
It is obvious to everyone now that Vinnie just doesn’t want to do what Bruce and Ace have done over the years.

$500 for Nashville and you would have been alot better off. And seen all those songs played live
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

Genebaby wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:40 am And there is the rub. We were already speculating that the overall abundance of talent at CF would cover up a Vinnie no-show, and now it's covering up a terrible Vinnie show.

This is made all the worse that we now know that the organisers were aware of what Vinnie was going to do, or lack there-of, and did not update the ticket holders. It's such a big difference to what was advertised that they should have done so. They chose to keep quiet and are complicit in Vinnie's duplcity.
All you are doing is speculating! The organizers had seen him play. The ticket holders saw him shred. Almost all were happy. There's always going to be some complainers. They were chanting his name Vinnie Vinnie Vinnie.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

VVArchives wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:33 am
strangeways wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:30 am

Indeed.

$500 for Nashville and you would have been alot better off. And seen all those songs played live
You are insulting Strangeways, and the other fans at CF, don't you get that? Come and pay $500 for what you already paid for at CF? How do you not see the problem.
teej

Post by teej »

I'm just fucking glad I didn't make the effort.. I was too sick to go to the Nashville car crash and to have flown half the way across the world to pay to see that shit show would not have been cool at all .. really poor
We will make monkies of these monkies

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
richiehaha

Post by richiehaha »

Genebaby, I very much appreciate what you've done over the years with this VV Forum. But when I stop and think about it, how much longer can you keep it going with VV as the focal point? Since I joined a few years ago, interest has waned greatly. Now that the remaining fans know the best that VV has to offer is sub-par, who is going to care anymore? And for how much longer will people even want to discuss it in a forum? I realize there are other topics that are discussed here, but having a forum founded for a person who has basically been a fake seems like something he doesn't deserve. Vinnie could have really done something special this time around - and he failed to deliver AGAIN. Anyone, feel free to disagree with me.
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

strangeways wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:19 am
Luxor wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:46 am
I doubt many wish they would have their money back instead of that experience.
Guess again.
I've seen very few who wish they had not gone. Small minority
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Yeah I thought a Vinnie come back would include music or some sort of good music but signings , cancellations and a half assed couple of performances Is enough to end it for a lot.
I understand if he's lost the urge to play with a band and record music but he goes in interviews saying he is making and recording all this new stuff including staying he made a kiss sounding album etc .. he is saying one thing and doing another. He really could just say he is retired from playing and no one would mind ..but saying a band playing creatures songs and not doing it and playing fast notes with no music or melody is unacceptable and is only recking his career apart from for the fanboys
richiehaha wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:08 am Genebaby, I very much appreciate what you've done over the years with this VV Forum. But when I stop and think about it, how much longer can you keep it going with VV as the focal point? Since I joined a few years ago, interest has waned greatly. Now that the remaining fans know the best that VV has to offer is sub-par, who is going to care anymore? And for how much longer will people even want to discuss it in a forum? I realize there are other topics that are discussed here, but having a forum founded for a person who has basically been a fake seems like something he doesn't deserve. Vinnie could have really done something special this time around - and he failed to deliver AGAIN. Anyone, feel free to disagree with me.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

richiehaha wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:08 am Genebaby, I very much appreciate what you've done over the years with this VV Forum. But when I stop and think about it, how much longer can you keep it going with VV as the focal point? Since I joined a few years ago, interest has waned greatly. Now that the remaining fans know the best that VV has to offer is sub-par, who is going to care anymore? And for how much longer will people even want to discuss it in a forum? I realize there are other topics that are discussed here, but having a forum founded for a person who has basically been a fake seems like something he doesn't deserve. Vinnie could have really done something special this time around - and he failed to deliver AGAIN. Anyone, feel free to disagree with me.
I hear you, though myself and a few others have been on the scene over several forums since the 90's. This forum and those weren't around to raise a ton of traffic, and there have been some VERY quiet times over the last 25 years or so of Vinnie forums, but we prevail. We prevailed when we had NO idea what Vinnie was doing. When we did know what Vinnie was doing and it was crazy stuff like attacking this forum when he took over the last one and killed it. When he decided to, amazingly, come back into public life, with so much hope and promise, only to end his career as the CF fiasco.

Sadly there are many more negatives than positives, but we prevail, let people say their piece and report on what they are thinking, or what has happened to them etc.

There was that time Vinnie was only speaking via strange messages on Youtube, when he tried to garner $500 memberships to his own forum, that was free and not costing him a cent. That's all here, and now the CF debacle is here, and we wait to see what will happen with the "album" we are getting this year. Hopefully it's on CD too, vinyl came back but now it's very hipster and overpriced, without taking into account Vinnie's pricing ways.
strangeways

Post by strangeways »

Genebaby wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:51 pm
I hear you, though myself and a few others have been on the scene over several forums since the 90's. This forum and those weren't around to raise a ton of traffic, and there have been some VERY quiet times over the last 25 years or so of Vinnie forums, but we prevail. We prevailed when we had NO idea what Vinnie was doing. When we did know what Vinnie was doing and it was crazy stuff like attacking this forum when he took over the last one and killed it. When he decided to, amazingly, come back into public life, with so much hope and promise, only to end his career as the CF fiasco.

Sadly there are many more negatives than positives, but we prevail, let people say their piece and report on what they are thinking, or what has happened to them etc.

There was that time Vinnie was only speaking via strange messages on Youtube, when he tried to garner $500 memberships to his own forum, that was free and not costing him a cent. That's all here, and now the CF debacle is here, and we wait to see what will happen with the "album" we are getting this year. Hopefully it's on CD too, vinyl came back but now it's very hipster and overpriced, without taking into account Vinnie's pricing ways.
Great forum.
Always glad to be here.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Thanks strangeways!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Anyone who is a fan of Dave Allen is welcome here! :D
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(