Creatures Fest - WTF

News and information from 2018 onwards
Genebaby
Site Admin

Creatures Fest - WTF

Post by Genebaby »

So, with little information but big promises of "the show of shows" from Vinnie we hoped he would finally pull his finger out and show the world he was still valid and was still a viable musician.

Well, he totally proved that he wasn't, and even as close as days before he was happy to pose with Neil Davis for this video:

We are again told to expect something amazing, and Vinnie himself says it will be the show of shows.

What we got was a total waste of a fully functional Creatures tank with Vinnie playing, not that well, by himself, and to backing tracks, with the addition of Bruce and Ace later, who struggled to play along to what Vinnie was trying to do.

Neil delivered the tank, I'm guessing he paid for it. Vinnie delivered nothing other than an embarrassment of a performance that totally makes no sense.

He has previously cancelled promoted full shows, and now this is the second time he's promised to play full songs with a band but has only shown up and played by himself. Previously it was at one of the ridiculous "private" parties he has hosted, and they took it on the chin. They also seemed to keep up the lie that Vinnie could play like it was the 80's.

There are parts of the Creatures Fest performance that sound like a cat is being strangled. This is not the 80's Vinnie, or the 90's Vinnie. To his credit he did show up, but why bother when you don't have the show of shows you promised, and have no idea what you're going to play, just fumbling around all over the fretboard.

As a fan I'm one of the many disappointed ones, as I figured, if ever Vinnie is doing to get it together, this was the time. It has to be now.

All of our worries that Creatures Fest, beginning as a Vinnie showcase, was watering down Vinnie's importance in favour of being a massive KISS and rock music weekend were valid. Vinnie as a no show, or a shit show would not kill the event as there is so much going on.

Vinnie didn't even headline his Saturday night event!!! At his own Creatures Fest!

Seriously, what is the point anymore Vinnie? How do you do the lies? Can you do it again?
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Creatures Fest - WTF

Post by Genebaby »

Vinnie will do a full electric set with his band, performing songs from that ere (Creatures/Lick It Up)

Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I do wonder what Neil was aware of through all this. Together he and Vinnie promised a lot and majorly under delivered.

Was he kept in the dark, like Polygram when KISS was recording The Elder, or did he know?

If so, when did he know that Vinnie's playing was so off and that he intended to do what he did?

I am a bit suspicious as it was as far back as February that he was telling us that the Vinnie Vincent Band was rehearsing. What's the story there?

What the hell was he hearing?
Attachments
Screenshot_20220529-162150_Facebook.jpg
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Vinnie with his new bandmates.......
Attachments
285023020_3052601925050608_3708282555040583650_n.jpg
285023020_3052601925050608_3708282555040583650_n.jpg (65.82 KiB) Viewed 2679 times
BengalWACO

Post by BengalWACO »

Thank you for posting all those links, etc.

Unfortunately, as in society itself, people aren't held to a standard anymore and bullshit will just go unpunished and glossed over. This shitshow was bound to happen. I am just happy we can come here to voice our disgust. Vinnie obviously doesn't give a shit about us as fans, etc.
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

You know, I thought he shredded great, really exceeded my expectations. There were really fast passages with all of his trademark tricks and then there were slower passages by which you can't really tell if he's any good. Him actually soloing over a backing track was very powerful.

Problem is, it is not what was advertised and promised. Complete bait and switch. And shellfish.

Well, if he ever gets a chance to perform anywhere again maybe now he got it out of his system and won't do the same thing anymore. Maybe maybe...
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

Genebaby wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 1:20 pm So, with little information but big promises of "the show of shows" from Vinnie we hoped he would finally pull his finger out and show the world he was still valid and was still a viable musician.

Well, he totally proved that he wasn't, and even as close as days before he was happy to pose with Neil Davis for this video:

Is it me or is VV hanging onto Neil for dear life there? It's almost like he's drunk, or can't stand up. There's also a lot of swelling around his right hand knuckles, suggesting arthritis.
teej

Post by teej »

It wa pretty car crash but I'm someone who battles with anxiety and maybe that's the best he could manage? He's 70 so cut him a little slack but I will say his phrasing is what I fell in love with and that seems to be totally gone
We will make monkies of these monkies

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
obiwancanubi

Post by obiwancanubi »

Genebaby wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 1:38 pm I do wonder what Neil was aware of through all this. Together he and Vinnie promised a lot and majorly under delivered.

Was he kept in the dark, like Polygram when KISS was recording The Elder, or did he know?

If so, when did he know that Vinnie's playing was so off and that he intended to do what he did?

I am a bit suspicious as it was as far back as February that he was telling us that the Vinnie Vincent Band was rehearsing. What's the story there?

What the hell was he hearing?

I doubt Neil was there. I doubt Vinnie was there.
That is Roger and Steve from out the Facebook pages. Vinnie May have asked them to do it, or I would say Wilkie thought it would make his lord happy to be as deceitful as he. And then the photo was forwarded to Neil to share.

Why would Vinnie need a closed session? He doesn’t belong to any studio where workers and executives wonder.

I honestly feel bad for Neil, he invested a lot of time and money into his event and VV May have ruined in forever
obiwancanubi

Post by obiwancanubi »

Genebaby wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 5:36 pm
This reminds me of being 15 and being in bands. Some kid knows how to play Kickstart My Heart and has some talent… but then decides to improvise his own solo shred not understanding timing, scales and changes.
Vinnie clearly understands music, he may be losing his skill but the knowledge is still there so I baffles me as to what the hell he is trying to accomplish with the 15 minutes of noise he made.
gp16

Post by gp16 »

It is interesting that Ace had said nothing that I can recall about this event. Bruce had recently uploaded a brief note on his excellent website. It was almost as if they doubted what they were getting themselves into would come to fruition. As far as I know, Ace and Bruce have said little since.
If I am not mistaken, Peter has said almost nothing, aside from a note on his website that masks and hand sanitization would be required in his autograph room.

I do not see how Vinne will be able to build off of this. The overwhelming reaction thus far has been poor. I feel badly for the disappointed fans who were expecting more music.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

teej wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 12:04 am It wa pretty car crash but I'm someone who battles with anxiety and maybe that's the best he could manage? He's 70 so cut him a little slack but I will say his phrasing is what I fell in love with and that seems to be totally gone
Sorry man but I don't agree, Vinnie doesn't have anxiety. He's surely got something to explain certain behaviours, but not anxiety.

People with anxiety don't promise their fans the "show of shows" based on Creatures and LIU, with a fully functioning recreation of the Creatures tanks.

Well, the tank was there as promised. Neil provided that. Vinnie was to provide the full electric band using that tank to give us a set of classic songs. It's not anxiety my friend, it's something else.

Look at Randy Rhoads, shy and humble before shows, and a guitar monster during them.

Vinnie used to have something musically, all that's left is the bad stuff that does this to people.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

gp16 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 3:52 am It is interesting that Ace had said nothing that I can recall about this event. Bruce had recently uploaded a brief note on his excellent website. It was almost as if they doubted what they were getting themselves into would come to fruition. As far as I know, Ace and Bruce have said little since.
If I am not mistaken, Peter has said almost nothing, aside from a note on his website that masks and hand sanitization would be required in his autograph room.

I do not see how Vinne will be able to build off of this. The overwhelming reaction thus far has been poor. I feel badly for the disappointed fans who were expecting more music.
It's Ace and Bruce I'd like to hear more from, but they may stay quiet, though reports live from the night say they were not happy but got through it. Probably couldn't wait to get out of there.

Of course the legendary coming together of the KISS guitarists didn't have any soloing on those songs from Vinnie, just Ace and Bruce. No actual jamming.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

obiwancanubi wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 3:37 am
This reminds me of being 15 and being in bands. Some kid knows how to play Kickstart My Heart and has some talent… but then decides to improvise his own solo shred not understanding timing, scales and changes.
Vinnie clearly understands music, he may be losing his skill but the knowledge is still there so I baffles me as to what the hell he is trying to accomplish with the 15 minutes of noise he made.
Yeah, that's a shocker. It is totally not what I was hoping for from this event, it's the exact crap he gave his private party attendees last time as well, in leu of a band performance. He had time before that show and months before this one to prepare, and this is what we got?
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Think my profile comment, taken from Dream Theater's "Barstool Warrior" (Warrior lol), says it all.

Look, it's great he turned up and played but, it is nowhere near what was promised and that is very disappointing. At least his tone wasn't too shabby! Notice he's taken the neck pickup off the guitar too! Also weird he didn't bring the Carvin, considering it is his favourite guitar. I guess you could assume the whole pink motif for using the pink VVV but, since it was a KISS inspired show, one of his Rhoads would have been more apt!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
birnie

Post by birnie »

Did he use one of his decent guitars, or one of those checpo...jackson was it ?

Cant stand the fast 'scales' that have nearly every note repeated 3-4 times before moving to the next note.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

He used what looks like that Jackson VVV that used to have the white tape on it, the one without the sharkfins. I would have thought he'd be using the Carvin.

The playing was not what we expected even if it had been advertised as a solo try-hard shred show.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Can anybody that was there confirm that the whole tank was there? Just realising that I have not seen the treads, and did the turret move, and were there fire effects? I've no doubt it can do these things, but just wondering if any of it happened.
284274715_8217803351578366_3948412493400676541_n.jpg
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

What I don't get is why people are so upset with how Vinnie's playing. It's like being upset by a wolf not doing dog things which it can but choses not to. They're different animals and it's obvious which is which. I liked his shred, but what I didn't like was that he screwed everyone over once again and didn't do no band show with songs. I bet it was exactly the same deal with Carmine and Tony for the Rocketown non-show.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Well, I guess it could have been salvaged a "little" bit if the shred was decent and something recognisable. So yeah, no full band and show of shows coupled with low rent shred = frustration all round.

Wait, sorry, it's cool if you liked what he played, I think it was another finger at the paying fans as what they got was obviously unrehearsed and unplanned. What WAS he doing all this time. He had months to prepare AGAIN.

Carmine reported that no rehearsals took place for the cancelled show he was involved in. Why name well known players, never rehearse and cancel, when they can obviously easily mention that they never rehearsed. It all defies belief, and yet it happened again.

Vinnie is clearly unable or unwilling to play properly with other musicians, but he's not above pretending he's going to!!!
teej

Post by teej »

OK fair enough.. he doesn't have my personal battles but there is clearly something not right with him .. that was just a random spewed out mess of notes that wasn't remotely musical .. where's his head at I wonder
We will make monkies of these monkies

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

Just an observation on the Gold Gin performance with Bruce and Ace that no one has mentioned before:

Notice at the end of the Creatures Fest performance video at 1:05, how VV has stopped playing, and is pointing to Bruce and Ace during the breakdown part of Cold Gin, so he doesn't have to play during that part of the song?

This is the same section of the song that he clearly couldn't play at the Cruise show he did. See here from 16:00 onwards:

All I'm seeing is the mess of the "shred" at the start of his set, and a few pretty basic rhythm chords from the simplest of Kiss Songs - I Love It Loud, War Machine, Deuce and Cold Gin. These are not technically difficult songs for any guitarist to learn. In both these public performances, VV isn't doing any heavy lifting at all. No solo, no walking to the front of the stage. In both cases, you can't make out his guitar at all, his playing is largely hidden behind the other guitar players.

And then there's this. Twenty minutes of nothing.

Are we saying that Vinnie still has it? I really really don't think he has. And perhaps this is the reason why his delivery for Creatures Fest was so low key. Is there any footage from Creatures Fest or otherwise since Atlanta, where he's playing a solo of any sort? Anything at all apart from vague strumming?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Oh I noticed that part and told my friends at work, how Vinnie didn't even do that stuff and just pointed at the other guys.

Isn't there a section where he is "soloing" over I Love It Loud and it's just more unmusical nonsense?
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Only explanation is he was either very drunk, very scared or he is not totally tone death
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

And when he turned up to the gene vault gig late with nothing prepared..that was the dumbed thing he did if he ever wanted to get on the final kiss show and get some respect as a player
Genebaby wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 8:01 am
Yeah, that's a shocker. It is totally not what I was hoping for from this event, it's the exact crap he gave his private party attendees last time as well, in leu of a band performance. He had time before that show and months before this one to prepare, and this is what we got?
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I didn't know that he was supposed to play all of creatures with a band .. wow that's crazy that he switched to what he gave the audience. I wasn't following the promotion of the festival but that's awful. I can't believe he thought he could pass off that awful so called shredding as good. I don't like speedball Jamm but speedball is a million times better than that .

I kind of feel bad that Vinnie thinks he can get away with this . I don't think he has any discipline to practise and most likely on the internet most of the time looking at fan boards like this
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It all started as a Vinnie focused event (look at the name) based on recreating the Creatures Tour in stage and songs with Vinnie's "band".

That changed to playing songs from the Creatures and LIU albums, still cool, and still with Vinnie's "band".

As you can see from that post in Feb, Neil states he heard Rock and Roll Hell, obviously at least through the door, which is entirely possible.

The fans are really believing we are going to finally get a proper, full-on Vinnie performance, his first since 1988.

Then there is this: In an interview with VWMusic prior to the event, founder and promotor Neil Davis had this to say:
“No, I am not afraid that Vinnie won’t show. I’ve had a chance to get to know Vinnie, and listen, I’ve heard every story that you have as well but I wasn’t involved with any of those other things. You know, I get asked this question a lot, and I can say that I’ve done six different things with Vinnie over the last year and a half, and he’s done them all, including he did a private show for me last November. In Nashville, we had a private show, and along with every one of the events, Vinnie showed up exactly as he said he would. Vinnie did everything that he said he’s gonna do, and he was absolutely professional and pleasant about it. Now, I don’t know what went wrong with the other things, and I think in life, there are sides to every story and I’ve heard other versions. People say a story and you know, Vinny doesn’t comment, he keeps his mouth quiet. So I think a lot of times people say it must be all him because he’s keeping his mouth quiet.“

I don’t know, and I can’t comment about anything in the past. What I can say is everything I’ve done with Vinnie has been consistent. Whatever I’ve asked him to do, and whatever he’s agreed to do, he’s done it. And I know he’s excited about this show, I know he’s been rehearsing, and I know he’s been practicing. I know that because he’s told me these things. I know that there will always be haters, and skeptics until he shows the world what he can do. There will be a certain amount of people that just question if he can do it, or if he will even be there. So, you know, this is his opportunity to kind of say, ‘Hey, here I am playing and if you like my music, then great. If you don’t like my music, then great.’ I will tell you, Vinnie has still got it, and Vinnie is a very aggressive guitar player. He takes over a room when he plays. It‘s mind-blowing and unmistakable. He’s not like Ace or Bruce, who are great players too, but he’s a different type of player. If you listen to the Vinnie Vincent Invasion albums, that’s some very powerful playing, and it’s not for everybody. So, Vinnie said to me here recently, ‘I can still do it, you’ve heard it. People may not like it, but by God, I am going to get up there on that damn stage and shred as they remember.'”
I know that because he’s told me these things

So Vinnie told him and he believed him, but did he actually hear Rock and Roll Hell? What COULD Neil have heard that day when what happened at Creatures Fest was so far removed?

It really would be good to hear something from Neil, it's been long enough. Please keep your eyes peeled for something and let us know.

Also, wasn't that private show Vinnie did in November for Neil also the one he promised to have a band and perform songs, and instead he did the same as Creatures Fest, just bad shredding before and while people were coming in? Of course back then the shredding was GREAT and JUST LIKE THE 80's, cause VINNIE STILL HAS IT. If Vinnie still has it you would wonder what he used to have, if you didn't know what he used to be able to do.

Vinnie did show up to that private show, but like Creatures Fest, he did not do what he promised......not even close.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Bruce has written about the weekend on his website and he shared the confusion about performing with Vinnie, that Vinnie wouldn't have a band and that the tracks they had practiced to would be used here. On speaking with Vinnie he found out that Vinnie would not be doing any solos on these songs so Bruce had to fill in some extra parts on War Machine that he had left Vinnie to play.

There is also this:
We had one more song to perform, “Cold Gin”. At least we were able to start that song together with the drum track, and it was tight. Toward the end of the song, sadly Ace’s guitar amp went out, and it sounded like only me and the drum track with Shane’s bass. I didn’t hear Vinnie at that point. Ace gave me a nice shout out saying to the crowd when I was riffing “Bruce Kulick lead guitar”. Moments like that make the chaos and oddness all worth it.
So it seems Vinnie was again miming along when other musicians were on stage, rather than playing with them. Much like the 90s conventions when we found out Vinnie's guitar was basically doing nothing, but he was on stage, and again, the other guitarists took the solos from the guy that previously couldn't stop soloing. Same with the Four By Fate performance.
VLADIMIR

Post by VLADIMIR »

aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

Genebaby wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:14 amSo it seems Vinnie was again miming along when other musicians were on stage, rather than playing with them. Much like the 90s conventions when we found out Vinnie's guitar was basically doing nothing, but he was on stage, and again, the other guitarists took the solos from the guy that previously couldn't stop soloing. Same with the Four By Fate performance.
Its weird isn't it? I'm sure no one would have an issue if Vinnie had come out and said "I don't play any more" or "I can't play anymore", or even "Look, I just don't want to play any more, OK?". There's so much more he could do instead of faking these performances like he has. Whether its a physical thing or a psychological thing - it really doesn't matter, and its his business. He could do anything, positioned as an intimate event:

A deep dive into his tracks with Kiss and VVI (play a track then talk about it in front of an audience)
A good old, tried and trusted Q&A
A book reading (how's that going by the way?), then sell a copy of the book
How to write a song - noodling around with an acoustic sat on a stool with an audience inputting into the process live
Tales from the road - Kiss, Rio shows, Creatures Tour
Tales from the music industry - how it works, who gets paid, auditions, recording albums etc etc

yada yada, the list goes on. AKA Gene's boxset events.

There's year's worth of activity (and profitable too!) right there, without putting yourself through the pain of trying to do something that for whatever reason, you can no longer pull off. i.e. playing live on stage in front of a crowd.

I don't feel like anyone is ridiculing Vinnie's actual inability to perform (which is now as clear as day), they're ridiculing the obvious deception/weirdness of trying to hide it, and charging people money under false pretences.

In my view, Bruce did exactly what I was expecting Vinnie to do, based on the build up and what we were being fed by the promoter of the event. And thank god he was there, because it was probably just about enough to keep the Creatures event's head above water.

And great write up by Bruce BTW. Classy, taking the higher ground. Props to him for not throwing Vinnie under the bus, which by rights, he could have easily done.

Vinnie does still have a marketable mystique about him. He can easily leverage that commercially, without having to pretend to play on stage and without deceiving fans over in the way he has to date. His appearance at Creatures was nothing short of excruciating. In many ways, I felt for him.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Exactly, exactly. I don't care either that Vinnie can't play like he used to, but I take offence that he pretends that he still can and will be playing all these great songs and giving us "the show of shows". Vinnie owns the narrative and he chooses to take the path of deception.

We've been wishing for something good since Atlanta, and a sing-a-long with Vinnie on an acoustic show would be great!! Your ideas are great, but Vinnie chooses to go into fairy land promising things he can't deliver, so its just lies and deception.

People giving Vinnie some kudos for actually just showing up. A participation trophy is what that is. Nobody wins when you can get away with what Vinnie did.
n3p

Post by n3p »

lol damn. Vinnie did (less than) the absolute bare minimum and collected a nice pay day. Clearly doesn't give a shit.

Acapella shredding always sounds awful to me, does he actually think he sounds good?

Feel really disappointed and sad to be writing this, but for some inexplicable reason I had higher expectations!
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

Genebaby wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 7:42 pm Wait, sorry, it's cool if you liked what he played, I think it was another finger at the paying fans as what they got was obviously unrehearsed and unplanned.
I think there's solid two to three minutes of impressive shred in the fifteen that was captured. I liked those two to three minutes. :D
But yeah, if I was there paying to see him, I'd probably get pretty confrontational. I'm surprised the people are still silently taking it. It's like Vinnie's testing their tolerance.
metatron

Post by metatron »

pullitt wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:26 pm
Genebaby wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 7:42 pm Wait, sorry, it's cool if you liked what he played, I think it was another finger at the paying fans as what they got was obviously unrehearsed and unplanned.
I think there's solid two to three minutes of impressive shred in the fifteen that was captured. I liked those two to three minutes. :D
But yeah, if I was there paying to see him, I'd probably get pretty confrontational. I'm surprised the people are still silently taking it. It's like Vinnie's testing their tolerance.
Agreed, for that that two to three minutes, it was impressive, like a sugar rush. You know what happens right after a sugar rush - CRASH!
Thank God the people who paid got their value for money from the other artists.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Kimchee Report

Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah, it was crappy. What we need to know is a statement from Neil. I heard he may have got Covid, but I'm hoping he says something about what went down with the Vinnie performance.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

When it all gets boiled down, there is no defending what Vinnie gave his fans at Creatures Fest. There are no awards for showing up, for being X years old now, so we're lucky we got what we got, etc.

None of that works, as Vinnie could easily have told the world that, as aeroflott noted, he's not interested in recreating his old stuff and playing with a band, he just wants to do a small scale solo thing on an acoustic. That would have been tremendous, and everybody who is annoyed and disappointed at the CF performance is feeling that way because they do want Vinnie to be great, and be on top of his game, whatever that game may be.

But you can't lie about what you're going to give someone. The world doesn't work like that. Imagine if KISS had not delivered on the reunion tour in '96. After talking it up and promising a great show, just like Vinnie did. Did fans show up to the first show and it was just Paul and Gene in badly done KISS make-up playing high above everyone from the cherry pickers? No, it was a full on KISS show, the songs, the pyro, the solo spots. So had it gone Vinnie at CF style the tour would have collapsed and KISS would be a laughing stock. No prizes for Gene and Paul showing up and doing "something" for the price people paid to get in.

In this world you have to deliver, and it goes for everything, or things start to collapse.

Imagine you went to a restaurant, ordered the biggest steak with all the trimmings, cause they said they had that on advertising. Imagine what appeared was a burger patty and some limp lettuce. Would those people who give Vinnnie a pass just for showing up being accepting of that burger patty? After paying for a steak?

The same goes for everything. Order a 65" TV, get a 65" TV, not a 24" PC monitor.

See where I'm going with this? What Vinnie did was not cool. Starting the "show" before the doors are open and the audience is in is not "cool" and "unique", it's stupid, and is just a copy of what he did at the last private party, only much worse as it was more paying fans involved. Nobody wants the movie or band they are seeing to be starting before the doors are open and they are in place. NOBODY wants that. Period.

You can't defend Vinnie's CF performance, it's on the list of indefensible things Vinnie has done in the past.

And this is sad, because it's not what we wanted, not what I wanted, but it's what Vinnie gave us, so it's what he wanted for some strange reason. It's beyond our comprehension why Vinnie does these things but it does make Gene right when he said Vinnie hangs himself as you give him the keys to the kingdom.

Here Vinnie had a chance to show the world something great, and instead he chose to make a fool out of himself. And the people defending it, saying, yeah, Vinnie was up there and it was magical and he was playing so now you can't see he can't play: you are fools. Damn fools.

It is getting tiring waiting for Vinnie to do something great to talk about.
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

Genebaby wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:09 am Starting the "show" before the doors are open and the audience is in is not "cool" and "unique", it's stupid, and is just a copy of what he did at the last private party, only much worse as it was more paying fans involved.
I think it is kinda cool way to start a show, but that's the point - there has to be a show that follows this introductory solo gymnastics, with no less than a dozen songs played by a standard rock quartet.

Good thing it didn't happen in Atlanta 4 years ago or people would get trampled for sure.
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

Post by strangeways »

pullitt wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:07 am I think it is kinda cool way to start a show, but that's the point - there has to be a show that follows this introductory solo gymnastics, with no less than a dozen songs played by a standard rock quartet.
Agreed.
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Vinnie probably thinks showing up is enough. I can't believe he played like that . I just can't believe it ..all in all you would expect him to at least play with a band and not play so badly. I really don't get it .
Some people I guess have no idea what good guitar playing is and maybe that's his target audience..I think his target audience is over 50 year old kiss fans who have no idea about guitar and are just fan boys .
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It seems to be clear that Vinnie is unable to play with a band and nobody involved was able to tell the ticket holders beforehand.

I don't like the playing as people are coming in as I don't want to miss any part of a performance, including an intro like that. Intros are done when everyone is ready, at the stated time. You could do it behind a curtain where I have heard music used to introduce the show. The curtain could have dropped, Vinnie does a bit more, then the band gets on with the show....but no......
metatron

Post by metatron »

Slayer wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:25 am Kimchee Report

That is a true representation of the event. If one is prepared to tolerate that, yer sure go, enjoy.
If you don't mind zero songs being preformed by VV and some noise-sound=art presentation being substituted in it's place, go right ahead.
Thank God here were other artists to pick up the slack and get on with the event.
VV 15-20mins of shread, I can tolerate but then I want some songs. if those songs, like ones from the VV catalog have shredding it it, awesome. But just out and out noise-art and no substance, Na. If he did the 15mins of shread and then played songs, no one would be putting forward their negative reaction to the VV part of the event.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Dannii,
How are you feeling Fratello? Are you home?
Kev
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

This appears to be an accurate representation of what happened.
Vinnie CF.jpg
Vinnie CF.jpg (197.57 KiB) Viewed 2090 times
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Shocking Vinnie didn't bring his own guitar to gene vault and atempt to blow gene away . Really sad to see
aeroflott wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:29 am Just an observation on the Gold Gin performance with Bruce and Ace that no one has mentioned before:

Notice at the end of the Creatures Fest performance video at 1:05, how VV has stopped playing, and is pointing to Bruce and Ace during the breakdown part of Cold Gin, so he doesn't have to play during that part of the song?

This is the same section of the song that he clearly couldn't play at the Cruise show he did. See here from 16:00 onwards:

All I'm seeing is the mess of the "shred" at the start of his set, and a few pretty basic rhythm chords from the simplest of Kiss Songs - I Love It Loud, War Machine, Deuce and Cold Gin. These are not technically difficult songs for any guitarist to learn. In both these public performances, VV isn't doing any heavy lifting at all. No solo, no walking to the front of the stage. In both cases, you can't make out his guitar at all, his playing is largely hidden behind the other guitar players.

And then there's this. Twenty minutes of nothing.

Are we saying that Vinnie still has it? I really really don't think he has. And perhaps this is the reason why his delivery for Creatures Fest was so low key. Is there any footage from Creatures Fest or otherwise since Atlanta, where he's playing a solo of any sort? Anything at all apart from vague strumming?
Bye Bye
metatron

Post by metatron »

Slayer wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:58 am Dannii,
Kev
Hi, alright brother Kevin.
Some nice battle scars to show for it.
(should have seen the other guy - lol)
I'm ok. Nothing some painkillers and time won't fix.
Still, nothing can prepare to having one rib cage torn open.
You think after the first time I'd be already use to it.
Anyway, there are way worse things that happen to one, so I count myself lucky.
Thank you for the kind thoughts.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

metatron wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:20 am
Slayer wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:58 am Dannii,
Kev
Hi, alright brother Kevin.
Some nice battle scars to show for it.
(should have seen the other guy - lol)
I'm ok. Nothing some painkillers and time won't fix.
Still, nothing can one prepared to having one rib cage torn open.
You think after the first time I'd be already use to it.
Anyway, there are way worse things that happen to one, so I count myself lucky.
Thank you for the kind thoughts.

Great news!

I sent you a PM the other day.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Dannii glad to hear the good news and to see you upbeat and posting here
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Good news Dannii. I sent you a few messages
Bye Bye