Check it out!!!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
VLADIMIR

Re: Vinnie shredding video at sound check

Post by VLADIMIR »

Genebaby wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 12:54 pm
VLADIMIR wrote:
Check it out!!!
Some videos are on Youtube, some fans managed to film. Good for us ! First time I see VV Shredd since he came back in 2018. Nice to see him live, he showed up, played, he looks in great shape.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I'm hearing there is no band and he's just playing with himself on the tank.

This was supposed to be the Creatures set list wasn't it?
VLADIMIR

Post by VLADIMIR »

Genebaby wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 1:13 pm I'm hearing there is no band and he's just playing with himself on the tank.

This was supposed to be the Creatures set list wasn't it?
yes he played alone. I just red that Ace & Bruce joined him in the end. No videos posted yet.
Some fans are complaining. I won't, at least I saw him play....
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

Post by strangeways »

That was the strangest thing I have ever seen in my life. It was right out of a Lynch movie.
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Again? Again? We get told Vinnie will be performing classic material, and all that happened was his soundcheck got extended and became the full performance. What gives? Man, if I had travelled a long distance to finally witness Vinnie's first proper live performance since 1988 I would be PISSED!! I'm not counting this so the record still goes back to 1988. He has to form a band and perform songs people care about.

Actually, this could be classified as a performance of Speedball Jamm, but nobody wants to see/hear that, and pay good money for it.

What the hell is going on with Vinnie? This is not going to help his reputation. Mindless shredding is what he's always been accused of, and now there is proof.

What a waste of a tank!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

We've all basically seen the show, those snippets are it, just for longer, save whatever happened with Ace and Bruce.
matwas18

Post by matwas18 »

More footage including Ace and Bruce
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Watching that Youtube clip, now knowing it wasn't just some soundcheck turned intro before the full show, it's just sad. It's Vinnie up there going all Speedball Jamm on an unsuspecting crowd, who are waiting on the real show to start, but slowly and surely realising that it's not going to happen.

Well, Vinnie and the guy with the torch spotting anyone recording. Don't worry Vinnie, we've seen enough. Speedball Jamm is a yawnfest that nobody actually listens to, we just own it cause we do.

Such disappointment.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Wow, that footage with Ace & Bruce, I can't imagine what they were thinking. Playing along to KISS backing tracks? Vinnie didn't play anything meaningful at all, just random soloing and miming along to a backing track. It could have been me up there in a wig and make-up, it wouldn't have been much worse.

Thanks for the footage to everyone that got some. The no filming rule wasn't so bad considering what was happening on stage, so a snippet here or there is enough.

This is truly why Creatures Fest became sooooo much more than Vinnie and the promised re-creation of the Creatures show. This can blow like this but there is so much more that people will still get their money's worth.

When did Neil Davis know Vinnie was going to pull his "playing at his private parties alone" stunt?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I'm still like, wow, how could we be lied to AGAIN!!! He was supposed to have a full band at his last party, but just like this, it was only him and he was playing already as people were going in, so there was no show to start, he just warmed up for soundcheck and kept going, cause it is basically the same thing.

We don't have all the footage, and who really needs it, I'll be able to fall asleep without it's help, but did he play anything recognisable? We see and hear he is playing to a standard, but what VVI or KISS era stuff did he play really good and recognisable? Can he play full, normal songs? The stuff he's been promising people and now hasn't delivered on a bigger world stage than last time?

This kills me. All week, as this has been getting closer I think back to other disappointments, like the cancelled Graceland show, where we were promised a high quality band, Robert was going to be singing. So Robert fell through early, a singer who could do it was announced, but Vinnie didn't like him, but what did that matter, he wasn't doing any rehearsals anyway.

So I thought, maybe because he's been so quiet and not announced anything this time at all about the band, cause I've been wondering, maybe this time he will really give us a big surprise and there will be Robert and some great band, or some other cool singer and a great band. Talk about a let down man.

Look, if I was fairly close I'd have gone and not sure how I would have felt to be witness to that, but gee, being so far away my hopes were high.

Never again Vinnie, never again. It's going to be the hardest it's ever been to be known as a Vinnie Vincent fan. People will go, why? Why are you a fan of this guy, we all think he's a joke. They would be correct.

I'd like to hear from the organisers if they are pleased as punch at the cost of that prop, which I thought might be made of paper mache, and it may as well have been, it was such a total waste. We saw pyro in the tank teaser vids, did it get used?

So much talent at Creatures Fest, but Vinnie is not counted among those.

I'm hearing Ace did not like jamming/miming to the backing tracks. I can only imagine Bruce and Ace couldn't wait to fulfil their obligation and get out of there.
VLADIMIR

Post by VLADIMIR »

Genebaby wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 1:49 pm Wow, that footage with Ace & Bruce, I can't imagine what they were thinking. Playing along to KISS backing tracks? Vinnie didn't play anything meaningful at all, just random soloing and miming along to a backing track. It could have been me up there in a wig and make-up, it wouldn't have been much worse.

Thanks for the footage to everyone that got some. The no filming rule wasn't so bad considering what was happening on stage, so a snippet here or there is enough.

This is truly why Creatures Fest became sooooo much more than Vinnie and the promised re-creation of the Creatures show. This can blow like this but there is so much more that people will still get their money's worth.

When did Neil Davis know Vinnie was going to pull his "playing at his private parties alone" stunt?
VV is almost 70 so I wasn't expecting much. Below is a post I found on facebook of someone who is attending :
Michael Goode
Here’s what happened. Vinnie was shredding alone as everyone was going through the doors to enter. Vinnie was in his KISS makeup. People loved it, cheered, and were led in a “Holy Shit” chant. Next, there was a track of I Love It Loud and some hand picked audience members on stage with Vinnie as a big sing along. Vinnie did play live over the track, and I actually loved what he played over the track, and I wish I Love It Loud could have that guitar in it normally. Next, Vinnie and a band played some songs off of Creatures. Finally Vinnie, Bruce, and Ace played together with some other musicians. There was a bit of trouble with I guess the drum track, but they did get it right on second try and cold gin sounded great. I loved to hear Vinnie shred (and if you don’t like a million notes a minute then I don’t understand listening to a shredder), but that wasn’t all that was played. Unfortunately, though, they had security throughout the crowd and they would shine a light in your camera to stop you from recording. Security had difficulty when people were streaming in, so I think that is why you see some footage from the beginning of Vinnie shredding alone. Anyway, Vinnie sounded really great. Once they worked out the kink the three of them sounded surprisingly good together, and Vinnie seemed to enjoy Bruce’s solo. Vinnie and Ace shook hands, and that was it.
UNQUOTE
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Vinnie's age means nothing, everyone was promised one thing and something completely different was delivered.

The only thing Creatures about this weekend is the tank.
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

Wow. So much to unpick here. If I recall correctly:

1. Neil Davis was explicit in saying "this isn't like those private events. This is a pubic event, and people will be free to film and share it with the world for everyone to see". There's a video out there from a while back where he said this. This constant paranoia that VV has about filming it seems to me, is from a man who has doubts and has insecurities about his ability to play credibly (or at least about how his performances might be perceived by the wider world). And now we know why. This isn't 1984 anymore - can anyone name ANY band/performer who physically stops people from recording on their phones at a show these days? I can't. This shit hasn't happened for years.

2. This was supposed to be a replay of the Creatures set. Then it changed to Vinnie doing songs that he had a hand in from Creatures of The Night and Lick It Up. If you'd bought tickets on the basis of either of these two announcements, that's not what you got clearly. During an interview with Mike Brunn, Neil said "I thought maybe the Creatures Rio idea wasn't quite right, so I suggested Creature and LIU songs instead". I call bullshit on that for reasons that should now be very obvious (and regardless of what changed and who decided to change it, neither happened anyway!).

3. Playing to backing tracks? I mean really? What was everyone thinking? Ace's band could have pulled off the "backing" without breaking a sweat. Much more credible surely?

But we should have known. All these other artists were announced, and the focus in the build up has been more about them, than Vinnie. Again, now we know why. Were they brought in to pad out what was to be a thin performance from VV? Or maybe some sort of back up insurance policy should VV flake out.

And only one night from VV? Why isn't he doing something every night?

This was sold as Vinnie's big comeback. If I'd paid my hard earned to see this, I would be hugely disappointed.

What a complete shambles. My guess is if it wasn't for Ace, Bruce and the other acts showing up and actually playing for real, there'd be a riot at Nashville this weekend.

It's over for Vinnie (not that it ever started).
Next, Vinnie and a band played some songs off of Creatures.
Is there any footage of this? Maybe there's something here where VV redeemed himself?
VikingVVFan

Post by VikingVVFan »

Why am I not surprised?
So this was it. The man is finished after this shitfest.
And there is no way Gene and Paul would allow him to join them on stage for 1 minute after seeing this.
I feel bad for Ace and Bruce getting involved in this mess.
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

VikingVVFan wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:29 pm Why am I not surprised?
So this was it. The man is finished after this shitfest.
And there is no way Gene and Paul would allow him to join them on stage for 1 minute after seeing this.
I feel bad for Ace and Bruce getting involved in this mess.
I have to agree. Can you imagine how Creatures Fest would have played out if Bruce and Ace said "no"? Holy Moly.

VV's low key performance here can only be put down to a few things:

1. This whole thing was a sham.
2. Or he's lazy and just couldn't be bothered. "I'll let Ace, Paul and Peter pick up the slack and take the spotlight off me".
3. Or he's not got the ability to get in a room with three other guys and get a set of songs together, that he co-wrote, into some sort of performable shape in the months he's had to figure this out. Look at what Bruce has managed to pull together at the Kiss Kruises over the years - extensive sets of well performed songs. THAT's how you do something like this. All VV managed to do was piss around to a few backing tracks - (is there a more basic/easier song to play than I Love It Loud?)

I'm genuinely flabbergasted that a former professional and highly skilled guitar player couldn't figure out something better than what was served up for his fans at this event. Its beyond belief.
Last edited by aeroflott on Sun May 29, 2022 6:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BengalWACO

Post by BengalWACO »

Seems like Vinnie can't get along with anyone. Seems like such a nice guy when interviewed, but oh well. I am glad I didn't make the trip now. Obvious he doesn't care about fans.
VLADIMIR

Post by VLADIMIR »

Someone posted this in KISSFAQ, I agree with what he says. Difficult to be Vinnie.
if vinnie doesn't play, they complain....
If vinnie plays only acoustic, they complain....
if vinnie plays but doesn't do a solo, they complain....
if vinnie plays and does solos, they complain....
if vinnie disappears and nobody hears about him, they complain...
Unquote
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

VLADIMIR wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 7:21 pm Someone posted this in KISSFAQ, I agree with what he says. Difficult to be Vinnie.
if vinnie doesn't play, they complain....
If vinnie plays only acoustic, they complain....
if vinnie plays but doesn't do a solo, they complain....
if vinnie plays and does solos, they complain....
if vinnie disappears and nobody hears about him, they complain...
Unquote
I think you're missing the point. No one would be complaining if what was delivered this weekend was anything like what was advertised.

When the public is paying hard earned money in return for a product or event that doesn't deliver, guess what happens?

Remember the boxset?

I might be chewing Vinnie's ear in this thread, but I'd like nothing more than for him to be successful right now. But its just impossible to marry up what I'm seeing with the expectation that he's been putting out there since Atlanta 2018.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Exactly, Vinnie and Neil Davis didn't advertise a try hard shredfest, they advertised a LOT more.

Look at this teaser from back in February.
Screenshot_20220529-162150_Facebook.jpg
Vinnie Vincent BAND rehearsals. This gave people a very different idea of this weekend, which did scale Vinnie's involvement down to be less significant than when first announced.

Being Vinnie Vincent is easy, he's the one making things difficult. It almost defies belief, but some of us know better.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Actually I wonder what those guys in the picture, and I guess Neil Davis, were hearing at this Vinnie Vincent BAND rehearsal.

Did they hear Exciter, Not For The Innocent, Creatures Of The Night, Fits Like A Glove?

Or did Vinnie skip out and leave Speedball Jamm on an endless, mind numbing loop? And did they love it and think it was great?
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

Oh my god this is just awful. Here's Vinnie's full "set".

birnie

Post by birnie »

I didn't mind the Vinnie'esqe solo on War Machine, not too bad at all.
I'm glad he got up and did it.
We've seen a taste of it so that's good too.
So yeah, a lot of good out of it, but definitely not up to the hype.

Someone said he got up and played with a band in places.
Is that cause there was a bass player with him?
Few bits missing...
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

From Creatures Fest Facebook, January 16, 2022 video update, transcribed:
... there's many songs from Vinnie's... from Creatures of The Night album, and, and if we do that we're not even utilizing the great work on the Lick It Up album. So, I've spoken with Vinnie and we've come up with a plan. We're going to pivot and we're gonna create a set with a homage to Creatures Of The Night and Lick It Up. The best of those albums. Songs like "Young And Wasted", "Rock N Roll Hell", "Exciter", "Keep Me Coming". Those are songs that some of us saw on different stops on Creatures Of The Night and Lick It Up tours. So we're going to play a setlist which is really just a focus on those two albums from the songs that they played. On top of that, we're going to do some encores. Who wouldn't want to hear like "On The 8th Day"? Songs that really never got any play. So we're gonna morph it. We're still going to have the tank. The tank will be there fully functional in all its glory. But we're going to make sure we as KISS fans get to hear songs that we haven't even heard played since at least that timeframe, the '83/'84 era.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Vinnie's playing was amateur at best as well. I don't think he planned anything and I don't think he plays much at all. The only thing Vinnie is good at is the shock value of how low he can fall.
Playing along to Spotify when they adversied Vinnie was rehearsing with a real band is ebarrassing. Why only 30 minutes start to finish as well.

If Vinnie hasn't of come back we would at least have thought he was one of the best rock guitarists of the 80a but now he is seen to me as someone who couldn't even.get a gig with slayer or any band at all. He is sloppy and boring with zero feel at all ..it's like he only started playing a few months ago at best
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

To me it was an awful solo.. even as you say it you think it was 'not so bad ' ..that shows how low Vinnie's level has dropped ..once thought of as the best musician Kiss ever had to now 'not so bad' at the highlight of his playing. What a disaster
birnie wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:53 pm I didn't mind the Vinnie'esqe solo on War Machine, not too bad at all.
I'm glad he got up and did it.
We've seen a taste of it so that's good too.
So yeah, a lot of good out of it, but definitely not up to the hype.

Someone said he got up and played with a band in places.
Is that cause there was a bass player with him?
Few bits missing...
Bye Bye
Detroit

Post by Detroit »

Typical V bs again. He cannot be trusted. Same ol shit. Hes makeing promises but can't keep them. Change his mind etc.. G & P knows what they are talking about. They've been right all along. But well, it doesn't really matter for V clearly doesn't have it anymore. His playing is terrible. Sad.
Only the truth can set you free
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Hi Brothers,
It would be interesting to hear from our old friend Rick Schobel. I wonder what he thinks about Creature Fest or if he attended?

Happy Memorial Day Weekend to everyone!

Kev
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Haha I heard from him .
Slayer wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 4:30 am Hi Brothers,
It would be interesting to hear from our old friend Rick Schobel. I wonder what he thinks about Creature Fest or if he attended?

Kev
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

How can you ever trust vv ,? If he says a real gig with a real band at best you will get this garbage . He can't keep going on like this ists absolutely self sabotage
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

The guy who saved kiss can't even play star spangled banner in tune . Most of us thought vv was God in the 80s.. how did he ruin that so easily ?
Bye Bye
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

doublev2 wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 4:47 am Haha I heard from him .

Kev
Hi Dino,
I hope that you and your family are doing well and Happy Memorial Day Weekend. What did Rick have to say about Creatures Fest? Are you in the UK or the USA right now?

Kev
Detroit

Post by Detroit »

doublev2 wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 4:48 am How can you ever trust vv ,? If he says a real gig with a real band at best you will get this garbage . He can't keep going on like this ists absolutely self sabotage
It has been exactly that, self sabotage. All the time. And the same bs continues. Funny, when Neil told us about the upcoming performance (in a video) V was there next to him having his hand over his mouth, didn' say anything but mumbled something like "yeah, yeah". Well, oh yeah then😀
Only the truth can set you free
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Will let Rick say. I can say I agree with him..so you may get the idea .
I'm in Los Angeles. Thanks Kev. Same to you
Slayer wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 4:54 am
doublev2 wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 4:47 am Haha I heard from him .

Kev
Hi Dino,
I hope that you and your family are doing well and Happy Memorial Day Weekend. What did Rick have to say about Creatures Fest? Are you in the UK or the USA right now?

Kev
Bye Bye
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

Ultimate Classic Rock are clearly hoping to keep the doors open for an exclusive interview with Vinnie in the not to distant future.

No other explanation for this:

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/vinnie- ... -together/
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Wow, yes, they are in serious denial. Technical difficulties as the reason there was no band? Jesus wept.

How about the was no band, ever, just lies.

Vinnie could have gone through a bunch of classic VVI solos, like when he mimed from ASG on the instructional video, but real this time. Clearly he wouldn't be able to do it.

So many things he could have done instead of half ass guitar playing that's only embarrassing and ruining his legacy, and of course ripping off those that paid to see a real musical performance.
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

Sorry, I'm absolutely pissed!
For me it's over !
What the hell was that???
I'm mad about this guy....
Never ever again.
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

Kev, Rick is "Tied Up" at the Moment but he likes it That Way ! :shock:
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

So Vixen played after Vinnie, was it in the same room, with the tank removed?

Look at that, a bunch of talented, professional musicians, and a really nice custom cracked mirror Rhoads!!

Wasn't there a thing where people used to think Roxy and Vinnie looked a bit alike? Well, Roxy certainly looks great here, a lot like her 80's self.

Vinnie, not so much, except for all the promos where he promotes his 80's self in the pictures.
VLADIMIR

Post by VLADIMIR »

Will never happen again.
Attachments
283953919_432326208715704_4324180233332693265_n (2).jpg
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Is that you?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

This is also uncool:
Vinnie signing.jpg
It was announced to bring ANYTHING to get signed, bring whatever you want.......and then.....Vinnie did a Vinnie.....
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

Genebaby wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 12:41 pm This is also uncool:
Vinnie signing.jpg
It was announced to bring ANYTHING to get signed, bring whatever you want.......and then.....Vinnie did a Vinnie.....
Imagine being so out of touch with reality, that you make an issue like this ten times worse by refusing to just spend 5 seconds signing their book to solve the problem quickly.

So there's an issue here - someone has the wrong end of the stick, or there's been a miscommunication somewhere along the line. Any normal human being would smile, apologise for the mix up, sign the damned thing and move on with a smile to the next guy in line.

Shitty behaviour.

And all that aside, is he seriously asking for A THOUSAND BUCKS FOR AN AUTOGRAPH. I can't even comprehend why anyone would hand over that sort of money for anyone's autograph, let alone Vinnie Vincent's.

Money, money, money.