Vinnie shredding video at sound check

News and information from 2018 onwards
obiwancanubi

Re: Vinnie shredding video at sound check

Post by obiwancanubi »

Genebaby wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 12:41 pm This is also uncool:

Vinnie signing.jpg

It was announced to bring ANYTHING to get signed, bring whatever you want.......and then.....Vinnie did a Vinnie.....
That is just unbelievable. I have no issue with a celebrity asking fair value for their signature.
If you have a $10 CD and it has a $50 value after signing it then sure that’s fair.
But $2000? He is not Eddie Van Halen, his signature doesn’t hold that value.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, it is super poor form. Super poor.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

More footage of Vinnie! :P

Don't panic! St Sanders does this to everybody!!!!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
birnie

Post by birnie »

I love the "gene sucks" comment in the Tab :D
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

Genebaby wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 1:39 pm Again? Again? We get told Vinnie will be performing classic material, and all that happened was his soundcheck got extended and became the full performance. What gives? Man, if I had travelled a long distance to finally witness Vinnie's first proper live performance since 1988 I would be PISSED!! I'm not counting this so the record still goes back to 1988. He has to form a band and perform songs people care about.

Actually, this could be classified as a performance of Speedball Jamm, but nobody wants to see/hear that, and pay good money for it.

What the hell is going on with Vinnie? This is not going to help his reputation. Mindless shredding is what he's always been accused of, and now there is proof.

What a waste of a tank!
THIS is exactly what I was talking about… why I (and likely others) ditched the forum a few years ago. It’s time I think for Renewed Beginnings.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Facts don't care about your feelings.

We've done the "renewal" thing....nothing changed. Sadly Vinnie didn't deliver what he promised, that is a fact. No one disputes that it's great he turned up and played but once again, Vinnie changed the rules after the game started.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

As deflated as we are, again, this forum is here for the good and the bad, the quiet times and the busy times.

We can handle the truth!!!!
teej

Post by teej »

aeroflott wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:38 pm
VikingVVFan wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:29 pm Why am I not surprised?
So this was it. The man is finished after this shitfest.
And there is no way Gene and Paul would allow him to join them on stage for 1 minute after seeing this.
I feel bad for Ace and Bruce getting involved in this mess.
I have to agree. Can you imagine how Creatures Fest would have played out if Bruce and Ace said "no"? Holy Moly.

VV's low key performance here can only be put down to a few things:

1. This whole thing was a sham.
2. Or he's lazy and just couldn't be bothered. "I'll let Ace, Paul and Peter pick up the slack and take the spotlight off me".
3. Or he's not got the ability to get in a room with three other guys and get a set of songs together, that he co-wrote, into some sort of performable shape in the months he's had to figure this out. Look at what Bruce has managed to pull together at the Kiss Kruises over the years - extensive sets of well performed songs. THAT's how you do something like this. All VV managed to do was piss around to a few backing tracks - (is there a more basic/easier song to play than I Love It Loud?)

I'm genuinely flabbergasted that a former professional and highly skilled guitar player couldn't figure out something better than what was served up for his fans at this event. Its beyond belief.
I gotta agree with all of this .. the more I think about it the more I'm disappointed and its such a shame .. he just doesn't seem to give a flying fuck
We will make monkies of these monkies

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

teej wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:17 am
aeroflott wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:38 pm
VikingVVFan wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:29 pm Why am I not surprised?
So this was it. The man is finished after this shitfest.
And there is no way Gene and Paul would allow him to join them on stage for 1 minute after seeing this.
I feel bad for Ace and Bruce getting involved in this mess.
I have to agree. Can you imagine how Creatures Fest would have played out if Bruce and Ace said "no"? Holy Moly.

VV's low key performance here can only be put down to a few things:

1. This whole thing was a sham.
2. Or he's lazy and just couldn't be bothered. "I'll let Ace, Paul and Peter pick up the slack and take the spotlight off me".
3. Or he's not got the ability to get in a room with three other guys and get a set of songs together, that he co-wrote, into some sort of performable shape in the months he's had to figure this out. Look at what Bruce has managed to pull together at the Kiss Kruises over the years - extensive sets of well performed songs. THAT's how you do something like this. All VV managed to do was piss around to a few backing tracks - (is there a more basic/easier song to play than I Love It Loud?)

I'm genuinely flabbergasted that a former professional and highly skilled guitar player couldn't figure out something better than what was served up for his fans at this event. Its beyond belief.
I gotta agree with all of this .. the more I think about it the more I'm disappointed and its such a shame .. he just doesn't seem to give a flying fuck
Totally agree with you !
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

Post by strangeways »

The drum tracks and vocal tracks that were used were the ones Ace and Bruce were sent to practice to.
They didn’t know there was no actual band until arriving at the fest so they did their best to deal with it all.
This was according to Bruce at a luncheon I was at the next day. It will make the rounds on the internet since others were recording it.
I was standing in front of where Ace played and he didn’t call Vinnie out as much as joked about what was going on which was hysterical.
Bruce was the MVP of the fest.
Attachments
283749739_745685169918838_7558845395807670070_n.jpg
284188350_317880307203691_6835076926657936199_n.jpg
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Being sent those regular KISS tracks to practice to would have been strange, as that's not the usual way, these guys would have needed to get together with Vinnie and his band at least once before they performed, but of course Vinnie didn't have a band. If Vinnie really had a band he also could have sent them a recording of them playing the songs to practice too. IF.

I guess Bruce and Ace figured that Vinnie's band were going to play the tracks exactly the same and then obviously had to deal with what they got on the actual night. I don't think it's the way anybody would want to work, I certainly wouldn't.
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

shramiac wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:23 am More footage of Vinnie! :P

Don't panic! St Sanders does this to everybody!!!!!
So funny!
Still a big fan of the original metal tech vid though.
say two sky two say fare
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

That looks like the Jackson he has covered in white gaffer tape in the pictures just before all systems go photo shoot happened. Maybe late 1987 or very early 1988.
I just can't believe this concert . He treated it like an appearance I guess rather than a gig.

How can he ever promote a real gig ? It's actually now impossible unless he is able to find a chump promoter who will believe he actually will gig and what musicians would sign up to be kicked out before the event .

I don't understand how he can let his career burn Infront of his own eyes like this
strangeways wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:09 am The drum tracks and vocal tracks that were used were the ones Ace and Bruce were sent to practice to.
They didn’t know there was no actual band until arriving at the fest so they did their best to deal with it all.
This was according to Bruce at a luncheon I was at the next day. It will make the rounds on the internet since others were recording it.
I was standing in front of where Ace played and he didn’t call Vinnie out as much as joked about what was going on which was hysterical.
Bruce was the MVP of the fest.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, Vinnie's credibility was stretched so thin it was practically non-existent before, now Neil Davis likely joins the list of "the other guys who had problems with Vinnie, this time it's different, things are fine with me" promoters he was talking about before, and with good reason, this crap has to stop.

Pretending you are from the 80's in all your media and advertising, but showing up as a washed up slop merchant who looks nothing like that image has been taken to the limit.

Vinnie has cried "band" too many times now, I'm not falling for it again, it clearly cannot happen if it didn't happen last weekend.

The only positive thing about this negative thing is that he actually did have the balls to show up and do what he did in the face of all expectation. I certainly wouldn't have shown up after what I promised was not going to happen. But then again, I'm like Bruce, I would be able to promise something I could deliver. I certainly wouldn't have spent months lying about the "show" I was going to put on and then do something crappy like that. Seriously, it can hurt to think about how Vinnie must think.

You can't defend what Vinnie did to his career last weekend, it may have been the final blow.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I think he may be a bit like me. Plans everything believing he can pull it off and then is lazy and doesn't do what he needed to do and then it becomes too late. I do similar sometimes but I'm also don't have the guitar god reputation he used to have
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

We don't really expect too much from you Dino!! LoL....

This is a bit more than that, there were basically lies told the whole way through this. Lies there would be a band, lies that Vinnie was rehearsing/practicing his "show".

What he did up there by himself smacked of him being asked that morning to fill a time slot, an out of the blue request. NOT with months and months of lead time.
BengalWACO

Post by BengalWACO »

RipRokken wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 2:07 pm
Genebaby wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 1:39 pm Again? Again? We get told Vinnie will be performing classic material, and all that happened was his soundcheck got extended and became the full performance. What gives? Man, if I had travelled a long distance to finally witness Vinnie's first proper live performance since 1988 I would be PISSED!! I'm not counting this so the record still goes back to 1988. He has to form a band and perform songs people care about.

Actually, this could be classified as a performance of Speedball Jamm, but nobody wants to see/hear that, and pay good money for it.

What the hell is going on with Vinnie? This is not going to help his reputation. Mindless shredding is what he's always been accused of, and now there is proof.

What a waste of a tank!
THIS is exactly what I was talking about… why I (and likely others) ditched the forum a few years ago. It’s time I think for Renewed Beginnings.
?? Wut?
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I still can't believe he sold Tom's guitar at Genes Vault. I see gene about once a month in a cafe in Bel Air . He now says hi to me and we talked Vinnie once haha. Put it this way not a chance he is on any kiss end of the road show. Also friends with Brian his lawyer who I see most days at the same cafe
Bye Bye
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

RipRokken wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 2:07 pm

What a waste of a tank!
I hear ya. Shame there isn't a real good place for fans of Vinnie to hang out.

Instead its people making excuse after excuse for KISS being able to rip off fans and others constantly. Its Gene and Paul. So what if they lie all the time? So what if they aren't delivering what they are supposed to. Who cares if their concerts are fake? Who cares if they do $1000+ rip off meet N greets. None of that should matter one bit. Because Vinnie supposedly promised (oh wait he didn't). But someone else promised.

And those SIR events. Vinnie never did any real songs. And he didn't sound great there. All that is fake. Vinnie forces all attendees to sign NDA's. And even though most events were open to the public, that doesn't matter. Vinnie actually hypnotized everyone and fed them what to say.

And even though Mike Brunn got the boot over a year ago, he's still lying about what he claims he saw and witnessed. Everyone is lying. Probably none of the SIR events ever happened. They were all made up. Everything when it comes to Vinnie is all made up. He probably wasn't even at CF. That was someone else in his makeup most likely.

The VAnon people are out there with the wildest conspiracies of all.

I even read someone acting like Bruce and Mark carried on after Vinnie saved KISS. Carried on taking them straight to the bottom again. So KISS could have to call back Vinnie during Revenge. Mark and Bruce contributed next to nothing in that band. Probably why so many didn't bother to stick around for Bruce's "headlining" set on Sunday.