Hear 2 Zen Magazine talks with Vinnie Vincent

News and information from 2018 onwards
metatron

Hear 2 Zen Magazine talks with Vinnie Vincent

Post by metatron »

Vinnie Vincent in Australia August 2022.
& $US100K needed to produce new music.
Drum Machines = Sexuality. Human Drummers = Noise.
Attachments
41JxiqW+7bS._AC_SY1000_.jpg
41JxiqW+7bS._AC_SY1000_.jpg (18.59 KiB) Viewed 779 times
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Hear 2 Zen Magazine talks with Vinnie Vincent

Post by Genebaby »

Ah, this is a 2018 interview, for a second there I thought it was April 2022 and he was planning to come here, again. This would be where the old rumour of Vinnie coming to Oz came about, that never happened.

It's also Vinnie saying those terrible things about loving drum machines so much, wow, it's almost painful to hear how much he's gushing (sexually) over a drum machine. Sad and painful.

How are sooooo many small time bands etc recording their stuff without 100k and a record company behind them? If anything what has happened since the 80's and 90's is that being able to record and release your own material has gotten easier and waaaaay better sounding. This should not be what's getting in the way. Where there's a will there's a way, and so far it seems there hasn't been much will.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

Genebaby wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:33 amHow are sooooo many small time bands etc recording their stuff without 100k and a record company behind them? If anything what has happened since the 80's and 90's is that being able to record and release your own material has gotten easier and waaaaay better sounding. This should not be what's getting in the way. Where there's a will there's a way, and so far it seems there hasn't been much will.
This. I mean what's changed is the complete opposite of what he's saying. It's NEVER BEEN EASIER to release quality sounding music these days. Look at Stephen Pearcey and John Corabi - basically releasing high quality music out their back bedrooms for relative peanuts.

"People like me who do what I do.......have to record in a recording studio" - what like thousands of other artists who are able to put music out without $100K in their back pockets?

This is what happens when you live in the past and only put out promotional material with pictures of you that are 20, 30 years old.
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

Genebaby wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:33 am Ah, this is a 2018 interview, for a second there I thought it was April 2022 and he was planning to come here, again. This would be where the old rumour of Vinnie coming to Oz came about, that never happened.

It's also Vinnie saying those terrible things about loving drum machines so much, wow, it's almost painful to hear how much he's gushing (sexually) over a drum machine. Sad and painful.

How are sooooo many small time bands etc recording their stuff without 100k and a record company behind them? If anything what has happened since the 80's and 90's is that being able to record and release your own material has gotten easier and waaaaay better sounding. This should not be what's getting in the way. Where there's a will there's a way, and so far it seems there hasn't been much will.
I agree. I hate drum machines. They will never come close to the greatness of Bobby Rock.
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV