Clarification for poster "Doose": MB / Carmine Vinnie

News and information from 2018 onwards
VVArchives

Clarification for poster "Doose": MB / Carmine Vinnie

Post by VVArchives »

These replies were posted on the KISSFAQ board after a KISSFAQ poster named Doose took my post from here and posted it over there.I was alerted today this was over there so I thought I would respond.  Lets see if Doose shares the response over there.

M Brunn posted:
Vinnie has told me on many cases he was happy with our interviews, so I honestly don’t think that’s him. Long ago I accepted that not everyone would be happy with my work. I’m okay with that. I’ll never make everyone happy (no one can). This guy wanted my Carmine interview to be more about VV. I get that, he is a VV fan. That was never the intended focus of my interview. Oh well, this VV fan is entitled to his opinion. I’ve heard his criticisms before. All good to me.I’ll tell you the biggest reason reading that bothers me is because others paint broad strokes that that type of fan is indicative of all Vinnie fans. Truth is, I’ve experienced the exact opposite. The VV fans I’ve met are actually a bunch of super nice guys and gals who are fans of VV. I have nothing but good memories from my VV experiences.

Doose responds

I think the reason a VV fan like this resonates, though, is because this is the kind of fan Vinnie likes - blindly loyal, attack everyone who doesn't toe the line for Vinnie, attack anyone who Vinnie has a falling out with, etc. I really believe Carmine thought playing with Vinnie would be fun and interesting, and I'm sure it kills Vinnie that Carmine is wealthy, successful, liked, and has actually written hit songs, hit books, etc. (Doose)

My reply to both of them:

MB went and edited what he said 5 time and it still stunk and wasn't the truth. He "claims" Vinnie had no problem with his interviews (in the past).  Nobody said he did. He failed to mention why he got booted off the Euphoria and Legion Facebook forums back in June and guess who made that call?

Notice how he wants everyone to think he is still on "good terms" with Vinnie?  Weren't you wondering why he wasn't at the November event and no interview or anything? He burned his bridges. He burned them when he replied to a Vinnie Vincent Metal Maddness 2021 thread on the same site you posted my post. He was responding to a fan who was saying how much a hand Vinnie had in Revenge, writing solos and other things,

MB basically said Vinnie is a liar and he'd believe Bruce 1000%. Ironic he said that since Bruce lied about playing a solo on Revenge for over 20 years.  He wanted Gene and Paul to say the same lie. You are probably thinking I'm talking about Unholy, but there's another one, "Everytime I Look At You".  It seems neither Ezrin, Gene or Paul were what happy with what Bruce was coming up with for the song.  So after numerous attempts at it, they called in Dick Wagner.

With a 20 year history of lying about ETILAY song/solo, Brunn believes Bruce 1000% He also had the nerve to try and diss me. I'm not a real representative of a Vinnie fan? I'm not the one who used Vinnie and then stabbed him in the back.n I think most Vinnie fans love the first Invasion album and COTN and LIU are in their Top 5 Kiss studio albums.   

MB doesn't like Invasion.  He likes the album without balls and a good singer -ASG.  LIU is only a "top 10" Kiss studio album for him.  And further insult, he l prefers Hell or Hallelujah and Wall of Sound over the greatness of Exciter and Not For The Innocent.   He even prefers Unholy/ Take It Off over "Exciter/ Not For The Innocent"  Unholy is great.  "Take It Off" is pure filler.

Now onto Carmine, maybe the subject of Carmine's interview wasn't the Rockers.  Carmine brought up the Rockers. How hard would it have been to ask 5 or so basic questions I pointed out he didn't do?   He was too scared to call out Carmine and his BS.   Again, why couldn't the Rockers continue and they just dump Vinnie?  Was it because Vinnie was the only substance the Rockers had?  Sure seems like it.

You  "claimed" Carmine was rich?  Any proof?  He sure wants to do cheap things for little money.  Seems like he really needs the money.     You also claimed he wrote hit songs. That's a whopper.  Where are they?  The few Rod Stewart songs with 4-5 listed co-writers?   Including the hit he brags about that was stolen from another artist?  Rod even admitted to it and gave up the royalties. 

When Carmine was bragging about Do Ya Think I'm Sexy, do you think MB called out Carmine?  Of course not. Who is booking Carmine's gigs?  That should prove Carmine doesn't have money or a real agent. Did you catch the portion of the interview where Carmine is trying to throw some crappy interviews already available on youtube on AXS?   AXS is bottom of the barrel. They get no viewers. But if they were going to put back on an interview show with rock stars, don't you think they would bring back Eddie Trunk instead of Carmine's cheaply produced interview show that's been out there

This poorly produced garbage is what Carmine is trying to get AXS to show.

Nobody is watching them now but supposedly, they would watch if they were on AXS. The man is delusional.
VVArchives

Re: Clarification for poster "Doose": MB / Carmine Vinnie

Post by VVArchives »

I also saw a post where you (Doose) "claimed" Vinnie was lazy and it would not have been good had he stayed with KISS for Animalize-HITS

Did you even think about what you were saying? During that time KISS recorded 3 studio albums. Vinnie recorded 3 studio albums.

Vinnie 34 songs by himself : 7 on Invasion/ 12 on ASG / 15 Guitarmageddon

Gene one

Paul one

Vinnie lived in the studio. Vinnie was not lazy at all. Kiss was lazy.

Kiss would have benefited tremendously from Vinnie doing those albums. They would have been far superior to the dreck they put out.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Interesting what's going on around the traps.

How can any VV fan not like the first album? It's so killer.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

I thought it was well known that Wagner played that solo? It's mentioned in an interview with him from May 2012 and he doesn't say anything about Bruce claiming it? I'm sure he'd be a tad cheesed off and would let the interviewer know as much?

https://www.kissfaq.com/forum18/viewtopic.php?t=72714
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
drmoorejr

Post by drmoorejr »

VVArchives wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:39 pm I also saw a post where you (Doose) "claimed" Vinnie was lazy and it would not have been good had he stayed with KISS for Animalize-HITS

Did you even think about what you were saying? During that time KISS recorded 3 studio albums. Vinnie recorded 3 studio albums.

Gene one

Paul one

Kiss would have benefited tremendously from Vinnie doing those albums. They would have been far superior to the dreck they put out.
Good points. after the Chrysalis records Vinnie did a lot considering he had almost no support, and the songs were far better than KISS' at that time. I think If Carmine was asked to "jam" with Vinnie and see if they could work out a deal to perform together Carmine would do it. Why? Because Vinnie has much more unreleased material and was most likely the source of all the songs Carmine had in that "Rockers" group.

Now I think Vinnie should forget KISS after his next Creature event and do something similar to what Santana does with a bunch of different artists.

Also RELEASE "OVER YOU" already!!! Maybe re-record the vocals with another singer.
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

Genebaby wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:46 pm Interesting what's going on around the traps.

How can any VV fan not like the first album? It's so killer.
It's been 35 years since its release and I still love it. It still takes me back when I first popped the cassette in and was blown away.

The songs are really good on "All Systems Go" but I would have loved for Robert to be singing and I would have loved the over the top guitars on it.

Vinnie got it back on track with Guitarmageddon or Guitars From Hell or whatever you want to call it.
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

drmoorejr wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:30 am
VVArchives wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:39 pm I also saw a post where you (Doose) "claimed" Vinnie was lazy and it would not have been good had he stayed with KISS for Animalize-HITS

Gene one

Paul one

Good points. after the Chrysalis records Vinnie did a lot considering he had almost no support, and the songs were far better than KISS' at that time. I think If Carmine was asked to "jam" with Vinnie and see if they could work out a deal to perform together Carmine would do it. Why? Because Vinnie has much more unreleased material and was most likely the source of all the songs Carmine had in that "Rockers" group.

Now I think Vinnie should forget KISS after his next Creature event and do something similar to what Santana does with a bunch of different artists.

Also RELEASE "OVER YOU" already!!! Maybe re-record the vocals with another singer.

Yep and while Vinnie was doing the Chrysalis stuff did the song with the girl from the Bangles "Make A Play For Her Now"

was recording the demos to pitch the songs to others to record.

and then look how quickly he moved on from getting out with Chrysalis in August 1988 to securing a new record deal.

Where did he even find the time to write 15 new songs?

There is one song Vinnie co-wrote with Carmine we've all heard (or should have heard). Drum City Rockers. Of all Vinnie's "known" songs, I would put this one at the bottom.

I would love for their to be a COTN/LIU/UNHOLY Kiss show from Vinnie before he does that and record a live album.

3 Creatures songs / 8-9 LIU songs (depending on who ya ask) / 4 Revenge songs (including the one on Gene's vault).
That would make for a hell of a live album.
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

shramiac wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:11 pm I thought it was well known that Wagner played that solo? It's mentioned in an interview with him from May 2012 and he doesn't say anything about Bruce claiming it? I'm sure he'd be a tad cheesed off and would let the interviewer know as much?

https://www.kissfaq.com/forum18/viewtopic.php?t=72714

Bruce was Mitch's next interview and then Bruce finally admits it (after he knows Dick had).

https://bravewords.com/features/kiss-20 ... on-revenge

Kulick: “When you think about some of the things that he’s produced or the players that he goes to like a Dick Wagner - who I recently admitted is the guy that played the solo on ‘Every Time I Look At You’. I did ask Gene and Paul not to discuss it because I was hurt (even though Dick is one of my heroes).

Dick had already admitted it at least 9 years earlier. It was in "Behind The Mask". I don't know if that was from a Goldmine interview much earlier than the 2003 book.

For him to even go to Gene and Paul and ask them not to talk about it. Unbelievable!

and later in that same interview he trashes Vinnie.
beano

Post by beano »

Wow. This is beyond delusional and wacko. You missed out Asylum. And Smashes, Thrashes….there was two new songs on there.

Hope your knees aren’t sore from all that sucking? Better get some rash cream for the friction burn on your chin too.
A FOOL AND HIS MONEY ARE SOON PARTED
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

beano wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:10 pm Wow. This is beyond delusional and wacko. You missed out Asylum. And Smashes, Thrashes….there was two new songs on there.

Hope your knees aren’t sore from all that sucking? Better get some rash cream for the friction burn on your chin too.

What are you rambling on so incoherently about?

How did I miss out on anything?

Vinnie was doing demos for Animalize (probably far more work than Gene or Paul did).

Then we it came time for the albums after that, Asylum-Hits, which all 3 sucked pretty much Gene has 1 single solitary writing credit on his own during those 3 studio albums.

Paul has 1 single solitary writing credit on his own during that time.

Oh gosh, I left out a compilation album which featured the 2 worst ever Kiss songs released as videos. 2 Desmond Child tracks with some Paul input.

Next time, walk upstairs from your basement room and ask mommy to help you make a coherent argument.

One has to love a troll who has been trolling for 10 years. What a life.
beano

Post by beano »

VVArchives wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:32 am
beano wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:10 pm Wow. This is beyond delusional and wacko. You missed out Asylum. And Smashes, Thrashes….there was two new songs on there.

What are you rambling on so incoherently about?

How did I miss out on anything?

Vinnie was doing demos for Animalize (probably far more work than Gene or Paul did).

Then we it came time for the albums after that, Asylum-Hits, which all 3 sucked pretty much Gene has 1 single solitary writing credit on his own during those 3 studio albums.

Paul has 1 single solitary writing credit on his own during that time.

Oh gosh, I left out a compilation album which featured the 2 worst ever Kiss songs released as videos. 2 Desmond Child tracks with some Paul input.

Next time, walk upstairs from your basement room and ask mommy to help you make a coherent argument.

One has to love a troll who has been trolling for 10 years. What a life.
Congratulations on actually writing a post that didn’t mention Carmine Appice once. Shit, I might even crack open a beer and celebrate.
drmoorejr

Post by drmoorejr »

WOW! Everyone is a fucking tough guy behind their keyboards aren't they. I guess you can consider it a blessing for you, asshole.
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

drmoorejr wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:38 am

WOW! Everyone is a fucking tough guy behind their keyboards aren't they. I guess you can consider it a blessing for you, asshole.

That guy is probably Derek Christopher, Carmine's booking agent.
beano

Post by beano »

VVArchives wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:09 am
drmoorejr wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:38 am

That guy is probably Derek Christopher, Carmine's booking agent.

Wrong! Guess again 8) 8) 8)
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

beano has been around too long to be someone like Carmine's booking agent, that is bizarre anyone would think that. Beano is just beano.

Now please be respectful, it's free you know.
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

Genebaby wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:38 am beano has been around too long to be someone like Carmine's booking agent, that is bizarre anyone would think that. Beano is just beano.

Now please be respectful, it's free you know.
Guess Sarcasm goes over some people's head.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, we know you probably know that, but there is no need to say a few things that have been said in this thread, all over.