Gary Shea remembers Vinnie

News and information from 2018 onwards
Genebaby
Site Admin

Gary Shea remembers Vinnie

Post by Genebaby »

Another of Vinnie's old bandmates was interviewed recently and again, the results are not so great.

It's a bit like going back to see your kids old teachers and one by one they tell you similar things, good or bad. In this case, not so great each time.

https://sleazeroxx.com/bassist-gary-she ... on-things/
Shea was asked about what it was like playing with Vincent to which he replied: “His problem is he can’t make up his mind on things. We’d work on a song and then the next day we would have to change it all around again. Then the third day, that song would be changed again. He would drive everybody crazy, he drove the guys in KISS crazy too. He was a good guy, but he had a lot of nervous energy. He did KISS, and then when he did his own thing he tried to be Yngwie Malmsteen and that was the wrong way to go in my opinion. He’s a great guitarist, and in Warrior he was playing more melodic like Jeff Beck or Mick Jones. All the screaming guitars and high vocals on his solos albums…. I don’t think it was as good as what we were doing.”
Commander in chief - VVF Army
VVArchives

Re: Gary Shea remembers Vinnie

Post by VVArchives »

What's bad this time? That Vinnie is a perfectionist and keeps wanting to make his songs better?

Or one more guy ripping the greatness of the first Invasion album.

And if they didn't want the songs changed, maybe 1 of them could have stepped up and written some songs. But just like Carmine its all whining and not doing any of the work.
shramiac

Re: Gary Shea remembers Vinnie

Post by shramiac »

There is a point where you need to stop and say, "that'll do!" You just can't redoing songs over and over especially in the studio. It's too damn expensive.

Even Yngwie and Satriani have clicks and muffed notes on their albums.

On VVI there is an obvious punch-in at the end of one of the solos (I won't ruin it for anyone else & say where...but it sticks out like dog's balls to me), so trying to redo everything to perfection can also make things worse.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(