Carmine has nothing going on so its Talk About Vinnie more

News and information from 2018 onwards
VVArchives

Carmine has nothing going on so its Talk About Vinnie more

Post by VVArchives »

You've gotta feel bad for Carmine. He can't even get his Blue Murder gigs going he wanted to do. Which is odd since the first album only sold 150K or so. And that's what Carmine said. Total flop. But Carmine wants to go tour dates for that. And Carmine is bragging about appearing at the joke of a convention "Rock & Pod". Wow, Carmine. You are big time! Rock & Pod! Did you have a booth next to Julian Gill (selling his shitty books)?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/ge ... shole.html

He was in your band back then?

"He was in my band, yeah. And we wrote these great songs, we were ready to get a record deal, then he acted like a total asshole and said, 'Oh, well, I wrote this song,' even though it's because of my connections and everything we're getting the record deal.

"We agreed we would split everything with everybody, make it even. So whoever writes a song doesn't run around in a Lamborghini and the other guy has a Volkswagen.

"He agreed to that, and then when it was time to do it, he backed out. So when he backed out, we said, 'Well, fuck this.' We blew the band out.

"Then I got a call from Paul Stanley and Gene [Simmons], saying, 'We got this guy Vinnie Cusano to join KISS. What do you think?'

"I said, 'Dude, he's a great talent, great songwriter, decent singer, great guitar player, but he's trouble. It's up to you guys, I can tell you he's trouble.' They hired him and what happened?"

- - -

That is so stupid and of course Carmine was against that because Carmine can't write a song. Yes, Vinnie would have been doing all the writing, but Carmine thinks everyone should split the money equally. That's ridiculous. Carmine wanted Vinnie to carry the water for the band and then everyone get the same money.

So that's why he told Gene and Paul not to hire him, because Vinnie was trouble. Vinnie wanted to be paid his fair share.

------------

"He goes, 'No, no, you keep it, you put the timers on.' He said Vinnie kept all the money, he said, 'He gave me a bunch of signed posters for me to sell to make my money back.' I said, 'Man, what a fucking douchebag!'"

I bet Vinnie fans are sicked to find out Derek was the one behind those signed posters. Shame Carmine doesn't know what a conman Derek is. Derek would lie to credit card companies and tell them the Vinnie show went on when people tried to dispute the charge and get a refund. Derek should be in jail.

----------

Carmine brags about appearing at that joke of a convention Rock N Pod. And then when 36-40 people showed up for Vinnie Carmine (who has no direct knowledge) lies and claims 5 people. Carmine is such a loser. And then he admits Vinnie played incredibly (since he played like he did on the first VVI album).

Did you guys ever rehearse?

"No, we did nothing. I did a gig in Nashville in August, I and my brother did a convention, it was a Rock N' Pod convention, and we did a master class, and a talk at SIR, and we had some people there, and the guys that set us up...

"Vinnie did an event like that there, he had five people that paid $2,500 dollars to see him. And he said he did play. I said, 'Did he play decent?' He said, 'He did that crap like on his Vinnie Vincent album.'"

------------

He's also so jealous of Vinnie's KISS years. One album? More like 3 albums. The songs people know from 1980 -on are the Vinnie songs in KISS. Carmine can't stand that Vinnie actually saved KISS.

The Yngwie stuff?

"Yeah. But he said he did play. So he obviously can play something. But his attitude is so fucked up!

"Come on, what do you do - a couple of years, one album with KISS? It's $2,500 a ticket to see him play for fucking 10 minutes. That's fucking rip-off.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Carmine has nothing going on so its Talk About Vinnie more

Post by Genebaby »

Dude, that is a bit hard to read and make sense of at times, but I think I know where you are going and what your general gist is.

Rock n Pod is very cool, it's not nice to disparage it, and Julian's books are great. What have you had published, lately or ever? I'm a big fan of Julian's historic work on KISStory and the book series with other authors like Tim. How can you call them shitty?

Rock n Pod has grown and gone from strength to strength, you sound like you're a bit jelous. Is there something you are doing that is not being successful, that you want to tear others down?
Commander in chief - VVF Army
beano

Post by beano »

Time to stop drinking the Kool Aid buddy?
A FOOL AND HIS MONEY ARE SOON PARTED
ankh

Post by ankh »

never understood the point of selecting parts of articles just to make someone look bad. If any of you is interested, readin the whole interview,his words will make sense.

BTW,briefly

The band the rockers was created by Carmine.Who,btw, has co written an international hit single.Also, i would suggest to have a look to Carmine carrer, from 60's onwards...

He enjoyed his time in BM,loved the chemistry, but Sykesy doesn't want to reform the Group.He's not even sure if he really wants to come back.

About the supposed gig,after Vinnie for his own reaasons backed out, Carmine had no choice but disband the band he did put together , since all of them are working professionals,and they had other commitments.

Carmine at least has offered Derek his money back.
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

Being objective, you have to look at the whole picture, and Carmine's general vibe in this interview, is pretty consistent with other interviews about VV's demeanour by other artists.

Of all the interviews I've heard, Bobby Rock's memories and story telling of that time are probably the most complimentary and factual. He doesn't get emotional or put Vinnie down, he just recounts his memories. (Which of course is ironic, as VV seems to have a problem with him talking about VVI days, and has blacklisted him!).

Throwing it back at Carmine and playing "whataboutism" is all well and good. But whatever Carmine's beef, lack of career, or current activities may or may not be, there's no doubting his recollections of VV, as they are consistent with everything else I've heard - both back in the day and in the here and now.

Is there one interview out there that is complimentary about Vinnie's behaviour over the years? I can't recall one. As Carmine puts it, "super talented, but he's trouble". I'd say when you listen to them talk about Vinnie, that's the general summary from Gene, Paul, Mark, Dana and pretty much everyone else who has crossed paths with him.
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

ankh wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:54 am never understood the point of selecting parts of articles just to make someone look bad. If any of you is interested, readin the whole interview,his words will make sense.

BTW,briefly

The band the rockers was created by Carmine.Who,btw, has co written an international hit single.Also, i would suggest to have a look to Carmine carrer, from 60's onwards...

He enjoyed his time in BM,loved the chemistry, but Sykesy doesn't want to reform the Group.He's not even sure if he really wants to come back.

About the supposed gig,after Vinnie for his own reaasons backed out, Carmine had no choice but disband the band he did put together , since all of them are working professionals,and they had other commitments.

Carmine at least has offered Derek his money back.

An international hit? I hope you aren't talking about "Do You Think I'm Sexy". He's 1 of 3 songwriters listed. That doesn't include the two artists who songs were stolen for that song.

Because of the theft, all the royalties ended up going to Unicef.

Maybe instead of crediting Carmine for the International hit, you might want to credit Jorge Ben for the melody they stole and the string arrangement they lifted from Bobby Womack's "Put Something Down On It".

Perhaps you can share some other great songs Carmine wrote (that he didn't steal).
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV