Post by Genebaby »

Announcement.jpg
Announcement.jpg (20.92 KiB) Viewed 1664 times
Commander in chief - VVF Army
aeroflott

Re: Announcement from Vinnie coming?

Post by aeroflott »

Well it sounds "interesting".

As well as some auction guff happening in November, Vinnie will be supposedly re-creating the Rio Creatures era show, along with a band.

"Creatures Fest" will take place in Nashville in the spring of 2022 - likely late March, early April.

To quote the guy who made the announcement:

"The only thing that will be more authentic than what will be at Creatures Fest, would be what you saw at that Creatures show in Rio in 1983. We are recreating the entire stage, we are recreating the set list, the costumes, the make up, everything."

I wonder if Messers Stanley and Simmons might have something to say about this?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Well, this announcement was about the auction event, and the Creatures tank let's you know where things are headed as you've alluded to.

Vinnie's plans for 2022 sound pretty BIG considering there hasn't been anything else that's actually happened on a smaller scale to pave the way.Image
Tord13stalk

Post by Tord13stalk »

Some of this really sounds cool! especially with the recreation of the 1983 creatures of the night concert from Brazil but at the same time this sounds impossible. Wearing old costumes and creating an identical creatures of the night stage is over the top, won't Paul and Gene stop this for one reason alone? the make up!!

I mean....Vinnie will be wearing the ankh make up and costume (guest muisicans will proabably have to wear the make up and costumes too) if he wants to be authentic, at the same time how will he get away with this when Paul and Gene own everything that is related to Kiss?
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

Guess I'm not that much of a Kiss fan to be excited about any of this.
If only Vinnie made it all about him instead...
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

I'm tired of reading through all of the whans-neatly exciting announcements. What is implemented from it? Where is the great video that was shot from the last convention? I'm tired of reading all these things over and over again, but in the end nothing happens anyway. Instead of all this shit, he should just sit down, play the guitar and post it on YouTube. Nobody wants to see more. It has been going on for years - nothing happens in the end! Even now none of this will happen again.

Wolfi
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

You are quite right Wolfi, there is so much left behind that hasn't been done, and this new task seems very impossible from a logistics perspective, let alone that Vinnie has not played properly with a band in 33 years and counting. Any convetion appearances etc do not count, I could have been there and been as effective.

Vinnie did announce previously that he would be appearing with a full band at one of his parties. THIS DID NOT HAPPEN!! There was no band, just Vinnie as per usual.

So the casual observer would have to take this with a barrel full of salt, even for there to be a full band playing, let alone recreating the Creatures show in all it's majesty. Only KISS could do that if they wanted to.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Great Post Wolfie!
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

Recreating a huge event like a gig in Rio is only going to lead to disappointment.

It's fantasy land.

As Wolfie says, all anyone wants to see is VV with an acoustic and electric guitar playing some songs and telling stories. Cheap to set up logistically and easy to execute.

I don't get why its so hard.

Also, while I'm here, WHERE'S THE BOXSET?
beano

Post by beano »

aeroflott wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:35 pm Also, while I'm here, WHERE'S THE BOXSET?
The same place as the Vinnies Angels DVD, the vinyls etc

In Vinnies deluded mind!

Hahaha
A FOOL AND HIS MONEY ARE SOON PARTED
Mikelangelo

Post by Mikelangelo »

Very grandiose plans indeed 😒 Has Vinnie actually rehearsed with the band? Some band, any band? He hasn't played with the band in 30+ years and all of a sudden he could pull off a show like that?! Dream on.
And actually I do, but maybe stuff like that with Vinnie...it ain't never gonna happen, I'm afraid ✌😑