Guitarmageddon bash 2021

News and information from 2018 onwards
Luxor

Guitarmageddon bash 2021

Post by Luxor »

"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Guitarmageddon bash 2021

Post by Genebaby »

Another bash? Really?
GM 2022.jpg
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Mikelangelo

Post by Mikelangelo »

Oh my 🤫
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

Not trying to be a smartass or putting the guy down in any way, but why doesn't Vinnie use current pictures of himself in his promos?

I get the impression he's very comfortable with who he is and where he's at in life, but I find this constant use of old pictures of his younger self really strange. Doesn't seem to fit with what he puts across.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I hear you and I'm sure many think the same way, but he has a looooong history of doing this, starting with the EP he released in '96.

That EP had a 1988 picture on it.

Fast forward and it happened with all the promo material for the guitars Tom made for NAMM, everything showed 80's Vinnie.

He's been doing it ever since to promote himself, rather than the Vinnie you're going to get.

Imagine going out of idle curiosity to see some apparent guitar legend play, and you didn't do your homework. You'd be wondering, who the hell is this guy and when is Vinnie going to show up.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
metatron

Post by metatron »

I guess KISS have been doing the exact same thing since Psycho Circus and they aren't getting any younger either. Thing is KISS hide behind the superhero costumes to the point that it is now KISS presents scab KISS. - And the Zombies,
lap it up, lap it up!, oh-oh-ohh (Give Gene your Money)
lap it up, lap it up!, oh-oh-ohh (Woo yeah)
lap it up, lap it up!, oh-oh-ohh (Come on, come on)
lap it up, lap it up!, oh-oh-ohh (Uh)
There's something sweet you can buy with money
lap it up, lap it up!,
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

Lack of promo materials generally speaks to lack of openness and confidence in one's visual presence.
Probably the same reason he uses Kiss in his promo materials all the time. Doesn't feel secure about his pulling power otherwise.
Which is understandable since he doesn't have anything of his own out there to offer, but still a little weird for me since I don't listen to Kiss anymore, just his music. If I were ever to meet him and there was a conversation struck, there'd be zero Kiss questions from me that's for sure.
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

metatron wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:56 pm I guess KISS have been doing the exact same thing since Psycho Circus and they aren't getting any younger either. Thing is KISS hide behind the superhero costumes to the point that it is now KISS presents scab KISS.
I take your point, but the Kiss proposition is about those four characters, and arguably (like Spiderman, Superman, Batman, etc) they don't age by their very nature. They've even got other human beings to bear Ace and Peter's makeup and have delivered that to the public successfully. In years to come, we may see Kiss 2.0 - younger dudes going out in full Kiss makeup, doing the thing.

This is something entirely different. Look at Pearcy, Lynch, The Warrant guys, Dokken, Axl, Kotzen, Vai etc - they use pictures of themselves in the here and now.

Again just an observation that adds to the overall picture of what VV's proposition is in 2021.

For the record, I think Vinnie looks great. He's healthy and happy - just an older version of his 90s self (as we all are). Nothing more, nothing less. I just find it odd to use 25/30 year old pictures when promoting your "comeback" era.