News and information from 2018 onwards
aeroflott

New Vinnie Interview with Mike Brunn

Post by aeroflott »

VikingVVFan

Re: New Vinnie Interview with Mike Brunn

Post by VikingVVFan »

Thank you.
That was pretty good! We can only hope..
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Sorry to say but, that is a hard listen like everything Mike Brunn puts out.

Run the audio through Audacity (or some other program) to remove that booming echo. Even if it turns out a little thin, it's still easier on the ear.

Nice he got an over an hour out of Vinnie, so kudos there... to both of them.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

It was pretty disappointing. Vinnie looked really good and happy. But like I mentioned in another thread, Mike didn't bring up Goran and being his choice for Guitars From Hell / Guitarmageddon.

He didn't bring up Vinnie turning down a record contract with Sony before signing the other deal.

He didn't bother correcting Vinnie on when he started working with Gene and Paul. Mike should have known because Vinnie has answered this several times.

He didn't ask Vinnie specifically if Bruce copied the Unholy solo. Nor did he ask if Vinnie laid down solos on the demos for Unholy.

He didn't ask if one of the reasons thought Vinnie might rejoin the band is because of how easily they tossed Eric aside.

He didn't get into the real reason Eric died. Remember the interview where Vinnie blamed Gene and Paul for Eric's death and he said he left during the recording of the album.

He didn't ask how much Ezrin was around while he and Gene were working together. Was he around with them too most of the time or just with Vinnie and Paul.

Is Vinnie planning on the person who did the Vinnie auction last week to bankroll some of these new projects?

I guess Vinnie forgot he just did an interview/call in with that guy when he "claimed" Mike was the only one.

Was Bruce playing anything in the studio while VInnie was in there.

Did Gene complain about Bruce or Eric's playing. And if Bruce, is that one of the many reasons Vinnie felt he might rejoin the band.

He didn't ask what the names of the 6 (I guess 5 maybe since 1 is on the Vault) other songs that should have made Revenge. How many Gene / how many of those Paul songs.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Was there talk about the promised DVD from last year near the end?

A lot of missed opportunities and I was wondering as soon as I heard it about the timeline for Vinnie working with KISS on Revenge stuff. The HITS tour didn't start until about April '90 due to lack of interest until Forever came along, so no way was Vinnie involved until late 90/91.

I do wonder what Gene was doing at A&M records when he saw Vinnie there. I seem to remember they bumped into each other at a studio when they patched things up a bit and started working together on what was to become Revenge.

It was a great KISS line-up with Vinnie and Eric Carr.
Commander in chief - VVF Army