It's Vinnie Time Again

News and information from 2018 onwards
Genebaby
Site Admin

It's Vinnie Time Again

Post by Genebaby »

Seems Vinnie is holding another event. Anyone got any details?

Where is the official video from last time? I hope our out before this happens.

Commander in chief - VVF Army
metatron

Re: It's Vinnie Time Again

Post by metatron »

Great!
Hope it's enjoyed by all.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
aeroflott

May 2021 "Metal Madness" Event Announced

Post by aeroflott »

£500 per ticket.

Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I'm guessing that would be US$500, and of course that's not surprising at all. Good luck to those that do go, and I hope they get their money's worth.

This is while those who can't afford the asking price, or, as most of us are, are in another part of the world, we wait for the footage from last year to see the light of day so we can know what we are missing out on.

It would be nice for Vinnie to use some realistic and updated pictures for his events. Nobody is going to meet the Creatures/Lick It Up or VVI Vinnie Vincent, it's the 2021 version who will be there. He should embrace the now, not only the past.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

True that. Have fun if you get to go.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

An interesting update from Vinnie on this event:
A MESSAGE FROM: VINNIE VINCENT
Hey everyone!
I just wanted to say that SUMMERS' CALLIN... AND THE WHEELS OF LIFE ARE GRINDING OUT A BRAND NEW BEAT ON... MAY 29. SIR NASHVILLE at the MAY METAL MADNESS PARTY SHOW.
THIS IS PARTY TIME and We rock once more... this is a no mask event..and a great time to be normal and free again.
It's gonna be a great and fun show and I'm so looking forward to seeing everyone again. It seems like forever since we've had our faces melted from the last shredd inferno.
I did want to say that the May 29th show is the last planned show for VINNIE VINCENT PARTY SHOWS. They have been a blast and I've enjoyed every second of every show.
As I said so many times before, that I've had more fun playing at SIR for you than I've had at any show I've ever done.
I don't know if we're going to be getting back together after this, but this is very last show that we have planned ....The shows were never intended to schedule on a regular basis but since we've had so much fun and enjoyment, we've kept them rotating.. We've been able to do four shows and May 29th will be the 5th, last and final show planned.
...... so if you're coming this is the last call...as capacity is almost filled. Also last call for guitars to be purchased from www.vinnievincent.com for in person autographs and pictures with your guitar. This show as the others will have food, spirits etc.. merch, signings, and MUSIC L..O.U.D.
this is a MADE TO BE PLAYED AT MAXIMUM VOLUME EVENT ...SO DON'T MISS IT.
As the years pass, The fond memories of this show and the past shows will bond us all and last us a lifetime.
go to www.vinnievincent.com for tickets...and ill see you all soon...REAL SOON.
cheers,
VINNIE VINCENT
A "no mask" event? Well to each their own I suppose, but I'm not sure that's terribly sensible. Not for me thanks.

More to the point, V states that this is to be the last one. Will they be replaced with some other event type? Or is this it?
I don't now if we're going to be getting back together after this, but this is the very last show that we have planned
Ah Vinnie. You big tease you.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

No masks is fun, but not the greatest idea in a Pandemic, and a big indicator of what's going wrong with dealing with it in the US.

As you say, each to their own.

A ray of hope in the news that this is the last one, as it really seemed like this is all that was going to happen, private party after private party.

We are still waiting on the video from the last one, that would be great to see.
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

Genebaby wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:07 amWe are still waiting on the video from the last one, that would be great to see.
It's probably in the production queue behind the boxset. Right?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Hey hey, Vinnie is totally going to get that boxset out, and two copies to the original purchasers who lost their money, you better believe it!
BengalWACO

Post by BengalWACO »

I will ride there if it actually happens and pay at the door. I live close enough to family that if they deny me I will just go visit them and have a great time... No pre-purchases due to horror stories that are VERY WELL DOCUMENTED>
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Good luck!! Report back if you get to be there.
metatron

Post by metatron »

What you don't have the VV video?
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Oh Yer I (NO ONE) has the video lol.
Hint 'don't hold your breath on this one'
I think the fat lady has sung & it's over.
To quote Seinfeld, 'NO (soup) VIDEO FOR YOU'
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

BengalWACO wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:08 am No pre-purchases due to horror stories that are VERY WELL DOCUMENTED>
?????
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
VikingVVFan

Post by VikingVVFan »

Anyone going?
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

No one from us is there ??
metatron

Post by metatron »

Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Vinnie......Vinnie.......Vinnie.........Vinnie.......Vinnie.......
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

So, Vinnie went on record to say he'd be playing with a band and doing some very cool VVI stuff and Vinnie ballad stuff. Did this go down?

Were the lucky people there treated to an amazing set of songs, many never heard before?
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

It happened in the 4th dimension.
say two sky two say fare
VikingVVFan

Post by VikingVVFan »

tukoztukoz wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:10 pm It happened in the 4th dimension.
You think it was cancelled?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I think it did go ahead. Wether it was the sold out, amazing band experience remains to be seen.
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

VikingVVFan wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:03 am
tukoztukoz wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:10 pm It happened in the 4th dimension.
You think it was cancelled?
I have no idea.
I don’t get why the announcement and then no news.
I agree it would be amazing to see Vinnie play, even with an acoustic set.
say two sky two say fare
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I just saw this video about the show:

It says Richard Friedman will be there, he had a co-write on Back On The Streets.

Was he there? Was there a band or did Vinnie just play to backing tracks again? How was the food?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Some old info from this board is that Richards brother Steve Friedman is the guy behind the Guitarman guitar/s that Vinnie used to play, so there was that connection there back in the day.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Also, if you go to the shop on Vinnievincent.com you can still buy tickets for the May Metal Madness party, indicating it was not sold out as tickets were available up until showtime, and the webmaster is behind on things and you can still pay $500 for something that has already come and gone.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I saw this and thought I'd lost it, here is a poster advertising in detail what is meant to be seen and heard over the last weekend. Did this happen?
Vinnie's may metal madness poster.jpg
The only thing I've heard is that Vinnie played to backing tracks by himself, wasn't there supposed to be a band, because Vinnie is "ready" to play live, and this was the start?
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Good Vinnie!!!
Bye Bye
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

I hope this is the beginning. I just hope he puts a real band together. Bobby or Andre would be great on drums. That's would be a great start.

They should have gotten Bobby for the Graceland gig instead of Carmine.
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

Genebaby wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:41 am Also, if you go to the shop on Vinnievincent.com you can still buy tickets for the May Metal Madness party, indicating it was not sold out as tickets were available up until showtime, and the webmaster is behind on things and you can still pay $500 for something that has already come and gone.
I don't see anything that has changed since I looked at it a few weeks ago. $500 stuff is listed but you can't buy it. It says "read more".

Then when you click it, it says "out of stock". But you can still read about the event.

As big of a room as Vinnie got at SIR for this last event, there's no reason he should have cut it off. He got the biggest studio back when there was still social distancing requirements in place.

Nashville ended those around 2 weeks before Vinnie's event. Vinnie should have publicized the fact that they could now fill the room.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

More people=more $$$!

I hear that none of these songs were performed, it was just two hours of mostly formless shredding to becoming tracks, very disappointing. There was no band, just Vinnie.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Genebaby wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:30 am More people=more $$$!

I hear that none of these songs were performed, it was just two hours of mostly formless shredding to becoming tracks, very disappointing. There was no band, just Vinnie.

False advertising and theft
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

He won't use Bobby , you get the boot if you mention his name and Andre no way. So those are out
VVArchives wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:39 am I hope this is the beginning. I just hope he puts a real band together. Bobby or Andre would be great on drums. That's would be a great start.

They should have gotten Bobby for the Graceland gig instead of Carmine.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I have been one of the hardest on Vinnie but it's good to see this . Ok he had no band but to be honest I wouldn't have gone expecting anything other than the unexpected. I do actually have a lot of respect for him for doing these events . The reason why I liked Vinnie is because he is impulsive and unexpected and yes that can seem unprofessional in these situations but if Vinnie was more to script maybe he would be a boring guitar player like Tommy Thayer or Bruce . I don't know if I am insane or not just to add to this haha
Bye Bye
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

doublev2 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:51 am He won't use Bobby , you get the boot if you mention his name and Andre no way. So those are out
That's pretty short sighted. He did interviews in the past with people who trashed him for years.

Bobby and Andre have said nothing negative.

Many people also forget Bobby was hanging out with Vinnie in 1990 / 1991

Him ever working with Dana again would be 100% IMO. Mark probably 90%.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Vinnie hates everyone involved in VVI save for Robert. This is fact. This forum exists because of Vinnie's hate for so many things and people and topics, he would not let us post any interview with Bobby etc. I remember when, in the old forum, an interview with Bobby was posted, which I was looking forward to reading, then the post was removed and it was announced you can't talk or post about them.

The same rules apply to any "approved" Facebook groups, nothing with those other guys.
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

So there's been a few of these events now. I'm amazed no one has captured anything at all from them, surreptitiously or otherwise? Not even audio?

Would love to hear some of the alleged VV shredding that has supposedly took place.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

You and the rest of us!

I still can't believe so much was promised for this last one,but not delivered. Why do that?
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

They are all cult members following the commands of their master