1996 Vinnie Vincent Hand Injury

News and information from 2018 onwards
Simonbfrost

1996 Vinnie Vincent Hand Injury

Post by Simonbfrost »

In 1996 while VV was in Sweden, Vinnie had suffered a hand injury and due to it, that could be the reason why he did not play lead guitar with solos and instead, he played rhythm guitar during the KISS convention...

With all the chatter about Vinnie now not being able to shredd anymore, one should take into consideration, that as fast as VV is known to play his guitar, who knows if the hand injury incident back in 1996 is now a contributing factor as to his current state of playing the guitar...

All I know is, VV is, and will always be...the shredding master!
drmoorejr

Re: 1996 Vinnie Vincent Hand Injury

Post by drmoorejr »

Simonbfrost wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:16 pm In 1996 while VV was in Sweden, Vinnie had suffered a hand injury and due to it, that could be the reason why he did not play lead guitar with solos and instead, he played rhythm guitar during the KISS convention...

With all the chatter about Vinnie now not being able to shredd anymore, one should take into consideration, that as fast as VV is known to play his guitar, who knows if the hand injury incident back in 1996 is now a contributing factor as to his current state of playing the guitar...

All I know is, VV is, and will always be...the shredding master!
Hell yeah
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Forgot about this post. I think that the only chatter about Vinnie not being able to shred is coming from most of the planet that hasn't seen Vinnie at his last "event". Vinnie himself will tell you he can still shred, and he plays for hours each day etc and he supposedly showed the faithful last year that the 80's were still alive and well inside his fingers.

To that end, he's still saying he can do it and will prove it in October, if the event is allowed to happen, and film it, so we can all shut up once that comes out and the world will know the glory of Vinnie's shred once more.

I do recall the talk of Vinnie's hand injury in 96, but not the extent of it. It may have stopped him playing at the time but nothing has been said about it since, so I don't think it's a factor in Vinnie's playing ability today.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

That was all a lie so he wouldn't have to play lead. The guy who organized the event said Vinnie had a little bandaid on his thumb and then later that day it wasn't even on anymore, then right before the show he put it back on to make it look like he couldn't play. Same thing that happened at that thing in Miami
metatron

Post by metatron »

We all got hand injuries from way too much forehand, backhand, JUICE!
( :idea: I'm also told you also go blind :shock: 8) )

So then,
In the great words of Motley Crue, "on with the show"
Run it up the flag pole VV, post the video & make us all shut the fcuk up.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Well, the October event has come and gone, we await the video of Vinnie's amazing playing!
Invader

Post by Invader »

It is as real as my wifes headache
puffin

Post by puffin »

It is as real as my wife
Detroit

Post by Detroit »

That story is BS! However, I wonder why he didn't want to do solos. Weird. That was his craft.
Only the truth can set you free
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It is a mystery when you consider that Vinnie was totally obsessed with playing solos to the point of overplaying, yet we not seen him play a solo since 1988 and he has been on stage, though not much, since then.

The recent events are not being counted, saying you can play, telling people you can play, showing the few that show up to very expensive private parties you can play, but no photos or videos are allowed, doesn't count.

Where there is smoke there is fire, and currently there is a lot of smoke around Vinnie not being able to play like he used to. Very strange that he didn't give playing solos a go during the 90's when you would think he would have done it very easily, so it's a big mystery really.
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

There are so many literal Vinnie haters and everyone it seems has a podcast. Imagine how many podcasts they could get out exposing Vinnie?

Eddie Trunk can fly to the middle of America to host some hair metal shows all the time, but he couldn't get his rather large derriere to Nashville?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Eddie interviewed Vinnie, what do you want him to do that he didn't?
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

Genebaby wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:45 pm Eddie interviewed Vinnie, what do you want him to do that he didn't?
He interviewed Vinnie last week in Nashville and then talked about how great or how poorly Vinnie played? I missed that.

All I remember is Eddie interviewing him back in 2018.

Eddie really blew it. The only time people care what he has to say is when he talks KISS (even though alot of times his memories aren't great). How much mileage could Eddie have gotten attending the event, interviewing Vinnie and then being able to answer if he thinks Vinnie is playing as well as he did in the past.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, it's 2018 that I was talking about when Eddie interviewed Vinnie. Maybe he doesn't want to do it again, or care to?

Juicy KISS gossip is the best and he would know that, but I guess he has his reasons. Possibly Vinnie wouldn't talk with him now, he was stating he'll only talk to Mike?
VVArchives

Post by VVArchives »

Genebaby wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:22 am Yes, it's 2018 that I was talking about when Eddie interviewed Vinnie. Maybe he doesn't want to do it again, or care to?

Juicy KISS gossip is the best and he would know that, but I guess he has his reasons. Possibly Vinnie wouldn't talk with him now, he was stating he'll only talk to Mike?
After he had just talked to some other guy the week before?

I would also bet Vinnie wouldn't care about the millions of Eddie listeners on Sirius XM. What's millions versus 10-20K or so who might watch it on youtube.