Kruise Fest reportedly declines return appearance by Vinnie Vincent for 9th edition in late October

News and information from 2018 onwards
LUDIVINE

Kruise Fest reportedly declines return appearance by Vinnie Vincent for 9th edition in late October

Post by LUDIVINE »

Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne blessent mon coeur d'une langueur monotone. Tout suffocant et blême, quand sonne l'heure, je me souviens des jours anciens et je pleure.
VikingVVFan

Re: Kruise Fest reportedly declines return appearance by Vinnie Vincent for 9th edition in late October

Post by VikingVVFan »

What would he do there? Same as last year?
No thanks.

I can see a 6 page letter coming any time soon..
LUDIVINE

Re: Kruise Fest reportedly declines return appearance by Vinnie Vincent for 9th edition in late October

Post by LUDIVINE »

VikingVVFan wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:28 am What would he do there? Same as last year?
No thanks.

I can see a 6 page letter coming any time soon..
Yes, you're right people are waiting for another announcement since this info has been posted !
Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne blessent mon coeur d'une langueur monotone. Tout suffocant et blême, quand sonne l'heure, je me souviens des jours anciens et je pleure.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Fair enough. This seems along the same lines as to why Gene and Paul won't tour with Ace and Peter.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

Genebaby wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:45 am Fair enough. This seems along the same lines as to why Gene and Paul won't tour with Ace and Peter.
I suppose so. Joe is really a sweet person. He and his team are doing an awesome job each year for the KIss Pre Party. This year Ace is attending.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Maybe vv will book a room near by and put on a 'bash'
Bye Bye
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

doublev2 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:54 am Maybe vv will book a room near by and put on a 'bash'
lol hilarious !
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Amazing
metatron

Post by metatron »

http://sleazeroxx.com/kruise-fest-repor ... 0KDSjY5Ges

Posted on August 26, 2019 by Olivier

The pre-KISS Kruise event Kruise Fest, which will be returning for its ninth edition in Miami, Florida, USA on October 28 and 29, 2019, has reportedly declined former KISS lead guitarist Vinnie Vincent‘s request for a return appearance.

History was made last year when Vincent, with his face painted in his KISS “Ankh Warrior” make up, appeared to play a few songs live and plugged in for the first time in decades with Four By Fate at the KISS Kruise VIII Pre-Party at The Gathering III in Miami, Florida, USA on October 30, 2018. However, the Kruise Fest does not appear interested in having Vincent appear for its ninth edition this year.

After two cancelled events — Vincent‘s comeback shows with drummer Carmine Appice, bassist Tony Franklin and singer Jim Crean in Nashville, Tennessee, USA scheduled for February 8 and 9, 2019 and Vincent‘s Speedball Jamm performance scheduled for June 7, 2019 was also cancelled as , the guitarist reportedly went ahead with his private Birthday Bash celebration in Nashville, Tennessee, USA on August 10, 2019. The Birthday Bash had a number of reported restrictions including no filming or recording.

Kruise Fest‘s press release indicates:

“This October, sailing out of Miami, Florida, the 9th annual KISS Kruise will take to the high seas and in true KISS Army style, the fan-organized pre-kruise party, Kruise Fest will held in the city of departure. This year, kruisers Neil Davis, Joe D’Angelo, Jay Jadofsky and Bill Alward are teaming up to present “Kruise Fest” a two-day music festival and Rock-n-Roll Expo at the Airport Hilton Blue Lagoon in Miami, FL.

Last year’s pre party, run by promoter Joe D’Angelo (partner this year as well) featured the return of former KISS member Vinnie Vincent who took the stage for the first time in over two decades. “I worked extremely hard to make sure that the KISS kruisers got to see what they paid for and I truly feel that very well may be the last time Vinnie performs to a live audience of that size” says D’Angelo. “Vinnie has a reputation for being extremely difficult to work with and getting him to do everything he was contracted to do required a certain degree of intrepidity.”

D’Angelo, also one of the promoters of the hugely successful RockNPod Expo held in Nashville on August 10th was quoted on one of the podcasts as saying “I was approached by Vinnie’s handler and lawyer about having Vinnie return to Kruise Fest this year and I respectfully declined. While I like his attorney very much, the prospect of working with Vinnie again is unpleasant and the cons far outweigh any potential pros.” D’Angelo continued, “Kruise Fest is doing so well, I don’t see the need to add the negativity that he would most certainly bring.”

Kruise Fest takes place on Monday, October 28 and Tuesday, October 29 with a line-up of Grammy-winners and rock standouts. Opening the Monday show are fan favorites Jaded Past and The No. 13’s. They are followed by an amazing performance by the Kruise Fest All-Star Band. Anchored by Ace Frehley‘s touring musicians, the group will be joined by Grammy-winners John Regan and Bob Kulick, and artists including Richie Scarlet and Tod Howarth, with more to be announced. Closing out the night will be Sebastian Bach performing a full set consisting of the first Skid Row album in its entirety!

Tuesday will feature a non-make-up acoustic set by Kissterious, a tribute band from The Netherlands, followed by front man extraordinaire John Corabi (Motley Crüe, Ratt, The Dead Daisies) performing poolside in what is sure to be a highlight of this two-day event. The evening set begins with KISS America (Florida’s ultimate KISS tribute band!), followed by international recording act Thundermother from Sweden, and Return of the Comet (featuring members of Frehley’s Comet). Tuesday’s headliner will be none other than the Spaceman himself, Ace Frehley! Ace will be performing a full set with his band AND will jam two songs with Return of the Comet for a once in a lifetime experience for those in attendance.

Throughout both days, between-set tunes will be provided by Miami’s own KISS Kruise alum DJ Noiz, entertaining the crowd with favorite rock songs and mixes. Also on-site will be an International KISS Exchange and Rock-n-Roll Expo featuring vendors selling KISS and rock memorabilia. Special Expo guests in attendance Tuesday will be Jake J and the Killjoys, former KISS security Big John Harte, KISS and Rainbow album designer Ken Kelly, Dale Torborg known as the “Demon” wrestler and several KISS podcast representatives. Fans will have the chance to meet and interact with all special guests!

General Admission tickets are only $85 and admit guests to all the shows in the concert hall on BOTH days! Meet and greet packages are available, including the opportunity to purchase a guitar signed, in person, by Ace Frehley. For tickets and hotel and event details go to www.kruisefest.com.”
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
metatron

Post by metatron »

"working with Vinnie again is unpleasant and the cons far outweigh any potential pros.” D’Angelo continued, “Kruise Fest is doing so well, I don’t see the need to add the negativity that he would most certainly bring.”

I didn't write it. A person who has had dealings with Sir Vinnie Vincent did. 'THE CONS' - double entendre? doubleV?
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Well that's what he gets for not being professional.
He messed up kiss with that dumb mean mr mustard thing then also showing up unprepared to the vault... And even more stupid was to criticize gene and say that it was against his better judgement to go to the vault.
As well as keeping a dumb jealousy thing with mark slaughter going , ohhh and having Wilkie say Robert can't sing anymore..

The way to be pro is bite your lip if you don't like something or just reverse your own mindset.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Like it or not a money making gig would have been with mark slaughter and Mark would have done it along with Bobby. they made it clear they would have done it until vv went off on mark in Atlanta. VV just can not see this stuff clearly.
Bye Bye
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

Gotta hand it to Kruise Fest... it’s rare for an event to be honest with fans by announcing they are going to suck in advance. :lol:
beano

Post by beano »

RipRokken wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:32 am
Gotta hand it to Kruise Fest... it’s rare for an event to be honest with fans by announcing they are going to suck in advance. :lol:

Rare? I’d say accurate. I watched that bag of shit on YouTube last year. Keep your delusions. Your posts are like listening to someone fart.
A FOOL AND HIS MONEY ARE SOON PARTED
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

He has been encouraged to post here and kissfaq by vv himself. I've seen the correspondence unfortunately
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Rip's idea of a good show is vv showing up and errrr that's it then he can pay vv to pretend to be his friend.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Vinnie actually needs the exact opposite of a yes man. He needs someone as critical as they come helping him and that's the only way forward. Someone like ed Trunk would be better than these rip rokken asskissers who actually damage vv way more than the people with a brain.
Some are just saying this shit just to see if they can get in vv circle but they still know how wacko it all is but some don't know.

Rip is thinking he is some sort of unpaid representative of vv .
Bye Bye
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

doublev2 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:08 pm Well that's what he gets for not being professional.
IMO you're right on everything you said so far. The thing is, Vinnie's surrounded by people who make an effort to get close to him, call them ass kissers or whatever, but they wanna get close to him unlike most fans, who keep their distance. He's a senior citizen now and I imagine he likes the attention of people who are willing to help him out with stuff for free and stroke his ego. Until "sane" people start seeking him out offering the same kind of affection along with actually helping him rebuild some semblance of a career, VV will remain where he is doing what he does.
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

doublev2 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:23 pm He has been encouraged to post here and kissfaq by vv himself. I've seen the correspondence unfortunately
I have seen the correspondance too ! Quite entertaining but sad. Doing VV more wrong than good. Thankfully, the members on the other forum don't buy it.

Private shows won't bring him into the spotlight anymore. As far as I am concerned, I would not attend and pay for this kinda thing. I can't imagine being there with people I don't wanna meet saying "yes, yes" all the time. I prefer normal gigs or arenas !!!!
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

beano wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:17 pm Rare? I’d say accurate. I watched that bag of shit on YouTube last year. Keep your delusions. Your posts are like listening to someone fart.
Just for you, my posts are also Scratch N’ Sniff. So take a whiff! :lol:
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

doublev2 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:24 pm Rip's idea of a good show is vv showing up and errrr that's it then he can pay vv to pretend to be his friend.
Hey, for a very reasonable fee, I’ll be happy to help you out with your material. Guaranteed to make you funny in 3 posts or less. :lol:
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

doublev2 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:31 pm Vinnie actually needs the exact opposite of a yes man. He needs someone as critical as they come helping him and that's the only way forward. Someone like ed Trunk would be better than these rip rokken asskissers who actually damage vv way more than the people with a brain.
Some are just saying this shit just to see if they can get in vv circle but they still know how wacko it all is but some don't know.

Eddie Trunk’s interviews are easy for any artist, if they don’t mind listening to Eddie Trunk talk about himself the whole time. Or maybe that’s tough for any artist who would like a chance to answer the questions themselves.
VikingVVFan

Post by VikingVVFan »

doublev2 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:23 pm He has been encouraged to post here and kissfaq by vv himself. I've seen the correspondence unfortunately
Tell me more, please!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

'any artist' haha
RipRokken wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:48 am
doublev2 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:31 pm Vinnie actually needs the exact opposite of a yes man. He needs someone as critical as they come helping him and that's the only way forward. Someone like ed Trunk would be better than these rip rokken asskissers who actually damage vv way more than the people with a brain.

Eddie Trunk’s interviews are easy for any artist, if they don’t mind listening to Eddie Trunk talk about himself the whole time. Or maybe that’s tough for any artist who would like a chance to answer the questions themselves.
Bye Bye
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

Quite uncomfortable to watch. How much for a pic ?

RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

:D That is the greatest thing I’ve ever seen.
drmoorejr

Post by drmoorejr »

Fuck Eddie Trunk.
teej

Post by teej »

What the hell man .. I don't come here often but every time there's a few appocolites defending a guy with mental health issues .. give him some respite .. let him sleep and recover .. he was an amazing talent but ...
We will make monkies of these monkies

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

:lol: You need to check back in to the MERRY METAL MAYHEM thread. You’re all missing out on the news.
beano

Post by beano »

RipRokken wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:31 pm :lol: You need to check back in to the MERRY METAL MAYHEM thread. You’re all missing out on the news.
Nobody cares.
A FOOL AND HIS MONEY ARE SOON PARTED
VVnoSHOW

Post by VVnoSHOW »

500 dollars for a shitty salad and listening to Vinnie bitch that the music world doesnt embrace him?

Nope.
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

VVnoSHOW wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:18 am 500 dollars for a shitty salad and listening to Vinnie bitch that the music world doesnt embrace him?

Nope.
Report to the New Members area immediately for processing.
VVnoSHOW

Post by VVnoSHOW »

RipRokken wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:08 am
VVnoSHOW wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:18 am 500 dollars for a shitty salad and listening to Vinnie bitch that the music world doesnt embrace him?

Nope.
Nah been here under a different name for a while, stopped posting around the time I got screwed out of 1600 dollars in travel and hotel for the VV Graceland Show. Login wouldn't work today so it was easier to create this great new name rather than wait for someone to assist with my old name.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Nope.
Attachments
VV New Reich .png
VVnoSHOW

Post by VVnoSHOW »

VV Nazi flag????

Wtf lol
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

VVnoSHOW wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:36 am

Nope.
Nah been here under a different name for a while, stopped posting around the time I got screwed out of 1600 dollars in travel and hotel for the VV Graceland Show. Login wouldn't work today so it was easier to create this great new name rather than wait for someone to assist with my old name.
I can get you your old ID back, but I have a feeling that you like this new one.

THIS is the face of what Vinnie has done to his fans, the ones he loves so much. Vinnie owes this guy a LOT, and he won't be the only one.

How can you not be pissed when this has happened to you. I know if it was me I'd be ropable. Losing $1600 to an artist who we now know was basically doing nothing to make the show happen after it was announced is just gut wrenching. You have my condolances.

Hopefully Vinnie would like to do something for fans like yourself. We can add you to the boxset people.
VVnoSHOW

Post by VVnoSHOW »

Genebaby wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:43 am
VVnoSHOW wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:36 am

Nope.
I can get you your old ID back, but I have a feeling that you like this new one.

THIS is the face of what Vinnie has done to his fans, the ones he loves so much. Vinnie owes this guy a LOT, and he won't be the only one.

How can you not be pissed when this has happened to you. I know if it was me I'd be ropable. Losing $1600 to an artist who we now know was basically doing nothing to make the show happen after it was announced is just gut wrenching. You have my condolances.

Hopefully Vinnie would like to do something for fans like yourself. We can add you to the boxset people.
He really feels like he did no wrong and it was out of his control.

We still went to Graceland for the weekend, the wife and I. Was not going to lose the plane tickets, car and hotel for no reason. We learned our lesson, wont be ever buying a ticket for a VV show again. If a box set ever releases I will only buy it from a store while in stock, no preorders.

He is... was a great performer, I dont believe he played well like reported. I am a guitarist, I dont believe VVs excuse that it wasnt his rig on Kruise that caused the poor performance. Yes you man not be comfortable or sound as perfect as usual. But a guitarist is a guitarist and can play a guitar. A new rig is just going to give you an unfamiliar tone, you can still play just fine.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, I am with you on the rig thing, heck, I've played other peoples guitars and rigs when overseas and they are nice enough to let up on stage for a few songs.

It's definitely not my finest hour, but I always got by, and at Vinnie's level of musician ship it would be a walk in the park to play SOMETHING that can impress people, especially with prior practice time available. Something I never got when I did it, I just picked up a strange guitar, worked out some basic tones and played some tunes.

Good to hear you did something with your otherwise pointless trip to Graceland. I went there once, it was cool to see how Elvis lived back in the day. The planes were still there then, I believe they are down the road now, on display separetely, as they were no longer owned by the Estate and they didn't want to display them anymore.
VVnoSHOW

Post by VVnoSHOW »

Genebaby wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:36 pm Yes, I am with you on the rig thing, heck, I've played other peoples guitars and rigs when overseas and they are nice enough to let up on stage for a few songs.

It's definitely not my finest hour, but I always got by, and at Vinnie's level of musician ship it would be a walk in the park to play SOMETHING that can impress people, especially with prior practice time available. Something I never got when I did it, I just picked up a strange guitar, worked out some basic tones and played some tunes.

Good to hear you did something with your otherwise pointless trip to Graceland. I went there once, it was cool to see how Elvis lived back in the day. The planes were still there then, I believe they are down the road now, on display separetely, as they were no longer owned by the Estate and they didn't want to display them anymore.
The planea are still there and you can view them. There was info on them at Graceland encouraging you to go see them. They may he owned and operated separately.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

The Graceland cancellation was another massive mistake.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Not Vinnie's finest hour, that is for sure. What a great show it was set to be too.