VINNIE VINCENT'S Merry Metal Christmas

News and information from 2018 onwards
RipRokken

VINNIE VINCENT'S Merry Metal Christmas

Post by RipRokken »

This is the official name for the new gig. Very interesting that he's hoping to bring in ROBERT FLEISCHMAN and JEFF SCOTT SOTO. Merry Christmas indeed if that worked out!

This time, we need to get more VVFF folks there. :)
Last edited by RipRokken on Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
RipRokken

Re: VINNIE VINCENT'S Merry Metal Christmas

Post by RipRokken »

Streetbeat wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:46 am We are moving forward, Vinnie's got something great in mind!
Way to go Vinnie !!!
You need to be there! Rick, too!
September

Post by September »

According to Jeff, he's not planning on being a part of Vinnie's Christmas show...
Attachments
Screenshot_20190816-235526.png
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Wow, ok. The cart before the horse perhaps? I am wondering now about Robert's knowledge of this.

To help out, here is the message JSS is referring to, which is also in another thread here:

Commander in chief - VVF Army
metatron

Post by metatron »

Sounds great. So I guess, in this day and age that 90% of the planet has a camera in their pocket - 'A mobile phone'. I'm not even saying a Commercial Grade well manicured Video. I'm talking about a 30sec hand held video that no one in any state can monetize - we will see what our hard earned money is going to get us. I know what I'm going to get with the likes of a KISS, an Alice Copper, etc cause it's 2019, not 1954 and companies/individuals/bands/artists/retailers, etc, etc, etc, post footage/adverts of their product, service & talents on this little thing called Youtube.
I look forward in anticipation and baited breath to see what my hard earned money will get me.
So Excited. I sure the footage will be great.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

To VINNIE VINCENT from Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal in Israel with love. 😁

https://www.cameo.com/v/CKfUGIDT7
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

metatron wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:06 pm I look forward in anticipation and baited breath to see what my hard earned money will get me.
So Excited. I sure the footage will be great.
Are you coming? Awesome if you can!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

That was pretty heartfelt from Ron. Cool.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

shramiac wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:18 am That was pretty heartfelt from Ron. Cool.
Yes, I thought so too. Here's your news update for the day:

A Message / Announcement from :
VINNIE VINCENT

Hi everyone,

I have an update I want to share with you.
The VINNIE VINCENT
“MERRY METAL CHRISTMAS” SHOW IS ON!!

Yes! I want this celebration with you and have decided whatever it takes, and how ever many tickets are sold, the show goes on one way or another. Again, tickets have to purchased thru paypal NO LATER than OCTOBER 5.

So everyone attending please contact Steve Wilkie for payment.

I am still assembling the people and have reached out to my dear friend, Robert Fleishman to appear at the MERRY METAL CHRISTMAS show and we are working thru the details as we speak. I think and I hope this will be Rob’s and my history about to be made together, the way it should have happened.

I learned that Jeff Soto has a prior touring commitment which is in conflict for Dec 14-15. Naturally I wish Jeff my best. I will be having my musicians with me who I enjoy working with and it will be a fun and memorable weekend…..the BIRTHDAY BASH ON STEROIDS…
… I WILL SHREDD - WE WILL ROCK! – AND WE WILL ROLL…

The timeless BEATLES lyric seems somehow fitting in this magic time for me:
“I am he as you are he as you are me
And we are all together” (from I AM THE WALRUS)

I want to thank the many fans from different countries who have already contacted Steve Wilkie confirming they will be coming to the VV MERRY METAL CHRISTMAS SHOW. I am honored to have you, my friends.

Since it is a 2 day event, we will have the time for me to premier many of the unreleased tracks and master mixes from GUITARMAGEDDON and from the VINNIE VINCENT ARCHIVES, which yes…..is coming.

It has taken me time to heal and make it thru the darkness, and if I could blink and complete it now on demand, you know that I would. But quality is everything to me, and what I want to give you is very costly. But I am determined to get there.

The assembly of the masters is a huge undertaking but much progress is being accomplished. I want to spend some time in the studio to finish some masters before it is final form. It will also have a photo book which is in the process of assembly.

The cost is staggering to have it completed to my specifics, so hopefully the sun will shine this coming year and the shows and the audiences will grow and VINNIE VINCENT fans will unite once again which will allow me the ability to finally finish this labor of love to fulfill my lifelong achievement which is seriously overdue. And it can then be in your hands to enjoy. The VINNIE VINCENT ARCHIVES is critically important to me as it will leave my legacy intact for all of you to enjoy.

To my friends and fans in Argentina:
I LOVE YOU ALL!
I want to express my deepest gratitude to each of you for waiting and believing in my return and yes, my loved ones, VINNIE VINCENT IS BACK!!
MY DREAM IS TO COME TO ARGENTINA AND PLAY FOR YOU. Maybe with the right promoter VINNIE VINCENT WILL SHREDD ARGENTINA. I will hope.

Maybe back to Rio de Janiero…
VINNIE VINCENT SHREDDS MARACANA STADIUM. Now that would be the best. Yes?
Thank you all for the tribute videos and kind messages and support you have sent me.
I am deeply honored. The spirit is changing and it is a time of hope and new energy.

I will be with you soon on DECEMBER 14-15 SIR NASHVILLE.
We will all have a MERRY METAL CHRISTMAS TOGETHER!!

My love to all and to my good friends at GIBSON, I’ve only just begun… to shredd!!

VINNIE VINCENT
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Gibson again? I can't fathom what Vinnie and Gibson could have in common as it would be such a radical departure unless Vinnie wants to start using a LP.

Good to hear the show will be on regardless of most anything, it can only be good for all announced events to go ahead, to build fan confidence.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

No Robert is 100 percent not doing it.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Amazing jeff two months ago was saying he would never work with Vinnie and then vv announcing him before he had asked him is so typical..why do that? You can see how things work in vv camp announce before asking . He did it with Robert in 2011 when he said he was re recording asg with him without ever asking Robert
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

And Wilkie himself was slamming Robert after dropping out of the carmine appice show saying vv kicked him out for not being the singer he was. And Robert has seen all that stuff
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Gibson people are not reading that. The Gibson thing is some sort of tease to the fans but it ain't happening unless Gibson are making vv a guitar but I see no commercial reason..
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Same old thing telling his south American fans he dreams of playing there. Been saying that since 2010.
What happened to the Australian thing he was going to announce?
Bye Bye
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

Genebaby wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:59 pm Gibson again? I can't fathom what Vinnie and Gibson could have in common as it would be such a radical departure unless Vinnie wants to start using a LP.

Good to hear the show will be on regardless of most anything, it can only be good for all announced events to go ahead, to build fan confidence.
I saw a photo recently (last month or two) of Vinnie holding a Les Paul at the Gibson Factory, and the person posting it referred to it as Vinnie’s LP. Great shot, so who knows what they are up to. Wonder if they might be making a Gibson Flying VVV? That’s a serious question, not a hint. I have no clue.
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

doublev2 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:42 pm Amazing jeff two months ago was saying he would never work with Vinnie and then vv announcing him before he had asked him is so typical..why do that? You can see how things work in vv camp announce before asking . He did it with Robert in 2011 when he said he was re recording asg with him without ever asking Robert
I have first hand knowledge of how the idea to perform a show w/Jeff originated. It wasn’t my idea, but I guess you could say something I shared at the Bash “inspired” the idea, so I had a hand in it. At this time of course, the Christmas bash hadn’t been announced, and I regret they missed each other’s calls and that Jeff isn’t available during that time.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

No reputable vocalist will work with vv.. especially not after the humiliation that Robert and the other guy Carmine brought in had to go through and the comments about mark Slaughter from Vinnie are disgraceful when actually most people loved mark on asg and Mark went on to sell more records than all vinnies kiss and vvi sales combined. Look at the reviews of ASG at the time all loved Mark. Mark was kid and not even a pro singer at the time and pulled off a led Zeppelin meets AC DC thing which is an amazing achievement for someone who didn't really consider themselves a vocalist. Mark also said nothing but good things about Vinnie until the recent disgraceful comments which comes mainly out of huge jealousy from Vinnie. Robert on the other hand has said non stop negative things about Vinnie yet Vinnie seems to be ok again.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

What Vinnie should call this event is..

_Pay me to act like your friend for two days and while your at it tell me that I'm your hero Christmas bash'

That said it's a good event for people who want to pay to feel like they are friends with vv and part of a thug like tribe'

If vv wants respect put out new music and not the archives or stuff we already heard .

But folks it ain't never going to happen
Bye Bye
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

Robert has not said non-stop negative things about Vinnie. He’s also said a few very supportive things around the Graceland time, including that he was “quite sure” that Vinnie was still capable of shredding.

But this talk of which singers will/won’t perform is a speculative non-topic.

The Christmas show will go on regardless. I will be there.
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

:lol: Btw, aren’t you (doublev) one of the ones who said we were fools for spending money on the Birthday Bash because it wasn’t going to happen?
teej

Post by teej »

Who would have thought? Me and Dino in agreement lol
We will make monkies of these monkies

One time owner of the first ever Monster VVV, and one time owner of the Origional series Jackson VVV
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

He has not said non stop stuff but he has gone on record in interviews many times' and he also went on record saying vv never asked him to re record asg when vv made an official announcement in around 2010/2011.

It's not speculation that Robert is not going to perform. I spoke to him.
RipRokken wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:49 pm Robert has not said non-stop negative things about Vinnie. He’s also said a few very supportive things around the Graceland time, including that he was “quite sure” that Vinnie was still capable of shredding.

But this talk of which singers will/won’t perform is a speculative non-topic.

The Christmas show will go on regardless. I will be there.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

No not me. But I would have been a fool myself to risk my money in my opinion even though I would never go to an event like that anyway. I would go to a gig though. . Itt's not a concert it's a meet and greet. He's proven he shows up to signing events mostly . Just saying I would never risk hard earned money on the guy and even if he shows up most of the time he has burned bridges . I am not saying you are fool only you can determine that and I understand that paying to have vv as your friend then acting like you are kind of a fan spokesperson is your thing so that's a perfect event for you. I think actually you are the perfect Vinnie fan so actually it's a great success. But it ain't why I like Vinnie. His music was my childhood and I will tell you this, I traveled a lot on my early teens moving from city to city as my dad worked for the American government and very very few people in especially 1987, 1988 and 1989 even knew who Vinnie was and I used to get a lot of stuck from death metal fans etc about being so crazy for his music.

I think this is great for people like you and I can not applaud you and vinnie for supply and demand for this. But I am in it for music not to meet c list stars.
RipRokken wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:51 pm :lol: Btw, aren’t you (doublev) one of the ones who said we were fools for spending money on the Birthday Bash because it wasn’t going to happen?
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Because I live in Glasgow now. Hehe
teej wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:52 pm Who would have thought? Me and Dino in agreement lol
Bye Bye
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

doublev2 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:29 pm No not me.
RipRokken wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:51 pm :lol: Btw, aren’t you (doublev) one of the ones who said we were fools for spending money on the Birthday Bash because it wasn’t going to happen?
Ahh, my bad if I got that wrong. I remember some post about (paraphrased from memory) throwing good money after bad, or people who make the same mistake over and over again. Thought it was from you.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Just worry about yourself then we will all be cool.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Rip are you the next Wilkie? Willie , I mean wilkie better watch his back or he will end up like randy trying to a book publishing deal
Bye Bye
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

doublev2 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:22 am Rip are you the next Wilkie? Willie , I mean wilkie better watch his back or he will end up like randy trying to a book publishing deal
No, I'm just a fan. I couldn't do what Steve does. A great successful event under the belt, and another one coming.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

This waa the old anouncement that vv next asked Robert about http://es.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/New ... -2011.aspx
Bye Bye
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

Wilkie went on a massive blocking spree when he took over the Full Shredd facebook group, so a good chunk of VV's fans are blocked from even PMing him to buy tickets. I know personally I was booted from the group, then blocked, even though I literally never posted a single comment in that group other than the picture I got with Vinnie in Atlanta. The same can be said for many other people. I don't know how he thinks anyone is going to purchase tickets when we can't even message the guy. They should just post the paypal address on Vinnie's website and let whoever wants tickets buy one. Enough with all the secretive facebook bullshit
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

Do you want to come to the show?
metatron

Post by metatron »

ZachAttack wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:41 pm Wilkie went on a massive blocking spree when he took over the Full Shredd facebook group, so a good chunk of VV's fans are blocked from even PMing him to buy tickets. I know personally I was booted from the group, then blocked, even though I literally never posted a single comment in that group other than the picture I got with Vinnie in Atlanta. The same can be said for many other people. I don't know how he thinks anyone is going to purchase tickets when we can't even message the guy. They should just post the paypal address on Vinnie's website and let whoever wants tickets buy one. Enough with all the secretive facebook bullshit
Agreed, paypal is the way to go. Protects all parties.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Does PayPal protect an event 4 months from now? I didn't think so. Sending a PayPal Steven Wilkie as a so called hater I would expect no entry and no refund
Bye Bye
metatron

Post by metatron »

doublev2 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:57 am Does PayPal protect an event 4 months from now? I didn't think so. Sending a PayPal Steven Wilkie as a so called hater I would expect no entry and no refund
Good point, 4 months down the track. more than probable Null &Void or at least a massive hasel on getting a refund.
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

Great song! One of my favorite RATT songs. :)

Your purchase will be safe. Safer than buying thru Derek for sure. Speedball Jamm was done the same way via PayPal. When it cancelled, everyone was refunded immediately. But the Christmas bash will not be cancelled.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

The last Ratt song from the original time, and one of their best, I absolutely love it, though Robin was not really involved.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

As much as I respect rip rokken you would have to pay me 2000 dollars to listen to him talk like he is team Vinnie Vincent representative for a few hours never mind 2 days. So 500 bucks to Vinnie then 2000 to me so I should make a profit of 1500 bucks if I ever went to this event. Which I never would just talking.

Only joking rip but to be honest there is a sense of stepford wives v morman baptism about the type of people going and running these events
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Not everyone and no not after 4 months . They won't refund after 4 months. Show me the fine print please rip rokken.
RipRokken wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:11 am Great song! One of my favorite RATT songs. :)

Your purchase will be safe. Safer than buying thru Derek for sure. Speedball Jamm was done the same way via PayPal. When it cancelled, everyone was refunded immediately. But the Christmas bash will not be cancelled.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

There is also the deadline of October 5 for payment, which seems a little strange.
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

If deadline for payment is October 5th, and the event is in December, how is that 4 months again? Even if somebody paid September 1st, they’d be fine, right?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It looks like Paypal provides 180 days of coverage, so plenty. If it was three months then September 1 would only go until the end of November, but that is moot. As long as you don't pay as a friend or family member.

I do think the very early closing date of October 5 is interesting. Seems like it could have been pushed out until some time in December?

I guess we can see how it sells and go from there.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

So you send a PayPal to who? Steven Wilkie? And then if vv cancels your getting back money from Steven Wilkie BUT THERE IS NO AD , WEBSITE, CONTRACT or anything. So you say to PayPal 2 months ago I gave a dude who on FB says pay me for a vv meet and great but vv cancelled it via some guys on a private FB page and now I need my money back...

COME ON!!!! you guys are nut jobs thinking that will be an easy refund.

Also let me tell you this when vv feels he's had enough of Wilkie he will be hung out to dry and probably have a huge refund issue on his hands.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Anybody who purchases a ticket good luck but you must be ready to lose the cash. If you are not good luck to you but no sympathy from me.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I can see it now. PayPal complaints...err well I sent a guy on a private FB some money for a gathering that's only advertised by word of mouth on a private FB . The guy that was supposed to be at the meet and greet cancelled so I need to get my money back from the guy that said there was a meet and great.. and now he's saying he never said there would be a meet and greet etc..

Jeez ... If rip rokken has any logic to his so called safe PayPal that's fine but to me this is close to just putting your credit card details online
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

And like I said vv's attitude takes no prisoners and he will eventually throw Wilkie under the bus and blame him for it.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

And then rip rokken gets the gig like he is looking for.
Bye Bye
drmoorejr

Post by drmoorejr »

Looks like you’ been replying to yourself. Why are people in this forum if they are not interested in Vinnie making a comeback? It sure seems like you could find better places to spend time then a forum of someone you obviously do not like? Any hobbies?
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I'm a huge Vinnie fan since I was 7 years old in 1982. Anyone will tell you that my life as a kid was vv. I cried the day I heard vvi split up. So there you go. I chimed in on the risk element which you can take or leave. I am only stating the obvious
Bye Bye
drmoorejr

Post by drmoorejr »

Have you given up or do you have at least a little hope that this could work? An artist comeback is not much different that economic outcomes, both require optimism to be positive. In this case optimistic view would result in taking a chance and that in itself makes a comeback possible. Afterall it does take money to do anything