VINNIE VINCENT'S Merry Metal Christmas

News and information from 2018 onwards
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: VINNIE VINCENT'S Merry Metal Christmas

Post by Genebaby »

This sort of thing does get really old really fast.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

aeroflott wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:54 am Talking of Christmas, you can now celebrate the festive season by purchasing your very own guitar ornament signed by none other than Vinnie himself. These are the Christmas ornaments from the White Tree on the stage of the Merry Metal Christmas show. According to the VV Euphoria Group on Facebook, they are priced at $100 for the regular ones, and $200 for the ones with more detail.

I wish I was joking.

It's great to see Vinnie back and I really am a big fan of his work, but this kind of activity really does leave a sour taste in the mouth.

oh that's really cheap lol ! I saw he was selling his old boots for 1 k, what's next ? His underwear ?
Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne blessent mon coeur d'une langueur monotone. Tout suffocant et blême, quand sonne l'heure, je me souviens des jours anciens et je pleure.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

White korina flying v is not Vinnie's guitar.
Bye Bye
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

Is this the right way JACKSON is writen on their guitars ? Looks not the same for me, but maybe it's just me
Attachments
79969823_1029154644103340_768827540012793856_n.jpg
Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne blessent mon coeur d'une langueur monotone. Tout suffocant et blême, quand sonne l'heure, je me souviens des jours anciens et je pleure.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

It's a smaller version of the real thing

LUDIVINE wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:26 am Is this the right way JACKSON is writen on their guitars ? Looks not the same for me, but maybe it's just me
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Actually, I'm not sure what it is. Minions don't have Floyds on them, there aren't small scale Floyds, not that I'm aware, an not that Jackson produce as a guitar.

This may be something fan made?
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

Thanks for your replies about the Jackon guitar VV is holding. Merry Christmas from FRANCE
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Merry Xmas from Australia!
Lars5150

Post by Lars5150 »

That is a real Jackson vvv. It used to have a black Jackson floyd type bridge. This guitar can in fact have a 24/75 inch scale neck instead of the usual 25/5, not sure of it though.
It now has an original non finetuner floyd rose.
This is the guitar that had white tape on it and only a bridge pickup as seen in older photos! 😊
diamondave22

Post by diamondave22 »

Merry Christmas to all the VVFF'ers around the world!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Yeah that is the “tape” VVV. It does oddly look smaller in that picture? At least the front P/U was installed better than the other VVV.

Merry Christmas to all.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That explains it, but it all looks so small, it's confusing.
drmoorejr

Post by drmoorejr »

LUDIVINE wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:11 am
oh that's really cheap lol ! I saw he was selling his old boots for 1 k, what's next ? His underwear ?
You should learn to fuck yourself... No one cares what you think. Your life sucks and this is clearly obvious as you spend all your time here bashing Vinnie.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Hey, that's not called for dude. Vinnie may well end up selling his undies to fans in the future. Heaps of chicks are doing just this very thing all the time. I just hope the price is more reasonable.
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

drmoorejr wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:30 pm
LUDIVINE wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:11 am
You should learn to fuck yourself... No one cares what you think. Your life sucks and this is clearly obvious as you spend all your time here bashing Vinnie.
Your life sucks as you spend all your time attending all his events to get attention David J. Moore and being agressive in all the forums
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

drmoorejr wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:30 pmYou should learn to fuck yourself... No one cares what you think. Your life sucks and this is clearly obvious as you spend all your time here bashing Vinnie.
With the greatest of respect, you want to talk about fucking people over? Don't you think that selling small wooden signed Christmas tree ornaments for $100 or $200 doesn't show a certain amount of "fuck you" to Vinnie's own fans? I just about get "making them available" to people as a memento of the day, but charging this sort of crazy money for them?

If Vinnie thinks posting this stuff up for sale in the first place, and then pricing them at $100+ each, is doing anyone a favour, including himself, he's mistaken. I would go as far to argue that it smacks of taking advantage of misguided fans. I refuse to rationally believe that anyone of sound mind would willingly hand over a hundred bucks for a wooden trinket.

As fans of Vinnie Vincent (which I'm sure 99% of people posting here actually are despite what you might believe), I think we have every right to post this nonsense up on a board that is provided for us to discuss all things to do with the artist in question.

Show me any other artist doing anything remotely comparable to this sort of thing. It needs to be called out, and I sincerely believe it is being called out for all the right reasons; not just to "bash" Vinnie. I don't care who the artist might be, it's bad business and it's fundamentally wrong on many levels.

As an aside, I am sitting here listening to Euphoria. I love this guy as an artist, and I love the fact that he's back. I don't like what his comeback has become and I don't like the advice he seems to be receiving - these Christmas ornaments speak volumes in that regard. It's just very sad that he is muddying his legacy by pulling this sort of stunt.

If I'm missing something here, please let me know.
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

Great post aeroflot
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, great post. Well done.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

They are handing money over to please Vinnie to get his attention and approval. It's a gross situation.
I'm cool with a gig situation where I don't have to see these people kissing ass and slagging off ex VVI members or telling people he played great when no one I've ever heard has said they liked speedball Jamm or the reh video shreds and that's what Vinnie did at best but I believe he didn't even come close to that.. but watching a bunch of people fight for attention of Vinnie like they did on the old forums and now in SIR Nashville and handing over a lot of cash is not anything I want to see. And these people know nothing about his music it appears. They are basically kiss hangers on and I assure you they know nothing about treasure but will kiss some more ass and hand over a couple of grand to get some twisted approval from vv.
Mike from whatever podcast he is from can't even deliver sound and is a mystery killer.

At one time this kind of music was for outcasts and renegades , now it appears it's for the painfully ordinary
Bye Bye
metatron

Post by metatron »

Awesome post aeroflott
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Dino, your post 'for the painfully ordinary' pretty much sums it.
Someone should do a cover of Not For The Innocent but change it to
'for the painfully ordinary'
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Detroit

Post by Detroit »

Thank you for the updates, stories etc Rip, Poserboy and others.

Question for Poserboy: in DGP you said something like Vinnie didn't play as he used to play. So how did he play? I couldn't make out everything you said. Is he still as technical as he used to be? Is he still as clever & musical? Please elaborate. Thanks in advance.
Only the truth can set you free
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

It appears he played scales with no melody. Basically a show of speed. I don't think it proves he can't play with melody just what he did at the event. Maybe like the reh video shred or speedball jam sort of thing. That's what I think I heard but I am very well known for not totally understanding poserboy
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

You got it right Dino.

Buckshot means he was playing all over the place, no direction, just notes.

My question is, if you can play with melody and purpose, why wouldn't you? Something recognisable for the fans. That's at least what I would have wanted to see.

Vinnie is probably putting most of his time into selling stolen guitars,v so that may explain his lack of prowess on the guitar.
Detroit

Post by Detroit »

^^ Thanks guys! My impression was that his playing was somewhat pointles. Maybe it was? Curious to hear it my self but I gues that will never happend.

Merry 2020!
Only the truth can set you free
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

The way things are headed it looks like the number of people who will hear Vinnie play this year (it's 2020 in Australia now) will not be a very large number.

No Maracana Stadium, just a handful of people at a handful of events.

Merry 2020!
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

What is the deal with these people who show up to these events, who none of us have ever heard of (never posted here or any of the old forums, never seen in the FB groups) , and then are extremely aggressive and confrontational after the event is over?

The same thing happened at the last event, some guy with long gray hair (I forget his name - he posted a few angry YouTube videos) who none of us have ever heard of, and he just goes off on everyone. I asked in one of those FB groups "what was Vinnie's big announcement?" and he responded with "none of your business, go fuck yourself ASSHOLE!" and he talked like that to EVERYONE! He acted like he and the peoe who attended were the only ones worthy to even discuss Vinnie. The guy was out of his mind.

Where the hell do these people come from?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

From the little we have seen of an event, they do seem to be a bit off, gesturing to the world that we suck, taking part in bashing the other VVI members, and saying such stupid things as they will be singing better than Mark Slaughter.

It all does seem a bit Stockholm syndrome like, before, during and after.

It does seem that most attending are "newer", not well known fans, which Vinnie does seem to attract, and this time the timing was right for them to be able to express their devotion through buying a ticket to one of these events.

Crazy events that are not helping Vinnie's career one iota, so the comeback has stalled completely at the moment, just shy of two years on.

I never thought we'd see the likes of Atlanta '18, but after Atalanta, I didn't think we'd be in this situation, but I guess I should have known better and expected the worst.
VVnoSHOW

Post by VVnoSHOW »

The fans he is attracting right now seem to be the people who think the 500 bucks they are dropping is essentially making them part of Vinnie's inner circle. Hey if that is the impression you want to impart for a quarterly fee of $500.00 then more power to you VV. I am sure the first time a regular cant make it they will be guilted and ignored until they re-tithe to their god.

I like VVI, but man the person, VV, is not nice to his fans.
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

I'm not going to get into any discussion on how Vinnie handles his career or business....but I will tell you this, for the last 2 years I've gone to "Chiller" in New Jersey.... Vinnie was more than gracious allowing me to hang out for a few hours each time and actually gave me (4) autographed pictures and (4) T-Shirts for FREE, so your a bit wrong for him not being nice to his fans !
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

That’s true, he seems to be really nice at these events. But maybe he should watch this and get some inspiration to correct AZG and boxsets situations
39560857-2EAA-4426-91F2-4E6F95091668.jpeg
say two sky two say fare
VVnoSHOW

Post by VVnoSHOW »

BigEd wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:11 am I'm not going to get into any discussion on how Vinnie handles his career or business....but I will tell you this, for the last 2 years I've gone to "Chiller" in New Jersey.... Vinnie was more than gracious allowing me to hang out for a few hours each time and actually gave me (4) autographed pictures and (4) T-Shirts for FREE, so your a bit wrong for him not being nice to his fans !
You have your impression I have mine. But being polite to a paying customer is also different from being nice to your fans.

VV still owes a lot of people box sets from 2 decades ago that paid and are expecting a product. IMO, not nice.

VV had several shows cancelled in 2017 and 2018, lots of people bought tickets and fought to get the money back, some could not. Myself included booked travel and hotels we were stuck with for last minute cancellations. Did he apologize? No he passed blame. Maybe it was Derek's fault, but dont walk away with no remorse, these are fans of VV not Derek Christopher
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

Genebaby wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:57 pm From the little we have seen of an event, they do seem to be a bit off, gesturing to the world that we suck, taking part in bashing the other VVI members, and saying such stupid things as they will be singing better than Mark Slaughter.

It does seem that most attending are "newer", not well known fans, which Vinnie does seem to attract, and this time the timing was right for them to be able to express their devotion through buying a ticket to one of these events.

Crazy events that are not helping Vinnie's career one iota, so the comeback has stalled completely at the moment, just shy of two years on.

I never thought we'd see the likes of Atlanta '18, but after Atalanta, I didn't think we'd be in this situation, but I guess I should have known better and expected the worst.
Have to agree with much of this. The official Facebook groups are just not comfortable places to be for the average fan, and judging by the videos posted of the Metal Christmas event, I don't think that's something I'd want to be a part of either. I've not seen anything like it. Just a weird vibe all round - like you say 'Stockholm Syndrome' comes to mind.

Couple that with the money being charged to either engage with Vinnie in some way, or even just to purchase merch - it's a real shame.

It is what it is I suppose. It seems to me that things are done this way in order to make V feel comfortable. Are these live events a viable long term business model? Time will tell, but I can't imagine even the most die-hard fan going to more than one or two of them.

Where is the boxset? I would have thought that should have taken priority over everything else.
diamondave22

Post by diamondave22 »

@aeroflott - Here's a link to an update with a nice picture of the box, no word on the timeline of the actual contents yet...

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/vinnie-vincent-box-set/

Maybe there will be a Groundhog Day Gathering Bash accepting deposits to fund said project.
How many people here are already owed one or two of these?
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

aeroflott wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:47 pm
Genebaby wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:57 pm From the little we have seen of an event, they do seem to be a bit off, gesturing to the world that we suck, taking part in bashing the other VVI members, and saying such stupid things as they will be singing better than Mark Slaughter.

Have to agree with much of this. The official Facebook groups are just not comfortable places to be for the average fan, and judging by the videos posted of the Metal Christmas event, I don't think that's something I'd want to be a part of either. I've not seen anything like it. Just a weird vibe all round - like you say 'Stockholm Syndrome' comes to mind.

Couple that with the money being charged to either engage with Vinnie in some way, or even just to purchase merch - it's a real shame.

It is what it is I suppose. It seems to me that things are done this way in order to make V feel comfortable. Are these live events a viable long term business model? Time will tell, but I can't imagine even the most die-hard fan going to more than one or two of them.

Where is the boxset? I would have thought that should have taken priority over everything else.

I saw one video where that guy was doing karaoke and screaming "GIVE ME MORE FUCKIN WINE, VINNIE TELL HER TO GIVE ME MORE WINE" ...and supposedly there is some little kid there who wanted to go to this thing for his birthday? These people are nuts. I actually wanted to go to this event the people who attend are what turn me off to the idea. I can't imagine being stuck in a room for 2 days with these people
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

ZachAttack wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:31 amI saw one video where that guy was doing karaoke and screaming "GIVE ME MORE FUCKIN WINE, VINNIE TELL HER TO GIVE ME MORE WINE" ...and supposedly there is some little kid there who wanted to go to this thing for his birthday? These people are nuts. I actually wanted to go to this event the people who attend are what turn me off to the idea. I can't imagine being stuck in a room for 2 days with these people
Yup. Exactly this.
BengalWACO

Post by BengalWACO »

Rip Rokken was bringing us information often. I haven't seen him often. The story the guy told earlier about a guy singing a song and saying he was better than VV members was hilarious. Especially after watching said song. BUT, on the other hand, who am I to criticize these people are having a good time for the 500 bucks they shell out for this event. Rock and Roll in the end.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Fair point BW.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(