Birthday Bash — HELL YES, Vinnie can still SHREDD!!!

News and information from 2018 onwards
RipRokken

Re: Birthday Bash — HELL YES, Vinnie can still SHREDD!!!

Post by RipRokken »

KISSFAQ wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:24 am Jeff Scott Soto was there?
Julian? Just joined your board today and am sorry I missed meeting you at Rock N Pod. Yes, the coincidences on the Stones River room had us howling with laughs at each new development. I got to tell Vinnie that story on stage with him, lol.

JSS is a friend of mine and I’d sent him the request around noon. Perfect timing as I got the greeting shortly after Vinnie mentioned working with Jeff.
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

Andre LaBelle also signed a birthday card for Vinnie. :)
Detroit

Post by Detroit »

Thanks for the stories. Keep em coming😊
Only the truth can set you free
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

You're welcome. I'm afraid after wasting precious brain cells in a thread on KISSFAQ, I'm going to take a bit of a break, lol. I'm supposed to do a little interview tomorrow to talk a bit about the Bash. But holy crap the trolls are out in full force. Bunch of idiots...
metatron

Post by metatron »

LUDIVINE wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:25 am
shramiac wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:19 am Obviously a fake but....I did burst out laughing, I’ll admit.
Kudos to who did that.

Now a video of the real thing, would be much cooler!
Thanks for your reply. Not sure videos were allowed at the bash.
I really don't understand the whole Secret, 'no video recording allowed' of VV playing.
Anyone who knows anything about KISS, about the whole Hair Metal era has seen footage of VV playing.
What is the big deal with not showing the world your gift.
I don't get it.
Pretty Childish.
I think the whole way this bash was executed and the exclusion process in regards to certain die hard fans (Even when they tried to make alternative arrangements to pay at the door) has really cemented a certain someones fate.
Hope your proud of yourselves.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
metatron

Post by metatron »

BTW, this is when it was cool.
NOT 30+ years later with ZERO substance to back it
Attachments
d513f8dc91a4e203348d5282a2fc6227.jpg
d513f8dc91a4e203348d5282a2fc6227.jpg (64.15 KiB) Viewed 5723 times
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

metatron wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:39 am
LUDIVINE wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:25 am
shramiac wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:19 am Obviously a fake but....I did burst out laughing, I’ll admit.
Kudos to who did that.

Now a video of the real thing, would be much cooler!
Thanks for your reply. Not sure videos were allowed at the bash.
I really don't understand the whole Secret, 'no video recording allowed' of VV playing.
Anyone who knows anything about KISS, about the whole Hair Metal era has seen footage of VV playing.
What is the big deal with not showing the world your gift.
I don't get it.
Pretty Childish.
I think the whole way this bash was executed and the exclusion process in regards to certain die hard fans (Even when they tried to make alternative arrangements to pay at the door) has really cemented a certain someones fate.
Hope your proud of yourselves.

We've addressed this several times, in several places, and I don't have the energy tonight to combat any more willful ignorance from people who choose not to accept our very simple and understandable explanations. I mean, the level and intensity of it is staggering.

Nothing personal man...
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Hey there Rip, yes i've seen what's happening at FAQ, but i think V is creating this, no one believes anything because he created, i think most fans wants him to play btw what was the cool memorabilia on display? Thanks
metatron

Post by metatron »

Why post Photos, but not 5 secs of playing???
It's pretty easy.
Either there is evidence to back the claims
and then it is YES, VV played.
OR
No Evidence and VV did not play.
This isn't super superposition quantum mechanics starring the legendary Schrödinger's Cat.
This is Binary Crap. On/Off, Black/White, Played/Didn't Play, Swallow/Split, Fuck/Tease.
Not Rocket Science here. Just facts.
Attachments
believe.gif
believe.gif (26.75 KiB) Viewed 5676 times
ChucknNorris

Post by ChucknNorris »

So can ANYBODY tell us how many people where at this thing? Thanks!
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

Streetbeat wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:51 ambtw what was the cool memorabilia on display? Thanks

Some was brought by Vinnie, and a few things by others by fans. Many pieces of memorabilia worn or used on KISS and VVI album covers or in VVI videos — you’d probably recognize them pretty quickly. I’ve detailed a few of them on KISSFAQ.
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

Nice little review here:

RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

metatron wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:39 amI think the whole way this bash was executed and the exclusion process in regards to certain die hard fans

Hey, Metatron...

I’ve had some zzz’s now and realized I’d missed part of your post. I guess I was done and tuned out after “pretty childish”, but that part deserves a proper response, even though I understand it won’t be satisfying to many.

I felt terrible about this happening and also feel some responsibility because I’d encouraged him not to abort his trip even though we both knew he had already been told he couldn’t pay at the door. Part was because I knew he had a solid Plan B and part was hoping I could work my magic and make it happen, but we both knew there was no guarantee.

Let me tell you my experience with this guy. He is the nicest, coolest dude, and I could hang and chat with him for hours (and we did over those two days). Such a well meaning and knowledgeable fan, and I loved not only hearing his experiences, but also getting to know him as a person. He is truly class A in my book.

I tried 3-4 times as respectfully as possible to persuade for an exception to be made, especially after having met him. I was unable to get that done and I’ve apologized to him profusely for how things didn’t work out for him and still feel badly over it. There was just a point where if I’d pushed any further it could have jeopardized my standing with the event (I was a first-timer and nobody had yet met me in person), and he understands that. Now I’m just really hoping he’ll hang on as a fan until the next time, because I can’t see any reason he wouldn’t be able to go. This truly was the only downer on the trip for me, and especially for him. I REALLY wish this had worked out for him.

As regrettable as it is, I want to be fair to the organizers and say that especially after the event wrapped up and the staff at SIR Studios was shooing us out the door 40 minutes past closing time, I understood the hardline stance on not allowing people to pay at the door. Multiple people had offered to do this (in advance, not knocking on the door with money in hand) and all had been turned down, so he wasn’t singled out, and definitely wasn’t “blacklisted”. If it had been allowed there would have been no easy way to gauge and prepare for the number of attendees, which ended up being pretty critical. With the number we had, we still ran 40 minutes over. The signing was done last and there were still 5 in line when SIR told us we had to wrap it up — several people scrambled to help pack and load while Vinnie took care of everyone left in line.

I wasn’t in Atlanta but from what I’ve read, Vinnie really takes his time with fans. And I saw that firsthand... wow, what a sweet, truly caring guy who took the time to get to know the people he didn’t know well. Heck, I introduced myself with my real name and he grinned and said, “You’re John Clayton!” I was surprised he knew my real name already and made that association.

So the keeping the numbers under control ended up being critical to the experience of the other attendees, and also to help with other logistical concerns.

Another word about the organizer, who everyone knows was Stephen Wilkie. Dude... this guy is a rock star, and he worked his tail off with Vinnie to make this happen. He was already tapped out beyond capacity when he arrived in town and soldiered thru the next day with Vinnie to ensure it was special for everyone. I know that he didn’t finally get to rest until much later that morning, maybe grabbed 1-2 hours of sleep, then still came down to tell others goodbye. I wasn’t in his shoes and just cannot... will not... question his decisions on the numbers allowed. It makes me sad to see others question his trustability and I can tell you from many months of experience, Steve has delivered everything he’s ever promised me, made sure every purchase went thru smoothly, and been a straight-up, no BS type of guy. It’s no wonder Vinnie trusts him, too.

If we could roll back the clock a few weeks, it’s very possible things could have turned out differently for our other friend here. To him, I respect any decision he makes, but really hope he will continue to stay and keep the fire burning for Vinnie because I’m sure things will work out next time. I’ve also expressed concern to him if my thread here might pour salt in the wounds and apologize if it has. I picked VVFF to share info about the Bash with first, and wanted to deliver on that.

Metatron — peace, and I apologize to you for the snappy response.
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

aeroflott wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:04 pm Nice little review here:

Thanks for sharing! Excited to see he did this and will watch it tonight. Very nice guy!
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Did you like the unreleased music that he play? Would love to know what was his KISS memorabilia
metatron

Post by metatron »

RipRokken wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:31 pm
metatron wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:39 amI think the whole way this bash was executed and the exclusion process in regards to certain die hard fans

Hey, Metatron...

I’ve had some zzz’s now and realized I’d missed part of your post. I guess I was done and tuned out after “pretty childish”, but that part deserves a proper response, even though I understand it won’t be satisfying to many.

I felt terrible about this happening and also feel some responsibility because I’d encouraged him not to abort his trip even though we both knew he had already been told he couldn’t pay at the door. Part was because I knew he had a solid Plan B and part was hoping I could work my magic and make it happen, but we both knew there was no guarantee.

Let me tell you my experience with this guy. He is the nicest, coolest dude, and I could hang and chat with him for hours (and we did over those two days). Such a well meaning and knowledgeable fan, and I loved not only hearing his experiences, but also getting to know him as a person. He is truly class A in my book.

I tried 3-4 times as respectfully as possible to persuade for an exception to be made, especially after having met him. I was unable to get that done and I’ve apologized to him profusely for how things didn’t work out for him and still feel badly over it. There was just a point where if I’d pushed any further it could have jeopardized my standing with the event (I was a first-timer and nobody had yet met me in person), and he understands that. Now I’m just really hoping he’ll hang on as a fan until the next time, because I can’t see any reason he wouldn’t be able to go. This truly was the only downer on the trip for me, and especially for him. I REALLY wish this had worked out for him.

As regrettable as it is, I want to be fair to the organizers and say that especially after the event wrapped up and the staff at SIR Studios was shooing us out the door 40 minutes past closing time, I understood the hardline stance on not allowing people to pay at the door. Multiple people had offered to do this (in advance, not knocking on the door with money in hand) and all had been turned down, so he wasn’t singled out, and definitely wasn’t “blacklisted”. If it had been allowed there would have been no easy way to gauge and prepare for the number of attendees, which ended up being pretty critical. With the number we had, we still ran 40 minutes over. The signing was done last and there were still 5 in line when SIR told us we had to wrap it up — several people scrambled to help pack and load while Vinnie took care of everyone left in line.

I wasn’t in Atlanta but from what I’ve read, Vinnie really takes his time with fans. And I saw that firsthand... wow, what a sweet, truly caring guy who took the time to get to know the people he didn’t know well. Heck, I introduced myself with my real name and he grinned and said, “You’re John Clayton!” I was surprised he knew my real name already and made that association.

So the keeping the numbers under control ended up being critical to the experience of the other attendees, and also to help with other logistical concerns.

Another word about the organizer, who everyone knows was Stephen Wilkie. Dude... this guy is a rock star, and he worked his tail off with Vinnie to make this happen. He was already tapped out beyond capacity when he arrived in town and soldiered thru the next day with Vinnie to ensure it was special for everyone. I know that he didn’t finally get to rest until much later that morning, maybe grabbed 1-2 hours of sleep, then still came down to tell others goodbye. I wasn’t in his shoes and just cannot... will not... question his decisions on the numbers allowed. It makes me sad to see others question his trustability and I can tell you from many months of experience, Steve has delivered everything he’s ever promised me, made sure every purchase went thru smoothly, and been a straight-up, no BS type of guy. It’s no wonder Vinnie trusts him, too.

If we could roll back the clock a few weeks, it’s very possible things could have turned out differently for our other friend here. To him, I respect any decision he makes, but really hope he will continue to stay and keep the fire burning for Vinnie because I’m sure things will work out next time. I’ve also expressed concern to him if my thread here might pour salt in the wounds and apologize if it has. I picked VVFF to share info about the Bash with first, and wanted to deliver on that.

Metatron — peace, and I apologize to you for the snappy response.
All Good. Thank you for the in-depth reply. Peace to you too.
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Thanks for taking the time to reply with so many details Rip!
ChucknNorris

Post by ChucknNorris »

So, nobody knows how many people attended this thing?
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

You guys are welcome, and honestly, I didn’t count the number myself. I believe it was somewhere between 20-25 people. Just enough of us to really have a party and not crowd out the room too much. Those nearly 6 hours flew by quickly.
drmoorejr

Post by drmoorejr »

RipRokken wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:24 am You guys are welcome, and honestly, I didn’t count the number myself. I believe it was somewhere between 20-25 people. Just enough of us to really have a party and not crowd out the room too much. Those nearly 6 hours flew by quickly.
closer to upper 30's. There were people that were not in our travel group there just before you and I arrived.
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

drmoorejr wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:42 am
RipRokken wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:24 am You guys are welcome, and honestly, I didn’t count the number myself. I believe it was somewhere between 20-25 people. Just enough of us to really have a party and not crowd out the room too much. Those nearly 6 hours flew by quickly.
closer to upper 30's. There were people that were not in our travel group there just before you and I arrived.

You’re probably right David, and I certainly didn’t count. I’m not good with visual number estimates, which is why I’ve never won one of those “How many jellybeans in the jar” contests. :lol:
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Oh yeah, I totally forgot, were unreleased songs played? Those ones we've been wondering about for a long time?
Commander in chief - VVF Army
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

metatron wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:35 pm This isn't super superposition quantum mechanics starring the legendary Schrödinger's Cat.
Well it kind of is. Since it was a private party and nothing from this is going to be released, enquiring minds better carry on as if nothing happened at all.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

RipRokken wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:25 am Andre LaBelle also signed a birthday card for Vinnie. :)
Vinnie doesn't care for la belle so thats an interesting one and la belles good friend mike weeks had a run in with vv as well as Robert.

Vinnie is always nice to people at first or to their face but fades off dramatically. The people helping vv will all get booted sooner or later and they all know it.

As for the event. To be an amazing guitar player and hide it is a weird one.

This whole thing is am event for people to meet a hero I guess so success on that level but as a music event it's a non event.
Bye Bye
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

drmoorejr wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:42 amcloser to upper 30's. There were people that were not in our travel group there just before you and I arrived.

I just confirmed the numbers and David was closer than I. We had a group of 30 (the target), plus there were some industry VIP’s there.
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

doublev2 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:05 am Vinnie doesn't care for la belle so thats an interesting one and la belles good friend mike weeks had a run in with vv as well as Robert.

Not that I could tell. I sat with Andre at his booth for several minutes and he was nothing but positive about Vinnie when I mentioned him, and happy to sign the card. Plus, he gave me three free CD’s of various projects he worked on. I tried to pay him but he wouldn’t take the money, lol. Vinnie lit up when I handed him the card and told him it was from Andre.

Robert said some very nice things about Vinnie on FB at some point (after?) Graceland was cancelled, including that he was quite sure Vinnie could still play guitar.
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

Genebaby wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:21 am Oh yeah, I totally forgot, were unreleased songs played? Those ones we've been wondering about for a long time?

Vic, this is the god’s honest truth, lol... Vinnie had bags full of masters with him (some can be seen up in pics I took), and right after he greeted us he asked if we wanted to hear some music? He went to the sound station and popped in one disc and we started jamming. Then we started mingling, and after a bit he asked if he could play for us a second time (and did), then we mingled more and did some Q&A. He mentioned again that he had lots of unreleased music with him and we honestly just never got back around to them. Everyone was having such a great time asking him questions, the clock flew by and we realized it was around 10:45 and we hadn’t done autographs yet — we had the place until midnight, then ran over until about 12:40am.

But nobody really even mentioned it later, we were on such a high. Plus, we realize there will be another opportunity. I do wish I could tell you about those 2 songs. David may have more knowledge of the first set of songs played, but I guess I kinda filtered out what was going on in the background.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

OMG, if I was there I would have been listening to all the songs, on constant rotation, at least as background music to the whole thing.

Good to hear relations between Andre and Vinnie are good.
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

Genebaby wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:35 pm OMG, if I was there I would have been listening to all the songs, on constant rotation, at least as background music to the whole thing.

Good to hear relations between Andre and Vinnie are good.

I forgot to mention that he also said some very nice things about Mike Weeks.
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

Three of us now have done videos or interviews about the Birthday Bash. For your enjoyment... :D

RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

drmoorejr

Post by drmoorejr »

doublev2 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:05 am
RipRokken wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:25 am Andre LaBelle also signed a birthday card for Vinnie. :)
Vinnie doesn't care for la belle so thats an interesting one and la belles good friend mike weeks had a run in with vv as well as Robert.

Vinnie is always nice to people at first or to their face but fades off dramatically. The people helping vv will all get booted sooner or later and they all know it.

As for the event. To be an amazing guitar player and hide it is a weird one.

This whole thing is am event for people to meet a hero I guess so success on that level but as a music event it's a non event.
Not True. Vinnie and any artist knows its the fans that get them there. As Vinnie said "He doesn't have to prove anything" to the doubters that chose not to come to his event(s). Those of us that were there got more than we paid for.
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Thanks for the videos!
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

Genebaby wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:35 pm OMG, if I was there I would have been listening to all the songs, on constant rotation, at least as background music to the whole thing.
We gotta get you and others out to the next one. You can handle the song requests. :D
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

Streetbeat wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:55 pm Thanks for the videos!

Most welcome! And thanks to VVFF for being so cool. I never anticipated what it would be like to piss off 95% of the KISS ARMY, lol. It’s like getting hit with a tsunami, but I’m adjusting.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
drmoorejr

Post by drmoorejr »

The KISS Army should be happy, not pissed off...
CptnRuski

Post by CptnRuski »

Oh man! Thank you so much for these videos! I keep saying it, but I’m so happy this thing seemed to be such a blast for everyone involved. I really hope Vinnie does more events like this in the future!!!
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

drmoorejr wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:51 am The KISS Army should be happy, not pissed off...

Ya’d think, right??? :roll:
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

CptnRuski wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:31 am Oh man! Thank you so much for these videos! I keep saying it, but I’m so happy this thing seemed to be such a blast for everyone involved. I really hope Vinnie does more events like this in the future!!!

Stay tuned (no pun intended) for an announcement any day now. There were 2 reps from Gibson Guitars at the Birthday Bash, too.
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

All or this... totally unexpected and amazing!
Thanks Riprokken!
say two sky two say fare
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Vinnie and Gibson, now that's not something I could have foreseen.

I'd love to be at an event, but I have a distance problem.... sadly. Maybe one day.
zoid2323

Post by zoid2323 »

drmoorejr wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:51 am The KISS Army should be happy, not pissed off...
Very true, I was honestly blown away by the bash! I went in with zero expectations. Just wanted to shake his hand and thank him for writing some really kick ass KISS tunes. A lot of them are still being played on the Farewell tour.
zoid2323

Post by zoid2323 »

RipRokken wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:19 am Zoid!!! So nice to meet you last night.
You too brother! It was a pretty damn good Saturday night lol
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

tukoztukoz wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:37 am All or this... totally unexpected and amazing!
Thanks Riprokken!
You’re welcome. :) Figured I needed to finally bring something to the table for Beano. :lol: :lol: :lol:
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Professional fans we have here. Professional attention seekers. Sorry this shit ain't interesting. Vinnie wants people who worship him aka groupies.

Nothing against any of you just not my cup of tea.

Vinnie did a rant about Andre just like slaughter said he was riding his coat tails and that he was just a hired hand for demos and would never have been in a vv band etc.

If music or real live show happens all good but a groupie gathering where people desperate to hang with a bully ain't my interest
Bye Bye
VikingVVFan

Post by VikingVVFan »

Clearly he didn't talk only about food.
What did he say about the three new albums?
And the Kiss rehearsals album?
Box set?
Book?
Tour?
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

VikingVVFan wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:05 am Clearly he didn't talk only about food.
Box set?
Book?
Tour?

Not trying to give you the run around on this one, but my memory is weak on some of the details. I believe he actually touched on all those things, except I can’t specifically remember anything about the KISS rehearsals album (and don’t know much about that beyond seeing occasional mentions).

I don’t want to get the answers wrong, but David might remember a little better. Best I can probably say is he has 3 albums worth of material (or 3 albums in the can). Most else is still in the works, including the book and VV Archives box set. On touring, he said he is ready to get out there and play, and will play anywhere that is interested. Some ideas were tossed around right there, including interest in maybe doing a show with Jeff Scott Soto. Lots of ideas.
Detroit

Post by Detroit »

What a shitstorm in FAQ! Talking about nutjobs!
Only the truth can set you free
DaBonadono

Post by DaBonadono »

RipRokken wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:03 am
VikingVVFan wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:05 am Clearly he didn't talk only about food.
Box set?
Book?
Tour?

Not trying to give you the run around on this one, but my memory is weak on some of the details. I believe he actually touched on all those things, except I can’t specifically remember anything about the KISS rehearsals album (and don’t know much about that beyond seeing occasional mentions).

I don’t want to get the answers wrong, but David might remember a little better. Best I can probably say is he has 3 albums worth of material (or 3 albums in the can). Most else is still in the works, including the book and VV Archives box set. On touring, he said he is ready to get out there and play, and will play anywhere that is interested. Some ideas were tossed around right there, including interest in maybe doing a show with Jeff Scott Soto. Lots of ideas.
A show with Jeff Scott Soto? WOW!! I find that to be incredible news! I think that collaboration would be absolutely perfect!