VV Birthday Jamm?

News and information from 2018 onwards
BengalWACO

Re: VV Birthday Jamm?

Post by BengalWACO »

poserboy71 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:31 am
BengalWACO wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:00 am
poserboy71 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:07 am Hmmm...
Same person causing trouble but... LET FREEDOM ROCK !
Poserboy71, if you are referring to me you couldn't be more wrong. If you aren't I apologize. That being said I cannot wait to see Vinnie play again. I have only been able to see him online but each time I was so happy to see him doing what he was doing. I hope their can be video of him at Birthday Bash! Rock and Roll
With 11 posts , Im not sure it's possible to start, be in the middle of, or finish any kind of trouble.
Ot wasn't aimed at you.
Amazed you thought it was.

As for Vinnie playing, I doubt he will release any footage of the B-Day Bash.
It devalues the event for the folks who paid top dollar.
Ok. About the Birthday event. Some people don't have that kind of money and the second best thing would be to have footage shot by either a phone or what not. Have a nice day and thank you for the prompt affirmation.

Also, I don't post much because I usually lurk... just thought I would like to clarify myself. Have a nice day once again.

WTC
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Well, firstly, let's see if this event goes ahead, and then see what happens afterwards.

We might get footage, but we don't know. It's up to Vinnie.

It would be great to get some footage but that might not be part of the plan.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Devalues?? Are you sure. Rick any positive footage doesn't devalue anything. This is a ridiculous statement
Poserboy71, if you are referring to me you couldn't be more wrong. If you aren't I apologize. That being said I cannot wait to see Vinnie play again. I have only been able to see him online but each time I was so happy to see him doing what he was doing. I hope their can be video of him at Birthday Bash! Rock and Roll
With 11 posts , Im not sure it's possible to start, be in the middle of, or finish any kind of trouble.
Ot wasn't aimed at you.

Bye Bye
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

You know... I’d previously seen that last video greeting to the VVFF from Vinnie and the positive response it got. I didn’t want to mention anything when I joined, but I was intending to see if I might be able to get another shout out done for you guys. That should have entirely been within the easy realm of possibility.

And now people are hoping they see some video from the Bash. I have to be honest... several here, with all respect including you Genebaby, haven’t missed an opportunity to throw more shade at Vinnie. Like, I say one thing about looking forward to Guitarmageddon (who wouldn’t want it to be released?!?), and more shade... I’m sorry, but negative speculation falls outside the realm of truth and is just personal opinion. After a while of repetition, it just becomes browbeating. I’m all for free speech though, if you’re willing to own it. 8)

Like Poserboy71 indicated, the needless negativity hurts everyone in the end. Me personally, I’m not seeing any reason AT ALL to follow thru with my original thought. I doubt anyone else attending would make that request or even attempt to record any part of the Bash on video. So it’s probably safe to tuck that wish away. Ok, carry on! :lol:
BengalWACO

Post by BengalWACO »

Genebaby wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:46 am Well, firstly, let's see if this event goes ahead, and then see what happens afterwards.

We might get footage, but we don't know. It's up to Vinnie.

It would be great to get some footage but that might not be part of the plan.
Thank you. I sure hope it happens. Any Video would surely be a positive. When I was able to see Vinnie at these events with Gene, with his makeup playing with the band LIU and Cold Gin, Q and A in Atlanta I believe... It was great. He is pretty charming and seem VERY sincere and nice. I was just hoping for what fans of Kiss, Vinnie... and hell Rock and Roll want... To see him doing ok and having fun playing music again. If he doesn't want to play music anymore I just hope he is doing ok as a human being. I think it scares some of us to know he is reclusive... Bottom line what is good for him is all good.. I know this is a huge mixed message, but I think we just want what is best.

WTC
BengalWACO

Post by BengalWACO »

doublev2 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:18 pm Devalues?? Are you sure. Rick any positive footage doesn't devalue anything. This is a ridiculous statement
Ot wasn't aimed at you.

doublev2 I would have to very much agree with you. Any footage of Vinnie would be a huge positive. People will see that he is appearing at events again and will build up even more interest for people on the fence whether they can part with their HARD EARNED dollars to chance a meeting. Can only be positive. You are so correct in my opinion.

WTC
BengalWACO

Post by BengalWACO »

RipRokken wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:21 pm You know... I’d previously seen that last video greeting to the VVFF from Vinnie and the positive response it got. I didn’t want to mention anything when I joined, but I was intending to see if I might be able to get another shout out done for you guys. That should have entirely been within the easy realm of possibility.

And now people are hoping they see some video from the Bash. I have to be honest... several here, with all respect including you Genebaby, haven’t missed an opportunity to throw more shade at Vinnie. Like, I say one thing about looking forward to Guitarmageddon (who wouldn’t want it to be released?!?), and more shade... I’m sorry, but negative speculation falls outside the realm of truth and is just personal opinion. After a while of repetition, it just becomes browbeating. I’m all for free speech though, if you’re willing to own it. 8)

Like Poserboy71 indicated, the needless negativity hurts everyone in the end. Me personally, I’m not seeing any reason AT ALL to follow thru with my original thought. I doubt anyone else attending would make that request or even attempt to record any part of the Bash on video. So it’s probably safe to tuck that wish away. Ok, carry on! :lol:
Do what you may. The bottom line is this, for every one fan that is allegedly "brow beating" and saying negative things about Vinnie and his past (in which we ALL have a past and we have to live and deal with it), there are many folks like myself and about 99.99% of the other fans who don't hold any negativity or ill will towards Vinnie and would love to just be able to witness him doing well. It is the closed minded folks who are feeling as if they are against the world in which has no ill will toward that individual. I am in a band, I mention Vinnie and my belief that his skill was very underrated and I even "steal" some of his riffs (even though I am lead singer and rhythm guitarist by choice). I love Vinnies contribution to rock and roll and don't wish any ill will towards him but it appears, even so, that I am lumped in with the haters. To me, this isn't a pissing contest, it is just for fun. Rock and Roll, Rockabilly, Country, etc. are all fun for me as I wouldn't play them.. Within my recent flurry of posts and tangents, I think if you come here for Vinnie chat you are obviously a great fan. You are taking time out of your day, job or no job, to talk about an individual who has had a certain extend of influence on you musically, personally or what not. EVEN to those who are upset and complaining, they do so because they care and I admire that. So... Long live Rock and Roll.... and to everyone here Keep on Rocking!!! All Systems Go!! yadda yadda plus tax. LOL

WTC
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

BengalWACO — Great stuff, man — nice to hear the positivity with reasoned perspective. You should come party with us. :)
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Rip, you cannot deny that Vinnie has been a dissapointment since his comeback began.

There have been lies, blame shifting and nasty remarks about others. This is Vinnie's shade, he is living in these shadows, they are of his creation.

I'm not one to gloss over the bad stuff, it's there and is as relevant as the good. This is not the Vinnie can do no wrong forum, it's a place, like any other, where people talk, and there is not always only good stuff to talk about. Vinnie doesn't need yes-men, he needs reality and the truth.

Vinnie's promises of new music, the box set, visiting Australia? Lies and missed opportunities.

Vinnie's blaming everyone else, promoters, other band members for his failed shows? Even Carmine Appice has told us what Vinnie said is lies.

Vinnie lives in eternal shade these days, but it started out nice. Yes, he was charming and sincere, but even then he was shitting on the other VVI members, save Robert. How charming! Then it went downhill.

We are all for this birthday bash happening. Sure, it's weird how it has been organised and promoted. It's weird that it is at the same place as another well known event, and this is another time when Vinnie has lied about what happened in conjunction with that event and his. It's sad, but there is always hope.

Support Vinnie at his birthday event, but don't kiss his ass like he can't, and hasn't, done anything wrong. That's not healthy for him, or the people concerned.

So I'll throw Vinnie some shade, hoping that he'll make it out into the sun again. It's what a true fan/friend would do. Everyone else is keeping him in the shade.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Dino,
Why would anyone pay $300 to film it then give it away to people who aren't there ?
If I paid $300, it would devalue the experience if Vinnie posted things for free online.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

So, if you paid $300 to see KISS you'd be bummed that they released the concert you were at for everyone to buy for $30?

Let's hope that the Alice Cooper concert that was filmed, which VVI opened for, don't release that footage, lest all the fans who paid good 80's $$$ get pissed that we all get to see what they did. :wink:

See where this is heading?
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Genebaby wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:14 am So, if you paid $300 to see KISS you'd be bummed that they released the concert you were at for everyone to buy for $30?

Let's hope that the Alice Cooper concert that was filmed, which VVI opened for, don't release that footage, lest all the fans who paid good 80's $$$ get pissed that we all get to see what they did. :wink:

There's a bit of a difference with said events.

For instance, if I was at that VVI show, then had the opportunity to purchase a pro-quality video for close to the same amount I paid for the ticket... YES. You want one too? AWESOME !!!!

If I paid top dollar and then some bozo got pro-footage for free...lol

NEWBEGINNINGS
BengalWACO

Post by BengalWACO »

RipRokken wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:39 am BengalWACO — Great stuff, man — nice to hear the positivity with reasoned perspective. You should come party with us. :)
Would love to. I am only 165 miles away from the location. That being said, I have financial constraints. Rock on!

WTC
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Well if it's private music etc that vv doesn't want out then that's one thing. But look at the vault. That's was filmed and great exposure. I don't believe this will happen so I'm not too worried about wasting energy talking about it and even if it does happen it appears to be a public appearance or private public appearance and that's not that interesting either.
poserboy71 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:03 am Dino,
Why would anyone pay $300 to film it then give it away to people who aren't there ?
If I paid $300, it would devalue the experience if Vinnie posted things for free online.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

So you would have been pissed with gene at the vault. Come on this is adding to vv's 'you don't get anything free from me' .. it's an absolutely twisted mindset

poserboy71 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:06 pm
Genebaby wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:14 am So, if you paid $300 to see KISS you'd be bummed that they released the concert you were at for everyone to buy for $30?

There's a bit of a difference with said events.

For instance, if I was at that VVI show, then had the opportunity to purchase a pro-quality video for close to the same amount I paid for the ticket... YES. You want one too? AWESOME !!!!

If I paid top dollar and then some bozo got pro-footage for free...lol
Bye Bye
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

BengalWACO wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:08 pm Would love to. I am only 165 miles away from the location. That being said, I have financial constraints. Rock on!

WTC

Sorry to hear you can’t make this one, brother! Next time for sure! :D
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev2 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:49 pm Well if it's private music etc that vv doesn't want out then that's one thing. But look at the vault. That's was filmed and great exposure. I don't believe this will happen so I'm not too worried about wasting energy talking about it and even if it does happen it appears to be a public appearance or private public appearance and that's not that interesting either.
poserboy71 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:03 am Dino,
You made a great example with The Gene Simmons' Vault.
I woud've felt cheated if I was there and the event was on video and given away for free.
At least you received a vault with special items but...

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I would have felt like errrr errrrr errr I don't know
Bye Bye
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

Less than 2 weeks away... I’m about to go birthday card shopping. :D

Thank you all for helping make this the biggest VVFW thread since Atlanta. :D
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, it's getting close. Hopefully this goes ahead smoothly and everyone has a good time.
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

Genebaby wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:48 am Yes, it's getting close. Hopefully this goes ahead smoothly and everyone has a good time.

Thank you, Genebaby! Very kind.
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

Video - great. No video, but the event happens - great.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Attachments
Vinnie May.mp3
(7.14 MiB) Downloaded 46 times
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

He's not playing a gig that he has to rehearse for so more likely he will show up.
Bye Bye
diamondave22

Post by diamondave22 »

Stay tuned for news and event details!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

We're always ready for news!! Bring it on!
metatron

Post by metatron »

diamondave22 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:09 pm Stay tuned for news and event details!
Can't wait for news and event details!
I'm holding on with bated breath.
Good luck to VV and the party goers.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

10 days away...
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It's the Final Countdown! 10....
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

7.... I gotta get laundry done this week and start packing.
diamondave22

Post by diamondave22 »

RipRokken, have you received any updates since the 7/7 post? Can you confirm pricing is $300 and if tickets are still available? "Official" website still says "Stay tuned for news and event details!" and no updates on the closed FB group that I'm aware of since July 7th. :?
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

Hey, DiamondDave — yes, I’m getting updates on a daily basis. If you’re interested in coming shoot me a PM and I can get you in touch with the organizer. I can guarantee it’s happening, and we should be able to fit a few more in.
BengalWACO

Post by BengalWACO »

RipRokken wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:39 pm
BengalWACO wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:08 pm Would love to. I am only 165 miles away from the location. That being said, I have financial constraints. Rock on!

WTC

Sorry to hear you can’t make this one, brother! Next time for sure! :D
For sure, my fathers side of the family is from Franklin (outside of Nashville)... Rock and Roll!!
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

Ok, I know people are looking for some info. Here’s as much as I can tell you. First, like I said before, this is going to be a super unique event for Vinnie and fans — pretty much a birthday party (birthday cards welcome, lol) but with several things mixed in that any VV fan is going to crap their pants for missing out on. Beats any meet and greet I’ve ever attended for damn sure. Just Vinnie and fans hanging out together and mingling with lots of goodies, like seeing some classic memorabilia including the pink blouse from the first VVI album or the one-of-a-kind Ibanez VVV guitar from the “Love Kills” video.

Fans are also invited to bring their own merch to trade with each other, and one item I know will be there for sale is an exact reproduction of the brass Ankh pendant Vinnie wore on the Creatures tour — only 100 have been produced, with signed, numbered certificates. I’ve seen pics, and the Ankhs and COA’s are freaking beautiful (these will be available after the Bash, too). If that’s not enough, we’re going to be jamming on some of Vinnie’s personal high-quality masters, including, yes.... “Brainsaw” and “Cockteazer”, among others. So yes, understandably recording the event is not permitted. :) Hard to believe it’s just 6 days away.
VikingVVFan

Post by VikingVVFan »

"we’re going to be jamming on some of Vinnie’s personal high-quality masters.."
We? Will Vinnie play?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That sounds pretty awesome. The guitars, the music, I would want to be there, but it will have to be in spirit, from the other side of the world.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

VikingVVFan wrote:"we’re going to be jamming on some of Vinnie’s personal high-quality masters.."
We? Will Vinnie play?
I read that to mean the songs will be playing, and they will be listening to them, the high quality master of the songs.

If Vinnie was playing he wouldn't have mentioned high quality masters.
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

Genebaby wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:31 am
VikingVVFan wrote:"we’re going to be jamming on some of Vinnie’s personal high-quality masters.."
We? Will Vinnie play?
I read that to mean the songs will be playing, and they will be listening to them, the high quality master of the songs.

If Vinnie was playing he wouldn't have mentioned high quality masters.

Genebaby, correct on the masters and sorry if that was unclear — I meant that “we” (fans) will be jamming in the headbanging sense, not in the band sense, lol. But who knows what could happen — it’s a party! :D Thanks for the well wishes re: the event too — would love to have you there.
diamondave22

Post by diamondave22 »

It all sounds great and I really hope it happens for your sake Rip but it's a shame that event information can't/won't be presented in a professional manner. We're a week out and his "official" website still says "Stay tuned for news and event details!" and there is no straight forward way to buy tickets. Sorry but this secret closed FB group PayPal receipt business model doesn't work for me especially given past cancellations. Also, since Vinnie supposedly lurks here I would like to speak to him directly: a year and a half ago you doubled down on your "labor of love" 20 year project known as the Vinnie Vincent Archives with a promise of 2 copies and a personal gift to all previous customers and admitted that this is the root cause of people not believing in you anymore. Truer words have never been spoken and I was suckered once again into believing that it was finally going to happen so the 7/7/19 announcement that you have decided to suspend completion of the VVA due to the "tidal wave of cancerous hate groups" is pretty much a total cop out.

Lastly, I would like to say that the moderators of the VVFF are quick to delete/boot anything/anyone that even comes close to internet bullying unlike most of the other forums and "hate groups" as you put it. I don't know how many members the VVFF there are but I would say that this is without a doubt the most VV friendly forum on the internet and is certainly the one of the best places if not the best to announce and share news and information on appearances, events, releases, etc.
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

Hey, DiamondDave — I appreciate the thoughts, and I’ve pretty much answered what I can on the promotion aspect earlier in this thread. This one is just a different kind of happening, and keeping things lower key has had great results. Even with just putting the poster out there, people have been photoshopping and making negative memes with it. Not here in VVFF, sure, but this is just not designed to be a big promotion so why throw more out there for the other sites to pick apart, honestly. Ya know? We already have a great group of folks coming that are packing up and heading that way pretty soon. All good people, super nice, offering to help the event if needed, help each other, etc. There’s a building excitement leading up to it and I anticipate an afterglow that will last for a while like a nice, smooth buzz.

I totally understand anyone choosing to wait and see what happens with this one. I’m only talking about it publicly here, and will be happy to share what I can afterwards.

I figure at this point and with everything I’ve posted so far, anyone else interested in coming has had a chance to reach out for more details privately. They still can if they’d like to but time is slipping away quickly.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I guess it is what it is, and I do hope it goes ahead, and especially hope that fans do get to hear the songs mentioned, that would be pretty cool.

Diamond Dave is correct that Vinnie made a great statement regarding the box sets, and taking it back, especially for the reason mentioned, is extremely poor form. Everyone misses out because of the actions of a few? Do these people matter more to Vinnie than his fans? Why do they get the win and everyone else loses?

Either way, hoping to hear how it went.
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

Thanks again, Vic.

Just my opinion and not seem dismissive of anyone’s personal feelings or experiences, but if fans could give Vinnie one truly meaningful gift for his birthday, I’d love it to be grace and a full pardon over something that didn’t happen nearly a quarter of a century ago and may have been an albatross on the soul ever since. None of us know the reasons for sure why that went south, or what unexpected obstacles or challenges might have crept up. All of us have probably made the mistake of promising things we couldn’t easily deliver, yet each time fully intending on doing so (raising my own hand high on that one — I can’t make any judgments there).
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

Post by strangeways »

Genebaby wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:25 am Rip, you cannot deny that Vinnie has been a dissapointment since his comeback began.

There have been lies, blame shifting and nasty remarks about others. This is Vinnie's shade, he is living in these shadows, they are of his creation.

I'm not one to gloss over the bad stuff, it's there and is as relevant as the good. This is not the Vinnie can do no wrong forum, it's a place, like any other, where people talk, and there is not always only good stuff to talk about. Vinnie doesn't need yes-men, he needs reality and the truth.

Vinnie's promises of new music, the box set, visiting Australia? Lies and missed opportunities.

Vinnie's blaming everyone else, promoters, other band members for his failed shows? Even Carmine Appice has told us what Vinnie said is lies.

Vinnie lives in eternal shade these days, but it started out nice. Yes, he was charming and sincere, but even then he was shitting on the other VVI members, save Robert. How charming! Then it went downhill.

We are all for this birthday bash happening. Sure, it's weird how it has been organised and promoted. It's weird that it is at the same place as another well known event, and this is another time when Vinnie has lied about what happened in conjunction with that event and his. It's sad, but there is always hope.

Support Vinnie at his birthday event, but don't kiss his ass like he can't, and hasn't, done anything wrong. That's not healthy for him, or the people concerned.

So I'll throw Vinnie some shade, hoping that he'll make it out into the sun again. It's what a true fan/friend would do. Everyone else is keeping him in the shade.

Well said!
I for sure hope this birthday bash happens and is done right for those that are going.
After nearly getting scammed out of 300.00 + dollars last time out I am most certainly passing on this one.
I DO hope that it goes of well though and that this is the beginning of Vinnie getting things right for the fans that do come out for him.
I would love nothing more than for him to get it all together and rise from the ashes of the mess that is his own creation.
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me
drmoorejr

Post by drmoorejr »

RipRokken4Life wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:26 am
ChucknNorris wrote:Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:06 am Ok Vinnie. Ok....

:lol: :lol: :lol: ME Vinnie?

What does your middle “n” stand for, Chuck?
HA HA!
drmoorejr

Post by drmoorejr »

RipRokken wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:19 am Hey, DiamondDave — yes, I’m getting updates on a daily basis. If you’re interested in coming shoot me a PM and I can get you in touch with the organizer. I can guarantee it’s happening, and we should be able to fit a few more in.
Still space available, but is almost at capacity.

Yes it’s going to be a fun event, I’ve waited for something like this for 30 years. Anyone interested can contact the event organizer. (And no it’s not me).
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

drmoorejr wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:34 am
RipRokken wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:19 am Hey, DiamondDave — yes, I’m getting updates on a daily basis. If you’re interested in coming shoot me a PM and I can get you in touch with the organizer. I can guarantee it’s happening, and we should be able to fit a few more in.
Still space available, but is almost at capacity.

Yes it’s going to be a fun event, I’ve waited for something like this for 30 years. Anyone interested can contact the event organizer. (And no it’s not me).

David my friend, also looking forward to meeting you this weekend! So much good news, so many cool things planned... If I’m not mistaken (and anyone please feel free to correct me if I am), I think this will be the first VINNIE VINCENT-only fan event, unlike a KISS convention w/Vinnie as the main guest. And we’ll be able to look back and say we were there.

I’m seeing a lot of sincere birthday wishes posted here and around the web and it makes me smile.
:D
pullitt

Post by pullitt »

I'll be so damn happy for everybody when this or pretty much any VV thing happens.
SimonBFrostSr

Post by SimonBFrostSr »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VINNIE VINCENT!
drmoorejr

Post by drmoorejr »

SimonBFrostSr wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:25 pm HAPPY BIRTHDAY VINNIE VINCENT!
8) Vinnie is still a bad ass!