VV Birthday Jamm?

News and information from 2018 onwards
LUDIVINE

Re: VV Birthday Jamm?

Post by LUDIVINE »

doublev2 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:22 pm The weird thing he is demanding to what he calls the last few true fans to pay upfront to go to his birthday. If he cancels and if they ask him for a refund they will be booted and classed as the crazy fans. It reads to me as if this is one last ditch attempt to rip off more fans. All those guys are worried to say the wrong thing anyway and now they will be worried to ask for a refund. My guess it they don't buy tickets they also stand the risk of being booted and classed as crazy fans. Caught between a rock and a hard place .
I agree 100 %. I don't know what are the payment conditions to attend. No paypal this time. But i couldn't care less because I am already categorized as untrue fan lol
Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne blessent mon coeur d'une langueur monotone. Tout suffocant et blême, quand sonne l'heure, je me souviens des jours anciens et je pleure.
RipRokken4Life

Post by RipRokken4Life »

Y'all suit yourselves... more cake for me! :D
ChucknNorris

Post by ChucknNorris »

Ok Vinnie. Ok....
RipRokken4Life

Post by RipRokken4Life »

ChucknNorris wrote:Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:06 am Ok Vinnie. Ok....

:lol: :lol: :lol: ME Vinnie?

What does your middle “n” stand for, Chuck?
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

One Memphis show, two Nashville shows and a michigan show cancelled along with at least one appearance canceled. I would say this bash is another cancelled even but at least no tickets to refund.
Bye Bye
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

doublev2 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:44 pm One Memphis show, two Nashville shows and a michigan show cancelled along with at least one appearance canceled. I would say this bash is another cancelled even but at least no tickets to refund.
Ask Riprokken, as he is going to the bash, how he paid to attend. You have to pay to attend the birthday bash, how IDK. So if the show is cancelled some refunds will have to be done.
Les sanglots longs des violons de l'automne blessent mon coeur d'une langueur monotone. Tout suffocant et blême, quand sonne l'heure, je me souviens des jours anciens et je pleure.
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

I believe things will occur as scheduled for the Bash. I proceed with confidence. :D
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

RipRokken wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:05 am I believe things will occur as scheduled for the Bash. I proceed with confidence. :D
So you're are part of VV's secret groups then. Only people in there are his true fans and allowed to go the the bash.
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

I don’t think that is the case. It’s posted on his public website. I noticed people talking about it and made contact. If someone really wants to go and plans to have a great time, I’m guessing they would have the same shot.
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

RipRokken wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:25 am I don’t think that is the case. It’s posted on his public website. I noticed people talking about it and made contact. If someone really wants to go and plans to have a great time, I’m guessing they would have the same shot.
you mean his merch website right ? VinnieVincent.com
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

LUDIVINE wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:30 am you mean his merch website right ? VinnieVincent.com
The same site that was reported oflline in the big thread. :lol:
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

RipRokken wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:05 am
LUDIVINE wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:30 am you mean his merch website right ? VinnieVincent.com
The same site that was reported oflline in the big thread. :lol:
HONEYCUTTZ ? NO, his official website then
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

Nooooo, no no, lol. The official website. I forgot ChucknNorris started that thread. :D
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

RipRokken wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:31 am Nooooo, no no, lol. The official website. I forgot ChucknNorris started that thread. :D
YES, his official website. I know about it.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

RipRokken wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:25 am I don’t think that is the case. It’s posted on his public website. I noticed people talking about it and made contact. If someone really wants to go and plans to have a great time, I’m guessing they would have the same shot.
Absolutely 100% , MOST folks are welcome to attend.
I happily can say that Vinnie doesn't really consider The VVFF the internet haters that we were once accused of.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

Thank you Genebaby for your message. And thanks you also for replying to my question about the privacy.
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

poserboy71 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:57 am Absolutely 100% , MOST folks are welcome to attend.
I happily can say that Vinnie doesn't really consider The VVFF the internet haters that we were once accused of.
You should come if you don’t already have plans to. You’d definitely be welcome there.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Welcome to what ?? What is going on at this bash haha.
Bye Bye
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

doublev2 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:37 am Welcome to what ?? What is going on at this bash haha.

Lol... not that specific use of the word. :lol: :lol: :lol:
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

poserboy71 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:57 am Absolutely 100% , MOST folks are welcome to attend.
Just a month away now, and the positive vibe and excitement leading into this one has been amazing. It’s going to be a great group to hang out with, and I believe once it happens people who were on the fence but sat it out will regret not having been there. Anyone else want to join in the festivities?
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

RipRokken wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:08 am
Just a month away now, and the positive vibe and excitement leading into this one has been amazing. It’s going to be a great group to hang out with, and I believe once it happens people who were on the fence but sat it out will regret not having been there. Anyone else want to join in the festivities?
Where do you see excitement about that ? I don't see any. Nope nowhere. Maybe you're part of his secret fb groups. He posted a letter again yesterday to complain about the "Satanic leftist". I f this is excitement, he doesn't seem excited. He asked you to promote him ?
metatron

Post by metatron »

RipRokken wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:08 am
But it sound like the kinda party that
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

metatron wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:41 pmBut it sound like the kinda party that
Lol... No, not at all. It’s going to be amazing.
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

RipRokken wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:12 pm
Well it does sound amazing. But let's say I have 300 bucks burning a hole in my pocket. To my knowledge I've not been "booted" or blocked by the powers that be, and indeed I don't think I've ever said anything on here or elsewhere that might flag me as some sort of trouble maker. How in God's name do I buy a ticket, if I'm not party to these secret FB groups I keep hearing about? There's a very pretty looking banner that appears to be promoting this event on vv.com, which I click on and get presented with an even bigger pretty looking banner, but not much else.

There are more than two camps of Vinnie fans. There are a whole load of us who occupy the middle ground, who are passionate about all things VV, who don't get involved with the drama on one side, or the gushing sycophantic praise on the other - we just do our thing and love the music. I'd love to hand my money over and attend, but no-one seems to want to take my cash.

If VV wants to sell tickets and make the event a success, he sure is making it difficult for me to buy them.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

aeroflott wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:29 pm
RipRokken wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:12 pm
Well it does sound amazing. But let's say I have 300 bucks burning a hole in my pocket. To my knowledge I've not been "booted" or blocked by the powers that be, and indeed I don't think I've ever said anything on here or elsewhere that might flag me as some sort of trouble maker. How in God's name do I buy a ticket, if I'm not party to these secret FB groups I keep hearing about? There's a very pretty looking banner that appears to be promoting this event on vv.com, which I click on and get presented with an even bigger pretty looking banner, but not much else.

There are more than two camps of Vinnie fans. There are a whole load of us who occupy the middle ground, who are passionate about all things VV, who don't get involved with the drama on one side, or the gushing sycophantic praise on the other - we just do our thing and love the music. I'd love to hand my money over and attend, but no-one seems to want to take my cash.

If VV wants to sell tickets and make the event a success, he sure is making it difficult for me to buy them.
Very well said.

It would be nice for Vinnie and his team to officially address things here.
New Beginnings.

NEWBEGINNINGS
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

Hey, there! Great points and questions, and unfortunately I can’t answer everything as I’m not one of the organizers, but I can try to inquire and get some info back to you. I believe this is a smaller event by design, to be a special type of experience for all involved. It really is like a birthday party/fan event rolled into one. If anyone braved what I hear were hours-long waits in line in Atlanta to get a photo or autograph, it won’t be anything like that here. So if I had to guess, that is the reason not much has been released publicly yet, and I have to respect that by not sharing specifics beyond what has already been released. But I honestly can say it’s definitely not about separating or excluding sincere fans who might want to attend. If interested, feel free to drop me a PM here and I’ll be happy to see what I can do to get you in touch with the organizers. It really is a one of a kind opportunity.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Please be respectful to RipRokken.
Difficult questions can be asked if presented respectfully.
Something has to give .

I hope Vinnie and the organizers consider making an official post here though.
Make this event really legit.
How to pay ...
How long is the event ?
Do you get a swag bag of goodies ?
Personally hope to see the classic guitars, signature guitars, vintage guitars that are left ...
Possibly show a schedule of the days events...
****Put me through to Derek Christopher so he can make good on fucking me in Atlanta and Memphis/Nashville tickets, etc...

When you think about the exclusivity and costs surrounding something like this, the price isn't really outlandish.
Pay for the room, the food , the Artist...

We can be mad or we can direct our energy into making this happen and getting things going in a good direction.

If you want to complain, do so respectfully like I just did about that fucking promoter...lol

NEWBEGINNINGS
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

Poserboy71, thanks very much and I hope you are able to come. From your post I believe you would be really pleased with the event. I read back to the beginning of this thread and noticed the organizers’ names are listed. They would be able to answer any specific questions. If you don’t have a way to contact them, I can help put you in touch.

One thing I really do want to stress again to other fans, sincerely... this event is not about secret groups, “true fans”, or anything like that. It’s just about having a great time celebrating an artist we love... WITH that artist. The energy, goodwill, and spirit I’ve seen so far make me even more excited to attend.

As for keeping the details low key here or anywhere else, VVFF has a great group of fans, but it’s a publicly accessible forum so any posts with official details would go everywhere... then the Peanut Gallery starts chiming in just to take their shots on other boards, YouTube, etc, lol. There is just no way to control that. Many artists these days have gotten tired of dealing with the trolling and negativity on the Internet and social media. Several have withdrawn completely. I read the other day that Daisy Ridley from Star Wars was swearing off social media for good, literally saying it was bad for mental health. So for this one, I think the critical information will most likely remain out of the public places. Now obviously, anyone just looking for trouble wouldn’t be welcome, but that’s the case with anyone’s birthday, lol. I’m more than happy to put anyone really interested in coming in touch with the organizers who can provide details. Or feel free to reach out to them directly if you know them. I’d love to meet some people from VVFF, at this event or one in the future. :)
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

If anyone actually believes this is going to happen you have not learned anything.
And after this one is cancelled there will be another and another. Its what he does. Its about attention
Bye Bye
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

doublev2 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:02 am If anyone actually believes this is going to happen you have not learned anything.
And after this one is cancelled there will be another and another. Its what he does. Its about attention
You are so right !!!! It is so easy to understand that.
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

Nope... It’s happening. :D
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

RipRokken wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:24 am Nope... It’s happening. :D
Prove it !
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev2 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:02 am If anyone actually believes this is going to happen you have not learned anything.
Dino,
All I can say is that when you were going through your hardest times in recent years, we didn't give up on you. We may have not spoken but you were told that you were loved and if you needed anything we would be there for you.

Through a recent message, Vinnie expressed having a difficult time with things.
Why not encourage instead of tear the man down ?
Everyone knows of the cancelled gigs. We can't change that.
We can ,however, lift someone up who is questioning even trying anymore.

Agreed ?

NEWBEGINNINGS
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

RipRokken wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:35 pm Hey, there! Great points and questions, and unfortunately I can’t answer everything as I’m not one of the organizers, but I can try to inquire and get some info back to you. I believe this is a smaller event by design, to be a special type of experience for all involved. It really is like a birthday party/fan event rolled into one. If anyone braved what I hear were hours-long waits in line in Atlanta to get a photo or autograph, it won’t be anything like that here. So if I had to guess, that is the reason not much has been released publicly yet, and I have to respect that by not sharing specifics beyond what has already been released. But I honestly can say it’s definitely not about separating or excluding sincere fans who might want to attend. If interested, feel free to drop me a PM here and I’ll be happy to see what I can do to get you in touch with the organizers. It really is a one of a kind opportunity.
Thanks I'll drop you a PM.

But to address a wider point, if you hadn't offered help (which as an aside, appears to provide no guarantee of success) I'd still be in the dark and likely left disappointed. I'd really like to understand how operating in this way is helping Vinnie generate momentum, which is surely what he's looking to do. Secret groups, inner circles, pointing fingers at anyone not lucky enough to be a part of those cliques is no way to operate, and does nothing to build momentum and success. Perhaps that's what he now wants to do (which is fine of course), but hitting out at all and sundry and calling foul is no way to engage with well-meaning fans like myself.

That I'm relying on someone doing me a favour to enable me to willingly hand over my hard-earned to an artist, does make a bit of a nonsense of the whole situation.

I hope this is seen as constructive feedback, not a rant. :)
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

aeroflott wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:00 am
RipRokken wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:35 pm Hey, there! Great points and questions, and unfortunately I can’t answer everything as I’m not one of the organizers, but I can try to inquire and get some info back to you. I believe this is a smaller event by design, to be a special type of experience for all involved. It really is like a birthday party/fan event rolled into one. If anyone braved what I hear were hours-long waits in line in Atlanta to get a photo or autograph, it won’t be anything like that here. So if I had to guess, that is the reason not much has been released publicly yet, and I have to respect that by not sharing specifics beyond what has already been released. But I honestly can say it’s definitely not about separating or excluding sincere fans who might want to attend. If interested, feel free to drop me a PM here and I’ll be happy to see what I can do to get you in touch with the organizers. It really is a one of a kind opportunity.
Thanks I'll drop you a PM.

But to address a wider point, if you hadn't offered help (which as an aside, appears to provide no guarantee of success) I'd still be in the dark and likely left disappointed. I'd really like to understand how operating in this way is helping Vinnie generate momentum, which is surely what he's looking to do. Secret groups, inner circles, pointing fingers at anyone not lucky enough to be a part of those cliques is no way to operate, and does nothing to build momentum and success. Perhaps that's what he now wants to do (which is fine of course), but hitting out at all and sundry and calling foul is no way to engage with well-meaning fans like myself.

That I'm relying on someone doing me a favour to enable me to willingly hand over my hard-earned to an artist, does make a bit of a nonsense of the whole situation.

I hope this is seen as constructive feedback, not a rant. :)
Be carefull, He has no proof. This way to proceed is very unsual ! Never seen this before. But just saying.
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

I really do understand everyone’s questions about the how’s and why’s. The best answer I can give is that this event isn’t like a convention appearance or a ticketed public performance, and there isn’t any need to promote it like either of those. It was really well designed by the promoters to be small scale and not to rely on factors that could risk cancellation, and it’s going to be a blast for Vinnie and anyone who makes the trip. It’s going to be an over the top good time. Rick is making a great appeal — I love it.
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

RipRokken wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:13 am I really do understand everyone’s questions about the how’s and why’s. The best answer I can give is that this event isn’t like a convention appearance or a ticketed public performance, and there isn’t any need to promote it like either of those. It was really well designed by the promoters to be small scale and not to rely on factors that could risk cancellation, and it’s going to be a blast for Vinnie and anyone who makes the trip. It’s going to be an over the top good time. Rick is making a great appeal — I love it.
Too bad that he posted another letter to the fans yesterday, blaming them again.

You can say whatever you want, no proof, no trust. I am not worried for myself at all. The way things are handled is just insane !

Someone, from the Vinnie camp, just posted "Yes, highly unfortunate situation for everyone these days in camp Vinnie."

Not my problem anymore. I said what I had to say. People in is camp are worried, but not you !!!!
diamondave22

Post by diamondave22 »

Here's the latest from the super secret closed FB group, including more box set madness....

LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

diamondave22 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:29 pm Here's the latest from the super secret closed FB group, including more box set madness....

Thanks for posting it. This is the letter I was talking about. It's all over the internet now ! The reactions are really bad once again
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Here is what I don't understand.
If a "FAN" has nothing good to say anymore, why are you here ?

Vinnie has admitted having a difficult time with the interactions. Why push him?
Are you here to say, "I told you so !"
No one here really needs a PSA of warning from anyone else.

The one thing I wish Vinnie would do is stop responding to people who have nothing good to offer.
We have said it many times here. STOP READING ALL OF THE THINGS THAT HURT YOU !
Count your blessings and build on them.

Nope, I'm not eating paint chips or licking any windows. I've just had enough.
If you want the man to build up his confidence to get these things done then stop the bullshit and lend your encouragement.
There will be events I can't afford. There will be merchandise I can't afford.
I can't be pissed about it.
If you don't care for the tone of his messages, support another guitarist.
You don't care anymore. Please don't ruin it for those who have waited many years for this.
There are VVFF Elder here that are bummed and keep their mouths shut just for that reason.

If I have the $300 to attend, damn right I will.
I was in Nashville a little over a week ago and I plan on being there once more this year SO...
If I cannot make it, I will be happy for everyone in attendance.

Not asking anyone to drink the Kool-Aid.
Just asking people to remember how you were raised and act accordingly.

NEWBEGINNINGS
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

' Over You' is a motherfucking great tune. PEDAL STEEL !!!!
I would love to know if he used his Dad's pedal steel on it.

NEWBEGINNINGS
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

LUDIVINE wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:34 amSomeone, from the Vinnie camp, just posted "Yes, highly unfortunate situation for everyone these days in camp Vinnie."

Not my problem anymore. I said what I had to say. People in is camp are worried, but not you !!!!
Lol, I have no clue what you are referring to and have seen no such post. No proof! :lol:
Last edited by RipRokken on Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

poserboy71 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:02 pm ' Over You' is a motherfucking great tune. PEDAL STEEL !!!!
I would love to know if he used his Dad's pedal steel on it.
That is a great question. Had no idea his dad had one. And it is most unusual to hear the pedal steel guitar right along with the shredding. We’ll have to ask him that q. It is a killer song, isn’t it?
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

RipRokken wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:18 pm
LUDIVINE wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:34 amSomeone, from the Vinnie camp, just posted "Yes, highly unfortunate situation for everyone these days in camp Vinnie."

Lol, I have no clue what you are referring to and have seen no such post. No proof! :lol:
Of course you haven't seen it, You are not where the info is. The person who posted the letter might have seen it too.
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

The only real question at this point is what is his excuse for cancelling this event going to be? My bet is that he'll somehow blame it on Chris and the Rock N Pod Expo being in the same building at the same time.
LUDIVINE

Post by LUDIVINE »

ZachAttack wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:23 pm The only real question at this point is what is his excuse for cancelling this event going to be? My bet is that he'll somehow blame it on Chris and the Rock N Pod Expo being in the same building at the same time.
He can't blame Chriss, Chriss booked the place a long time ago ! The idea of having the birthday bash in the same building, is Vinnie's idea. He will blame the fans again.
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

LUDIVINE wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:10 pmOf course you haven't seen it, You are not where the info is. The person who posted the letter might have seen it too.
Great point.I hate being on the outside! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
VikingVVFan

Post by VikingVVFan »

RipRokken wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:13 am I really do understand everyone’s questions about the how’s and why’s. The best answer I can give is that this event isn’t like a convention appearance or a ticketed public performance, and there isn’t any need to promote it like either of those. It was really well designed by the promoters to be small scale and not to rely on factors that could risk cancellation, and it’s going to be a blast for Vinnie and anyone who makes the trip. It’s going to be an over the top good time. Rick is making a great appeal — I love it.
:mrgreen:
Yes. Like they had any options.
"Do we want 5000 paying for this or do we just want 11?. Oh, let's keep it small..."

It's small because there ain't any fans left. :roll:
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

VikingVVFan wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:45 am
:mrgreen:
Yes. Like they had any options.
"Do we want 5000 paying for this or do we just want 11?. Oh, let's keep it small..."

It's small because there ain't any fans left. :roll:
Yet you're here...Viking "VV" fan. Why?

Do any of you actually look at the situation and think as to why Vinnie pulled away for so many years? How difficult it is to come back ?
He has admitted not being able to connect fully with everything that comes at someone in his position.
He is swinging for the fences and has whiffed a few times but once Vin gets his composure and finally connects...

We have witnessed him send boxes of gifts to fans (one who claims to not be a fan anymore and say they haven't opened said gifts, yet, they are here).
We have witnessed Vinnie answer hundreds/thousands of posts on his FB page tirelessly only to see people get pissed when he doesn't respond to them each time.
For some reason in my late forties, I've stayed home moreso than not because crowds freak me the fuck out anymore.
Can I be in a crowd? YES
Do I prefer smaller crowds? YES
Let him set his comfort levels.

Vinnie isn't comfortable with travel.
If he does a few special events near his home each year , it most likely means a small crowd with a price that covers expenses.
I believe he will gain whatever he needs from a few of these types of performances and eventually we might see some weekend warrior dates in the future where there might be light traveling.

To come here to just be negative doesn't help anyone.
Let's just lighten up and encourage things along.
You might finally get what you want.
Keep tearing him down and you guys fuck us all.

This isn't blind worship but blind faith won't kill you.
Peace

NEWBEGINNINGS
RipRokken

Post by RipRokken »

Well said, man.