VINNIE VINCENT LIVE SHOW IN JUNE 2019

News and information from 2018 onwards
doublev2

Re: VINNIE VINCENT LIVE SHOW IN JUNE 2019

Post by doublev2 »

100 bucks for a real gig max. $40 for a jam but now after 3 or 4 cancelled shows take 1/3 off that
Bye Bye
ChucknNorris

Post by ChucknNorris »

“Anyone who says I’m canceling is a fucking moron!” - Vinnie on Mitch Lafong 2 weeks ago.

HILARIOUS

Just be honest with everyone Vinnie. You’ll feel better.
diamondave22

Post by diamondave22 »

All Systems Dysfunctional, can't wait to see who VV blames for this mess.

“Some people are so far behind in a race that they actually believe they’re leading.”
— Junior Soprano, The Sopranos, Season 2
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

I was thinking about all this today, and musing about what you have to do to screw this whole thing up as badly as this.

So here's a guy, who:

1. Was part of one of the biggest bands in the world, and as a result has a brand name associated with himself
2. Has managed to find himself surrounded with an air of mystery (wore the make up, plucked from relative obscurity to join Kiss, disappeared for a couple of decades, lived a private life). In other words, there always been gossip and speculation associated with VV
3. Is a "character" and has pissed lots of people off over the years, creating an audience of curious rubber-neckers
4. Has a hardcore passionate fanbase prepared to walk to the ends of the earth in his defence

I'm sure there's more but you get the idea. In short, he's got something to sell, right?

And yet at this point in time, here we are some twelve months later, to find the wheels have now pretty much fallen off the whole thing.

How on earth has that happened? You would have to try really really hard to screw up what should have been the easiest comeback ever for any artist. In today's internet age where anyone can talk to the entire world on their terms, and with the reasonably good start of Atlanta, this all should have been low hanging fruit, and yet it's turned out to be a huge shitshow.

It makes me wonder if Gene's "give the guy the keys to the Kingdom and he screws up" comment was true after all. Self sabotage? It's either that, or he's just hugely incompetent (together with the people he surrounds himself with).

Vinnie should be sitting pretty at this point. The boxset should be done and shipping by now. People should be banging on his door for interviews by now. He should have several meet/greet/acoustic shows under his belt by now. The book should be in progress by now. Appearances should be booked by now from here to this time next year. Some new music should be out there by now. Some videos of him ACTUALLY PLAYING AND NOODLING AROUND ON GUITAR(S) should be out there on his personally run Facebook page by now. The Kiss camp and the rest of the metal community should be saying "we're all pleased Vinnie is back and happy" by now, instead of turning on their heels at the mention of his name. Everyone should be able to trust Vinnie and have positive things to say about him and his brand by now.

And this show? Should have sold out 5 times over by now - yes even at $300 a ticket with a capacity of just 60 people.

This all should have been so easy. Stay between the lines Vinnie and keep walking. That's how simple the last twelve months should have been to execute.

I don't say any of this to bash Vinnie. I say it as a fan, who was really looking forward to a positive comeback for the man. I was gunning for him to finally receive the retribution that the genius he showed in the 80s really deserved.

What a mess.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Troof
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Invader

Post by Invader »

Let Vinnie Vincent take over!

Sure then this happens. He is driving his own car and has his big boy pants on. Boyz gonna poop.

Oh whats next... DOTD x 10 and new shows with no shredding agqin
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Pretty good summation Aeroflott!
ChucknNorris

Post by ChucknNorris »

I knew something was not right when the first “show” was not even advertised on the Graceland Guest House Theatre schedule. And they do heavy advertising here in Memphis. I even called em, they had no idea what I was talking about. That’s when I knew all of this was a sham. I had hope, and wanted to go to Nashville show, but the red flags were many, and early. Oh well.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I think the idea was vv wanted to hire the venues as a private party then advertise the show himself with no venue involved. It's either a way to make more money , or to easily cancel or some sort of trickery. I'm not as certiain these things start out as an all out scam.
Bye Bye
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

Invader wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:40 am Let Vinnie Vincent take over!

Sure then this happens. He is driving his own car and has his big boy pants on. Boyz gonna poop.

Oh whats next... DOTD x 10 and new shows with no shredding agqin
looks like he's cancelled the upcoming DOTD in Charlotte too
metatron

Post by metatron »

@7:35 Cheap Trick - Gonna Raise Hell.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
birnie

Post by birnie »

Haha, cool vid but..

"I heard this"
"I heard that"

translation

I read 2 threads on the vvforum
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

birnie wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:25 am Haha, cool vid but..

"I heard this"
"I heard that"

translation

I read 2 threads on the vvforum
Hahah! You're right.

Ah man. Come on Vinnie. Regroup dude. Think it through and get it sorted!
VikingVVFan

Post by VikingVVFan »

So.. Next cacelled show. Where and when?

Yes, Vinnie Vincent calls me a "fucking moron" but who gives a shit?
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

metatron wrote: @7:35 Cheap Trick - Gonna Raise Hell.
I recommend that everyone watch at least " GRH -plus solos" from Cheap Trick's Chicagofest 1981 concert at Chicago's Navy Pier. Insane.
The entire concert is a commercial for the good effects of pure cocaine.

NEWBEGINNINGS
diamondave22

Post by diamondave22 »

Found this over on the KissFAQ forum attributed to the Vinnie Vincent LEGION FB closed group but it sounds like pure Vinnie spew...…

"It has been cancelled ALL ticket holders have been refunded via paypal. You can thank the level of bashing from other VV groups/forums spreading negative comments affecting this from happening ie ticket sales. From all reports, Vinnie was rehearsing and shredding up a storm......."

"Fact!.... Show was 1000% going to happen if tickets sold...Vinnie is a musician and a business man - he won't play for free nor would he pander to what people think he should do especially when the same people continue to sabotage the advertising of this event... fact! Vinnie was in rehearsals right up to the point it was evident it wasn't viable from a business point of view. I remind everyone that Vinnie is an artist, someone who doesn't need to prove jack shit to anyone. The level of animosity towards him is shameful and disgusting.....and i can only assume this was also a leading factor in the show not going forward."

"the rumour of 8 tickets being sold is a load of ABSOLUTE bullshit -Just like the idiots who put in stupid amount of ticket numbers into the cart!!! what a life they lead to even do this!... like i said however the overall viability of the show wasn't in Vinnie's best interest... it's that SIMPLE....."
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Soooo.....the show wasn't viable from a business point of view, cause Vinnie don't play for free, but that only 8 tickets sold is BS.

So which is it? Clearly not very many tickets were sold, which contributed to the cancelling of the show (apart from Vinnie not playing that well from other, unsubstantiated, reports).

So let's examine what really tanked this show?

Shall we ponder how many people let what others say influence their choice of concert? Perhaps there are some, but when there are only 60 tickets I think there is enough people in this world who will go to a show no matter what.

So I don't believe the crying about what was said by who and where, that's not going to be trouble to sell 60 tickets to millions of people. An insignificant reason.

Soooo, what could have affected sales? Perhaps the rather outlandish price, coupled with Vinnie's reputation of cancelling gigs did not inspire the masses to flock to this show, booking travel and accommodation as needed.

It also looks to me that there is not a lot of interest in "about an hour" of random jamming. Vinnie can talk it up, but nobody really cares about Speedball Jamm. Sure, I've got my autographed copy (#16, thanks Vinnie) but we only bought it because it was the only actual release in years, and to add it to our collection. It's badly recorded, edited and mastered.

I thought it wasn't that great when I first heard about it, thinking it actually was a one hour long solo. To actually get it and realise it's a bunch of solos hacked together, from different times and locations. Well, it's pretty underwhelming, but nice for the collection.

Seeing it live, well I wouldn't say no if I was in the area, but clearly there is no market for the show Vinnie was putting on, at the price it was going for.

Maybe at $50 it would have sold better, but I'm not sure on American ticket prices, the prices in Australia are much different, so I'm not too sure what people are happy to pay for a real show, let alone something like this. $300 is clearly too much though.

Vinnie absolutely does not have to pander to anywone, but so too do we not have to pander to any crap Vinnie puts out. Yeah, we did it with the Speedball Jamm CD, but I got mine really cheap, which helped.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
metatron

Post by metatron »

VV is not widely known for Speedball Jamm. He is known for his work with KISS & VVI. Not some two bit, stick the tape recorder on & jerk off for 90min noise fest. Don't get be wrong I love 'THE SHRED', but SBJ was a piece of crap. What VV did in invasion was brilliant. SBJ = forehand, backhand, juice! - Bigtime! When I first heard it I thought, Ok, someone cassette tape recorded VV warming up, mucking around & turned it into CD. Ok, I suppose for the the novelty of having like some piece of crap you get in an Eater Parade Showbag, it cool to have, but honestly how many times are you going to to listen to it. Like tapping your foot to a car crash. So to ask $300 for a live performance, apparently replicating SBJ note by note (I call bullshit on this too - As if it anyone would know the difference between VV playing SBJ, note for note to to god awful drum click machine or Jerking Off to something else) is ridiculous. $300, tell him he's dreaming! And as an artists, a businessman it is pretty much your obligation to give the Fan what they want. The things people know you for and what is iconic. Imagine Ferrari deciding, you know what I'm going to stop making these iconic cars & I'm going to start making paper weights. (cause that what SBJ pretty much is, a paperweight) - First rule of being a businessperson VV, give the people what they want - eg boxsets anyone?
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Well, whoever wrote it seems to see what they want.
The core people here still wish him well.
KissFAQ has a lot of fans and haters who tend to be cruel in what they feel.
Some people don't know how to express their truth without taking cheap shots at their target.

There were two reasons why I didn't purchase a Nashville ticket.
1.) Never got my refund from Memphis/Nashville.
Never received my full $300 purchase from Atlanta.
Derek Christopher related ...

2.) Vinnie announced a show in Michigan (Lafon interview) closer to me where travel and lodging weren't something I would lose cash on if circumstances soured.

I don't believe Vinnie would let someone speak on his behalf anymore and this wasn't an OFFICIAL STATEMENT, so, I wouldn't put too much thought towards it. The person responsible can't back up their words with evidence from Vinnie (ie.- video or written statement in blood)
Vinnie isn't a pussy. He would own his words if those were his.

The crazy fans show up anywhere they can to bash him. No forum or FB page can totally stop it.
The hardcore fans have always been here at The VVFF. Here we will remain , hoping the car gets back on the fucking road with a full tank...

...FULL SHRED AHEAD !

NEWBEGINNINGS
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Also,
Vinnie has the power to shut the haters up and not even have to say a word. It should be so easy for him to do. The personal rewards that could be achieved from video(s) of Vinnie playing would be instant. VINdication could be sweet if he so chooses to once and for all own his talents and showcase them.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Whoever wrote that post about the cancellation, you can feel the butthurt. There is no need for that, there is no fan that can scuttle a concert, and only Vinnie can save the day.

Let rover move over, show us how you can play Vinnie.

Start using your YouTube channel for good. Say hi and play.
hairmetalhaven

Post by hairmetalhaven »

What I don't understand is, if low ticket sales were a part of the cancellation, why not still do the show anyway for the people who paid $300? If tickets were only $20 and 8 people bought tickets, okay, but even if only 8 people did buy tickets, that alone would be $2,400 to the artist. This would have been a local show for Vinnie to show up, play, and pocket $2,400 minimum for the band.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

hairmetalhaven wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 11:10 pm What I don't understand is, if low ticket sales were a part of the cancellation, why not still do the show anyway for the people who paid $300? If tickets were only $20 and 8 people bought tickets, okay, but even if only 8 people did buy tickets, that alone would be $2,400 to the artist. This would have been a local show for Vinnie to show up, play, and pocket $2,400 minimum for the band.
Vinnie most likely had to pay for the venue out of sales

K
metatron

Post by metatron »

Slayer wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 12:54 am
hairmetalhaven wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 11:10 pm What I don't understand is, if low ticket sales were a part of the cancellation, why not still do the show anyway for the people who paid $300? If tickets were only $20 and 8 people bought tickets, okay, but even if only 8 people did buy tickets, that alone would be $2,400 to the artist. This would have been a local show for Vinnie to show up, play, and pocket $2,400 minimum for the band.
Vinnie most likely had to pay for the venue out of sales

K
Fuck it, if I was VV, after all the failed launches, I'd do it for free to to get ALL SYSTEM GOing again.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Vinnie can barely play the guitar that's what happened. Why he can not I don't know and it's not a shame thing. It's just if you tell people you are still able to do what you did 30 plus years ago they are going to question it.
He could have come back and said guys I'm super rusty from my depression from all the hurt over the years and no one would be shaming him. He stated this all the wrong way.
I understand he may have thought he could get upto speed when be first had the idea but obviously he couldn't.
It's about the hype beating him or himself beating himself and not about the shame of not being able to do what you hoped.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Vinnie did say in Atlanta that he couldn't do what he did when he was younger.
He said quite a few things that a lot of people gloss over... ...possibly even himself.
He said it.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Robert, like many singers these days, can't sing like he used to. This is to be expected. No shame in that.

Why is Vinnie putting unrealistic expectations on himself. All the fans want is a nice night of music with Vinnie, whatever that entails.

Going from acoustic (nice) to full shredd (ok then) to speedball jamm (what?), how did it escalate like that?

Go back to the start. Maybe play for free now. Get a run on the board.
ChucknNorris

Post by ChucknNorris »

He will announce another “show” soon. Only this time it’s 20 tickets at $600 a piece and the same 8 morons will buy that too. Then it will be cancelled. Lol.

C’mon people, clearly this is fraud. The dude can’t play anymore otherwise he would’ve proved it on YouTube.
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

I think the best thing here for Vinnie is to "Return Home" to Bridgeport for an Event....I'm sure some of "You" remember there was talks back in 2007 to bring Vinnie back to Bridgeport and to be totally honest with you all, less than 2 months ago I had an "hour" phone conversation with Stephen Wilkie pitching that Idea once again....Stephen is a cool guy and truly does want what's best for Vinnie, so try to give the guy a break....I'm not going to get into any of the details but I will tell you this, Vinnie does like the Venue where it "Could" possibly happen....I know some people are Leary about previous cancellations due to the Promoter/Conflicting Schedules or whatever the reason is and now we have the SIR Situation to deal with, it's hard to say or know what may happen in the Future, all I can say is that it would nice to see Vinnie "Come Home" just sitting on the stage, noodling on a Acoustic and maybe an Electric if he desires....sing 60 seconds of his greatest tunes, tell us some stories about what it was like growing up in Bridgeport and the Road to Rock & Roll Stardom, have a Meet & Greet, take some photo's, sign some autographs, sell some merchandise and just have" FUN" being back where it all began and make some $$$$ too....
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Wilkie has no taste. Only thing coming out of Wilkie is low end garbagez sorry but there brutally honest.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev2 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:22 am Wilkie has no taste. Only thing coming out of Wilkie is low end garbagez sorry but there brutally honest.
No need to bash Wilkie even if the rumors are true of him bashing us.
He is just a fan like us and he's helping Vin the best that he can.

Dino, I like the side-eye glitter. Sexy fuck !!!!

NEWBEGINNINGS
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

The reason for the cancellation is very simple: he didn't sell enough tickets

He didn't sell tickets because he already cancelled two other shows. Even most of the hardcore VV nutballs aren't dumb enough to fall for that a third time

The only way he will get anyone to see him at this point is if he plays a show for free which will never happen.

I know from someone very close to Vinnie that he CAN'T shred anymore. He can play acoustic but that's about it
diamondave22

Post by diamondave22 »

diamondave22 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 11:18 am Found this over on the KissFAQ forum attributed to the Vinnie Vincent LEGION FB closed group but it sounds like pure Vinnie spew...…

"It has been cancelled ALL ticket holders have been refunded via paypal. You can thank the level of bashing from other VV groups/forums spreading negative comments affecting this from happening ie ticket sales. From all reports, Vinnie was rehearsing and shredding up a storm......."

"Fact!.... Show was 1000% going to happen if tickets sold...Vinnie is a musician and a business man - he won't play for free nor would he pander to what people think he should do especially when the same people continue to sabotage the advertising of this event... fact! Vinnie was in rehearsals right up to the point it was evident it wasn't viable from a business point of view. I remind everyone that Vinnie is an artist, someone who doesn't need to prove jack shit to anyone. The level of animosity towards him is shameful and disgusting.....and i can only assume this was also a leading factor in the show not going forward."

"the rumour of 8 tickets being sold is a load of ABSOLUTE bullshit -Just like the idiots who put in stupid amount of ticket numbers into the cart!!! what a life they lead to even do this!... like i said however the overall viability of the show wasn't in Vinnie's best interest... it's that SIMPLE....."
After reading Vinnie's latest "from the heart" rant I'm 1000% percent sure this is also him, most likely transcribed by Steve Wilkie.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

He doesn't want to practice. I am nearly certain In his mind he thinks he will practice for the shows and blow people away but then gets distracted by online forums and then searches for an excuse not to do the gig. Its a classic depression cycle which I have gone through to maybe a lesser extent.

He actually needs a coach or a spiritual retreat to get his head ready just to start loving the guitar again. But we are dealing with someone who's logic comes out of another planet
Bye Bye
KISSFAQ

Post by KISSFAQ »

poserboy71 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:31 pm KissFAQ has a lot of fans and haters who tend to be cruel in what they feel.
Let's be clear, the FAQ doesn't have a monopoly on that. I'd prefer everyone have a healthy sense of empathy, but it'll never be the case. All any of us can do, is to perhaps have that empathy within ourselves or separate ourselves from the drama. I'll spin ASG and not have an semblance of all the pollution that is now poisoning the ecosystem.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, there a lot of people, and as is expected from a large group of people, you have the nice ones, and not so nice ones, which comes from having so many different backgrounds and education levels, etc. It's typical of society in real life, and online.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

KISSFAQ wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:21 am
poserboy71 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 3:31 pm KissFAQ has a lot of fans and haters who tend to be cruel in what they feel.
Let's be clear, the FAQ doesn't have a monopoly on that. I'd prefer everyone have a healthy sense of empathy, but it'll never be the case. All any of us can do, is to perhaps have that empathy within ourselves or separate ourselves from the drama. I'll spin ASG and not have an semblance of all the pollution that is now poisoning the ecosystem.
Damn Jules, You pick that out?

It's not a bash on you or the KissFAQ Forum.
There is far more insensitive bashing on all Kiss members there.
Again, not an insult.
I ,like you, wish the cheap shots would stop. People sometimes seem incapable of making their point without tearing another person down.
My statement basically means that the casual Kiss fan doesn't give a hoot about Vinnie and the haters tend to have a louder voice in that community because we tend to shut them down here when they get too personal and idiotic.

Here at The VVFF, obviously a fan site in VV's honor, even the posters who seem to throw some shots his way ,tend to express in the same breath that they are rooting for Vinnie to turn it around.
I am sure, throughout many years of our collective youths, everyone remembers fighting over being a Kiss fan with people who weren't .
Being a Vinnie fan and fighting within a Kiss community is 1,000,000 ;) times worse.
It gets amplified far more than Vinnie's wall of amps used to record the debut album.

Peace and Piece to you.
Nothing mean intended.

----Richard---PB71

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I couldn't care less if vv can play or not play. Either way is cool. If he can not play super smooth music is still in blood and I usually like more raw stuff. The music gets out even if not as fluid as we or vv likes and yes there will be haters saying he is shit but absolutely no one in the public eye escapes opinion especially in music when a lot of people are very rigid.
But the unessary fights, lies, over hyping basically nothing and cancellations is a big problem. Its a vicious circle that he will never get out of of he blames people who criticise him either with good cause or not.

We all know vv is different and that usually is a great thing and certainly part of his appeal (especially to other different people hehe).

He could and should put out 10 to 20 seconds of him playing or new demo etc (not archive stuff). But yeah he doesn't have to and that's cool but if he's offended by people saying he can not play or write music anymore that's the obvious thing to do.

For me the vv mystery that's was so brilliant is dead. He ruined it with the amateur graphics , broken promises and fights with people who love his music. Obviously mystery puts the listener of the music more on control that being fed what the artist wants and I am not saying loss of mystery is a bad thing but it's definitely like a bad movie of your favourite book. This is a very bad movie of my favourite book being played out. Again it's up to him.

He can only so long promise music (since 1996) and not deliver.

Speedball Jamm is not music I am sorry. I love vv:s guitar playing but couldn't listen to speedball more than once.

He could shut people up but he doesn't .

For me this is a tragedy because all the entertainment is in the drama and not the music and that's ok and a different thing but how long can that be interesting or shocking.

Anyway he has killed off everything he could have had . I really doubt he could get 100 people at a free concert in Nashville now. I bet a $10 cover charge would only get 30 to 50 people at most.

His only option is music release with no hype and not archives stuff..I mean new songs and new solos
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Nicely put Dino.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

GREAT post Fratello Dino!
metatron

Post by metatron »

Awesome post Dino.
Yes, Speedball Jamm is not music.
It's an exercise practice without the visuals.
It's aerobics oz style, without the great visual of hot chicks jumping around in red latex, wacking themselves in the face with their jaffers jugs.

doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Yeah.
We all would love vv music because we are all here because we love vv music but come on Vinnie!!! I knew in 2011 Vinnie is more interested in dangling music and shows Infront of people as some sort of power game like teasing a dog with food that the dog never gets. But it comes to the point no one cares anymore. I don't for sure.
I don't think things are ever going to get past this stage unfortunatey. Its a ridiculous situation that he is in because for us it's entertainment but for him it's his life.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, we would all like new music, we've been wanting it for a long time.

I'm not sure if new beginnings is still going on with Vinnie. This seems like the bad old ways are back.