Carmine Appice: "He looked like he was scared to me."

News and information from 2018 onwards
fullshredd

Carmine Appice: "He looked like he was scared to me."

Post by fullshredd »

""Something happened between Vinnie and the promoter," he said. "I know there was something going on. I talked to Vinnie a few times, and him and the promoter were not seeing eye to eye on a lot of stuff."

However, Appice noted that Vincent seemed different back in October when he performed with an electric guitar for the first time in 30 years, playing three Kiss songs with a group called Four by Fate prior to last year's Kiss Kruise.

"Vinnie played with me in a band before he was in Kiss called Carmine and the Rockers," he said, "and I know he's a great player and a great writer and a good singer and he's a good stage performer. But after I saw that [footage] ... Vinnie's always been like a showoff kind of guy, and he just stood there. He looked like he was scared to me. I asked him, 'Can you still play? You've been out 30 years.' He goes, 'Yeah. I've been playing in my house. Yeah, of course, I can still play.' I said, 'Okay. I believe you.' But I don't know what happened. All this other crazy stuff was going on with singers and this and that, and the promoter. It's too bad, 'cause it would have been fun."

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/carmine- ... -comeback/
metatron

Re: Carmine Appice: "He looked like he was scared to me."

Post by metatron »

What is tending in the KISS 'End of the Road tour' camp currently, is not just the white grease paint theatrics of Marcel Marceau, but also the whole mime act. Why would we expect anything else from KISS' affiliations.
Attachments
Marsel-Marso_51ded43936d54 VV .png
Marsel-Marso_51ded43936d54 VV .png (58.93 KiB) Viewed 2236 times
Last edited by metatron on Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
metatron

Post by metatron »

NOT A SINGLE NOTE PLAYED.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Attachments
Marsel-Marso_51ded43936d54 VV pink V 1 copy.png
Marsel-Marso_51ded43936d54 VV pink V 1 copy.png (89.92 KiB) Viewed 2219 times
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

omg that's funny

I stated months and months ago that VV was pulling the wool over everyone's eyes when it came his inability to play. He would have recorded his practice sessions and aired them to prove the naysayers and pundits. But he waits until he books a venue, hires top guns, takes money (again) from people KNOWING that he didn't have the chops. Pitiful and disgraceful. The man has no shame and what he did was unequivocally unprofessional. Robert was the first to smell it. Now VV is cryptonite once again. His own worst enemy. AND hiring that ass clown Randy was a MAJOR mistake. His "attorney" must be a really winner as well. It's like the Twilight Zone down there in TN lol

I'd be pissed if he took my money but I had little faith in him after seeing him both in-person and on tape in Atlanta. I would have NEVER booked or bought for Nashville. You KNEW something was off.

"Speaking just after the shows were canceled, Appice also referred to Vincent’s appearance on the Kiss Kruise with Four by Fate. “Vinnie's always been like a showoff kind of guy, and he just stood there,” he said. “He looked like he was scared to me. I asked him, 'Can you still play? You've been out 30 years.' He goes, 'Yeah. I've been playing in my house. Yeah, of course, I can still play.' I said, 'Okay. I believe you.' But I don't know what happened.”"

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/vinnie- ... ack-shows/
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Ohh you met vv in Atlanta?
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Drew met Vinnie at a signing. Great photos.
Drew wasn't at the Atlanta Convention.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

doublev2 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:34 am Ohh you met vv in Atlanta?
I just saw the footage online from Atlanta only. Ran into him in NJ at one of the Expos. Sorry if that wasn't clear :)

"Was" VV talented? Goes without saying. And pointing to the obvious for many - we held our breath. It didn't have to be this way. It's really ashame how it all went down. He should have been honest, that's all.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Did you get the VVV signed?

I have no doubt that Carmine is correct tbh. As happy as Vinnie looked on stage, after 30 years he would have been shitting himself at the same time. That isn't a criticism, just something I could fully understand him feeling.

P.S. He DID play the LIU solo! By no means shredding but a solo indeed.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

shramiac wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:05 pm Did you get the VVV signed?
Yes, after close to 20 years later.... the "impossible" happened (he signed the case too) :wink: So now all past VVI members are present and accounted for.

I GUARANTEE ONE-OF-A-KIND! :wink:
metatron

Post by metatron »

I have no doubt that Carmine is correct tbh. As happy as Vinnie looked on stage, after 30 years he would have been shitting himself at the same time. That isn't a criticism, just something I could fully understand him feeling.

P.S. He DID play the LIU solo! By no means shredding but a solo indeed.
Does LIU have a solo???
Oh! THAT 8 Note part cleverly disguised as a solo.
Lets face it, in back-in-the-day VV world, that won't count as a solo.
It's not a crime, just saying LOL
Was he even amped up? Plugged in, etc?
Maybe VV is doing what is currently trending. i.e. Don't play. i.e KISS backing tracks.
All the kidz are doing it.
Get with the program!
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

fullshredd wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:48 pm
Yes, after close to 20 years later.... the "impossible" happened (he signed the case too) :wink: So now all past VVI members are present and accounted for.

I GUARANTEE ONE-OF-A-KIND! :wink:

That is no understatement!
Bradford

Post by Bradford »

2019 is the year for Vinnie getting back up on his feet after a bad start to 2019. Of all the times in recent years to really come back strong it's got to be now after these cancelled shows to really make up for it.

This is make or break time now. He's got to really get up off the canvas and come out hitting hard to make up for this as there's a lot of negativity out there again. If I was him with his musical history I'd be going classical musician style and doing the 4 to 6 hours per day practise to really make it all automatic just to cope with pressure of the politics - let the guitar do the talking.

C'mon Vinnie show 'em you're not down and out for the count!