History Repeating ????

News and information from 2018 onwards
poserboy71

History Repeating ????

Post by poserboy71 »

Think back 23 years ago... (short story)
Kiss Reunion Tour
Vinnie doing convention appearances (some in make-up)
Vinnie possibly hoping to be a part of the shows.
Kiss slamming the door on him.
Kiss possibly shutting down the box set.
Vinnie goes into seclusion.

Fast forward to 2019:

See where I'm going with this?
This is where things need to change and Vinnie lives by the power that his music showcases.

I hope that Vinnie grabs the bull by the horns and gets everything in order to deliver what he has promised and also sees the success that his talent deserves.

Maybe even a tour with Ace ? Hmmmm?
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
BengalWACO

Re: History Repeating ????

Post by BengalWACO »

Man, I hope not. I don't really feel we will have another 23 years to wait :(
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

BengalWACO wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:20 am Man, I hope not. I don't really feel we will have another 23 years to wait :(
You understand then. :)
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

The whole KISS/Ace fight is a beatup because the ticket sales for the final tour (Is it? Are we sure?) aren't doing so well. I heard yesterday that no venue has sold out yet!

Bad publicity is still publicity. As Gene always says, "Just spell my name correctly."
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Kiss are not offering anything different as far as I see. No edge , no darkness, just a half baked disneyfied version of themselves with stuntmen playing the real guys.
They need ace and peter at the least.
Vinnie has not shown enough playing to even be in contention which is a missed opportunity
Bye Bye
ankh

Post by ankh »

With all the negative comments comin from the Kiss camp,my hope was that Vinne will prove them wrong both as person and as musician...and i think he's more than able to do so.

Gene simply used his former bandmates to promote his vault....i don't think he ever had any doubt in his mind to change his ways.

Would be nice to seeVinnie simply enjoyng playng music, any kind of music he likes, instead of being forced to relive his past....
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Watched some of the Vancouver show from a couple of days ago. Lots of pyro, total lack of energy! Stupid stage setup though the two crane arms Gene & Tommy swing out on looked cool.
Gene’s big round head makes him look as menacing as an emoji of the moon sticking its tongue out!

And of course the lip syncing....by all of them apparently!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
rocker2000

Post by rocker2000 »

KISS shows look great

as an example

Paul Stanley is 67 years old

has had two hip replacements

his current energy on stage is perfectly acceptable for a man of that age with those injuries (and even without)

hell -> more energy than a lot of frontmen half his age!

will be interesting to see how much energy his critics have at that age and after those injuries..

I'm certainly hoping Vinnie can get it together, it could be something great
BengalWACO

Post by BengalWACO »

poserboy71 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:26 am
BengalWACO wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:20 am Man, I hope not. I don't really feel we will have another 23 years to wait :(
You understand then. :)
I think I do, but just when I think I do.... I don't... LOL
VikingVVFan

Post by VikingVVFan »

shramiac wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:53 am Watched some of the Vancouver show from a couple of days ago. Lots of pyro, total lack of energy! Stupid stage setup though the two crane arms Gene & Tommy swing out on looked cool.
Gene’s big round head makes him look as menacing as an emoji of the moon sticking its tongue out!

And of course the lip syncing....by all of them apparently!
Well, atleast they are performing when they say they will..
:|
Bradford

Post by Bradford »

2019 is the year for Vinnie getting back up on his feet after a bad start to 2019. Of all the times in recent years to really come back strong it's got to be now after these cancelled shows to really make up for it.

This is make or break time now. He's got to really get up off the canvas and come out hitting hard to make up for this as there's a lot of negativity out there again. If I was him with his musical history I'd be going classical musician style and doing the 4 to 6 hours per day practise to really make it all automatic just to cope with pressure of the politics - let the guitar do the talking.

C'mon Vinnie show 'em you're not down and out for the count!
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Surely the goal in life is to stop history repeating and leave the world with some beautiful Insights that make lost souls have an idea of how to live a kinder life?

I love Vinnie as he made my childhood with some incredible music. Sadenes me that it became a circus of amateur heavies telling fans what to say.

The deeper message is beautiful but the surface is a trench of shit.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Whenever I see this thread I think of this song....

Commander in chief - VVF Army