Vinnie show officially cancelled

News and information from 2018 onwards
geepee16

Re: Vinnie show officially cancelled

Post by geepee16 »

Is that an official outlet for VV? Not his website? Not this forum? I didn't know that.
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

geepee16 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:15 pm Is that an official outlet for VV? Not his website? Not this forum? I didn't know that.
Not sure I would call it an official outlet but it seems to be the place to get majority of info from.
The admin of that group, Full Shreddd, obviously has some type of contact with VV to get that information.
He said he 'received word' a statement will be coming from VV tomorrow and it will be posted there.

I have no doubt VV is in that group, either. Watching.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

The VVFF stands for "Vinnie Vincent FAN FORUM".

Vinnie is at the VV Full Shredd FB page and releases announcements through Stephen Wilkie on that page.
Attachments
20190130_232523.jpg
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Spacewig

Post by Spacewig »

It all makes sense now,...why it took so long to publicly announce that the shows were being cancelled. He wanted to wait until after DOTD in Atlanta! Had it happened prior to that, there's a good possibility he would've been swarmed and confronted by several upset fans.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Spacewig wrote:It all makes sense now,...why it took so long to publicly announce that the shows were being cancelled. He wanted to wait until after DOTD in Atlanta! Had it happened prior to that, there's a good possibility he would've been swarmed and confronted by several upset fans.
Hmmmm, you may be onto something there.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

Spacewig wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:42 pm It all makes sense now,...why it took so long to publicly announce that the shows were being cancelled. He wanted to wait until after DOTD in Atlanta! Had it happened prior to that, there's a good possibility he would've been swarmed and confronted by several upset fans.

Had it happened prior to that. there is a good chance nobody would have showed up to get pictures/autographs at his table.
Vinnie who?
geepee16

Post by geepee16 »

Well the statement and its sequels have done nothing.

We've seen more from lawyers than I have from VV. I came to this forum two months ago looking to share in a celebratory build-up. Instead, it has been us waiting outside of a cafe that is said to have the best coffee, but is never open for business.

I have been part of loyal fan communities, for example, Rush (music), Star Trek, PC Engine/TurboGrafx (gaming) and I have never seen fans go through things like this. Why all the intrigue? Why the second-guessing? Why the duplicity? Why the petty nonsense?

No fan should have to put up with the ridiculous peek-a-boo nonsense that goes on the world of VV fandom. The unofficial lines of communication, the retributive banning, the blind defending, mysterious rules and the fear of being treated badly, as it seems some people here have been. It is outrageous for an admirer of a person's music, history and talent (and that's all most of us here are, admirers, nothing more) to scrounge around for morsels of information only to eat shit at the end of the day.

I didn't know a thing about the FB pages because I can never tell who is for real on FB. That Shred group appears to be some unofficial fan club? Cult? Or secret society? Like a bunch of Pythagorean bean-eaters in a Sicilian cave. Why all of the secrecy? Why all of the threats? Why is it that we have to wade through garbage and get nothing in return? No fans should be so exhausted and ill-rewarded. I feel like we have to doubt EVERYTHING here in VV fandom, because nothing is what it seems; no word definitely true; no promise sturdier than paper.

I don't think of myself as being obsessive in any way, and most people here seem to be of a similar mindset.
So, since this appears to be an exercise in pain and disappointment for the fans, I wish you all a good night and invite you to consider:

Shadows will not this comeback make!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

geepee16 wrote:Well the statement and its sequels have done nothing.

We've seen more from lawyers than I have from VV. I came to this forum two months ago looking to share in a celebratory build-up. Instead, it has been us waiting outside of a cafe that is said to have the best coffee, but is never open for business.

I have been part of loyal fan communities, for example, Rush (music), Star Trek, PC Engine/TurboGrafx (gaming) and I have never seen fans go through things like this. Why all the intrigue? Why the second-guessing? Why the duplicity? Why the petty nonsense?

No fan should have to put up with the ridiculous peek-a-boo nonsense that goes on the world of VV fandom. The unofficial lines of communication, the retributive banning, the blind defending, mysterious rules and the fear of being treated badly, as it seems some people here have been. It is outrageous for an admirer of a person's music, history and talent (and that's all most of us here are, admirers, nothing more) to scrounge around for morsels of information only to eat shit at the end of the day.

I didn't know a thing about the FB pages because I can never tell who is for real on FB. That Shred group appears to be some unofficial fan club? Cult? Or secret society? Like a bunch of Pythagorean bean-eaters in a Sicilian cave. Why all of the secrecy? Why all of the threats? Why is it that we have to wade through garbage and get nothing in return? No fans should be so exhausted and ill-rewarded. I feel like we have to doubt EVERYTHING here in VV fandom, because nothing is what it seems; no word definitely true; no promise sturdier than paper.

I don't think of myself as being obsessive in any way, and most people here seem to be of a similar mindset.
So, since this appears to be an exercise in pain and disappointment for the fans, I wish you all a good night and invite you to consider:

Great post.
toliklisiy

Post by toliklisiy »

Attachments
WARRIOR.jpg
WARRIOR.jpg
DaBonadono

Post by DaBonadono »

toliklisiy wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:06 pm Good news
https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/war ... d-edition/

This is great news!! The following is from the Cherry Red Records website. I am very intrested in hearing the "significantly better quality". I hope this doesn't disappoint.

"Those precious recordings gathered dust until HNE released a collection of them in 2017. Subsequently, more tapes, some of significantly better quality, have been unearthed from Gary Shea’s personal archive. Also included are a number of the demos transferred from the above mentioned cassettes."

DISC ONE
1. NO SUBSTITUTE
2. BACK ON THE STREETS (ALTERNATIVE DEMO)
3. HOT NIGHTS
4. I NEED LOVE (ALTERNATIVE DEMO)
5. TEARS
6. THAT TIME OF YEAR (WRITING DEMO)
7. FORBIDDEN (WRITING DEMO)
8. BOYZ GONNA ROCK
9. IT AIN’T PRETTY… BEING EASY
10. BACK ON THE STREETS
11. GYPSY IN HER EYES
12. I NEED LOVE
13. BABY O WHY

DISC TWO
1. THRILL OF THE CHASE (1988 DEMO)
2. GYPSY IN HER EYES (REHEARSAL WITH VOCAL)
3. THAT TIME OF YEAR / FORBIDDEN (REHEARSAL)
4. BOYZ GONNA ROCK (INSTRUMENTAL REHEARSAL)
5. GYPSY IN HER EYES (INSTRUMENTAL REHEARSAL)
6. MY HEART GOES WITH YOU
7. FOBIDDEN (VOCAL DEMO WITH SOLO)
8. THAT TIME OF YEAR (VOCAL & KEYBOARD DEMO WITH SOLO
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

Genebaby wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:51 pmGreat post.

Indeed. Very well said.
Vinnie who?
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

geepee16 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:54 pm Well the statement and its sequels have done nothing.

THIS PEOPLE.....................................
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

DaBonadono wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:55 pm
toliklisiy wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:06 pm Good news
https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/war ... d-edition/

This is great news!! The following is from the Cherry Red Records website. I am very intrested in hearing the "significantly better quality". I hope this doesn't disappoint.

"Those precious recordings gathered dust until HNE released a collection of them in 2017. Subsequently, more tapes, some of significantly better quality, have been unearthed from Gary Shea’s personal archive. Also included are a number of the demos transferred from the above mentioned cassettes."

DISC ONE
1. NO SUBSTITUTE
2. BACK ON THE STREETS (ALTERNATIVE DEMO)
3. HOT NIGHTS
4. I NEED LOVE (ALTERNATIVE DEMO)
5. TEARS
6. THAT TIME OF YEAR (WRITING DEMO)
7. FORBIDDEN (WRITING DEMO)
8. BOYZ GONNA ROCK
9. IT AIN’T PRETTY… BEING EASY
10. BACK ON THE STREETS
11. GYPSY IN HER EYES
12. I NEED LOVE
13. BABY O WHY

DISC TWO
1. THRILL OF THE CHASE (1988 DEMO)
2. GYPSY IN HER EYES (REHEARSAL WITH VOCAL)
3. THAT TIME OF YEAR / FORBIDDEN (REHEARSAL)
4. BOYZ GONNA ROCK (INSTRUMENTAL REHEARSAL)
5. GYPSY IN HER EYES (INSTRUMENTAL REHEARSAL)
6. MY HEART GOES WITH YOU
7. FOBIDDEN (VOCAL DEMO WITH SOLO)
8. THAT TIME OF YEAR (VOCAL & KEYBOARD DEMO WITH SOLO
I will buy this!
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

Slayer wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:13 am I will buy this!

Funny how time has shown that even the VVI albums were mostly not new material, and were simply leftovers. It makes you wonder just how long this "not being able to create something new" was really going on? Perhaps that is the real reason he did not reform VVI immediately. No old material to borrow from and he would have had to create something new.
Vinnie who?
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

The "Time of Year and Forbidden" tracks look interesting?!?!?!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

I am hoping it will hit Amazon soon.
Vinnie who?
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Give a starving man a saltine cracker and it is the most delicious cracker that he has ever tasted in his life
metatron

Post by metatron »

Slayer wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:09 pm Give a starving man a saltine cracker and it is the most delicious cracker that he has ever tasted in his life
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

AnkhWarrior wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:05 pm
geepee16 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:15 pm Is that an official outlet for VV? Not his website? Not this forum? I didn't know that.
Not sure I would call it an official outlet but it seems to be the place to get majority of info from.
The admin of that group, Full Shreddd, obviously has some type of contact with VV to get that information.
He said he 'received word' a statement will be coming from VV tomorrow and it will be posted there.

Stephen Wilkie somehow weaseled his way into being Vinnie's "handler", meaning he basically just kinda hangs around at things like that Four By Fate show or convention appearances, but he doesn't really DO anything, he's just "there". A glorified hanger-on.

Vinnie reads every forum and Facebook group non-stop. This place, KISSFAQ, pretty much every Facebook group, etc. According to a promoter that recently worked with Vinnie, he literally spends nearly every waking hour reading what people say about him on the internet.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

metatron wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:11 pm
Slayer wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:09 pm Give a starving man a saltine cracker and it is the most delicious cracker that he has ever tasted in his life
That's right Fratello!
geepee16

Post by geepee16 »

The only Full Shredd seems to be of hopes and contracts. I think VV is content to sit back and follow analytics, measure his impact and lie low. Maybe it is for the best, too, as his reputation has taken several damaging hits of late. At least attention has been diverted by KISS urinating all over their legacy with the lip-sync scandal, as they sneak into partially-filled arenas and club to collect a few more checks on their way to the cemetery.

Since VV is likely done musically, and I don't think there is enough drive for a book- I would love to see him maintain a blog about things like: commentary on other bands, musical trends, opinions on equipment, detailed commentary on his work (kind of like online liner notes), discussion of music theory and more. People understandably focus on the shredding, but - really - that isn't as interesting to me as arrangements, writing and producing. In fact, All Systems Go is to me one of the best produced albums of that era.

Anyway, much like a retired athlete can still impart a tremendous wealth of knowledge without actually taking the field again, I think VV has much to offer.
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

ZachAttack wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:44 am
AnkhWarrior wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:05 pm

Stephen Wilkie somehow weaseled his way into being Vinnie's "handler", meaning he basically just kinda hangs around at things like that Four By Fate show or convention appearances, but he doesn't really DO anything, he's just "there". A glorified hanger-on.

Vinnie reads every forum and Facebook group non-stop. This place, KISSFAQ, pretty much every Facebook group, etc. According to a promoter that recently worked with Vinnie, he literally spends nearly every waking hour reading what people say about him on the internet.
That's not a very healthy existence if true. It'll eat you alive if you're concerned about pundits all day. Surely there are more productive ways to exist. Go fishing, find a hobby (guitar playing?), join a gym, travel, ....needlepoint?
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Self sabotage would be a great title for his next gig.
That said rooting for something to happen as extremely unlikely as it is. Unfortunately any band member will be turned on within weeks so not much hope
Bye Bye
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

Naturally, it was great to see Vinnie reappear after all theses years and we all had "High Hope's" that we could see him perform his music again, one way or another....I'm not going to get in the "Debate" of all these different scenario's of Who's running or Who's Website is the best, I've always thought that coming "Home" to Bridgeport, CT would be a great place to Start his "Return" to music, Bridgeport is the center of the Bulls-Eye if your looking at the Tri-State Area Kiss & Vinnie Fan Base, I've suggested this to Vinnie personally and have some people to help this possibly become a reality....hopefully Vinnie give's it some thought !
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

BigEd wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:49 am Naturally, it was great to see Vinnie reappear after all theses years and we all had "High Hope's" that we could see him perform his music again, one way or another....I'm not going to get in the "Debate" of all these different scenario's of Who's running or Who's Website is the best, I've always thought that coming "Home" to Bridgeport, CT would be a great place to Start his "Return" to music, Bridgeport is the center of the Bulls-Eye if your looking at the Tri-State Area Kiss & Vinnie Fan Base, I've suggested this to Vinnie personally and have some people to help this possibly become a reality....hopefully Vinnie give's it some thought !
I vote YES.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

BigEd wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:49 am Naturally, it was great to see Vinnie reappear after all theses years and we all had "High Hope's" that we could see him perform his music again, one way or another....I'm not going to get in the "Debate" of all these different scenario's of Who's running or Who's Website is the best, I've always thought that coming "Home" to Bridgeport, CT would be a great place to Start his "Return" to music, Bridgeport is the center of the Bulls-Eye if your looking at the Tri-State Area Kiss & Vinnie Fan Base, I've suggested this to Vinnie personally and have some people to help this possibly become a reality....hopefully Vinnie give's it some thought !
That's the best idea, he should go with it, contact him and make it a reality!
Thumbs up!
SimonBFrostSr

Post by SimonBFrostSr »

Only the truest and most loyal fans of VV were born in CT.
Like for example... myself and being born in New London, CT...😎

Till later,
Me...
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

Yes Simon, having the "Liberty" of being from Vinnie's "Home State" of Connecticut, does bring us a slight advantage....yet I know, there are plenty of his Fan's here at the VVFF that are just as "True" and have the same "Loyalty" as we do, we all have high hopes and "Best Wishes" for Vinnie now and in the future....if we didn't, we wouldn't be here or having this conversation right now !
SimonBFrostSr

Post by SimonBFrostSr »

I really miss the days when VV would talk to us on FB... The night he made this comment to me was the best and most funniest time I had... I am so very happy that I had screenshot all the many times he said things to me..

I'm sure there are a lot of other true VV fans out there that were not born in CT. but it does feel good knowing that were both born the the same state... and I always try my best to take VV back home through all my VV group page posts in the...

Vincent John Cusano's... Get The Led Out!!!!

Till Later,
Me...
Attachments
Screenshot_20190220-083057.png
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

Simon, I'm sure Vinnie Appreciates your effort and Good Luck with you Fan Page....
DaBonadono

Post by DaBonadono »

This would be great! I really hope that you can help make this happen! Keep the faith!
Bradford

Post by Bradford »

2019 is the year for Vinnie getting back up on his feet after a bad start to 2019. Of all the times in recent years to really come back strong it's got to be now after these cancelled shows to really make up for it.

This is make or break time now. He's got to really get up off the canvas and come out hitting hard to make up for this as there's a lot of negativity out there again. If I was him with his musical history I'd be going classical musician style and doing the 4 to 6 hours per day practise to really make it all automatic just to cope with pressure of the politics - let the guitar do the talking.

C'mon Vinnie show 'em you're not down and out for the count!
gp16

Post by gp16 »

geepee16 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:38 am I am going to consider Vinnie Vincent's contribution to music finished. His 70s material, major KISS contributions (to the point that the band was resurrected on his talent), the excellent VVI debut album and - in my opinion - superlative ASG album, in addition to various other things he has done are enough. At age 67, with momentum from last year's comeback now completely squandered and no reliable prospects of anything new, it is no small fantasy to think something magic will happen again. I am sad to accept it, but realism is what is required here.

Tony Franklin is a top-tier bassist. Carmine brought credibility, star power and talent, too, in addition to the promised release of 200 copies of an album of music he had recorded with Vinnie ages ago. Vocalists were available. I just don't think Vinnie is/was/has been ready for this.

It's interesting when you watch the videos of him at conventions and he talked about how badly he wanted to succeed. The fire was lit and hot in those days. I do not think he approached this comeback with that same desire (those who have seen the videos will know what I am talking about). The build-up to these shows seemed like an exercise in 'let's see how much people still care.' He should have struck while the iron was still hot last year. Instead, we - the fans - were left to scour the Internet (YouTube, Facebook, rumor sites) to find information that should have been flooding our inboxes. I don't know what it will take to mount a return at this point, but Vinnie needs a consistent and open Internet presence: videos and a band (or alone with an acoustic) to convince everyone that he really is back and not just gone again.

So, I will not expect a book, new material, shows, interviews or otherwise until he invests in his return first. If he plans to be seen, heard and taken seriously again, he has to put himself out there, put some skin in the game, because I don't think fans will take any more first steps.

Much as I hate LiveNation and Ticketmaster, I will not believe anything about a live appearance until an official company is attached; a guarantor, of sorts, in addition to a promoter and VV himself in the rock media selling himself on his time and his dime. If that happens, I will put money down (not to travel to distant [for me] Nashville) to see him in NY, Philadelphia, DC or AC because I would love to hear No Substitute, Ashes to Ashes, That Time of Year, A Million to One and more live, from the person who wrote them; from the hands that held the pick and the pen of those songs and - why not? - the voice that could sing them, albeit it lower.
[/i][/i][/i]

Well, it has been a long time I was able to post here, as my account has been locked, closed or banned.

Still, after the disappointing weekend (for most), I felt compelled to bump what I posted here a few years back after another disappointment. Though we would have loved more, he gave us something great. I suppose it is better that we have that much and did not get flooded with garbage. We can either lament the disappointments, or - if we can think back far enough - celebrate the victories.

He is not the only artist to disappoint, certainly. Aside from Rush, I cannot really think of a band that called it quits are just the right time. KISS' days ended, though they have not realized it. Vinnie's days ended, and maybe not all of us realized it.

All we can hope for is that the general KISS community acknowledges the fact that it was Vinnie's hand that drew the escape route out of 80-81.
He deserves that credit, which Gene, Paul and many in the KISS community are reluctant to give.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Hey, your account would not have been locked or closed etc, you will have forgotten the password, which I could have helped you with. You have your new account now, but let me know if you'd like your old one back.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

As for what Vinnie gave us on Saturday night. Well, he gave us something, but I'm not sure great is the way to describe it.