Vinnie show officially cancelled

News and information from 2018 onwards
doublev2

Vinnie show officially cancelled

Post by doublev2 »

Not sure if this is up here but Vinnievincentlive.com has it up on the site that the shows at rocketown are now cancelled
Bye Bye
geepee16

Re: Vinnie show officially cancelled

Post by geepee16 »

Thanks for the post.
I'm guessing no one here is surprised.
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Screenshot_20190129-015632_Facebook.jpg
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Yeah, not surprised. Too many red flags.

Wonder what the reason was? We will find out, I'm sure.
n3p

Post by n3p »

Doubt we'll see him perform ever again
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Vinnie Vincent Live FB page gone.
VikingVVFan

Post by VikingVVFan »

Can someone please just make this shit stop??
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

I hope everybody gets their $$ back. What a mess.
Vinnie who?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It looks like everyone will be taken care of, and it's good to know for sure what is happening. Or in this case, what isn't happening.

Fuck sake, why is this so difficult?

The postponing of the Graceland show was obviously a bad sign and here we are today.

Sorry for anyone out of pocket for travel and accommodation.ImageImage
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Sucks for everybody.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Looking at damage limitation now. If I was to suggest what to do this would be it.

1. Get rid of that guy Stephen who is a total amateur hanger on.
2. Get his sister to manage him or a family member but vv to have no say what so ever in any thing other than yes or no answer.
3. Put out a new song (not old unreleased stuff) or some playing even if just a doodle on his phone and uploaded to YouTube.
4. Don't ever anounce anything until it's in cement.
5. Stop working with people with no track record.
6. Consider a small tour of guitar shops once new record is out.
7. Stop doing horror conventions ruining any mystery .. these are only helping the dumb ass so called manager/hangers on.
8. Apologize. Most idiot fans can not resist an apology.
9. Dissaperar and come back the day of a new song release but not a minute before the track is out.
10. Stop booting the hands that feed you off your FB page.
Bye Bye
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

From what I was told from a "Very Close" source to Vinnie....is that Vinnie was playing up a Storm each day and was much anticipating the return to playing live again....It's Sad and for "What-Ever" Reason the show seems to not be happening, maybe a different Promoter, Singer & Venue is truly needed, let's just keep our finger's crossed that there is light, somehow at the end of the Tunnel !
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

I called this back when Derek was announced as the promoter. I don't know why Vinnie surrounds himself with some of the dumbest, inept people imaginable....Derek, Curt Rivard Sr, Stephen Wilikie (that guy is actually working with VV in some capacity?), Randy, etc.

Unfortunately Derek was one of the only promoters left willing to still work with VV as he's already burned most everyone else. The dude who ran the Kruise/Four By Fate show said he was a nightmare to deal with and would never work with him again. I think this will be the end for Vinnie's "comeback".
SimonBFrostSr

Post by SimonBFrostSr »

Fuck you ZachAttack!

Yeah this is CURT A. Rivard Sr. And thanks for letting me rent space in your head... Ha!

And next time don't forget to put my middle initial also cause I'm narsistic like that...
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

remember that comment I made before about mentally unstable fans? ^ case in point ^
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

Everybody needs to go get their snuggly time with their Vinnie jack rag blanket.

The sun is rising and it is a new day. RELAX
Vinnie who?
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

Post by strangeways »

I doubt people will get their money back.
We shall see.
It shouldn't be that hard to refund people their money.
It should already be happening.
They knew this wasn't happening for awhile now is my guess.

I am glad I didn't get plane tickets or book a room.
Those that did should file against the powers that be in order to recoup their losses.

This is a major setback for Vinnie as far as any type of comeback is concerned.
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

I'm glad I didn't book another plane ticket as well...otherwise I would had been out another $250+ like when the original gig got postponed.

If Derek doesn't want to pay up or take his time (like he normally does), I'll be contacting my bank again like I did over the mini guitar.

Wonder what will happen next..
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Stanley and Simmons were far less enthusiastic about the possibility of an onstage collaboration with Vinnie Vincent. "Now Vinnie, that's one exception, and for so many reasons," Stanley said. "I would say that's not someone who I want to celebrate."

Simmons also chimed in, explaining that "it's worth stating that Vinnie has sued the band and lost 14 times. I'm not here to cast any aspersions. He's a talented guy. That's why he was in the band. But would I depend on him to get up onstage and do anything? Never. … Can he come to the shows? Of course! Anybody can. But onstage? Never."
obiwancanubi

Post by obiwancanubi »

strangeways wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:32 am I doubt people will get their money back.
We shall see.
It shouldn't be that hard to refund people their money.
It should already be happening.
They knew this wasn't happening for awhile now is my guess.

I am glad I didn't get plane tickets or book a room.
Those that did should file against the powers that be in order to recoup their losses.

This is a major setback for Vinnie as far as any type of comeback is concerned.

If this was a private gig he was renting space. Vehicles for transportation, staff for set up, food. Let's not forget hotels for VV and such.

All the money people paid in was used towards that production precost. His assumption should be this would go off so he would have paid and cancelling will not get a full refund as there is some non-refundable portion.

This is in no way a paying customer's issue. They should 100% get their money back today. But this dude is not sitting on back up capital he lives event to event using the funds of one to pay for the next.

He will go belly up, this will ruin him. He and Vinnie will point fingers and ultimately it will be the fans who suffer because he will bankrupt his LLC and fans likely won't be able to sue him individually.

Derek screwed this up major. He didn't play well. All this "band" stuff should have been sorted out before announcing a show. If VV turns down a singer, well sorry... you really should know how picky VV is and made sure you had that in cement and under contract before you rushed to announce shows. Yes Robert was attached but clearly not contracted and it was fucked up on their part ruining the Graceland show.

Vinnie owns a portion of this too. Regardless how much blame Derek is at fault this is his career... or was. If he wants to work who is going to buy a VV ticket now? 99% of fans dont care who the promoter is they know the artist and they know VV has cancelled 4 shows in 3 months. They won't trust VV even if AEG was promoting his next show. Vinnie needed to bite the bullet, take Jim Creen or fucking sing himself and make sure the show went on even if it was acoustic, then sell out the promoter after the show for the. Clusterfuck and say sorry for the mess guys. I am playing this small club for free, come see me, I promise the next show will have new management and be so much better.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Doesn't matter who the promoter is. Same thing will happen. Look . He booted two lawyers, 3 or 4 so called managers, his old guitar tech, a singer he hired after a few days, Carmine and Tony. Ed trunk aslo now an enemy. you now get the boot for mentioning Robert Fleischman or Paul Stanley , he pissed off Grover Jackson again, something happened with the guitar pedal guy, and he has booted 1000s of his fans off social media. Some even booted after complimenting his.
If anyone thinks a different promoter will help you are soooooo wrong. I probably missed some stuff out to be honest

Derek maybe a bad guy, I don't know .. but he never stood a chance with these shows Not defending him . It's just an impossible thing to work with vv. As you .

It's also sick that people lost expensive flights over this
Bye Bye
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

i forgot about the protone guy, he pulled out as well Vinnie never recorded the promised video playing the pedals.
obiwancanubi

Post by obiwancanubi »

doublev2 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:19 am Doesn't matter who the promoter is. Same thing will happen. Look . He booted two lawyers, 3 or 4 so called managers, his old guitar tech, a singer he hired after a few days, Carmine and Tony. Ed trunk aslo now an enemy. you now get the boot for mentioning Robert Fleischman or Paul Stanley , he pissed off Grover Jackson again, something happened with the guitar pedal guy, and he has booted 1000s of his fans off social media. Some even booted after complimenting his.
If anyone thinks a different promoter will help you are soooooo wrong. I probably missed some stuff out to be honest

Derek maybe a bad guy, I don't know .. but he never stood a chance with these shows Not defending him . It's just an impossible thing to work with vv. As you .

Sorry if that was confusing. I was not in anyway defending VVs actions. I was just saying what VV SHOULD have done when faced with a bad promoter, because all the apologists are already defending VV and excusing his decisions and putting this 100% on Derek. This is as much VV as it is Derek. The both failed.

VV does this with everything. The Box set, the appearance event in the summer he bailed on in Ohio(I think?), the orders from the VV website not fulfilled, the shows. VV looks for a reason to be slighted in everything. I love the MUSIC of VVI. The person I can not fathom supporting, I dont have disposable income to just hand out for products and services I know will never be fulfilled.
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

obiwancanubi wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:51 amthe appearance event in the summer he bailed on in Ohio(I think?),

That was here in Nashville.
Vinnie who?
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

doublev2 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:19 am
Derek maybe a bad guy, I don't know

He is. He's a total scammer. He sells things that don't even exist (mini guitars, special laminates, posters, guitar pics), then the only way you get your money back is to file a claim with your bank or credit card.
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

obiwancanubi wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:51 am
doublev2 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:19 am Doesn't matter who the promoter is. Same thing will happen. Look . He booted two lawyers, 3 or 4 so called managers, his old guitar tech, a singer he hired after a few days, Carmine and Tony. Ed trunk aslo now an enemy. you now get the boot for mentioning Robert Fleischman or Paul Stanley , he pissed off Grover Jackson again, something happened with the guitar pedal guy, and he has booted 1000s of his fans off social media. Some even booted after complimenting his.

Sorry if that was confusing. I was not in anyway defending VVs actions. I was just saying what VV SHOULD have done when faced with a bad promoter, because all the apologists are already defending VV and excusing his decisions and putting this 100% on Derek. This is as much VV as it is Derek. The both failed.

VV does this with everything. The Box set, the appearance event in the summer he bailed on in Ohio(I think?), the orders from the VV website not fulfilled, the shows. VV looks for a reason to be slighted in everything. I love the MUSIC of VVI. The person I can not fathom supporting, I dont have disposable income to just hand out for products and services I know will never be fulfilled.

The whole thing in Atlanta was pretty awesome (except for the complete disorganization which is 100% Derek's fault), but it went downhill after that, to the point where all this shit kinda taints the entire experience for me. It's also at the point now where these "Full Shred" nutjobs are so out of their minds that it almost makes me embarrassed to even call myself a VV fan. Like I said earlier, Vinnie could literally murder their entire family right in front of them and they'd make an excuse for him. The fact that people are still defending him after this is just insane
obiwancanubi

Post by obiwancanubi »

ZachAttack wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:53 am
obiwancanubi wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:51 am

The whole thing in Atlanta was pretty awesome (except for the complete disorganization which is 100% Derek's fault), but it went downhill after that, to the point where all this shit kinda taints the entire experience for me. It's also at the point now where these "Full Shred" nutjobs are so out of their minds that it almost makes me embarrassed to even call myself a VV fan. Like I said earlier, Vinnie could literally murder their entire family right in front of them and they'd make an excuse for him. The fact that people are still defending him after this is just insane
We are very much on the same page. "Full Shed" folks are like cult followers
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Screenshot_20190129-143338_Facebook.jpg
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

Kudos to Robert for being so supporting of a friend. Thank you for posting that.
Vinnie who?
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Let's see what Vinnie does now.

He's got his reputation to salvage from the debacle of these shows.

Interesting what Robert said, but what about Graceland? Vinnie clearly didn't have a band ready for that when there should have been one ready to rip.

The ball is in Vinnie's court.
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Whether VV felt pressured into doing a full shred show with the other guys or simply chose to out of the requests of some fans...

I've always felt Graceland would have happened if he stuck to it. Even with not being big on acoustic...I would have rather had that than this - nothing at all.
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

After reading Robert's message my perspective changed and Vinnie has the benefit of doubt again, what if he was being annoyed for real?
VINNIE SHOULD PUT A KILLER SCREAMING GUITAR VIDEO telling his side and making his guitar scream for a few seconds
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

oh gawd...

Those pesky wiccans.... up to their spoiler tricks yet again :roll:

glazed donut anyone?
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

Post by strangeways »

Streetbeat wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:10 am After reading Robert's message my perspective changed and Vinnie has the benefit of doubt again, what if he was being annoyed for real?
No benefit of the doubt from me. He read and signed said contract. He knew what he was doing and then when he couldn't deliver bowed out leaving everyone else to clean up his mess. The blame is with both Vinnie and Derek. I would say it's a 50% / 50% as far as blame goes between the two of them. Done and done.
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me
youngnwasted

Post by youngnwasted »

strangeways wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:47 am
Streetbeat wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:10 am After reading Robert's message my perspective changed and Vinnie has the benefit of doubt again, what if he was being annoyed for real?
No benefit of the doubt from me. He read and signed said contract. He knew what he was doing and then when he couldn't deliver bowed out leaving everyone else to clean up his mess. The blame is with both Vinnie and Derek. I would say it's a 50% / 50% as far as blame goes between the two of them. Done and done.
Absolutely. This thing was announced in July. I play in a band on a local level. 6 or 7 months to get your shit together and put on a show is nothing. It's quite easy. Rent a hall, practise and promote!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

July? I forgot the date but I knew there was enough time to do the Graceland dates without a doubt, and then they were postponed, and now the end.

Derek may not be great but you can only do the best you can with what you're given.

No proper band announcement until way too late, etc, is all on Vinnie. It's his band and his responsibility.

Does Vinnie have a manager these days? Not just a personal assistant.
JimmyJames

Post by JimmyJames »

Hello all. Haven't posted here in a while.

This is so sad to me. I've really enjoyed watching the Atlanta videos, especially with Robert joining VV . . . awesome stuff. Even listening to amazing stuff on youtube like "tears". What a talent . . . was hoping there was more to come. Not sure at this point. I hope Robert's post is what VV's really planning. Acoustic or non-shred would be awesome!!

Make it happen VV and God Bless.
JJ
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

A FREE accoustic evening can fix this, he can sell merch & pics and make money anyway
Spacewig

Post by Spacewig »

strangeways wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:47 am No benefit of the doubt from me. He read and signed said contract. He knew what he was doing and then when he couldn't deliver bowed out leaving everyone else to clean up his mess.
Amen!
Vinnie-Vincent-Invasion-Vinnie-Vincent-Invasion.jpg
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Sadly, that "album" cover may be apt.....time will tell.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Logistically hiring carmine and tony was a mistake. He needs Nashville guys to rehearse.

I do hope he does try again and finally pull off a show but surely he has to do a small warm up show first then a bigger one???
Bye Bye
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Yes, step by step maybe even accoustic to start and get some on stage confidence
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

And get away from those horror expos. That party can only last so long before no one is interested in meeting you.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

nfn but VV took the recent opportunities, no one forced his hand - no one coerced him (from what we know) to create a "comeback" (in limited form). It was better than nothing and it was great to see him. But, why is it that everything the man touches simply and unequivocally ultimately implodes?

He's really quite lucky that he still has an (albeit small) but loyal fanbase to support any sort of "comeback" considering he's hardly relevant. But, when you start burning these people and the professionals around you over and over again to the point where it's a profound "pattern" of abuse and blatant misrepresentation, there's obviously something cognitive going on here (read between the lines). Furthermore, look at the close "friends" he keeps in Mark and the assistant (then "manager") Wiccan? I've met them both and I can say it's a surreal and bizarre rapport to see how VV has become a sideshow with these 2 leading the way. It's really a shame that these recent money grabs are going to also cease to exist I predict outside of slightly related events like the Chiller Expo.

It actually made me go back to read the "Burnin' Bridges" lyrics again. Mark and Dana HAVE to be chuckling at this latest debacle.

I knew not to buy tickets to any event VV devised; not due to logistics, not because I'm not a loyal fan, not because I can't afford it, and not because I wouldn't have faith in the likes of RF, Carmine, Tony, etc.. My reluctance was based on the fact that I KNEW this event in TN would go south based on Vinnie and Vinnie alone.

No one in his right mind would work with VV now. Robert must have been rolling his eyes when he saw that poster for the first event. So much so that he QUICKLY did the right thing for him, and pulled the plug by bowing out gracefully (no pun intended).

Tisk tisk~ :|
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

The Treasure album, two VVI albums and a kick-ass guitar design. That may be all we ever see from Vinnie and it is far more than what we see from many artists. Back in the 70s and before, many artists released a single and then burned out.
Vinnie who?
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Well I still hope he gets a gig together. Practically the only thing I think he can pull off is him with a guitar alone but would be great to see him pull off a show.
I wish he would just get over what happened with vvi and at least invite Bobby but I doubt Bobby would be too interested anymore
Bye Bye
geepee16

Post by geepee16 »

I am going to consider Vinnie Vincent's contribution to music finished. His 70s material, major KISS contributions (to the point that the band was resurrected on his talent), the excellent VVI debut album and - in my opinion - superlative ASG album, in addition to various other things he has done are enough. At age 67, with momentum from last year's comeback now completely squandered and no reliable prospects of anything new, it is no small fantasy to think something magic will happen again. I am sad to accept it, but realism is what is required here.

Tony Franklin is a top-tier bassist. Carmine brought credibility, star power and talent, too, in addition to the promised release of 200 copies of an album of music he had recorded with Vinnie ages ago. Vocalists were available. I just don't think Vinnie is/was/has been ready for this.

It's interesting when you watch the videos of him at conventions and he talked about how badly he wanted to succeed. The fire was lit and hot in those days. I do not think he approached this comeback with that same desire (those who have seen the videos will know what I am talking about). The build-up to these shows seemed like an exercise in 'let's see how much people still care.' He should have struck while the iron was still hot last year. Instead, we - the fans - were left to scour the Internet (YouTube, Facebook, rumor sites) to find information that should have been flooding our inboxes. I don't know what it will take to mount a return at this point, but Vinnie needs a consistent and open Internet presence: videos and a band (or alone with an acoustic) to convince everyone that he really is back and not just gone again.

So, I will not expect a book, new material, shows, interviews or otherwise until he invests in his return first. If he plans to be seen, heard and taken seriously again, he has to put himself out there, put some skin in the game, because I don't think fans will take any more first steps.

Much as I hate LiveNation and Ticketmaster, I will not believe anything about a live appearance until an official company is attached; a guarantor, of sorts, in addition to a promoter and VV himself in the rock media selling himself on his time and his dime. If that happens, I will put money down (not to travel to distant [for me] Nashville) to see him in NY, Philadelphia, DC or AC because I would love to hear No Substitute, Ashes to Ashes, That Time of Year, A Million to One and more live, from the person who wrote them; from the hands that held the pick and the pen of those songs and - why not? - the voice that could sing them, albeit it lower.
richiehaha

Post by richiehaha »

geepee16 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:38 am I am going to consider Vinnie Vincent's contribution to music finished. His 70s material, major KISS contributions (to the point that the band was resurrected on his talent), the excellent VVI debut album and - in my opinion - superlative ASG album, in addition to various other things he has done are enough. At age 67, with momentum from last year's comeback now completely squandered and no reliable prospects of anything new, it is no small fantasy to think something magic will happen again. I am sad to accept it, but realism is what is required here.

Tony Franklin is a top-tier bassist. Carmine brought credibility, star power and talent, too, in addition to the promised release of 200 copies of an album of music he had recorded with Vinnie ages ago. Vocalists were available. I just don't think Vinnie is/was/has been ready for this.

It's interesting when you watch the videos of him at conventions and he talked about how badly he wanted to succeed. The fire was lit and hot in those days. I do not think he approached this comeback with that same desire (those who have seen the videos will know what I am talking about). The build-up to these shows seemed like an exercise in 'let's see how much people still care.' He should have struck while the iron was still hot last year. Instead, we - the fans - were left to scour the Internet (YouTube, Facebook, rumor sites) to find information that should have been flooding our inboxes. I don't know what it will take to mount a return at this point, but Vinnie needs a consistent and open Internet presence: videos and a band (or alone with an acoustic) to convince everyone that he really is back and not just gone again.

So, I will not expect a book, new material, shows, interviews or otherwise until he invests in his return first. If he plans to be seen, heard and taken seriously again, he has to put himself out there, put some skin in the game, because I don't think fans will take any more first steps.

Much as I hate LiveNation and Ticketmaster, I will not believe anything about a live appearance until an official company is attached; a guarantor, of sorts, in addition to a promoter and VV himself in the rock media selling himself on his time and his dime. If that happens, I will put money down (not to travel to distant [for me] Nashville) to see him in NY, Philadelphia, DC or AC because I would love to hear No Substitute, Ashes to Ashes, That Time of Year, A Million to One and more live, from the person who wrote them; from the hands that held the pick and the pen of those songs and - why not? - the voice that could sing them, albeit it lower.
Thanks for your opinions and words of wisdom Geepee. I agree wholeheartedly with everything you wrote. I never had the feeling that Vinnie had "both feet in" during this comeback effort. I'm not optimistic there will ever be another Vinnie comeback, but stranger things have happened. I think everyone can agree that time's running out quickly if it hasn't run out already.
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

richiehaha wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:57 amThanks for your opinions and words of wisdom Geepee. I agree wholeheartedly with everything you wrote.

I agree with both of you.
Vinnie who?
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

According to the Full Shreddd group on FB, there will be an official statement from VV tomorrow.
Let's see what happens.