Rehearsals not happening yet for Nashville shows

News and information from 2018 onwards
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

Rehearsals not happening yet for Nashville shows

Post by strangeways »

Good Golly.
Attachments
file.jpg
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me
Streetbeat

Re: Rehearsals not happening yet for Nashville shows

Post by Streetbeat »

i wonder why they stopped selling tickets!
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

Why sell tickets and get themselves further in a jamb? "Vinnie's" post about the singer implied fairly strongly that the shows were unlikely to happen.
Vinnie who?
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

No rehearsals + Tickets no longer available for purchase + VV stating the show is unlikely to happen = More than likely the show won't happen.
geepee16

Post by geepee16 »

Where is VV's announcement about the show being unlikely to happen?

Post by 1031 »

Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

@1031 Sadly, I have seen bands butcher their own song that badly. The entire band blows dead bear on this one:

Vinnie who?
strangeways

Post by strangeways »

geepee16 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:15 pm Where is VV's announcement about the show being unlikely to happen?
Good question. I would like to see that as well so that I can document this in case I don't get my money back for the tickets I bought.
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
geepee16

Post by geepee16 »

This is a burning question for me. Is there a press release? Is it somewhere online officially? The names I often conduct searches with: Crean, Franklin, Appice, Trunk, et al do not yield anything indicating VV has stated the event was unlikely to happen. All I see is that the link to purchasing tickets is no longer active.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

We have to remember that these guys are professionals. No doubt Carmine & Tony have learnt the songs they've been asked to play and so, would only need a day or so rehearsal to get it together with Vinnie.

To use an example, watch the drummer auditions for Dream Theater from 8 years back. Those drummers had only played along to CDs before being put under the pump by playing along with the band to see how good they were. All those guys excelled in their audition!

And with due respect to Vinnie, DT's music is FAAAAARRRR more complicated than Vinnie or KISS' music!

Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
geepee16

Post by geepee16 »

Yes, but it has been stated here that Vinnie has stated the show is unlikely to happen. It is no longer a question of rehearsals but of official acknowledgement. If he has said or publicly speculated that the show will not happen, it is not an issue of rehearsals.

I imagine I speak for most when I ask, "What is happening?" Will there be shows or not?
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

geepee16 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:58 am I imagine I speak for most when I ask, "What is happening?" Will there be shows or not?

Most never expected the shows to happen, especially after the Graceland nonsense. Many of us certainly hoped, but few truly believed.

I would also argue that nobody has actually bought any tickets. People may have paid Derek for tickets, but I have yet to see any proof that tickets actually exist for the event. No idea where the "seating chart" came from that was on the ticket page as it not for the room that is being rented. I doubt Derek even rented chairs yet to have seats to sell a ticket for. Derek Ipaktchian at his best.
Last edited by Kuron on Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vinnie who?
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I will not speculate .
I will say that ,in this age of instant information, Vinnie ,AND ONLY VINNIE, can set the record straight immediately with a simple message.
Last edited by poserboy71 on Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

poserboy71 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:53 pm ... Vinnie ,AND ONLY VINNIE, can set the record strait immediately with a simple message.

Sadly, Vinnie still uses the same third-party communication method he has used since the "Meredith" days. I do wish he would be direct and it would make things a lot easier on himself. I fully support not engaging the Facebook crowd with the nonsense he has had to deal with there, but a simple post on his own site would more than suffice.
Vinnie who?
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Kuron wrote:I would also argue that nobody has actually bought any tickets. People may have paid Derek for tickets, but I have yet to see any proof that tickets actually exist for the event. No idea where the "seating chart" came from that was on the ticket page as it not for the room that is being rented. I doubt Derek even rented chairs yet to have seats to sell a ticket for. Derek Ipaktchian at his best.
Our tickets were supposed to have been mailed out to us 3 weeks before the show. But then it got postponed and moved venues.
The seating that is shown online for Rocketown is completely different from the seating at Graceland...then again Rocketown has no seats. Derek claimed that the seats would be 'just as good' or 'even better' than what people purchased.

I wrote a message concerning the tickets that were supposed to be mailed to us on the VVLive fb page. Of course, no response.

So disorganized.
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

AnkhWarrior wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:40 pmSo disorganized.

I truly feel for you and the other fans. I have been blessed to never have a bad experience with a music-related promoter (both as a musician and running sound for events). No so in the short time I was involved in pro wrestling, but it was only one bad experience and not getting paid.

No matter what the field of entertainment, there are good and bad promoters. Usually, the bad ones do not last. Derek seems to have the longevity because his events are on the smaller scale and they are at smaller venues. Legit venues will block a shoddy promoter from ever booking there again.

Michael W. Smith runs a clean establishment and is well-respected in Nashville. If Derek got black-listed at Rocketown, he may end up not being able to book at any venue in Nashville. If this goes south, I encourage people who paid $$ to let their feelings about Derek be known to Brittany at Rocketown. Honest feedback of what Derek has put folks through could possibly help keeping it from happening again in this area.
Vinnie who?
DaddyNoBucks

Post by DaddyNoBucks »

shramiac wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:01 am We have to remember that these guys are professionals. No doubt Carmine & Tony have learnt the songs they've been asked to play and so, would only need a day or so rehearsal to get it together with Vinnie.

To use an example, watch the drummer auditions for Dream Theater from 8 years back. Those drummers had only played along to CDs before being put under the pump by playing along with the band to see how good they were. All those guys excelled in their audition!

And with due respect to Vinnie, DT's music is FAAAAARRRR more complicated than Vinnie or KISS' music!

thank you shramiac! i just spent an hour or so watching the video you posted and the other to parts you didn't! (and i even knew ahead of time who they picked!) :P however, i don't need an excuse to jump down the rabbit hole and lose myself for an hour. :lol:

seriously though, you are exactly right. almost every drummer of the 5-7 they auditioned (some of which were shown in parts 2 and 3) nailed the 3 previously recorded songs. furthermore, john petrucci said they could play a gig that night with one of the drummers they auditioned one morning.
Cernex

Post by Cernex »

poserboy71 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:53 pm I will not speculate .
I will say that ,in this age of instant information, Vinnie ,AND ONLY VINNIE, can set the record straight immediately with a simple message.
This, pretty much.
Space Galleon Javelin - My space opera web serial. It's free! And complete! Go check it out.
Follow me on Twitter
My Amazon Author page, for if you want to check my fiction and stuff.
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Cernex wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:14 am
poserboy71 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:53 pm I will not speculate .
This, pretty much.

Yes, and in my opinion, the shows are not happening, you cannot buy tickets
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Yes I wish VV would just say if it's happening or not.
The tickets not being available for purchase is a big giveaway though.
It needs to be told so quickly because it's not far off...
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It's hard to sell out a show if they're not selling tickets.

Your right, that is a big hint and they need to announce what's going on.

They aren't selling tickets to new fans but they need to sort out the ones they did sell to already.

That's important.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

this weekend maybe..or maybe he won't be answering that and will say "ask the promoter"
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

Genebaby wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:10 am It's hard to sell out a show if they're not selling tickets.

To be fair, they were not selling out the Graceland show when they were selling tickets. Vinnie needs to realize this is not the 80s and now there is almost zero demand for him and he does not have the stroke he had in the 80s. Each of these hiccups over the last year results in even less demand for him as the fanbase keeps getting chipped away.

The 80's ego needs to be left in the 80's and Vinnie needs to be more ethical and have more ethical representation in all business dealings and stop stringing along what fans he has left. People work very hard for their money and do not deserve to be ripped off.

Vinnie has been awesome when interacting directly with the fans. That humility also needs to be shown in business dealings with fans and even peers. As much as people may still love Vinnie, at some point the excuses will become too much for even the most diehard fans. His legacy is getting to be worse now than if he never reappeared.

Vinnie can still pull the nose up on this and I hope he does.

If by chance things are getting to be "too much" for Vinnie and he is overwhelmed, he should simply say so and go back into seclusion. Nobody who truly cared would fault him. Vinnie's health and well-being are far more important than any obligations to his fans.
Vinnie who?
CGB

Post by CGB »

The demand for guitar heroes is still there worldwide but less in the US as is all the demand for real music. Vinnie may be positioned well. Van Halen is still drawing fans even with the signing of DLR. There is a lot of young talented bass players, drummers and singers who with Vinnie could be the next big thing. God knows we need good music in all genres.

The business has changed and all artists are getting screwed financially by promoters and the streaming services so it really needs to be a labor of love for one and all involved. I think Vinnie has a good chance of getting many new fans especially if he incorporates some razzle dazzle in shows and in his image. At this time in history the his androgynous image is cool. People go out to see bands as much as to hear them.

Vinnie has a lot to offer to a big fan base without selling out.
DaBonadono

Post by DaBonadono »

CGB wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:08 pm The demand for guitar heroes is still there worldwide but less in the US as is all the demand for real music. Vinnie may be positioned well. Van Halen is still drawing fans even with the signing of DLR. There is a lot of young talented bass players, drummers and singers who with Vinnie could be the next big thing. God knows we need good music in all genres.

The business has changed and all artists are getting screwed financially by promoters and the streaming services so it really needs to be a labor of love for one and all involved. I think Vinnie has a good chance of getting many new fans especially if he incorporates some razzle dazzle in shows and in his image. At this time in history the his androgynous image is cool. People go out to see bands as much as to hear them.

Vinnie has a lot to offer to a big fan base without selling out.

Well said. I totally agree with you!
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

CGB wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:08 pm There is a lot of young talented bass players, drummers and singers who with Vinnie could be the next big thing.

Vinnie just demonstrated he does not want an unknown. Which is sad, because with Carmine, Tony and Jim (who is the one not so well known), they are all immensely talented and the potential was there for a bright future.

Having young, talented unknowns would be Slaughter all over again. Slaughter was inevitable due to how much older Vinnie was. As soon as any popularity was gained, the young guys ditch the old fart and form a new splinter band as youth will always be more marketable. With Carmine, Tony, Jim and Vinnie, things would be on more equal footing, age and talent wise.

This is not a VVI revamp (which should have happened immediately when the original VVI split). Vinnie is starting fresh and will have to earn his way back to the top just like anybody else. Vinnie's age alone, gives him only a couple of more years before he enters the nostalgia/novelty category for touring.

Vinnie needs to remember this is not the 80s and the money that was being thrown around in the 80s does not exist today. He will never see that kind of money being offered again. Although albums can help put asses in seats for new bands, albums are rarely moneymakers. Money is made through touring and merch. Touring simply means you have to WORK to earn your keep and stay in the public eye.

Bands like Van Halen can ride on their old glory as they have a vast catalog. Vinnie does not have a back catalog, just two albums and he shits all over the one.

Reverse the decision on Jim (he has the voice and the drive you need to help put you back on top), do these small Nashville shows to establish some credibility and get the kinks out and start the NO EXCUSES TOUR. By the end of '19 they could be opening for established acts on fall tours and possibly get an album deal through Frontiers. By then, M3 in '20 would be a very real possibility.
Vinnie who?
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

Vinnie who?
CGB

Post by CGB »

Kuron wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:24 pm
CGB wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:08 pm There is a lot of young talented bass players, drummers and singers who with Vinnie could be the next big thing.

Vinnie just demonstrated he does not want an unknown. Which is sad, because with Carmine, Tony and Jim (who is the one not so well known), they are all immensely talented and the potential was there for a bright future.

Having young, talented unknowns would be Slaughter all over again. Slaughter was inevitable due to how much older Vinnie was. As soon as any popularity was gained, the young guys ditch the old fart and form a new splinter band as youth will always be more marketable. With Carmine, Tony, Jim and Vinnie, things would be on more equal footing, age and talent wise.

This is not a VVI revamp (which should have happened immediately when the original VVI split). Vinnie is starting fresh and will have to earn his way back to the top just like anybody else. Vinnie's age alone, gives him only a couple of more years before he enters the nostalgia/novelty category for touring.

Vinnie needs to remember this is not the 80s and the money that was being thrown around in the 80s does not exist today. He will never see that kind of money being offered again. Although albums can help put asses in seats for new bands, albums are rarely moneymakers. Money is made through touring and merch. Touring simply means you have to WORK to earn your keep and stay in the public eye.

Bands like Van Halen can ride on their old glory as they have a vast catalog. Vinnie does not have a back catalog, just two albums and he shits all over the one.

Reverse the decision on Jim (he has the voice and the drive you need to help put you back on top), do these small Nashville shows to establish some credibility and get the kinks out and start the NO EXCUSES TOUR. By the end of '19 they could be opening for established acts on fall tours and possibly get an album deal through Frontiers. By then, M3 in '20 would be a very real possibility.
Vinnie seems like a real sweetheart but clearly he had issues and may still have them. The sad part is, a lot of that paralyzing stuff is fixable. Letting his talent lay dormant that long is sad. Hopefully, he has recorded a lot of music during his long sabbatical and did studio work. Vinnie pretty much resurrected Kiss kinda in the way Sammy Hagar took Van Halen to the next level.

Right now the best bass player on the planet is a guy named Cody Wright. I know Cody and I know him to be sane and ethical. Cody can play any style and he plays guitar and keys.

Cody can shred and he's a composer. He's not a complete unknown because he toured with guitar god Eric Gales

If he needs a singer Caleb Johnson can sing anything and IMO Caleb needs better material and a better band.

I think if Vinny's band had a tough guy image and Vinnie kept the androgynous thing it would be unique, modern and appealing.
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

CGB wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:43 pmVinnie seems like a real sweetheart but clearly he had issues and may still have them. The sad part is, a lot of that paralyzing stuff is fixable. Letting his talent lay dormant that long is sad.

If Vinnie was happy in his seclusion, then it is nothing to be sad about. Musicians, we tend to wear our heart on our sleeve. If one has mental health issues, that is only going to complicate and intensify the normal emotions you have to deal with in the music business. Whether Vinnie has mental health issues or not is his own business.

Vinnie has a heart of gold, you can see it in his fan interactions in Atlanta a year ago. He genuinely cared about and loved the fans and he was deeply moved with how much he still meant to his fans.

Vinnie is in Atlanta this weekend, IIRC. It will be interesting to see if he mentions anything about the upcoming gigs to folks.

CGB wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:43 pmVinnie pretty much resurrected Kiss kinda in the way Sammy Hagar took Van Halen to the next level.

This is a prefect way to express it, and I agree 100% with your words, although perhaps for different reasons.

CGB wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:43 pmI think if Vinny's band had a tough guy image and Vinnie kept the androgynous thing it would be unique, modern and appealing.

There has been speculation Vinnie is transitioning. Even in the 80s, this would not have been a huge deal. People were very accepting of Boy George in the 80s. Those of us in the 80s who were in the VVI core demographic, were little kids in the 70s and exposed to The Village People and Flip Wilson and his Geraldine Jones character.

Whether Vinnie is or not, is of no relevance.
Vinnie who?
Spacewig

Post by Spacewig »

New interview posted with Tony Franklin. He talks about Carmine Appice, The Firm, and a new band that Franklin is putting together with John Sykes. Not a single mention of anything upcoming with Vinnie, which I found a bit strange. Franklin does go on to say that when working with different projects "things take planning, realistic budgeting, and all that stuff. That's the challenge these days!" I wonder if that has any reference to Derek or the Rocketown shows?? Hmmm...

Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Hmmmm.......
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Well, then 😕
CGB

Post by CGB »

As a musician who has played a lot of gigs I can tell you that putting a set together is not that hard. I played in bar bands mostly and we did 3 sets. Vinnie needs 9 or 10 songs and an encore. Do it!

If I were Vinnie and I had his chops and his gift I would not have dropped out of music for even a month. I still compose and record and I compose in all styles. I like every style but electronica/EDM and anything with fake sounding percussion.

This one is kinda poking fun at speed metal using bass instead of guitar.

I like creating music and while it's more of a hobby and a labor of love for me I can't conceive of ever stopping. Maybe it's because my main instrument is bass and bass players are the Rodney Dangerfields of musicians. Maybe it's because music did not come easy to me and I am still and always remain a student. Why Vinnie became a hermit will probably remain a mystery. Prince created until the day he died. His death broke my heart. I get that some artists are idiosyncratic and I worked with a bunch of them. I worked with a guitar player who was a prodigy and a virtuoso on his instrument as well as one of the most erudite music theory guys I know. He was one of Joe Bonamassa's teachers. Joe kept his nose to the grind stone and helped a lot of people along the way. Joe will grow as a musician until the day he dies.

I hope Vinnie keeps going and keeps growing for himself and for his music and for music in general. Whether his fans like it or not should not matter. I think he should expand upon the 80's stuff but allow it to naturally evolve into something brand new. I hope his lead work is more musical.
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

CGB wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:13 pmIf I were Vinnie and I had his chops and his gift I would not have dropped out of music for even a month.

Although we may never know Vinnie's true reasons, I do know what it is like for life to throw something so devastating at you, that you not only put down all of your instruments, you sell all of them and do not touch a guitar again for 20 years because it causes overwhelming emotional pain. Not something I would wish on anybody, and in Vinnie's case with what he has said, it sounds like he went through something that was extremely traumatic for him.

CGB wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:13 pmMaybe it's because my main instrument is bass and bass players are the Rodney Dangerfields of musicians. Maybe it's because music did not come easy to me and I am still and always remain a student.

Like you, music never came easy for me, regardless of the instrument. Do not be hard on yourself. I know a bass player here who has been on The Grand Ole Opry over 400 times. That is an an untouchable (and prestigious) accomplishment, no matter what instrument somebody may play.
Vinnie who?
Invader

Post by Invader »

The fact that the tickets are no longer in sale says it all.

Shame. I would have enjoyed to see you AnkhWarrior!
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

Invader wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:37 pm The fact that the tickets are no longer in sale says it all.
That is a far bigger issue than the lack of rehearsals, venue/format/lineup changes. As bizarre as all of this has been, I would not be shocked if the gig did happen, but nobody showed up because Derek quit selling tickets.

There is a listing for bootleg Vinnie Vincent 2019 tour shirts on ebay. Based on the photo, they are actually 2018 Graceland shirts, but it is a way to purchase a shirt to an imaginary gig at Graceland that never happened and always remember this fiasco.
Vinnie who?
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

Sadly, having a contract does not mean anything if the artist is not ethical. Even then, it is only going to protect the promoter and perhaps the venue. The fans will not be compensated for their losses.
Vinnie who?
strangeways

Post by strangeways »

I hear Tony Franklin has removed the event from his facebook page.
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

strangeways wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:39 am I hear Tony Franklin has removed the event from his facebook page.

Tony is an honest guy. :wink:

I am guessing there will be an announcement soon. Given that ticket ordering is disabled, there is no way to bilk more people for money if they delay canceling it.

Sad. Bizarre and sad.
Vinnie who?
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

So Sad, Tony and Carmine were happy to do this
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Kuron wrote:
Invader wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:37 pm The fact that the tickets are no longer in sale says it all.
There is a listing for bootleg Vinnie Vincent 2019 tour shirts on ebay. Based on the photo, they are actually 2018 Graceland shirts, but it is a way to purchase a shirt to an imaginary gig at Graceland that never happened and always remember this fiasco.
I bought a Graceland shirt from eBay last year.

It's for a show that never happened of course
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Everyone needs an official announcement on the state of these shows.

It's been a crappy year for this sort of stuff since Atlanta.

I was set to be at the June expo that was announced but that fell through big time.

I'm glad it did fairly quickly cause I'd have been quite the unhappy fan if I'd bought a ticket, then booked flights from Australia, to have it cancelled and all that money spent to not witness VV history.

I'd have made the best of my trip, but I would rather go for an important event.

This kind of loss has happened with Graceland for some. Luckily not from overseas, as far as I'm aware.

Now who knows what is happening for Nashville but it is not looking good to spend money on Vinnie if you have to make travel arrangements and incur costs to be there.

It's not a safe bet and that is a shame.

This is not where I thought we'd be a year ago.
metatron

Post by metatron »

CGB wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:13 pm As a musician who has played a lot of gigs I can tell you that putting a set together is not that hard. I played in bar bands mostly and we did 3 sets. Vinnie needs 9 or 10 songs and an encore. Do it!

If I were Vinnie and I had his chops and his gift I would not have dropped out of music for even a month. I still compose and record and I compose in all styles. I like every style but electronica/EDM and anything with fake sounding percussion.

This one is kinda poking fun at speed metal using bass instead of guitar.

I like creating music and while it's more of a hobby and a labor of love for me I can't conceive of ever stopping. Maybe it's because my main instrument is bass and bass players are the Rodney Dangerfields of musicians. Maybe it's because music did not come easy to me and I am still and always remain a student. Why Vinnie became a hermit will probably remain a mystery. Prince created until the day he died. His death broke my heart. I get that some artists are idiosyncratic and I worked with a bunch of them. I worked with a guitar player who was a prodigy and a virtuoso on his instrument as well as one of the most erudite music theory guys I know. He was one of Joe Bonamassa's teachers. Joe kept his nose to the grind stone and helped a lot of people along the way. Joe will grow as a musician until the day he dies.

I hope Vinnie keeps going and keeps growing for himself and for his music and for music in general. Whether his fans like it or not should not matter. I think he should expand upon the 80's stuff but allow it to naturally evolve into something brand new. I hope his lead work is more musical.
I really enjoyed that. Awesome bass shred.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
metatron

Post by metatron »

Streetbeat wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:33 am So Sad, Tony and Carmine were happy to do this
Not a good sign.
Get the Lead Out.
Oh, I meant, the Song Remains the Same.
What a shame.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

Streetbeat wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:33 amSo Sad, Tony and Carmine were happy to do this

This really speaks to Carmine's character, given his past with Vinnie. But as bad as that past was, Carmine thought enough of it to hold on to the music they created together and planned to release it at the Nashville gig. That alone would have helped give Vinnie a push as it would have been the first new release of unheard Vinnie music in a long time.

Genebaby wrote:Everyone needs an official announcement on the state of these shows.

It's been a crappy year for this sort of stuff since Atlanta.

Sadly, the only "official" sources are Vinnie and Derek, neither of which are trustworthy.

I feel bad for those who are out $$, but I also feel bad about those who are younger and this is their first exposure to Vinnie.

In retrospect, the truth was there when Vinnie dumped all over Chris.

It would be easy to be extremely nasty in comments about Vinnie. But, the more things that go on, and the more bizarre things get, the easier it is to believe that mental health problems are playing a part in this.
Vinnie who?
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Was just told by Chris that he heard from two sources that Tony Franklin has confirmed the show at Rocketown will not be happening
Kuron

Post by Kuron »

I hope Tony knows how much we appreciate his candor.

Chris said it best a year ago: Fuck Vinnie Vincent!

It should make for interesting appearances for Vinnie this weekend in Atlanta.

Vinnie who?
Detroit

Post by Detroit »

Kuron wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:37 am I hope Tony knows how much we appreciate his candor.

Its so sad. I would have wanted to hear the BEST Kiss album he has in his sleeves. According to his words, ie. Yes, at least that, but why not all these three VV albums that he also have as ready to go.
Only the truth can set you free
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It's not Tony's job to announce these things but at least someone is doing it, to whoever can hear it and the word can spread.

Derek and Vinnie being so quiet? Not good at all.

This is Vinnie's career they are messing with.

I'm so unhappy with how the follow on expos and shows all became "dust in the wind".
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Kuron wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:37 am I hope Tony knows how much we appreciate his candor.

I understand the disappointment. I feel it as well.
BUT...
We don't have to be distasteful about it.
The best we can do is be encouraging and human about this.
This,THANKFULLY,is the end of Derek manipulating things. He simply doesn't understand managing a person or event. It is questionable if he can manage himself.
I will be contesting my credit card charges for both Atlanta and Memphis/Nashville.
The good news is Vinnie might talk be talking with the Nolans again. They are good people with Vinnie's and our (the fans) best interest in mind
The future looks bright now.
Don't lose hope.
Let Vinnie find his footing.
30 years away...it has to be an amazing struggle.
ENCOURAGE.
I am grateful he is trying.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS