Gene Simmons Vault Nashville........

News and information from 2018 onwards
MRW

Gene Simmons Vault Nashville........

Post by MRW »

Didn't see this posted anywhere, and just saw it on Facebook......so here you are :)
Attachments
gene simmons vault.jpg
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Gene Simmons Vault Nashville........

Post by Genebaby »

Nice. I'm looking forward to hearing reports when this happens.

I feel a lot will hinge on how well this goes.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Even though I have never cared for Gene, looking forward to seeing how this turns out.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

This will definitely lead to future endeavors between the two . Whether it means the all-inclusive Farewell Tour ,writing more tunes, providing that "best Kiss album never heard",or Vinnie being a part of the band that Gene has with the RNR Residency from NASHVILLE ;) (that would kick some booty ).

I think everyone in the Kiss camp is on the same page at this point in their life and careers.
All of them except the STAR ;) ,who will probably close out his days bitterly.
Hope for the best...
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Cool!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

i hope all is well and i hope those two work together, i've always said this : Together they are Dynamite !!!
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

That would be awesome when the two are working together again!
We will see what will happen! But I think when Vinnie is playing on a accustic guitar with Gene together it will be a lot better as Ace playing with Gene. I have seen the Video,...no words what Ace has played. He don't remembered the chords or the music he had played for so many years..
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Yes it was weird to watch
MRW

Post by MRW »

Detroit

Post by Detroit »

Not much love for Vinnie. Gene knows how he is. It was ackward to watch. Lots of tension. There was a new drama already in the FB. Don't want to hurt anyones feelings but this is not going to en well. Thistime, however, Im gonna get my t-shirt:) Have to act fast.
Only the truth can set you free
BengalWACO

Post by BengalWACO »

Thank you for the link.
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

Yeah after seeing the video I'm glad I didn't waste 2000 dollars on this. Gene acted like he didn't even want to be in the same room as Vinnie. When Vinnie went to hug Gene he turned away, then they didn't even play one single song and Gene kept trying to leave as soon as the thing started. It was painful to watch.

Then at the same time there is a bunch of drama regarding Bill his guitar tech. Not a good day for Vinnie.
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Such a sad shame...

I watched very little video of Gene and Vinnie because personally, I've never cared for Gene.

If Gene was going to act this way toward Vinnie, why bother having him as a guest...oh yeah, get whatever publicity you can.

Sure everyone else seen but on fb Bill said he was basically betrayed.
El3ktra

Post by El3ktra »

I have watched the videos on you tube and I didn't see hostility at all .. I saw gene acting like Gene. In fact I thought it was funny. Peter Criss was at the NY vault for less than 5 mins it seemed . Thought it was entertaining. .The whole thing with his guitar Tech is unfortunate but sounds like sour grapes to me.... Remember there are always two sides to the story.
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

Gene tried to be a meaner Mr Mustard than Paul. Did he succeed?
say two sky two say fare
birnie

Post by birnie »

I thought it was ok, Gene not being nasty.
I've never seen Vinnie laugh so much !
That was pretty cool
Vinnie trying to get the crowd on side for Gene/Vinnie reunion ;) Nice
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Vinnie should plug into a Jackson and Shred the hell out of everyone! if possible.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Streetbeat wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:26 pm Vinnie should plug into a Jackson and Shred the hell out of everyone! if possible.
Is he capable of that?
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

birnie wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:39 pm I thought it was ok, Gene not being nasty.
I've never seen Vinnie laugh so much !
That was pretty cool
Vinnie trying to get the crowd on side for Gene/Vinnie reunion ;) Nice
That's the way I saw it too.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
birnie

Post by birnie »

Slayer wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:00 am
Streetbeat wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:26 pm Vinnie should plug into a Jackson and Shred the hell out of everyone! if possible.
Is he capable of that?
Yeah, I wonder the same but it was good to see him noodling around up close.
Even if he pumps out some cool riffs fully distorted, I'd be chuffed.

I really laughed when Gene was saying "what did you used to call me? Geno?.....and arsehole"
Making light of previous tensions was pure gold in my books :D
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

AnkhWarrior wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:24 pm Such a sad shame...

I watched very little video of Gene and Vinnie because personally, I've never cared for Gene.

If Gene was going to act this way toward Vinnie, why bother having him as a guest...oh yeah, get whatever publicity you can.

There was another video uploaded today from after Gene left. Vinnie was pretty much left on his own on stage with no host or MC or anything and the audience seemed like they didn't even care he was there. I don't understand why Gene even invited him. I felt bad for Vinnie. It was like watching someone get stood up on a date.
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

ZachAttack wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:31 pm

There was another video uploaded today from after Gene left. Vinnie was pretty much left on his own on stage with no host or MC or anything and the audience seemed like they didn't even care he was there. I don't understand why Gene even invited him. I felt bad for Vinnie. It was like watching someone get stood up on a date.
I don't understand either.
Sure there were some people there/interested to see Vinnie...but the main attraction was Gene, obviously.

It was all awkward. The way he acted toward Vinnie, was not the way you would normally act toward someone whom you worked with and hadn't seen in over 20 years.
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Well according to Vinnie, he ran late due to a storm, hence why he and Gene were on stage together for a short time. Understandable.
Vinnie had a good time with Gene. If he says he did, that's all that matters.
VinnieFan

Post by VinnieFan »

Never gonna happen. He’s toast.
Rise All Creatures, Hail To The Beast...Eyes Full Of Fire, Consummate My Feast.
VinnieFan

Post by VinnieFan »

El3ktra wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:00 pm I have watched the videos on you tube and I didn't see hostility at all .. I saw gene acting like Gene. In fact I thought it was funny. Peter Criss was at the NY vault for less than 5 mins it seemed . Thought it was entertaining. .The whole thing with his guitar Tech is unfortunate but sounds like sour grapes to me.... Remember there are always two sides to the story.
Peter looked like he was ready / locked & loaded. Hair was great, in good shape and had charisma.

Vinnie, the exact - o p p o s i t e! Why most of you dont see this is beyond me.
MRW

Post by MRW »

To wrap up the Nashville weekend, this from Vinnie's FB:

SUNDAY APRIL 15, 2018

Hi Guys,

A few things to share with you;

1. First of all, I really had a blast seeing Gene at the vault. He still cracks me up. Just like old times. I got in the a bad storm on the way down which caused me to be late which is why He left me early on stage to meet the fans who came for the event, otherwise we would have played more and shared more stage time together. I have a feeling this is only the beginning. I think they'll be more. He's so entertaining and when he came up with that Abbott & Costello theme, I lost it.....and then CHOO CHOO CHARLIE. I thought I was the only one with no life who sat in front of the TV for 10 hours a day as a kid who watched these shows all the time. I just figured out the reason we had the magic we did, and that was because we shared the same TV life when we were kids. I wanna thank everyone who stopped at my table at the vault to meet me personally. It was great to see u in person face to face and get to know you. Thank you all for the love, IT WAS A GREAT DAY.

2. I HAVE BEEN TALKING TO PROMOTERS ABOUT A VINNIE TOUR.
So these are the plans and lets hope they materialize. If they don't I will be sad...but this is it so far as I know to share with you. The promoters want to do a VINNIE ACOUSTIC TOUR in key cities and when that is done, then........

THE VINNIE VINCENT ELECTRIC F-U-L-L S-H-R-E-D-D TOUR.

FASTEN YOUR SEATBELTS BABY...

Now I know that will be fun. Yes????

love u guys, see u at CHILLER....ooooscarry... VININIE
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

VinnieFan wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:57 pm
El3ktra wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:00 pm I have watched the videos on you tube and I didn't see hostility at all .. I saw gene acting like Gene. In fact I thought it was funny. Peter Criss was at the NY vault for less than 5 mins it seemed . Thought it was entertaining. .The whole thing with his guitar Tech is unfortunate but sounds like sour grapes to me.... Remember there are always two sides to the story.
Peter looked like he was ready / locked & loaded. Hair was great, in good shape and had charisma.

Vinnie, the exact - o p p o s i t e! Why most of you dont see this is beyond me.

I have to agree with you there.

I'm really surprised he didn't re-learn a few of the old KISS songs he wrote with them as he should have known they'd get asked for! Live and learn I guess. Chalk it up to inexperience? Hopefully he'll look better each time he makes an appearance!
Detroit

Post by Detroit »

Slayer wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:00 am
Is he capable of that?
Somebody asked him that in fb (can you still shred like in 80's). Yes, I can, was the answer.
Only the truth can set you free
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

AnkhWarrior wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:33 pm Well according to Vinnie, he ran late due to a storm, hence why he and Gene were on stage together for a short time. Understandable.
Vinnie had a good time with Gene. If he says he did, that's all that matters.
That explains why Gene was acting weird towards him. I would be pissed too if someone was running late and threw everything off when they already LIVE there. It's like whenever I've been on tour and the local opening band who lives 5 minutes away shows up 2 hours late and screws the entire show up. Vinnie should have been there EARLY. For all we know there could have been a longer show planned and Gene got pissed and said fuck it and cut it short...although I heard at the event that Peter came to that he was only there for like 1 minute and left so maybe all these Vault shows are just shitty.
QSano

Post by QSano »

Today Vinnie announced an acoustic tour followed by an all out shred tour.

Very exciting!
VinnieFan

Post by VinnieFan »

Watch the whole video. Gene was not mean. He was pleasant. Vinnie was the one who was pushy.
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

VinnieFan wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:01 pm

Watch the whole video. Gene was not mean. He was pleasant. Vinnie was the one who was pushy.
Hence why I said what I said in my last comment on this post lol
Although I wouldn't say Vinnie was being pushy. He just expected more time onstage with Gene. But he ran late and Gene wanted to meet the fans.
VinnieFan

Post by VinnieFan »

AnkhWarrior wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:37 pm
VinnieFan wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:01 pm

Hence why I said what I said in my last comment on this post lol
Although I wouldn't say Vinnie was being pushy. He just expected more time onstage with Gene. But he ran late and Gene wanted to meet the fans.
I meant vinnie was pushy in the sense that he was always asking the audience what they thiught of the two of them being on stage.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

And Gene didn't just want to meet his fans, he NEEDED to go and meet them as they had paid $2k to meet him at this time, so that's to be expected.

All good from my angle, about what I would have expected given the circumstances.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Cernex

Post by Cernex »

Genebaby wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:01 pm All good from my angle, about what I would have expected given the circumstances.
Yeah, after watching the video that's the vibe I get. Gene being Gene, Vinnie being Vinnie, could've been great but time was short due to storm.

If he's good with Gene and he's having fun -which by all means it seems like he is and at least said that much- then that's what's important. At least that's what I think. Plus, this two have known each other for years if not decades. Sure they each know how the other would behave in such situation and acted accordingly, so its all cool.
Space Galleon Javelin - My space opera web serial. It's free! And complete! Go check it out.
Follow me on Twitter
My Amazon Author page, for if you want to check my fiction and stuff.
VikingVVFan

Post by VikingVVFan »

Just embarrassing.
There's no way Gene invites Vinnie to a Vault show again. Unfortunately.
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

Vinnie ´s so much better in dB geek podcast
say two sky two say fare