VV @ Days of the Dead

News and information from 2018 onwards
AnkhWarrior

VV @ Days of the Dead

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Coming off a 22 year hiatus from the public eye, it is with great pleasure that we announce the addition of musician, VINNIE VINCENT, to the guest roster for DAYS OF THE DEAD: Charlotte, happening May 18th - 20th at the Sheraton Charlotte hotel.

Vinnie Vincent is perhaps best known as a former member of the legendary rock band, KISS, which he performed with from 1982 until mid-1984, and appearing on the albums LICK IT UP and CREATURES OF THE NIGHT. Vincent was the last member to wear a unique makeup/costume concept, taking on the character of "Ankh Warrior". Vinnie Vincent is the music architect who performed, produced and written music with his own band, VINNIE VINCENT INVASION, releasing two full length albums with the group. Horror fans may even remember the song "Love Kills," written by Vincent, which not only appeared as part of the soundtrack to A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET 4: THE DREAM MASTER, but also saw Vinnie wearing Freddy Kruger's trademark sweater, hat, and glove in the "Love Kills" video, as well as performing the song with Freddy himself in an MTV special hour long promotion for NOES 4.

Vinnie Vincent joins previously announced guests Cassandra Peterson, Linda Blair, Thom Mathews, C.J. Graham, Tony Todd, Dee Snider, Heather Langenkamp, Linnea Quigley, and many, MANY more to be announced for DOTD's debut in the Carolinas!

Tickets for DAYS OF THE DEAD: Charlotte will be on sale are ON SALE NOW at http://www.daysofthedead.com/

Sooooo who is going to go? Idk if I will go or not.
Seeing Linda Blair there will be pretty cool.
HotVinnie

Re: VV @ Days of the Dead

Post by HotVinnie »

I’ll LOVE to go but my good friend said she isn’t going :( . so if somebody here is going and don’t mind hanging out with me then I’ll go (: . I’m also going to the Indy KISS Expo the week before!!!
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Yeah I only wanted to go if a few people I knew were gonna go...but they all said nah, they're waiting on Nashville.
It'd be cool to see VV again so soon but Nashville is where it's at. He will be the MAIN focus as it should be.
Will be looking forward to hearing people's experiences and photos from this Days of the Dead event though.
HotVinnie

Post by HotVinnie »

AnkhWarrior wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:21 am Yeah I only wanted to go if a few people I knew were gonna go...but they all said nah, they're waiting on Nashville.
It'd be cool to see VV again so soon but Nashville is where it's at. He will be the MAIN focus as it should be.
Will be looking forward to hearing people's experiences and photos from this Days of the Dead event though.
I just noticed the dates :/ May 18 is going to be my brother’s 4th birthday and he’s like my best friend and means the world to me. It will break my heart to miss his birthday and be gone all weekend :cry: . But I SO want to see Vinnie again!! UGH idk what to do....
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Vinnie will be in Nashville so no biggie.
Before I would see myself attempting to try and go to each event Vinnie is at but it just isn't possible. I'd be constantly broke lol.
It may be too early to tell but I don't see a that big of a reaction from people for the Days of the Dead event. A lot of people saying they either cannot make it or just want to wait for Nashville.
I'd rather just wait for Nashville where Vinnie will be the main focus and it'll be all about Vinnie. That's the main gig.
I might change my mind but as of right now, no go for me.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It is very cool to see Vinnie is legitimately out there, and is adding events to his calendar. This is great and so unbelievable.

I"m sure we'll be able to see pics and vision, for those that can't attend.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

I would go but I'm going to Legions Of Metal in Chicago that weekend, plus I'll already be at Nashville and the Indy Kiss Expo. I don't think I'm gonna try to go to EVERY expo he does, especially something like Days Of The Dead where all he's gonna be doing is just sitting at a table signing autographs. It seems like he's gonna be doing a lot of appearances now anyway so we'll probably have more chances to see him
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

NC- reachable by car. And obviously Nashville will be as well. My hope is he'll get an "Invasion" bus on the road for the longer stints to NY and CA.
A pink one.... travelling the countryside; a pink VVV painted on like the Gibson Bus! You heard it here first~
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

fullshredd wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:56 pm NC- reachable by car. And obviously Nashville will be as well. My hope is he'll get an "Invasion" bus on the road for the longer stints to NY and CA.
A pink one.... travelling the countryside; a pink VVV painted on like the Gibson Bus! You heard it here first~
Try not to compare VV to Gibson.
Gibson has sucked for years and is probably going under.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
HotVinnie

Post by HotVinnie »

AnkhWarrior wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:44 am Vinnie will be in Nashville so no biggie.
Before I would see myself attempting to try and go to each event Vinnie is at but it just isn't possible. I'd be constantly broke lol.
It may be too early to tell but I don't see a that big of a reaction from people for the Days of the Dead event. A lot of people saying they either cannot make it or just want to wait for Nashville.
I'd rather just wait for Nashville where Vinnie will be the main focus and it'll be all about Vinnie. That's the main gig.
I might change my mind but as of right now, no go for me.
Haha I remember telling myself when Vinnie is back I'll be at every event he's at!!! And yes the Nashville is THE main thing that for sure I'm going!!
ZachAttack wrote: I don't think I'm gonna try to go to EVERY expo he does, especially something like Days Of The Dead where all he's gonna be doing is just sitting at a table signing autographs.
Exactly. That's all he's gonna do autograph and photos. I only want to go just to give him a hug and take a photo Lol. It's a three day event that'll be 3 additional photos to add with the 4 photos we took in Atlanta!!

Still considering it. Most likely will be a no unless I feel some kind of force and end up buying tickets haha but that will only happen if I know someone who's pretty cool to be around with that's going!! (:
Last edited by HotVinnie on Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

ZachAttack wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:48 pm I would go but I'm going to Legions Of Metal in Chicago that weekend, plus I'll already be at Nashville and the Indy Kiss Expo. I don't think I'm gonna try to go to EVERY expo he does, especially something like Days Of The Dead where all he's gonna be doing is just sitting at a table signing autographs. It seems like he's gonna be doing a lot of appearances now anyway so we'll probably have more chances to see him
Right. Going to every event he does would be impossible..unless I was rich lol.
Getting just autographs and photos from him isn't a good enough experience. It's like travel for so many hours just to stand in line to get an autograph, take a photo and chat for a few min lol.
Nashville will be much better since he will be the main focus and there will be so much more to do.
Last edited by AnkhWarrior on Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
HotVinnie

Post by HotVinnie »

ZachAttack wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:48 pm plus I'll already be at Nashville and the Indy Kiss Expo.
You're going to Indy too??? I guess I'll see you in both Indy and Nashville!!

Did you hear that Mark Slaughter has been confirmed as a guest in Indy??!?!
HotVinnie

Post by HotVinnie »

This shit is gonna be interesting. I already know all the KISS fans is gonna ask Mark about all the things Vinnie said during Sunday's Q&A...

image.jpg
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

HotVinnie wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:35 am This shit is gonna be interesting. I already know all the KISS fans is gonna ask Mark about all the things Vinnie said during Sunday's Q&A...
Very interesting HotVinnie! I've met Mark a few times over the years. He's a collector of Zemaitis guitars last we spoke (it was a while ago). He gave me his number but I never reached out to discuss gear. Seemed like a cool guy 8)
HotVinnie

Post by HotVinnie »

fullshredd wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:45 am
HotVinnie wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:35 am This shit is gonna be interesting. I already know all the KISS fans is gonna ask Mark about all the things Vinnie said during Sunday's Q&A...
Very interesting HotVinnie! I've met Mark a few times over the years. He's a collector of Zemaitis guitars last we spoke (it was a while ago). He gave me his number but I never reached out to discuss gear. Seemed like a cool guy 8)
Never met him before but it seems like I will soon!! Lol

Cool to know in a few months I can say I've met 3 out of the 5 Invasion members.

All that's left now is Dana and Bobby!!
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

HotVinnie wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:52 am
fullshredd wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:45 am
Never met him before but it seems like I will soon!! Lol

Cool to know in a few months I can say I've met 3 out of the 5 Invasion members.

All that's left now is Dana and Bobby!!
When Slaughter toured I caught Mark, Dana, and Bobby at a club here in NJ. It was a 2nd Generation 3/4 VVI reunion lol
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I wonder if there will be 8x10s of vv with Freddy's glove and the ibanez?
I still can not believe love kills wasn't a huge hit. The label really really screwed up with that. Radio pushers , publicists etc should have been working over time on getting that played on mtv a lot. The single in Europe came out after the band broke up which was weird.. Would have been weird if it hit and no band to push it. I still wish gfh had come out in 1989/90. Things just feel unfinished without that .
Bye Bye
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

That’s a very good idea, Dino. Love it.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I hope Mark exercises restraint and calm when answering Vinnie questions.
Vinnie did owe him quite a few verbal bitchslaps for comments and a certain tune from years ago.
Although Mark softened his blows in recent years, Vinnie has 30 years of shit to get off his chest.
Vinnie is allowed to vent. Mark should gracefully take a few lumps for his cheap shots given.

NEWBEGINNINGS
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

HotVinnie wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:29 am
ZachAttack wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:48 pm plus I'll already be at Nashville and the Indy Kiss Expo.

Yeah I'm only a few hours away from Indianapolis and Nashville. I'm gonna get my All System Go record signed by Mark and then by Vinnie in Nashville.

I actually met both Dana and Mark when Slaughter played here years ago but didn't think to bring any VVI stuff for them to sign. Dana was actually really nice despite like every person in the music business saying he's a massive jerk off
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

You mean when slaughter started up?
Yes they were talking about vv back then. At the kiss show I went to that slaughter opened up for they said before burnin bridges you all know who this song is about (even though most people there would have barely known who ace was )

I have to say Mark was always way nicer about vv...did you hear what Robert used to say? Not in same league.

But its all water under the bridge now. Past is past .. Always hurt stored in the past.
poserboy71 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:01 pm I hope Mark exercises restraint and calm when answering Vinnie questions.
Vinnie did owe him quite a few verbal bitchslaps for comments and a certain tune from years ago.
Although Mark softened his blows in recent years, Vinnie has 30 years of shit to get off his chest.
Vinnie is allowed to vent. Mark should gracefully take a few lumps for his cheap shots given.
Bye Bye
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

doublev2 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:33 am You mean when slaughter started up?
Yes they were talking about vv back then. At the kiss show I went to that slaughter opened up for they said before burnin bridges you all know who this song is about (even though most people there would have barely known who ace was )

I have to say Mark was always way nicer about vv...did you hear what Robert used to say? Not in same league.

But its all water under the bridge now. Past is past .. Always hurt stored in the past.
poserboy71 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:01 pm I hope Mark exercises restraint and calm when answering Vinnie questions.
Time to make peace before it's too late. And nothing wrong with re-living the "good times" of the past. Everyone has been carrying forward the negative shit for too long. I just think it's imperative that VV release everything ASAP that are his works. But in order to do this, he needs to clean his "house" first and make amends as much as he can. He needs his fans and family to help support him.

PS, anyone catch wind of the twins at the Expo? Or anywhere for that matter?
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

fullshredd wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:10 am

Twins as in HIS twins? If so, no.

VV did tell me though that his daughter has the same name as me when I told him :)

They're doing their own thing career wise.

Although I don't like to bring his family, especially his daughters, into discussion. That's just me.
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

AnkhWarrior wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:18 am

VV did tell me though that his daughter has the same name as me when I told him :)

Although I don't like to bring his family, especially his daughters, into discussion. That's just me.
Good that he mentioned they're still in contact. You're entitled to your opinion, as that IS just yours. You want to sound like you're a self-anointed guardian of the man and that you're self-entitled to more info. than anyone. I get it. True fans are guardians to some degree. However, I didn't announce their names, per se. And everything is on the 'net if you have search prowess. Please don't lecture me on what's open for discussion and what isn't, and implying or insinuating that I propagate less-than- ethical behavior compared to yourself.

PS, folks have offered up FAR more information about Vinnie on this board in the past. I'm not condoning anything in regard to personal information disclosed. I just asked a simple question as to if they were present during his coming out appearance. Not very detrimental. But that's just me~
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Drew, The way you brought it up was fine. It is a subject that we try not to discuss out of respect. People were trying to post photos and businesses related to them years ago. We put a stop to that.We do not know or claim to know if there is contact between family. Yes, we have screwed up in the past. We are trying to be better. "New Beginnings" remember ? ;)
Jess wasn't attacking you or trying to be a know-it-all.
We just try to center our conversations only around Vinnie.
Last edited by poserboy71 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

NEWBEGINNINGS
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

fullshredd wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:29 am
AnkhWarrior wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:18 am

Good that he mentioned they're still in contact. You're entitled to your opinion, as that IS just yours. You want to sound like you're a guardian of the man and that you're self-entitled to more info. than anyone. I get it. I didn't announce their names, per se. And everything is on the 'net if you have search prowess. Please don't lecture me on what's open for discussion and what isn't, and implying or insinuating that I propagate less-than- ethical behavior compared to yourself.

PS, folks have offered up FAR more information about Vinnie on this board in the past. I'm not condoning anything in regard to personal information disclosed. I just asked a simple question as to if they were present during his coming out appearance. Not very detrimental. But that's just me~
Whoa, no need for the attitude.

I did offer just that, my opinion lol and I answered your question by stating no, there were no sign of the twins.
Guardian of the man? For stating my opinion that I don't like to discuss his daughters for that matter? Oh, man!

Since you know how so much info has been offered on this board, then you would know that whenever his daughters have been brought up, people suggested that people would refrain from it.

No need to blow this out of proportion. Unnecessary.
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

poserboy71 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:49 am Drew, The way you brought it up was fine. It is a subject that we try not to discuss out of respect. People were trying to post photos and businesses related to them years ago. We put a stop to that.We do not know or claim to know if there is contact between family. Yes, we have screwed up in the past. We are trying to be better. "New Beginnings" remember ? ;)
Jess wasn't attacking you or trying to be a know-it-all.
We just try to center our conversations only around Vinnie.
Thank you, Rick. Explained perfectly.
HotVinnie

Post by HotVinnie »

ZachAttack wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:21 pm
HotVinnie wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:29 am

Yeah I'm only a few hours away from Indianapolis and Nashville. I'm gonna get my All System Go record signed by Mark and then by Vinnie in Nashville.
Ahh same here!! Well Vinnie has already signed my ASG now it's Mark's turn (:

And then hopefully I can get Bobby and Dana to sign both invasion albums soon.

I'll have everybody's signature :o
HotVinnie

Post by HotVinnie »

For those who are going to the INDY KISS EXPO. Robert Fleischman and Bobby Rock are both confirmed as a guest!!

Robert will be there Saturday only - May 12th
Mark Slaughter will be there Sunday only - May 13th

And Bobby Rock will be there Sunday - May 13th but might be there Saturday too depending on his schedule!!

GUESS I'LL BE BRINGING MY VVI STUFF!!

SUPER EXCITED NOW!!! :lol:
Attachments
image.jpg
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

HotVinnie wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:48 am For those who are going to the INDY KISS EXPO. Robert Fleischman and Bobby Rock are both confirmed as a guest!!

Robert will be there Saturday only - May 12th
Mark Slaughter will be there Sunday only - May 13th

And Bobby Rock will be there Sunday - May 13th but might be there Saturday too depending on his schedule!!

GUESS I'LL BE BRINGING MY VVI STUFF!!

SUPER EXCITED NOW!!! :lol:
I don't remember the Indy Expo ever being a 2 day long event, I guess it's a bigger deal this year. Last time I went it was just a tiny dealer room with like 5 vendors and then you stood in line for 6 hours to meet Tommy and Eric. I'm really excited about meeting Bobby, now I can get both of my VVI records AND my Nitro album signed! Also it's kinda weird how Mark and Robert are there on different days
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Well then...
VV is going to see this so I going to assume he is OK with it. Has to be in order for this to be posted.
Better sense of humor??
Capture+_2018-02-23-17-33-14.png
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Haha according to Randy, he showed it to Vinnie earlier and he thought it was hilarious. And ot was VV's idea to have it posted.

Great to know it gave Vinnie a laugh :)
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Taken down now by Randy. Some complaints apparently!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Fuck all !!!!
If Vinnie laughed at it then what's the big deal ?
It's a funny pic.

NEWBEGINNINGS
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

When I first seen the pic I didn't understand why a pic was posted of Elvira lol had to do a double take and realize it was VV's face.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

That's a great pic!
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

the guy that made the pic originally is a troll on the kissfaq forum who trashes Vinnie non-stop
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Well it's good how Vinnie finds it funny; so the tables have turned on that guy who trashes Vinnie lol shows him there's no point in him making pics like that because Vinnie don't give a damn ;)
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I really like Vinnie's new attitude. It's gonna help his career take off.

It's exciting to think about the possibilities.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Genebaby wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:55 pm I really like Vinnie's new attitude. It's gonna help his career take off.

It's exciting to think about the possibilities.

NEWBEGINNINGS