Original Nashville Expo CANCELLED

News and information from 2018 onwards
AnkhWarrior

Original Nashville Expo CANCELLED

Post by AnkhWarrior »

MESSAGE ABOUT NASHVILLE FROM DEREK CHRISTOPHER:

Hi all. Just a quick note to say I'm sad to announce the Nashville KISS Expo is not going to happen. Vinnie has decided he wants to do other things, and that's about all of the info I have. It's sad, because I had put together a killer line-up for Nashville, and we came away with a lot of good energy and love out of Atlanta. We were all excited to announce new events after Atlanta, but then I started to get mixed messages as the time went on ("Go Go Go with Nashville!" to "Hold on with Nashville."). I had a feeling a lot of people would come out of the woodwork making lots of promises and offers after they saw the success in Atlanta, and there was a chance I'd be marginalized. Unfortunately, I was.

I'm still very proud of the year I spent doing what no one else could - finding Vinnie and bringing him back to the fans. We had great plans for Nashville and other cities, and I hope whoever Vinnie works with treats him with the same love and respect I did.

Atlanta was a success because of you, and for that I'm forever thankful and grateful for your support and all of the new friendships I made.

- Derek Christopher
AnkhWarrior

Re: Nashville CANCELLED

Post by AnkhWarrior »

I respect VV's decision...afterall in the beginning it was first said that VV did not plan on making any other appearances after the Expo.
But I cannot help but have a broken heart. It was wonderful, the experiences I had in Atlanta...and I was hoping for a few other appearances.
But hopefully in the future decides to make more appearances. If not appearances, come out with stuff music wise. Anything would be great.

This was totally unexpected :/
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

I don't understand it at all. What "other things" does he have to do? Why turn down all that money? I heard he isn't even signing the mini guitars that were supposed to be sent out.

I honestly woudn't be surprised if he just went into hiding again and never even released the box set or anything else.

The way the post is worded makes me think maybe Vinnie thinks he can get more money from a different promoter or maybe there is already someone else saying "hey don't bother with that Derek guy, I can get you even MORE money"
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

'I had a feeling a lot of people would come out of the woodwork making lots of promises and offers after they saw the success in Atlanta, and there was a chance I'd be marginalized. Unfortunately, I was.'

Reread and realized this part.
So perhaps someone else came along with different plans that VV seen as promising?

If so, whatever makes VV happy. More events in the future hopefully, music and appearance wise.

Just a bummer Nashville is no longer.
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

ZachAttack wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:19 am I don't understand it at all. What "other things" does he have to do? Why turn down all that money? I heard he isn't even signing the mini guitars that were supposed to be sent out.

I honestly woudn't be surprised if he just went into hiding again and never even released the box set or anything else.

The way the post is worded makes me think maybe Vinnie thinks he can get more money from a different promoter or maybe there is already someone else saying "hey don't bother with that Derek guy, I can get you even MORE money"
We will just have to wait and see if he pops up somewhere with a different promoter or...*crickets*

I am a tad upset about the mini guitar. Was so looking forward to receiving it after all the updates from Derek...only to be told we will not be getting those either, just refunded.

It's all a waiting game now, unfortunately.
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

Well we all saw what a mess it was for us as far as lines, people not getting shit they paid for, etc. Who knows what kind of a mess it was for Vinnie, maybe Vinnie also never got things he was promised
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

ZachAttack wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:28 am Well we all saw what a mess it was for us as far as lines, people not getting shit they paid for, etc. Who knows what kind of a mess it was for Vinnie, maybe Vinnie also never got things he was promised
Very true.
I respect and love how Derek was able to get VV out of the woodworks but the event was pretty disorganized.
We will never know what happened behind closed doors. Certain things will never be shared.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

It kinda bothers me that someone sounds Eddie Trunk-ish . Taking credit for finding someone when he most likely came here and got Mark Nolan's information from the board or one of us.
I do give Derek a lot of credit for making it happen though.
I just wish he would've actually hired people to help run the festivities instead of asking for volunteers.
More cash in his pocket for one expo might mean a lot less for other expos because of unhappy people waiting in line and not receiving what they paid for.At least we had Atlanta and I hope the merchandise for the people who paid for V.I.P. is truly in the mail.
That is on Derek, NOT Vinnie.
I do like Derek, I just wish he hadn't burdened himself with all of the legwork. He was extremely overwhelmed that weekend.
BUT AGAIN, HE PULLED IT OFF ,so, CONGRATULATIONS !!!!

As for Nashville, STRANGER THINGS HAVE HAPPENED .
I suggest we don't jump the gun and just sit back .

NEW BEGINNINGS
Last edited by poserboy71 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

I was mad at first then I realized what was really going on and now I'm just thinking "okay so which Expo is he gonna be at now instead of Nashville". The thing that sucks is Nasvhille is so close that it was easy to go to. That would be cool if he went to the Indy Expo but it seems to be pretty well booked already.
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

poserboy71 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:48 am It kinda bothers me that someone sounds Eddie Trunk-ish . Taking credit for finding someone when he most likely came here and got Mark Nolan's information from the board or one of us.

NEW BEGINNINGS
True...
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

ZachAttack wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:49 am I was mad at first then I realized what was really going on and now I'm just thinking "okay so which Expo is he gonna be at now instead of Nashville". The thing that sucks is Nasvhille is so close that it was easy to go to. That would be cool if he went to the Indy Expo but it seems to be pretty well booked already.
Any other Expos going on besides the Indy one?

Or who knows...maybe nothing will happen until next year.
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

AnkhWarrior wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:59 am
ZachAttack wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:49 am I was mad at first then I realized what was really going on and now I'm just thinking "okay so which Expo is he gonna be at now instead of Nashville". The thing that sucks is Nasvhille is so close that it was easy to go to. That would be cool if he went to the Indy Expo but it seems to be pretty well booked already.
Any other Expos going on besides the Indy one?

Or who knows...maybe nothing will happen until next year.

The main KISS Expos I know of are Atlanta, Indy, NYC, and L.A. with Indy being the biggest one most of the time. Usually Tommy and Eric show up and sometimes even Gene and Paul
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

KISS world tour!!!!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

I wonder what will happen with the mini guitars though? Throw em out? Lol

Hell, I would be happy to still get the guitar, even without VV's sig. Then take it to wherever/whenever he shows up to have him sign it then.

But maybe we still can't them over a legal thing or something. I know nothing about that stuff. Just seems like a big waste.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

AnkhWarrior wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:26 am I wonder what will happen with the mini guitars though? Throw em out? Lol

Hell, I would be happy to still get the guitar, even without VV's sig. Then take it to wherever/whenever he shows up to have him sign it then.

But maybe we still can't them over a legal thing or something. I know nothing about that stuff. Just seems like a big waste.
It would have been cool if Derek had posted a photo of himself holding one of the MINI-VVV guitars with the shipment of them in the background.
Obvious things that would calm people are too often overlooked.

NEWBEGINNINGS
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

poserboy71 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:45 am
AnkhWarrior wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:26 am I wonder what will happen with the mini guitars though? Throw em out? Lol

It would have been cool if Derek had posted a photo of himself holding one of the MINI-VVV guitars with the shipment of them in the background.
Obvious things that would calm people are too often overlooked.
👍
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

too early to blame anyone. It may just be a simple reason.
Bye Bye
HotVinnie

Post by HotVinnie »

Keep the faith y’all!!

New message from Vinnie coming soon!!
Attachments
877CD3EE-5384-46A5-A3F1-D947EB57FC6E.png
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

So no Vault with Chaim?
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

HotVinnie wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:39 am Keep the faith y’all!!

Some of us already know the upcoming news ;)
HotVinnie

Post by HotVinnie »

AnkhWarrior wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:42 am
HotVinnie wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:39 am Keep the faith y’all!!

Some of us already know the upcoming news ;)
Ooooo :wink:
HotVinnie

Post by HotVinnie »

fullshredd wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:40 am So no Vault with Chaim?
That I am wondering as well. Vinnie probably will do it because he would love to see Gene again after all these years. And Gene said he wants to present the vault to Vinnie on stage.

I would love to witness that :D
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

HotVinnie wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:46 am
That I am wondering as well. Vinnie probably will do it because he would love to see Gene again after all these years. And Gene said he wants to present the vault to Vinnie on stage.

I'm thinking another promoter offered him a better deal. And, he is talking to Gene I'd imagine....and *others*
HotVinnie

Post by HotVinnie »

fullshredd wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:50 am
HotVinnie wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:46 am

I'm thinking another promoter offered him a better deal. And, he is talking to Gene I'd imagine....and *others*
Hmmmm...
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

How are random people on facebook somehow getting exclusive news about VV and his future appearances? Did Vinnie tell this guy "hey make an announcement in the comments section of this facebook post that I'm gonna deliver a message to everyone"?! I dont get it
HotVinnie

Post by HotVinnie »

ZachAttack wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:26 am How are random people on facebook somehow getting exclusive news about VV and his future appearances? Did Vinnie tell this guy "hey make an announcement in the comments section of this facebook post that I'm gonna deliver a message to everyone"?! I dont get it
The guy who announced that in the comment section was Vinnie’s bodyguard at the expo. I know he works for Peter Criss and I’m guessing he’s working with Vinnie now?? Idk. I’ve been told many things from many people in my PMs. Idk what think anymore haha
Cernex

Post by Cernex »

Dang, shame about Nashville I guess, but just as interested in knowing what "other plans" Vinnie has, considering he's been talking to a lot of people as of late, including Gene.
Space Galleon Javelin - My space opera web serial. It's free! And complete! Go check it out.
Follow me on Twitter
My Amazon Author page, for if you want to check my fiction and stuff.
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Cernex wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:18 pm Dang, shame about Nashville I guess, but just as interested in knowing what "other plans" Vinnie has, considering he's been talking to a lot of people as of late, including Gene.
Nashville is still happening, just under a different promoter.
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

AnkhWarrior wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:30 pm
Cernex wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:18 pm Dang, shame about Nashville I guess, but just as interested in knowing what "other plans" Vinnie has, considering he's been talking to a lot of people as of late, including Gene.
:idea: cha ching! :idea: :mrgreen:
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

fullshredd wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:38 pm
Not only about the CHA-CHING.
Derek, while being an ultra-nice person , mismanaged the Vinnie-Con in Atlanta. Long lines could've been avoided and people could've had the items that were included in their packages at the convention with better planning. To be asking for "volunteers " to help at the event mere minutes before doors opening was unique (to put it kindly). He had 5 months after the announcement to tighten things up !

I believe that some folks took notice and are addressing the issues in a respectable fashion.

NEWBEGINNINGS
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

poserboy71 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:49 pm
fullshredd wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:38 pm
Not only about the CHA-CHING.
Derek, while being an ultra-nice person , mismanaged the Vinnie-Con in Atlanta. Long lines could've been avoided and people could've had the items that were included in their packages at the convention with better planning. To be asking for "volunteers " to help at the event mere minutes before doors opening was unique (to put it kindly). He had 5 months after the announcement to tighten things up !

I believe that some folks took notice and are addressing the issues in a respectable fashion.
Exactly...
I am sure VV, along with his lawyer and assistant weren't too pleased with how things were ran.
We did not get the group photo like we were supposed to. Nor are we getting the mini guitars. Sure, we are getting refunded for the guitar but that's not the point.
If something, such as the group photo, comes with a VIP package I paid money for, I expect to get just that.
Only two people verifying people's info? I stood in line for two hours just to get my lanyard.

I noticed on the very last day, VV did indeed seem tired and things were basically being rushed. I believe VV, while loving interacting with us fans, wanted to get outta there because things were a mess and the days before, almost nothing went as scheduled.

VV will be working closely with his lawyer, assistant...people he has known for years and trusts. Things should be able to pulled together more smoothly and come out the way VV wants it.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

This isn't trashing Derek.
He accomplished a lot but left a bad aftertaste with the delivery of things.

NEWBEGINNINGS
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Of course. He is a good guy and worked hard to find VV and pull all this together. If it wasn't for him...VV would probably still be in hiding.

But like you said, bad aftertaste.
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

Holy shit all this drama out of nowhere. I get PM'd from the lawyer's wife and Derek is now going to do a tell all and is posting messages about being lied to. This shit just got nuts real quick. I'm calling it right now: Derek goes on 3 Sides to trash Vinnie and they all go back to shit talking him.
HotVinnie

Post by HotVinnie »

ZachAttack wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:23 pm Holy shit all this drama out of nowhere. I get PM'd from the lawyer's wife and Derek is now going to do a tell all and is posting messages about being lied to. This shit just got nuts real quick. I'm calling it right now: Derek goes on 3 Sides to trash Vinnie and they all go back to shit talking him.

Honestly this girl likes a little drama but this is TOO much!

Facebook has been crazy today and I’ve been getting TONS of friend request. If one of you guys added me on there message me through Facebook and let me know so I can accept you. I lost count on how many request I’ve gotten from the expo and today!!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

ZachAttack wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:23 pm Holy shit all this drama out of nowhere. I get PM'd from the lawyer's wife and Derek is now going to do a tell all and is posting messages about being lied to. This shit just got nuts real quick. I'm calling it right now: Derek goes on 3 Sides to trash Vinnie and they all go back to shit talking him.
...and Bingo was his Name-O.

NEWBEGINNINGS
zoid2323

Post by zoid2323 »

HotVinnie wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:58 pm
Honestly this girl likes a little drama but this is TOO much!

Facebook has been crazy today and I’ve been getting TONS of friend request. If one of you guys added me on there message me through Facebook and let me know so I can accept you. I lost count on how many request I’ve gotten from the expo and today!!
Dudes are so predictable lol
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

It sucks watching Derek say he is writing a tell-all and putting it up on Facebook later today.
He deserves some credit for the success of Vinnie-Con but Vinnie was the one who made it worth it to so many people who endured things throughout the weekend that they didn't have to.
I can understand the feeling of hurting so much that you just want to get everything off your chest but hindsight has shown me that it's never a good outcome for anyone.
I hope someone talks some sense into him and he gives himself time to calm down. Derek really is a good guy, just not very good at managing an expo of that size.

NEWBEGINNINGS
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

poserboy71 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:21 pm It sucks watching Derek say he is writing a tell-all and putting it up on Facebook later today.
He deserves some credit for the success of Vinnie-Con but Vinnie was the one who made it worth it to so many people who endured things throughout the weekend that they didn't have to.
I can understand the feeling of hurting so much that you just want to get everything off your chest but hindsight has shown me that it's never a good outcome for anyone.
I hope someone talks some sense into him and he gives himself time to calm down. Derek really is a good guy, just not very good at managing an expo of that size.
Yes, don't think it would be best for him to just tell all the 'drama' that occurred. Some things are best kept to oneself. And if he were to tell all...might say the wrong thing and start a shit storm. No one wants that.
Hopefully by tomorrow when he wakes up he is a bit cooled down.
zoid2323

Post by zoid2323 »

poserboy71 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:21 pm It sucks watching Derek say he is writing a tell-all and putting it up on Facebook later today.
Agreed, he accomplished the impossible. Hopefully made decent cash and for whatever reason things have gone south. I just don't wan't Vinnie to cancel future appearances because of the drama.
MRW

Post by MRW »

Have to say this sudden uncertainty makes me feel that much better about making the Atlanta trip.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

MRW wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:29 pm Have to say this sudden uncertainty makes me feel that much better about making the Atlanta trip.
There really is no uncertainty.
It was strictly a business decision.
I have a feeling that Derek will calm down and things will unfold as they should.

See everyone in Nashville during the Summertime (July????)

NEWBEGINNINGS
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

MRW wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:29 pm Have to say this sudden uncertainty makes me feel that much better about making the Atlanta trip.
No worries. Nashville is still on! :mrgreen:
vvindicated

Post by vvindicated »

Damn, sounds like a real mess tho, guess I'll just wait it out a bit and see what all happens.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

ZachAttack! Don’t you go hassling them 3 Sides boys on their YT channel now, ya hear?

:D :D :D
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
HotVinnie

Post by HotVinnie »

ZachAttack wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:23 pm I'm calling it right now: Derek goes on 3 Sides to trash Vinnie and they all go back to shit talking him.

FD439963-DE09-48FA-80DB-87BC0056E8DE.jpeg
shramiac wrote: ZachAttack! Don’t you go hassling them 3 Sides boys on their YT channel now, ya hear?

:D :D :D

:wink:
Invader

Post by Invader »

Hello AnkhWarrior, are you really a female. If so, please let's private message and start a wild message chain.

I was looking forward to Nashville and all the hot chickies there, but now I gotta dig deeper for some sweet action.

My favourite Vinnie song is Animal and secondly Twisted. Full Shredd everybody
ankh

Post by ankh »

wihtout taking sides, i simply think that there are good reasons behind every decison, no reason to jump at conclusions like some did at kissfaq.com.Julian patiently posted the link to Vinnie's facebook page.I'm sure everything will be disclosed at the right time.As much as i amy understand his dispapoitment,i Hope Dereck will wait before doing something this petty.
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
ankh

Post by ankh »

AnkhWarrior a female? when ,what,? ;) I thought she was a woman ;).
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
HotVinnie

Post by HotVinnie »

ankh wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:04 am wihtout taking sides, i simply think that there are good reasons behind every decison, no reason to jump at conclusions like some did at kissfaq.com.Julian patiently posted the link to Vinnie's facebook page.I'm sure everything will be disclosed at the right time.As much as i amy understand his dispapoitment,i Hope Dereck will wait before doing something this petty.
Shit I haven’t been on KISSfaq in a long time. Almost forgot about it lol. Must be a lot of shit talking on there....