Bobby Rock has a book coming out!!!

News and information from 2018 onwards
Genebaby
Site Admin

Bobby Rock has a book coming out!!!

Post by Genebaby »

Wow, it's apparently already written and ready to be released in May, this should be pretty good reading!

Keep up with info from Bobby about this at: https://bobbyrock.wordpress.com/2018/02 ... onna-rock/
Commander in chief - VVF Army
fullshredd

Re: Bobby Rock has a book coming out!!!

Post by fullshredd »

Genebaby wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:06 pm Wow, it's apparently already written and ready to be released in May, this should be pretty good reading!

Keep up with info from Bobby about this at: https://bobbyrock.wordpress.com/2018/02 ... onna-rock/
Wow! Looking forward to scoring a copy. Great find Vic! Thank you~
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

I had no idea (maybe some of you didn't realize as well?) regarding Bobby's tragic story back in 1993 when he was drumming for Nelson.

Robert Brock (Bobby Rock) had a GF (Sherri Foreman) who was pregnant by him at the time (13 weeks). She and their fetus were murdered in a robbery in Sherman Oaks after she used a bank ATM and was approached by her killer. The killer (whom I won't name) was sentenced to life w/o the possibility of parole. Sorry if this was ever previously discussed here but I was so shocked to hear about it 25 years later.

Very (tragically) ironic considering VV's story as well :cry:
Last edited by fullshredd on Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

thanks vic, yes I heard about this a few weeks ago.....

"There are many behind-the-scenes details in the Vinnie Vincent Invasion saga that I wouldn’t normally discuss publicly. I am of the mindset that “what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas,” or, more specifically here: “What happens on the road or in the studio, stays on the road or in the studio.” I’ve never felt the need to break the seal of confidentiality that every band should hold sacrosanct.

However, in the case of the infamous VVI, most of our broad-scale issues of strife and dysfunction have already been widely discussed through the years by a legion of fans, insiders, outsiders, and, perhaps to a lesser degree, all band members. Many of these accounts are not only factually inaccurate but, in my opinion, unfairly biased toward one side of the fence or the other. Therefore, my justification for going deep with the detail in places that I otherwise wouldn’t, is to hopefully bring more clarity and a broader perspective to what was truly a situation of unimaginable complexity.

Obviously, these are my own reflections and observations and I don’t proclaim any monopoly on the truth here. I do, however, seem to have an unusual ability to recall events from my past, with crisp detail, and link them to times and places with an almost photographic accuracy. And while this might give credence to the “just the facts” aspect of much of what’s accounted for here, the deeper meaning and motives behind it all remains subjective. This is why I’ve occasionally sited an old parable as a way of describing how each of us in the VVI camp could potentially have such different recollections. It goes like this:

Five blind men are standing around various sides of an elephant. They are each asked to reach out and touch the elephant, then describe what they think the elephant “looks” like, based on what they feel. The guy near the trunk says, “An elephant is long and curvy, like a big snake.” The guy near a leg says, “No, an elephant is tall and thick like a tree.” The guy near the tusk says, “No, you’re both wrong: an elephant is smooth and sharp, like a spear,” and so forth. Of course, they are all correct to some degree, based on their limited perceptions.

Likewise, I say, each of us involved with the Vinnie Vincent Invasion odyssey probably has a perception of the experience that is equally one-dimensional, based on where we were standing, so to speak. The whole truth of the matter probably lies somewhere in the summation of all of our perspectives. Nonetheless, I feel like the VVI story is such a compelling one, that if it is to be told, it should be told in its relative entirety, and in as fair-minded a way as possible. And that is my intention here.

Enjoy the ride –

BR"
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

more....

Friends, this is the one many of you have been waiting for me to write: a very detailed and personal 12-chapter memoir about the entire Vinnie Vincent Invasion saga.

BoyManuscript
Title page on my initial print-out copy for editing

I was originally going to release it in 2017, but then I heard about Vinnie’s impending appearance at the Atlanta Kiss Convention and decided to hold off. I didn’t want to muddy the waters in any way for Vinnie’s long-awaited return.

Here’s how I explain it in the last chapter of the book:

A couple years back, I had posted a few memoirs of my early days with VVI on my blog. People seemed to freak over them, so I figured I should probably do an entire memoir on the VVI saga (which is what you’re now reading). So in early 2017, I started cranking up the hours and mowing through the manuscript. And then, just as I was getting close to completing a first draft, the highly improbable happened: it was announced that the V-Man himself would be coming out of hiding for an exclusive appearance at a Kiss Convention in Atlanta. Holy shit!

Honestly, I was as pleasantly stunned to hear about this as anyone else. However, I decided to rethink my initial release date for this book and, instead, wait until after Vinnie’s recently announced appearance. I didn’t want there to be any form of distraction relating to Vinnie’s return to the public. I thought it would be best for Vinnie to talk about what he wanted to talk about, and answer questions the way he wanted to, as opposed to having to potentially address assertions from my side of the elephant.

We’re shooting for a May release of the new book, initially through PledgeMusic. We’ll have a lot of cool (and very rare!) VVI memorabilia, personal items, and additional BR merch available in special bundles throughout the campaign, which will kick off in March. Should be fun.

Editing and design are all under way right now. In the meantime, there will be regular sneak previews right here at the blog. I think you guys will dig it. My early beta-readers are reporting that, “Once you start reading it, you cannot stop!” This is what every writer loves to hear!

I’ll leave you with the book’s Preface as a preview this time:
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

From what I make out everyone has a different view of what happened. Will be very interesting. I like the way Bobby is very fair.

looking forward to it.
Bye Bye
QSano

Post by QSano »

One thing I respect about him is that he doesn't try to guess what Vin was thinking and always gives him the benefit of the doubt about being crazy. Like he said, the man is a perfectionist. Also cool he says he's a master and he would work with him again - even if it's not something he's looking to do it's still a cool way to handle it.
Hummarstra

Post by Hummarstra »

The memoirs he posted on his website were terrifically written. Bobby is a GOOD writer. And the detail was almost hard to believe. But, he was very fair to V and defended him in the end. I can't wait to read the rest!

Poor V, though, will inevitably be asked about the book's contents. I'm sure he'll enjoy that!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Hummarstra wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:22 am The memoirs he posted on his website were terrifically written. Bobby is a GOOD writer. And the detail was almost hard to believe. But, he was very fair to V and defended him in the end. I can't wait to read the rest!

Poor V, though, will inevitably be asked about the book's contents. I'm sure he'll enjoy that!
I would like to think that Vinnie will give back the respect that Bobby has always given.

Vinnie owes a few VVI members a few more bitch-slaps for songs and press they did years ago.
Even though those two have honestly changed their tune in regards to the past ,and actually sought me out throughout a long workday to reminisce about how they wish things were different, etc..., they have to expect Vinnie to throw a few jabs at their ball-bags and get it out of his system.

That was the only thing that sucked about Atlanta... You could tell that Vinnie holds that hurt deeply. I hope he can let it be. He doesn't have to forgive or forget, just move forward and start the new chapter he deserves.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

No one will know behind the scenes what vv was dealing with so any opinions or points of view will obvious not take into account what vv had to deal with from labels / manager and other things including the stress.
All that has to be taken into account but I think Bobby is good with seeing not just his own self so should be interesting. Ofcourse to flip that Vv will not have known some stuff behind the scenes from br.
What was interesting is that mark asked Traci guns on the vvi tour to join a new band so for sure mark and Dana were forming a band while still touring with vv. This is not rumour as Phil lewis, Traci and bobby all confirmed this and it was mentioned by Traci in metal edge in 1988.
Bye Bye
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Looking forward to this...will be purchasing.
vvindicated

Post by vvindicated »

Day One purchase for me, no doubt!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

The book is out!

Anybody snag a copy yet? I have to wait for international post to get mine....so excited!
El3ktra

Post by El3ktra »

Mine is coming too... Can't wait😝
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah, mine is on it's way too now, I got the notification a few days ago.

This is the most anticipated of all the books so far from members in and associated with KISS.
Awalkergtr

Post by Awalkergtr »

On my list still...big time!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

My book has arrived. That was pretty quick, thank you Bobby!!!
QSano

Post by QSano »

I read it in one sitting (didn't intend to) it was very good and it seemed to be fair as well. I would urge everyone interested to get a copy.
wolfgang161272

Post by wolfgang161272 »

Have become my copy. Great to read, 57 sides left :)
Greetings
Wolfi
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I have finished it now, a great read indeed.

All I can say is, oh Bobby!