Site Admin

Message from Vinnie to the VVFF!!

Post by Genebaby »

Commander in chief - VVF Army
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Message from Vinnie to the VVFF!!

Post by Genebaby »

As you can see above, Vinnie wishes us the best, so let's move on from the past and look to what the future holds. :D
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Awesome!
Sending so much love right back at ya, Vinnie.
A new beginning...nothing but positivity and love from here on out.
What was in the past, let it remain there.
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

Way to go!!! We've been waiting for this to happen for so long! Thanks for doing that Genebaby. D
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

No worries Drew, I just gave the video a place on the web. Rickster got the video, cause he was there, as I wish I had been.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Thanks again to Vinnie, Mark and Terri Nolan, Bill Temple, and Derek Christopher---Plus all who gave assistance to them.
It is good to see great people around Vinnie.
Very nice people !!!!
To witness how far we have come was a gift.

To hear Vinnie agree to an interview with The Decibel Geek Podcast (get those questions into Mr. Nolan !!!!) was one pinnacle moment amongst many that weekend.
Chris Czynszak deserves this. (The lead question writer /reporter needs to be there for the interview too ----maybe I am lying about that. I am also a good coffee gopher).
Watching Vinnie interact with Chris and Jessica plus other VVFF members was incredible (both of them got to witness this message being made).

This forum has brought quite a few people together over the years and I have been lucky to meet quite a few of us. Now with Vinnie doing conventions, we have a lot better chances of meeting and celebrating the music and Artist that inspires this forum.

As Vinnie was wrapping up signing my items, Czynszak handed my phone over to me. you can here Vinnie saying something as I shut it off. I was a bit stunned. He was asking me to give all of you his best.
Mind you . although Vinnie surprisingly knows some of us, I wasn't going to dare mention the VVFF out of respect . I wanted to represent us as best I could by being under the radar. Plus, there may have been snipers watching me. :P :P :P :P
I turned my camera back on , asked Vinnie if I could capture it on video, and he gave us this.

What ...you see here is unrehearsed and from the heart.

Please post at this forum with this video in mind.

To NEW BEGINNINGS...

Rick -PB71
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
KraigoWaffles

Post by KraigoWaffles »

Thought it was funny the next video that popped up after the video played.

Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

KraigoWaffles wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:13 pm Thought it was funny the next video that popped up after the video played.

Good old Youtube!!
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

This is all so beautiful...Really.
I am filled with happiness not only due to the Expo taking place, but all that's happening afterward.
This one huge event is causing nothing but good things to fall in place; one after another.
A bit teary. Happy.
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

When did he agree to a Decibel Geek podcast interview? I talked to some of those guys Saturday afternoon about what went on with their temporary blacklisting and all that but they never mentioned getting an interview with him. Is there somewhere we can submit questions for it?
RacerSt

Post by RacerSt »

Vinnie is the best guitarist... Real too. I feel better that Vinnie is back.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Great, just great. Ten thumbs up.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Wow. Great. dB geek interview?
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Ehh I would send questions to dB geek, not mr nolan. Was that really the instructions Rick?
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

The questions I always had are.
1. What is Himalaya and thrill of the chase
2. Will we ever be able to hear the infamous country tunes. And are there ghost writer songs he wrote out there that we don't know about (even if he doesn't want to name would be nice to know).
3. What guitar was used to record guitars from hell . ( I saw photos of the Washburn in the sessions)
4. Any details of vv's old guitar collection. Like what he used to own in detail.
5. More info on Paul Stanley version of back on the streets and if any chance this will surface? And also if musically it's different to vv's version (also did vv play guitar and solo on kiss version).
6. Any songs for creatures vv played on or wrote that were cut from the record.
7. How fans he has been upset with in past can fix issue if at all.
8. What are Vinnie's favourite acoustic guitars.
9. More info on the bangles recordings.
10. Any names of new songs he has written to get us excited.
11. In kerrang interview about guitars from hell he said he had an album cover that he hoped may get past the sensors, can he explain the cover or even show the image eventually?.
12. Maybe a dumb question but if he couldn't have worked with Robert in vvi what singers does he think would have worked well on the album.. yeah I think dumb.
13. What did Vinnie think on Nitro ofr album seen as It was hugely influenced by the first vvi album.
14. What song he wrote does he think didn't get the attention it deserved? Eg. A forgotten gem.
15. Why does he think kiss didn't play a million to one live or put it out as a single when it obviously had huge commercial potential?
15. Maybe not appropriate, but can he describe why the exciter solo was not him playing and if he liked the solo or how he felt at the time (I like vv's live version better).
16. What was the story behind the lick it up cover ? Was that the day they shot a make up group shot as well.
17. If he could have joined another band like DLR, whitesnake, alice cooper etc would he have considered it and what band would he think he could have added the most to?
18. Total obscure question. Was the song heavy Pettin' a tribute to the band that supported kiss on lick it up tour...jezz that's a dumb question but what the hell.
19. Some people thought the ASG album was hard to figure out to non die hard fans that It was different cover to the first (eg the font for all systems go was quite thin and hard to see). Does he think this resulted in some loss of sales.
20. Why was no video for ashes to ashes.
21. Why no video for back on the streets or no substitute (when obvious commercial tunes) I am guessing record label issue not vv issue on those questions.
22. Why is he seen using Paul's Bc rich on creatures tour.
23. Can explain the ibanez rare bird and how it came about (obscure question)
24. Can he explain the guitarman guitar and if he changed necks.
25. Why the brilliant long ashes to ashes solo cut down.
26. Any songs that didn't make the asg album that were recorded?
27. Any songs that didn't make the first vvi album is the that were recorded?.
28. Does vv have any views on Mark St John's playing on animalize and did he ever speak to him after he left kiss. (Ok odd question).
29. Did vv ever pitch a solo for he song lick it up?

I would love to actually do an interview on the obscure stuff that only weirdos would like .
Bye Bye
ankh

Post by ankh »

such wonderful news !! Thanks to everybody involved!!!
Speechless about Vinnie
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
vvindicated

Post by vvindicated »

Very cool that Vinnie put that out there to the VVFF !! Thanks for the upload!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev2 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:29 pm Ehh I would send questions to dB geek, not mr nolan. Was that really the instructions Rick?
Jesus Christmas help us all.
Yes, I told CHRIS to get his questions into Mr. Nolan.
If VVFF members would like to subMIT a question, go through Chris Czynszak ( Wizkid).

I was standing next to Chris when he asked Vinnie and the answer was positive. I believe the answer was,"ANYTIME".
I believe Chris spoke with Mr. Nolan about it as well.
I was standing next to them but not listening.
Things look good for an interview.
I hope The Decibel Geek Podcast gets a full interview before Trunk and TSOTC simply because they have devoted a lot of love towards their Vinnie podcasts and have overcome being misunderstood as haters when in actuality Chris is a teddy bear and Aaron has a beautiful spirit that couldn't possible hold any hate.

NEWBEGINNINGS
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Decibel Geek should definitely get that interview in before anyone else...
Nothing but positivity from his side.
Still baffles me how tsotc even got in but it's all done and over with now
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

AnkhWarrior wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:45 am Decibel Geek should definitely get that interview in before anyone else...
I ran into one of them at a restaurant during the Expo and he just told me there was a list of people that Vinnie didn't want there and the Decibel Geek guys were on the list and they had to go back and forth with him many times before he allowed them in. The only explanation I can come up with is that the 3 Sides guys are friends with Derek and he convinced Vinnie that they are okay.
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

ZachAttack wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:41 am
AnkhWarrior wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:45 am Decibel Geek should definitely get that interview in before anyone else...
I ran into one of them at a restaurant during the Expo and he just told me there was a list of people that Vinnie didn't want there and the Decibel Geek guys were on the list and they had to go back and forth with him many times before he allowed them in. The only explanation I can come up with is that the 3 Sides guys are friends with Derek and he convinced Vinnie that they are okay.
'Tis a shame because three sides are the ones that definitely shouldn't have been there, with all they said.
But I guess it all goes by 'it's who ya know!'.

Either way...A NEW BEGINNING!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

You ran into whom?
Chris or Aaron from Decibel Geek ?
Someone from TSOTC ?

Yes,
TSOTC guys are friends with Derek so even though the hosts of that show directly threw an insane amount of hate towards Vinnie throughout the years, they were at the convention.
It was strange too. I have heard many people who are fans of that show say how arrogant a few of those guys were at Vinnie-Con. I talked briefly with Brand bold and he seemed rather quiet.
I think he has a strone personality on his show.
The Decibel Geek fellows have always, always, always, said how much they like Vinnie...Before, During, and After interviews where a guest might have said a few nasty things about Vinnie.
They always encouraged Vinnie to come on the show and defend himself from the accusations of those people.
The Decibel Geek has always championed Vinnie when other lesser podcasts have made Vinnie the butt of their unfunny humor.

NEWBEGINNINGS
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

poserboy71 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:46 am
You ran into whom?
Someone from TSOTC ?

Yes,
TSOTC guys are friends with Derek so even though the hosts of that show directly threw an insane amount of hate towards Vinnie throughout the years, they were at the convention.
It was strange too. I have heard many people who are fans of that show say how arrogant a few of those guys were at Vinnie-Con. I talked briefly with Brand bold and he seemed rather quiet.
The Decibel Geek fellows have always, always, always, said how much they like Vinnie...Before, During, and After interviews where a guest might have said a few nasty things about Vinnie.
They always encouraged Vinnie to come on the show and defend himself from the accusations of those people.
The Decibel Geek has always championed Vinnie when other lesser podcasts have made Vinnie the butt of their unfunny humor.
I ran into a Decibel Geek guy. Now that I think about it, it's obvious what happened: Derek knew that 3 Sides was the biggest Kiss related podcast and if he wanted to promote the Expo to the biggest audience then that was the show to go on. So he convinced Vinnie that they were good guys so he could use them to promote the Expo. Meanwhile Brandvoldt is now in one of the big VV Facebook groups arguing with all of Vinnie's fans and stirring shit. If you say anything even remotely critical of him or his show he will respond withan insult almost instantly and the person running the group is supporting him now too. I don't get it. Everyone is trying to be all "lets be positive from now on" but he's doing nothing but spreading negativity and being a prick to the same people that spent tons of money to support Vinnie by going to the Expo. It's just like what someone working at the Expo told me "They shit on Vinnie constantly and now they'll kiss his ass"
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

ZachAttack wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:14 pm
poserboy71 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:46 am
You ran into whom?
Someone from TSOTC ?

Yes,
I ran into a Decibel Geek guy. Now that I think about it, it's obvious what happened: Derek knew that 3 Sides was the biggest Kiss related podcast and if he wanted to promote the Expo to the biggest audience then that was the show to go on. So he convinced Vinnie that they were good guys so he could use them to promote the Expo. Meanwhile Brandvoldt is now in one of the big VV Facebook groups arguing with all of Vinnie's fans and stirring shit. If you say anything even remotely critical of him or his show he will respond withan insult almost instantly and the person running the group is supporting him now too. I don't get it. Everyone is trying to be all "lets be positive from now on" but he's doing nothing but spreading negativity and being a prick to the same people that spent tons of money to support Vinnie by going to the Expo. It's just like what someone working at the Expo told me "They shit on Vinnie constantly and now they'll kiss his ass"
This could be very true because tsotc does have a large audience...so of course it would have been a good idea in Derek's eyes to have them go.
But the whole thing of Vinnie supposedly having listened to their podcasts like they say...I highly doubt that. The atrocities they've said about him, the mocking...there is no way he would have wanted to come if he knew the truth. I doubt he even knew who the hell three sides was before Derek broufht up the Expo to him.
And I know which group you are talking about. I have Brandvold blocked because I couldn't stand his rudeness toward everyone.
He doesn't care for VV, none of the guys in Three Sides do. They went there because it was a big event that they just had to be a part of and to say they were there.
Just like that comment on YT from one of the three sides guys toward Shram...he could 'care less' about being there.
Years ago I left a comment on one of their videos trying to be VV positive cuz all they were doing was mocking him. I basically was attacked, cussed at. Funny the comment is deleted now.
I could care less if they are the first ones to get news on VV honestly. I would rather wait and get it elsewhere.
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

Yeah I'm blocking him too. I actually made an effort to try to be cool with him and he STILL just acts like an asshole to me and everyone else. I swear I think this is just an act and they're laughing at Vinnie and all of us behind our backs. They're just using Vinnie to promote their shitty podcast. Once all the hype dies down with Vinnie's return they'll be right back to shitting on him again.
Invader

Post by Invader »

Did he say love to all of you who are Vinnie Vincent?

Otherwise a classy message. Thank you Vinnie. Now that I have had a piece, I want the pie!
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

Post by strangeways »

Vinnie rules and I'm so glad he's back.
The Pyro Messiah has returned!
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me
Cernex

Post by Cernex »

Holy crap, this is awesome! Such a shame I only have two thumbs up to give.
Space Galleon Javelin - My space opera web serial. It's free! And complete! Go check it out.
Follow me on Twitter
My Amazon Author page, for if you want to check my fiction and stuff.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah, it's pretty special. 2018 is a great year for us and for Vinnie.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

So here we are, basically a year later.
The VVFF Elder have held up our end of our agreement with Vinnie concerning "NEW BEGINNINGS" but it seems as if it is a one sided agreement.
We have known certain truths throughout the year yet have remained silent and courteous out of respect.
I SPEAK ONLY FOR MYSELF in saying that I will still honor my word to Vinnie.
However, the old habit of people getting booted from other forums and coming here to share their hurt has come about in droves lately and asking them to remain silent is not proper . They have a voice here.
All that is asked is that everyone shares their disappointment in a humane way. Refraining from cheap shots and insults.
We don't have to be like certain people that threaten to write tell-all diatribes about someone who allegedly wronged them.
Stay Classy, San Diego !

Praise for Vinnie is encouraged.
Pointing out room for improvement is encouraged as well !
Back all statements(good or bad) up with facts.

As always, let's remain fans as much as we can.
Hopefully Vinnie sticks to promises concerning box sets and eventual live perfornances.
Vinnie can solve many things with a heartfelt video explanation and maybe some guitar playing. Most successful artists these days do such things.

Others have commented that Vinnie took the money from the shows(advance money) and Derek cannot repay the fans. Derek's loss. A promoter takes the chance. A good promoter also PROMOTES the fucking shows.
People will be coming for what is owed.

Some have said that Vinnie purposefully sabotaged the shows because he can't play anymore.
Although many still choose to believe in Vinnie, one cannot blame folks for the questioning of his skills.

It seems that the Full Shred FB page and other pages have cut out many fans in the last few days.
The secret society mentality seems to have reared its ugly head once again.
Is it Vinnie's doing?
Is it an overprotective fanboy?
Who knows and who cares at this point?
It seems that someone is putting a major effort into ruining an Artist's relationship with a loyal fanbase.
Is it self- sabotage or some "Yes-men" wanting Vinnie to themselves ?

Vinnie has the power to right the wrongs and correct misunderstandings but I (speaking for myself) have to question if he wants to do so and therefore honor the promise of "New Beginnings" .

Thanks to Vinnie for Atlanta .
2018 was a year of promise.
2019? Hmmmmmm...

Thanks,

Rick S.
-PB71

NEWBEGINNINGS
ankh

Post by ankh »

i left the FS when enough was enough for me.About the rest, i couldn't come to the US and i also didn't partake in any mudslinging.
I wish to Vinnie and his fans nothin but the best.
However, it would be nice to have an official statment about the future and also ,like many have already been said, a vid of him playng.Just to cut the rumours once for all, like he did last year.Also, to prove his detractors wrong.
I'm sure that there are a lot of behind the scenes things we don't know anything about,however, i hope in the future things will be handled properly by whoever will do that,to avoid hurting his image and also his fans.
I can understand the huge disappointment and i feel for people who lost money.Such situations should be solved in the nicest possible way.
Would be nice to see progress carry on and leave all the bad things behind .
About naysaysers,they will be there no matter what, who cares.

Again, best wishes to Vinne and all his fans, especially the ones here who, rightly or wrongly, i consider them to be more friends than simply fellow forumites.
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

When in doubt, rub this thread on your booboo.

NEWBEGINNINGS
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

❤❤ that was a great day
KraigoWaffles

Post by KraigoWaffles »

Cocaine is a helluva drug
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

:cry: If only it turned out to be true
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Cocaine ?
No grinding teeth or fidgeting in that video.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

VVFF,
Feeling the love and good tidings invoked for 18 months
Luxor

Post by Luxor »

Seems like everyone from then went back to backstabbing Vinnie.

Three Sides
Decibel Geek
Derek

I don't know if there's any podcast Vinnie might do these days. Everyone is a backstabber and loser to him once they get something.
"This whole 'rotation' thing is absolutely meaningless and weird. It's most likely coming from label to save face" - DoubleV
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Three Sides always hated Vinnie, then sucked up to him in Atlanta.

Decibel Geek only "back stabbed" Vinnie after he falsely accused them of intentionally putting "tupperware level fan" (something in that vein) on their profile on the KISSFAQ website. Even after Julien, who runs that board, said it was an automatically generated title for any new member (also admitted it was distasteful and removed that profile title), it was nothing that DG had any control over and they were innocent of any wrongdoing, Vinnie...well let's be honest... back stabbed them. Both Chris & Aaron had stood up against the Vinnie haters for so long, had a great interview with Vinnie and then got trashed by him over something they didn't do. I'd be pissed off too.

Derek...I think it may have been a little too much for him. Though, it's been a while since I've done any reading on what transpired.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Wow. Fanboys are insane. Supporting a musician at all costs. So sad
Luxor wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:47 am Seems like everyone from then went back to backstabbing Vinnie.

Three Sides
Decibel Geek
Derek

I don't know if there's any podcast Vinnie might do these days. Everyone is a backstabber and loser to him once they get something.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, some people have no concept of logic and that kind of thinking reminds me of Vinnie's thinking, and therefore reminds me of his one and only post here, as SuzieQ. Accusing us of abonding Vinnie, when he threw us out, with no explaination. What else were we to do? So funny.

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=6&p=52#p52

I know Luxor wasn't Vinnie, but the ignorance of reality is so close....
birnie

Post by birnie »

Wow! A re-read of SuzioQ's post was fun.

Couple of points from that post from 2010 (13 yrs ago !)
....continue to remain on the doublev board waiting for the next announcement
....I will also be there when new music comes out

Yep, plenty of announcements, not so much music.....after 13 freegan years !
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Well, the DoubleV board never really properly re-opened, it became a gated community he tried to charge $500 per year access for, remember that?

And yes, the music, still waiting for the music aren't we?

Don't forget, it was Vinnie telling us to remain on DoubleV and that there is new music to wait for. Seems a good thing we found a new home.
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

birnie wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:53 am Yep, plenty of announcements, not so much music.....after 13 freegan years !
This is a good point. It made me realise, we're on this forum talking about a musician. Who hasn't put out any new music in how many years? What are we talking, almost 30 years?

I'm trying to think of another musician who seeks relevance today, despite not releasing (or playing) anything since 1996 (Euphoria). I can't think of anyone.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

You'll be hard pressed to find anyone who (non) functions the way Vinnie does.

I've taken so many "the music is coming" announcements with a grain of salt my blood pressure is through the roof and my Dr is mad at me!
metatron

Post by metatron »

Genebaby wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:23 pm You'll be hard pressed to find anyone who (non) functions the way Vinnie does.

I've taken so many "the music is coming" announcements with a grain of salt my blood pressure is through the roof and my Dr is mad at me!
10/10 on the presentation and delivery of that 'Dad Joke'
That is a keeper.
Saving that one for the kids.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Thanks, it came to me in a moment of clarity. Like no longer holding my breath for a release, but with extra stuff!