Atlanta´s over, what's next?

News and information from 2018 onwards
tukoztukoz

Atlanta´s over, what's next?

Post by tukoztukoz »

Official website?
Vids from Vinnie telling things about his techniques, or guitars ?
Book?
VV guitars?
Old tapes and recordings?
New stuff?

He really should get a team around him to do all those cool things!
say two sky two say fare
AnkhWarrior

Re: Atlanta´s over, what's next?

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Ikr?
Something needs to be created by him/a team he puts together to keep us updated on news and such.
Would love to be seeing vids and messages directly from him through his own sources instead of having to depend on a expo site.
aeroflott

Post by aeroflott »

As a wish list:

1. A book. He's got a hell of a story that would appeal not only to fans, but to a wider audience (I was taken in and spewed out by the music biz etc etc)
2. Some music. The fabled Boxset and perhaps some new/rehashed music with Robert and whoever
3. Some "official" online presence in whatever format that takes.

Live shows I don't think I'd like to see happen. I just can't see V having the same stage presence he once had, or having the energy/fitness required to tour.

Vinnie handled Atlanta almost perfectly. I think with some good people who are in the know behind him, there's a good living to be made from merch, appearances, books and music.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Oh golly... Who here could possibly make possible videos/films of Vinnie?
A Tell-All Vinnie documentary would be incredible.
Packed with bonus content...
Maybe an equipment tour with Vinnie and Bill Temple
Hobbies Vinnie has
Cooking with Vinnie :wink:

I think that the people who have offered help in the past should go through the proper channels (Mark Nolan) and see if they could be of any assistance to these projects. Vinnie is in total control and can accept or reject any offer.

AW/Jessica is correct... Having weekly video updates of progress on the box set, guitar line, and just Vinnie showing he is carrying on the goodness from Vinnie-Con would be great and comforting .

Maybe Vinnie could do updates through The Decibel Geek Podcast ????

It isn't about stage presence , it is about Vinnie's presence.
Vinnie showed amazing strength in many different ways over last weekend.
He handled three grueling days in a row and left stronger than when he arrived. Being able to handle public appearances is not a question.
It was a joy seeing him get progressively stronger and happier at Vinnie-Con.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
VinceVandergraff

Post by VinceVandergraff »

Nashville expo. new message from Vinnie coming shortly.
Attachments
20180124_153443.png
20180124_153443.png (107.38 KiB) Viewed 1402 times
n3p

Post by n3p »

Website with a blog would be great
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

a blog or weekly video would be great. I don't think any of us can afford to go to the vault. I have a press pass so may try that but hard to know
Bye Bye
ankh

Post by ankh »

I think the best for everybody would be to take our time, since i think that Vinnie will probably need time to absorb every thing that is happend and all the changes.
“Men are apt to be much more influenced by words than by the actual facts of the surrounding reality.” I.Pavlov

MY YOU TUBE CHANNEL:
http://www.youtube.com/user/mesolimbicn ... sults_main

Lemmy: "Can you hear this horrible sound coming out of my monitors?"
Monitor guy: "No."
Lemmy: "Neither can I.Turn me up!"
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

VinceVandergraff wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:36 am Nashville expo. new message from Vinnie coming shortly.
Good stuff!

"L.A. KISS Expo
January 22 at 9:48am ·
Is this thing really happening? Good question! I hope to confirm this week that I can get Vinnie Vincent and Robert Fleischman back on stage together for a concert at a Nashville KISS Expo in June 2018. Would be pretty amazing to see Vinnie strap on his classic pink and silver signature VV guitar and blaze through some KISS and Invasion songs!"
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

I actually would kinda rather see an all acoustic set, I've been listening to that acoustic set over and over on youtube since last weekend. Either way, I'm freakin out because I only live a few hours from Nashville and have family that lives there so it will be even easier to go to than Atlanta where I had to drive 6 hours! I hope they get Bobby Rock on board too
carvindc200

Post by carvindc200 »

I hope his guitar line is successful and real. I hope he keeps doing these expos and releases more merchandise. He could do acoustic sets all day and Id pay to watch. I expect a book or documentary to be released at some point.
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

What someone should do is buy the rights to ALL of Vinnie's publishing including music/books, image, merch, public appearances, and run a website, selling merch/ hosting live broadcasts, guitar tutorials, host special events, including clinics, and everything VV-guitar related, etc. He needs a manager who's realistic with him that won't rip him off. Having an attorney "friend" is great, but will that push forward an agenda to make a business model come to fruition? His clock is ticking to get things moving to help promote! He shouldn't have to work so hard now, so taking a lump sum and sign off might be the way to go, obviously. This way he can be comfortable in his golden years. It's not too late VV!
puffin

Post by puffin »

Youtube videos on guitar technique. Not the shred stuff, but song construction, rhythm guitar and how to dial in that huge tone on VVI.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

fullshredd wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:08 pm What someone should do is buy the rights to ALL of Vinnie's publishing including music/books, image, merch, public appearances, and run a website, selling merch/ hosting live broadcasts, guitar tutorials, host special events, including clinics, and everything VV-guitar related, etc. He needs a manager who's realistic with him that won't rip him off. Having an attorney "friend" is great, but will that push forward an agenda to make a business model come to fruition? His clock is ticking to get things moving to help promote! He shouldn't have to work so hard now, so taking a lump sum and sign off might be the way to go, obviously. This way he can be comfortable in his golden years. It's not too late VV!
It is possible that Vinnie was testing the waters with this idea a few months ago.
After the success of Vinnie-Con, the value has skyrocketed.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
fullshredd

Post by fullshredd »

poserboy71 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:51 am
fullshredd wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:08 pm What someone should do is buy the rights to ALL of Vinnie's publishing including music/books, image, merch, public appearances, and run a website, selling merch/ hosting live broadcasts, guitar tutorials, host special events, including clinics, and everything VV-guitar related, etc. He needs a manager who's realistic with him that won't rip him off. Having an attorney "friend" is great, but will that push forward an agenda to make a business model come to fruition? His clock is ticking to get things moving to help promote! He shouldn't have to work so hard now, so taking a lump sum and sign off might be the way to go, obviously. This way he can be comfortable in his golden years. It's not too late VV!
It is possible that Vinnie was testing the waters with this idea a few months ago.
After the success of Vinnie-Con, the value has skyrocketed.
He certainly has eyes on a prize in coming out. Trunk didn't really think (did he?) that HE was going to get a straight answer when he posed the question to VV: "Why now?" :lol:
QSano

Post by QSano »

He needs an iTunes store.

I would still order CDs but if he did iTunes or Amazon it would mean we could get the music fast and he could get paid fast. He needs and deserves to make some money. Once he has the seed money he could do physical releases or something.

As much as I've never thought he intended to rip people off iTunes/Amazon would end those conversations before they even started and establish him the right way.

Next he needs to get a publicist to get into Guitar Player magazine. With his collection and story even a mag like Vintage Guitar would do a feature on him. Get some press and let folks know he's back.

Maybe do a live acoustic show at the next Expo and have it recorded and release it on iTunes as a live record. It would be inexpensive to do, the crowd would be great and he could pull it off. I was blown away by how good the one verse things he did were and he can obviously still play.
KraigoWaffles

Post by KraigoWaffles »

Maybe not the place, but Eddie Trunk eats a fat honkerin' donkey cock.
A friend knew a guy that worked for the studio that That Metal Show (what a stupid name) was filmed at and he said you would not BELIEVE how many of the "Stump Trunk" questions fielded are turned down because Eddie can't answer them. Isn't that the point?
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

QSano wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:58 am He needs an iTunes store.

I would still order CDs but if he did iTunes or Amazon it would mean we could get the music fast and he could get paid fast. He needs and deserves to make some money. Once he has the seed money he could do physical releases or something.
Great idea.
I do remember a few years ago purchasing a couple of his songs through Amazon. I already had the songs of course but I did so to help him out in a way.
I am not much of a CD buyer. But once he puts out some new stuff CD wise...I'm buyin.
zoid2323

Post by zoid2323 »

QSano wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:58 am He needs an iTunes store.

As much as I've never thought he intended to rip people off iTunes/Amazon would end those conversations before they even started and establish him the right way.

Next he needs to get a publicist to get into Guitar Player magazine. With his collection and story even a mag like Vintage Guitar would do a feature on him. Get some press and let folks know he's back.

Maybe do a live acoustic show at the next Expo and have it recorded and release it on iTunes as a live record. It would be inexpensive to do, the crowd would be great and he could pull it off. I was blown away by how good the one verse things he did were and he can obviously still play.
Great idea, I'd definitely be in for buying new VV
music!