LIVE! VV INVADES ATLANTA weekend updates, pics, video 1/19-1/21

News and information from 2018 onwards
AnkhWarrior

Re: LIVE! VV INVADES ATLANTA weekend updates, pics, video 1/19-1/21

Post by AnkhWarrior »

doublev2 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:03 pm I noticed on the original box set running times if correct invincible was 6.5 minutes . I hope the longer version will be released. I would quite happily take the 20 minute symphony version. Hehe
After all this time I believe that VV will put out the best version of the box set possible. In the works :)
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

yeah of course he knows best. I just love very long songs. I think it maybe a jazz thing
Bye Bye
Cernex

Post by Cernex »

HotVinnie wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:14 am
doublev2 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:03 pm I noticed on the original box set running times if correct invincible was 6.5 minutes . I hope the longer version will be released. I would quite happily take the 20 minute symphony version. Hehe
I LOVE that song and the solo!! The longer the better for me!
Lol, ditto that! I'm totally up for a 6.5 minute version of Invincible! That would totally kick butt!
Space Galleon Javelin - My space opera web serial. It's free! And complete! Go check it out.
Follow me on Twitter
My Amazon Author page, for if you want to check my fiction and stuff.
HotVinnie

Post by HotVinnie »

Cernex wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:32 pm
HotVinnie wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:14 am
I LOVE that song and the solo!! The longer the better for me!
Lol, ditto that! I'm totally up for a 6.5 minute version of Invincible! That would totally kick butt!
The quality that it is out on youtube sucks lol but I can’t wait for Vinnie to release it. Even with the terrible quality, It really is a very good song and I’m obsessing with the solo haha. Really want the real thing now!!

Ah I remember Vinnie telling my friend that the 4 songs from the Euphoria CD is actually a demo that he pieced together because of the different arrangement he had in mind. Vinnie has the master version of those songs which he’s planning to put out soon!! (:
KraigoWaffles

Post by KraigoWaffles »

Pardon my temporary derailment and I apologize for my naivety if the answer to my question is obvious.
In the videos from Atlanta Expo I saw, Vinnie talks about leaving Kiss because they wanted him to sign a shitty deal that would screw Vinnie. Do you think Paul & Gene were genuine with that contract (as in, that would be the same contract they would give any guitarist) or was it purposely made shitty so Vinnie would leave because they didn't have the balls to fire him. Maybe Paul wanted to fire him (he has talked extensively about never wanting Vinnie in the band and how touring with him was a nightmare) but Gene didn't wanna fire him so they decided to handle it like that. Sorry for the ramble.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I think the contract was just a sign of the times for how KISS was doing. They were in a bit of a financial nightmare for most of the 80's.

They once asked Bruce to take a pay cut for a year, and after the year was up, they put it back.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

Just a personal opinion but I feel it was purposely made shitty. Always been obvious Paul never liked Vinnie...
KraigoWaffles

Post by KraigoWaffles »

AnkhWarrior wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:04 am Just a personal opinion but I feel it was purposely made shitty. Always been obvious Paul never liked Vinnie...
Those were kinda my thoughts as well.
AnkhWarrior

Post by AnkhWarrior »

And Vinnie didn't say anything about a possible increase of what he may be paid down the line...so I'm sure it was never discussed.
He basically said everything was for G&P and nothing for Vinnie.
They probably figured that Vinnie would see himself out the door instead of having to fire him...which really, should have just been honest from the get go instead of dragging him along.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

It would be great to know what Bruce got for the Animalize and Asylum tours, I would not put Bruce in same league as VV, VV brought way more to the band. If Bruce got more than what VV was offered (or same) then that shows something. I have a feeling he wasn't getting paid too well but who knows. unless somone does. hehe
Genebaby wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:32 am I think the contract was just a sign of the times for how KISS was doing. They were in a bit of a financial nightmare for most of the 80's.

They once asked Bruce to take a pay cut for a year, and after the year was up, they put it back.
Bye Bye
ZachAttack

Post by ZachAttack »

It was probably the same contract they would have given anyone. I'm pretty sure Eric's contract was almost the same thing because he wasn't making very much money per year either and he made the same amount from the day he joined till he died. It was shitty because they were at their lowest point in their history and probably couldn't even afford to pay him anything.