New Fleischman Interview on Vinnie Vincent

News and information from 2018 onwards
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

Post by strangeways »

http://www.legendaryrockinterviews.com/ ... n-the-sky/

"I don’t make ANYTHING out of that bands history….it’s like a dirty glass of water, nothing is very honest about it, you have some guy lip synching to my voice for starters! When Vinnie first came to me we were going to be a BAND, then he made a deal as a solo artist with the demos we did with me singing on them, so I told him to piss off !! Then the record company, Chrysalis, told him to get me back. I said no for a long time but then my son Austin was going to be born so I said I would do it for a shit load of money and did. There are many other incidents that happened which I won’t go into, but suffice to say, if it weren’t for me being so nice, there wouldn’t have been an Invasion album. That album kicks all the other albums that followed…in the balls !!! You’re right, it is still one of the most over the top albums to this day, PLAY IT LOUD!!!"
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me
Vdog

Re: New Fleischman Interview on Vinnie Vincent

Post by Vdog »

Oooh nice, thanks. Same old Cussy story. Looks like the re recording of ASG is on hold :lol:
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

"That album kicks all the other albums that followed…in the balls !!!"- RF

So unexpected from Robert. I LOVE IT !!!! :D :D :D :D
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Powerful words. Thanks Robert!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
jesternjeff

Post by jesternjeff »

I would like to know what Rob thought of Dana and Bobby, how he feels about there roles and actions in the recording of VVI. Maybe someone here could try and get that question answered.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

The complete interview

Legendary Rock Interview with ex-Journey, Vinnie Vincent Invasion singer Robert Fleischman (The Sky)

Monthly Interviews

March 24, 2012

by John Parks

Vocalist Robert Fleischman has moved on from his work with Journey and the Vinnie Vincent Invasion to front an exciting new rock band. It’s appropriately called “THE SKY” (since Robert wrote the classic Journey track “Wheel in the Sky”) and Robert is very excited to have the new material available on iTunes and continue to create signature melodies both onstage and in the studio. Having said that, we were not about to pass up a chance to interview the singer of two of the bands we grew up on and not work in a few questions ABOUT those bands and Robert’s history. He obliged recently and told us the background behind some of those classic Journey songs, his association with the always controversial Vinnie Vincent and much more. Read on…

LRI: We should start at the beginning. How did you wind up being the first singer of rock LEGENDS Journey?

Robert Fleischman: I was living in Redondo Beach, California when I got a phone call from a booking agency in Chicago, they told me they had 3 bands that needed a lead singer, and would I be interested in coming out to play and choose a band I would like to be in, so I went to Chicago to check out the bands and choose one.
I stayed with them for about a year, until one day I received a phone call from a concert promoter from Colorado named Barry Fey. Apparently a mutual friend played him a tape of me, During our conversation he asked me if I would be interested in doing a showcase for CBS Records, I said yes and flew to Colorado, I had little over a week to put together a band and find all the musicians, plus writing as many songs I could till the showcase. The day of the show case it started snowing, CBS executives from New York and Los Angeles finally made it, I did the showcase a week later I had a meeting with all the executives of CBS in Los Angeles.
The CBS execs told me they had a band called Journey who were a jazz rock fusion band and asked if I would be interested in writing and being the lead vocalist for the band. I knew nothing about them, but my brother knew who they were and said they were great musicians, so a couple days later I went to San Francisco and was picked up by their manager Herbie Herbert,who took me to S.I.R. rehearsal studios where the band was setup in this huge sound stage. I was introduced to everyone, we played for a couple hours, and the rest is history

LRI: You toured for a stretch with Journey in the late 70s and wrote several iconic songs including Wheel in the Sky and Anytime. Realizing it was a lifetime ago, do you recall any of the lyrical or musical birthing processes of those seminal tracks?

RF: Sure, I wrote “Anytime” with Gregg Rollie. After rehearsals one day at his home,
He had a beautiful white piano there, he started playing what was to be “Anytime” and I started singing the melody. Soon the lyrics started coming, we grabbed a piece of paper and wrote it in 15 minutes, Later, Gregg told me he had written the music with some friends of his, so if you look at the music credits there is a whole list of people on it. ”Wheel in The Sky” happened differently, everyone in the band was giving me lyrics, asking me if I could do anything with them, one day Ross Valory came in with a poem that his wife wrote. I wasn’t having much luck with everyone else lyrical ideas so I felt very obligated to make something happen, I didn’t care for the poem but there was a line in it, “the wheels in my mind keep on turning”, so I changed it to “wheel in the sky keeps on turning, don’t know where I’ll be tomorrow” and wrote the rest of the lyrics, never got to finish the song the way that I envisioned it though. I wanted the song to have a bridge in it, which I wrote, just before the solo…

LRI: You maintained good relationships with the JOURNEY guys over the years and were invited to the Rock Walk of Fame ceremony. How close of friends were you guys during those early years and how much of an effect has the band or your experience blessed you over the years?

RF: I would like to say we are close, we spent a lot of time traveling together,
creating music together and recording. When they would come in to Los Angeles I’d always go to see them play, out of all of them I stayed more in touch with Ross. We talk on the phone or text. The Hollywood Walk of Fame gathering was very, very nice.
It was definitely a family reunion, and I was deeply touched to be asked to participate, after the ceremony the band was going to play at the House of Blues on the Sunset Strip in Hollywood. During the sound check, Neal (Schon, guitarist) told me he wanted me to come up and sing “Wheel in the Sky”, and later that night they introduced me and I went on stage to sing it. That was the first time I had been on stage in a long time, I realized how much I missed it, and soon after I had the bug and had to put together my own band… THE SKY

LRI: What projects were you involved with prior to hooking up with Vinnie and the Warrior guys? We talked to Gary and Hirsh who were in Warrior and they had their own past in NEW ENGLAND.

RF: Before Vinnie I was with Journey of course, then I was on Arista Records and did album called “Perfect Stranger”. You can also find (Journey song) “All For You” on my solo album. I toured opening for Van Halen, Boston and Sammy Hagar. I was later in a band called Channel on Epic Records, we recorded the album in London England. I came back to LA. and then became a staff writer for Almo/Irving publishing, a part of A&M Records for 3 years. Then the V!

LRI: What were your first impressions of Vinnie Vincent or the music upon hearing the WARRIOR demos?

RF: I thought Vinnie Vincent wrote some really great rock and roll. Obviously, he’s a monster on guitar….. but then there is the self-destructive side which eclipses everything that makes him great.
LRI: You are one of a select group of people to have worked with Vinnie on a couple different projects and have not had quite the same toxic experiences that others had. Did you feel at least somewhat able to be artistic or do your thing while working with one of my favorite, yet obviously difficult players?

RF: Artistically speaking, I never had any problems doing my vocals with him, except when we were mixing the album. The engineer would be working for hours and hours and Vinnie would sneak in and push the guitar faders up and screw up the mix and drive the engineer crazy! Then he push the guitars down and sure enough, Vinnie would sneak in and do it again. He did that on practically every mix, which was one of the many reasons it took so long to make the album.

LRI: The Invasion was OVER THE TOP even for the 80s. Insane and borderline creeper sexual lyrics…check. Crazy, schizophrenic guitar leads that defy logic and in some cases good taste…check. Way,way out-there obsession with glam styling to the point of distraction…CHECK! Having said all that,I bought into every bit of it hook,line and sinker and consider the first album a cult classic. Vinnie and Dana look completely at ease in their visual element and with the lyrics but were YOU?
RF: No I had no interest looking like a drag queen, I hate those pictures of me on that album,the stylist poofed my hair up I look like a fuckin poodle with three inflatable drag queens and that stupid riding crop!!!

LRI: (laughs) What did you make of all the revisionist history as applied to the story of the Invasion. I had read press about how enamored Vinnie was with you as a writer and singer at the time and then seem to remember reading subsequent stories about how they always wanted Mark Slaughter and then simply used him to wear the tights and pull the Milli Vanilli thing on the “BOYZ GONNA ROCK” video. Thankfully the band got their own sound for the second album but that was awkward at best. Did you always get the feeling the Invasion lineup or “concept” was under constant revision in Vinnie’s mind?

RF: I don’t make ANYTHING out of that bands history….it’s like a dirty glass of water, nothing is very honest about it, you have some guy lip synching to my voice for starters! When Vinnie first came to me we were going to be a BAND, then he made a deal as a solo artist with the demos we did with me singing on them, so I told him to piss off !! Then the record company, Chrysalis, told him to get me back. I said no for a long time but then my son Austin was going to be born so I said I would do it for a shit load of money and did. There are many other incidents that happened which I won’t go into, but suffice to say, if it weren’t for me being so nice, there wouldn’t have been an Invasion album. That album kicks all the other albums that followed…in the balls !!! You’re right, it is still one of the most over the top albums to this day, PLAY IT LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LRI: Your new band is aptly titled “THE SKY” and I was wondering how you went about forming the band and how much fun it is to still be in the studio creating after all these years?

RF: Like I said earlier after receiving the Hollywood Walk of Fame Star, I really wanted to put a band together. My friend Andre LaBelle called me who played drums on some tracks with Vinnie, so I told him I wanted to put a band together and he said “I wanna be in the band and I wanna play drums”. He said he knew some great musicians in Richmond Virginia. So I went there and the band sounded great! Everyone got along and we spent a week there, then went back to L.A. Two months later we all got together in Vegas for a weeks worth of rehearsals and everyone went their separate ways. So then I had to make a decision of whether or not to move. So I packed up the family and moved to Richmond, Virginia from L.A. we rented the second floor of a big building as a rehearsal space and I wrote 25 songs. I picked 11 songs, recorded them and mixed them and am happy to say that the album is now out on Itunes worldwide or you can go to http://www.theskyofficial.com as a link to itunes
I think this is the best rock record I’ve written. I’ve recorded solo albums and worked with other bands but I am happy sticking to THE SKY as my main project. I’m writing the new album now and this summer we are doing some shows. I can’t wait!

LRI: Thanks for talking to us Robert! It really takes a lot to trust a journalist who has an autographed pink Vinyl 45 sampler of the Vinnie Vincent Invasion prominently displayed on his office wall….any last plugs or words to our readers?

RF: Yes, first thank you for the interview, and a big thank you to everyone for all your support through the years, I hope you’ll go to Itunes and download THE SKY… and hit me up on facebook and come out to the shows!! THANK YOU !!! Peace and Love!

http://WWW.THESKYOFFICIAL.COM
Last edited by Slayer on Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

jesternjeff wrote:I would like to know what Rob thought of Dana and Bobby, how he feels about there roles and actions in the recording of VVI. Maybe someone here could try and get that question answered.

I regards to the album cover "Blow up Drag Queens" LMFAO
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Jeff, robert is great friends with bobby but not with vinnie or Dana.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Name an ex band mate from kiss , warrior or vvi that didn't have a problem with vv.. its not possible.. Even Eric said things about him even though he has been the most civil.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Even his good friend Felix from the rascals has spoken out recently .
Bye Bye
metatron

Post by metatron »

Vinnie should change his name to Scott.
Scott No Friends.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
birnie

Post by birnie »

Vdog wrote:Oooh nice, thanks. Same old Cussy story. Looks like the re recording of ASG is on hold :lol:
I'm sure the re-recording thing of ASG is juts a mis-read on our part thats been blown out of the water.
I remember re-reading the quote and he said he planned to re-record it. That's actually past tense.
Not planning or plans to.
I can see how it can be taken either way but i'm sure he doesn't have plans to re-record it.
Buggerred if i can find the text now 8)
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

He was basically taking a below the belt shot at mark slaughter. Ironically mark was actually the only ex vvi member recently that said some cool things about vv and even entertained the idea of hooking up with vv.. then that cheap shot at him days after vv beat on his wife.. good timing vinnie. Mark's first record sold more than all records vv worked on with kiss and vvi combined so mark has nothing to prove.
Bye Bye
metatron

Post by metatron »

So true Dino. Mark's a cool guy. Too nice for his own good.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

i also like Robert more but I think for ASG Mark was actually the best choice.
Bye Bye

Post by 1031 »

I think its interesting that Vinnie kept rolling up his guitars in the mix time after time, knowing that it does nothing but fuck up the mix. How self destructive is that.
Guitars good, drugs booze.. bad

The worlds best qoute ever
"take your Massengill-soaked vibrator from your wretched gutter clam"
erg2

Post by erg2 »

If Vinnie would've just been above board, signed the group as a BAND, kept Robert I think the first VVI album would've been huge. Obviously it got off to a huge start and then stalled after Robert sued Chrysalis for using his vocals...effectively ending Chrysalis's ability to market and promote it.

Vinnie Vincent, Super Genius
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

yeah he basically fooled Robert into doing a band demo without pay and then next thing he knew he got the deal as a solo artist.
As for the mix I guess if the album is a solo record he can do what he likes apart from it can get very expensive. I am sure that album must have been way over budget.
Bye Bye
TheGoodDr

Post by TheGoodDr »

A reputable source recently told me that KISS also paid Mark $$$ for the VV tunes included on Revenge. VV wasn't upfront with G&P regarding the composition of those songs and when it came to their attention that these tunes were actually songs that VV and Mark worked on TOGETHER, KISS did the right thing and paid Mark accordingly for his efforts.
metatron

Post by metatron »

How far down the Rabbit Hole can you go with this Guy (VV). He leaves no stone unturned. No opportunity, unexploited. He's all about the angles & how he can scam someone. He is the ultimate bait a switch machine-man. The most unsuccessful bait a switch machine-man to boot. Give it up Vinnie. For the love of God. Give it up.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

TheGoodDr wrote:A reputable source recently told me that KISS also paid Mark $$$ for the VV tunes included on Revenge. VV wasn't upfront with G&P regarding the composition of those songs and when it came to their attention that these tunes were actually songs that VV and Mark worked on TOGETHER, KISS did the right thing and paid Mark accordingly for his efforts.

Really????!!!!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Please tell more? I find it hard to believe vinnie wrote with mark but maybe he did. Vv certainty has a history with let freedom rock and not creditting Andre on the ep.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

He also stole demo tapes from a studio in his home town that artists accused vinnie of copying parts of the tracks. This was back in the early 80s and michael Bolton demos were taken. But its also a long time ago and hard to prove now
Bye Bye
Vdog

Post by Vdog »

What a swell guy. A real nice character.
erg2

Post by erg2 »

The more you learn about Vinnie, past and present, the more sickened you get. Apart from the music there just doesn't seem to be much good in that guy.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

I will say he is nice at first but he can not keep it going.
Bye Bye
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

He also stole the warrior tapes, ask any warrior member and its reported from source that he and Dana stole lots of equipment from the studio while recording the first vvi record.
Bye Bye

Post by 1031 »

so the guy steals, equipment , recordings , money , and songs then lies about just about everything. Then calls a news conference and goes on a tangent how he was stolen from and hes the great protector of all things wrong. Then fires up lawsuit after lawsuit, and treats his fans and family like shit.

Wow, taking in consideration Vinnies life style over the last years I would say karma gave him a donkey punch to the balls.

Karma 1 Vinnie 0

erg2

Post by erg2 »

A donkey punch is delivered from behind, so to deliver a donkey punch to Vinnie's balls would require him to be pantsless, on all fours, on an elevated platform and facing away from you. It would be like hit the speed-bag at the gym.

Perhaps it would inspire another release SPEEDBAG JAM?
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
Vdog

Post by Vdog »

erg2 wrote:A donkey punch is delivered from behind, so to deliver a donkey punch to Vinnie's balls would require him to be pantsless, on all fours, on an elevated platform and facing away from you.

Is it wrong to have an erection at this point ???
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Beat you to it. --------pun intended
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Vinnie, the original good guy. Yeah right!

He's worse than his most hated.

Post by 1031 »

erg2 wrote:A donkey punch is delivered from behind, so to deliver a donkey punch to Vinnie's balls would require him to be pantsless, on all fours, on an elevated platform and facing away from you. It would be like hit the speed-bag at the gym.
Ya that's pretty much how I thought of it...

[youtube][/youtube]

metatron

Post by metatron »

doublev2 wrote:I will say he is nice at first but he can not keep it going.
Man that reminds me of
'Chris Rock Bigger And Blacker HBO special'. The part when he talks about When you meet somebody for the first time, You're meeting their representative.You meet the nice, good guy/ good women. You meet their sales rep. Pretty funny.
The whole Dialogue Transcript can be found at http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scri ... cript.html.
Here's the part about 'You're meeting the other persons representative'

'When you meet somebody for the first time,you're not meeting them.You're meeting their representative.That's right.Who are the biggest liars, men or women?-Men!-Women!Men lie the most,women tell the biggest lies.Men, we lie all the time.We lie so much, it's damn near a language.lt's like, to call a man out for lying...is like playing basketball with a retarded kidand calling him for double dribble.You gotta let some shit slide.Men, we lie all the time.You know what a man's lie is like?A man's lie is like, ''l was at Tony's house.''l'm at Kenny's house.'' That's a man's lie.A women's lie is like, ''lt's your baby.''We've all heard that one.-''lt don't even look like me.''-''He's got your hat.''That's right. Who the biggest liars?Women the biggest liars.Look at you, all of you.You're a fucking liar. You!You're a liar!You're all liars. All of you are fucking liars!Masters of the lie, the visual lie.Look at you.You got on heels, you ain't that tall.You got on makeup,your face don't look like that.You got a weave, your hair ain't that long.You got a Wonderbra on,your titties ain't that big.Everything about you is a lie,and you expect me to tell the truth?Fuck you!Men lie, we live lies. That's why we so crazy.Every now and then,we catch ourselves living a lie.We create a whole lie-world around us.For instance, every man in this roomis hiding some porno in his house.Every man in heregot a pornography stash in the crib.That's right.Not an illegal amount,just enough to get you by.Thank you.And when we hide porno, we go all out.lt ain't behind the refrigeratoror under the bed.No, we become Batmanwhen it's time to hide some porno.That's right, you hit the light switch,the whole bookshelf shifts to the side.You go down two flights of stairsinto your porno cellar.Janet Jackme, Kobe Tai,Jenna Jameson, that's right.But women always find the porno.But they don't find itin the porno hiding place. Oh, no.Where do women find the porno at?ln the VCR.And fellas are like, ''Damn, how can l beso dumb to leave it in the VCR?''l'll tell you why.'Cause when you're jerking off,you ain't in your right state of mind.Your brain's all cloudy and foggy.'
metatron

Post by metatron »

I just come out of a 'Town Meeting' that was headed by a handful of high flighting Bankers for one of Australia's biggest banks that I work for. On the surface they seem all nice, but you can, they are just Corporate Hoes. Scum of the highest degree. They have made a huge living out of wearing their Hugo Boss suites, talking shit in their jive ass esoteric acronyms & basically lying straight to your face. And they as so good at it. There is an interesting article by British journalist Jon Ronson, 'Why (Some) Psychopaths Make Great CEOs' Personally I would have change the title to 'Why (ALL) Psychopaths Make Great CEOs. http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffbercovi ... reat-ceos/
'At first I was really skeptical because it seemed like an easy thing to say, almost like a conspiracy theorist’s type of thing to say. I remember years and years ago a conspiracy theorist telling me the world was ruled by blood-drinking, baby-sacrificing lizards. These psychologists were essentially saying the same thing. Basically, when you get them talking, :idea: these people [ie. psychopaths] are different than human beings. They lack the things that make you human: empathy, remorse, loving kindness.'

:idea: Sound like anyone we know :?: :?: :?:

[youtube][/youtube]
Lil' Jack Horny

Post by Lil' Jack Horny »

Robert's actually a pretty cool guy, he's one of my friends on Facebook, and surprisingly enough answered my question about his warm up techniques in the Invasion to which he replied that he never did any exercises and still doesn't, but for some reason he always writes in all caps...
I prowl the innocent, forbidden terrain, unleashed half human, half insane
MatthewF

Post by MatthewF »

I am beginning to doubt if Vinnie even wrote ANY of the songs he released on his own.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

who knows. the only thing i don't doubt is he can play and he can put together an killer original tune, but how he does it is a big question.
Bye Bye
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yes, Vinnie should record a new album and have the whole thing documented, from start to finish, from writing to recording. Sort of like Metallica's Year and a Half video. That was cool when it came out.

Show us how it's done Vinnie, show us how it's done!!!!!
Lil' Jack Horny

It should be done all in real time, y'know, like, it'll take 15 years to watch? That'd be cool.
erg2

Post by erg2 »

Genebaby wrote:Show us how it's done Vinnie, show us how it's done!!!!!
I think Vinnie needs someone to work with. When left to his own devices he tends to get a little pretentious and grandiose...the lyrics from GUITARS FROM HELL as an example. The lyrics from the Self Titled album and LICK IT UP are great examples of how he can turbo-charge a good idea.

The only problem is his tendency to turbo-charge ideas from people who think they are working together only to have Vinnie abscond with the finished composition.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
Lil' Jack Horny

My favorite line from Euphoria: Whose crotch is aching now?
erg2

Post by erg2 »

Lil' Jack Horny wrote:My favorite line from Euphoria: Whose crotch is aching now?
Answer = PB71
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

erg2 wrote:
Lil' Jack Horny wrote:My favorite line from Euphoria: Whose crotch is aching now?
Answer = PB71
Ooooooooo sick burn!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
vvjunkie

Post by vvjunkie »

Hey guys I have Robert on my fb he is invited to the Atlanta kiss convention may 20 to talk about his days with Vinnie asking if he should do it I told him yes and he gotten all yes from others.
If you see me fallen and endless fall
If you hear me calling a never ending call
If you see me bleeding I'm losing control
If you see me dying I'm dying alone.
Lil' Jack Horny

Today I'm going to send him my cover of Animal and see what he thinks.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

vvjunkie wrote:Hey guys I have Robert on my fb he is invited to the Atlanta kiss convention may 20 to talk about his days with Vinnie asking if he should do it I told him yes and he gotten all yes from others.
Way cool.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Lil' Jack Horny wrote:Today I'm going to send him my cover of Animal and see what he thinks.
Excellente!!!
Lil' Jack Horny

Uh, sorry guys I wasn't satisfied with it. But on another note, Monkey Business and Slave to the Grind went really well. There are two times in my life, a time before, and a time after I could hit the F# in Monkey Business, and for the last year I've been living in the latter.
erg2

Post by erg2 »

Getting old sucks.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies