Eric Singers strong words for Vinnie

News and information from 2018 onwards
Rap Man127

Re: Eric Singers strong words for Vinnie

Post by Rap Man127 »

Genebaby wrote:Unmasked and Dynasty were massive here. 1 in 14 people owned a copy. We couldn't wait for Kiss to tour so when they finally did it was crazy. Good times.
I think that if Kiss toured Australia here again and they didnt play either Shandi or I was made for Lovin' you, people probably would riot. Both Unmasked and Dynasty were both massive here in Aus, and the amount of hype that 1980 tour got was HUGE!
Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time and you'll have the time of your life!!!
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Word to the Brother!
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Kiss began playing I Was Made live again in 1988, much to Gene's annoyance, ha ha, but Paul always plays Shandi for us when they play here. It's very cool. I love that song.

Last year I heard it on the radio twice in two days, which was strange but good.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Rap Man127

Post by Rap Man127 »

Genebaby wrote:Kiss began playing I Was Made live again in 1988, much to Gene's annoyance, ha ha, but Paul always plays Shandi for us when they play here. It's very cool. I love that song.

Last year I heard it on the radio twice in two days, which was strange but good.
Dont know what state you are in but we get it played a lot more over here in WA, Ive heard I was made for lovin you, shandi, sure know something, even I was made for lovin you from Alive 3, rock and roll all night and they get played every now and then.
Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time and you'll have the time of your life!!!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I'm in the ACT. I only mainly listen to radio in the car on the way to work. That time with Shandi I heard it on a radio at work someone had on and then by change the next day driving around.
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

They barely get played in qld with exception to RnR all nite!

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
Rap Man127

Post by Rap Man127 »

Genebaby wrote:I'm in the ACT. I only mainly listen to radio in the car on the way to work. That time with Shandi I heard it on a radio at work someone had on and then by change the next day driving around.
Like you I only listen to the radio when in the car, dont actually know anybody that listens to the radio nowawdays in there spare time :lol:

But I hear Kiss songs a lot more than I used to, quite refreshing that 38 years on they are still playing Kiss' songs on popular radio songs.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I hope they aren't the "new" recorded versions.
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

I dug the new "Forever" :D

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I don't really remember it or any of the other new ones. I bought the Japanese release and then got the disc again with Sonic Boom.
Rap Man127

Post by Rap Man127 »

Genebaby wrote:I hope they aren't the "new" recorded versions.
Couldnt agree with you more, I liked Sonic Boom as an album, a solid effort, Say Yeah and Stand imparticular are quite brilliant.

But I would of been happier with a single disc album rather than re-recorded classics being put alongside the new material, I cant quite describe the sound but it doesnt sound good at all. Classics are classics for a reason, they shouldnt be messed with. Unless its a full on cover from a different band which can work from time to time.

I am a Kiss fan, what I dislike about some "old school Kiss" fans is that when they werent recording etc. People said "Kiss arent making new music, all they are doing is touring the classics, they cant write anymore etc". Then as soon as Sonic Boom came out which Id hoped would shut up some of the people saying those sorts of things, change there story to a degree and say, "Sonic Boom was shit, they should of kept touring the classics.

As a Kiss fan and Im sure people can relate, when your a fan you can get a lot of shit from a lot of different people, you just have to ignore some of it.
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Nothing too memorable but Forever stands out for me... I would like hear their 80s non make up material rerecorded that would be interesting! :D

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Can can empathise with Eddie though! Totally see what he's trying to say! Don't get us wrong man, we all still wish the best for Vinnie even though it may seem we don't. We ALL would buy the new album from Vinnie when and if it comes out!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(

Post by 727 »

Yes, understand Eddie as well.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Rap Man127 wrote:I am a Kiss fan, what I dislike about some "old school Kiss" fans is that when they werent recording etc. People said "Kiss arent making new music, all they are doing is touring the classics, they cant write anymore etc". Then as soon as Sonic Boom came out which Id hoped would shut up some of the people saying those sorts of things, change there story to a degree and say, "Sonic Boom was shit, they should of kept touring the classics.
It's funny you say that. Maiden came out 3 years ago and did the Somewhere on Tour gigs. Everyone went mad and went to the shows. 2 years later, a new album that went number 1 all through Europe and got o' so close to number 1 in the US and when they went out on tour, people were complaining that they weren't playing enough of the classics!!! Too many (5 or 6) from the new album!! Ya just can't please everyone all the time I guess!?!?!?

P.S. Eddie, your youtube page is freaking great!!!!!
Last edited by shramiac on Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Rap Man127

Post by Rap Man127 »

Brooklyn_Born wrote:Nothing too memorable but Forever stands out for me... I would like hear their 80s non make up material rerecorded that would be interesting! :D
Forever I would say would be the best of the new recorded classics, why I think Im not a fan of the re recorded classics are that I know at least half of the songs sung by Paul have been significantly digitally altered, there is no way he could sing Forever live in concert nowadays due to his current vocal ability. He obviously cant sing as high as he used to be able to, the 80's material would be interesting to hear re recorded but they again would have to be digitally altered.
shramiac wrote:Can can empathise with Eddie though! Totally see what he's trying to say! Don't get us wrong man, we all still wish the best for Vinnie even though it may seem we don't. We ALL would buy the new album from Vinnie when and if it comes out!
I think every single person on this entire forum is eagerly awaiting any new or even re recorded material from Vinnie, but after promise, after promise people are losing hope he will do anything at all. Not to mention that none of us REALLY know if he still has the vocal ability to sing or play the guitar as good as he used to. But I know EVERYONE would buy any CD or an new songs/material released anywhere, but the price could be as high as $150 a CD knowing Vinnie!
Rap Man127

Post by Rap Man127 »

shramiac wrote:
Rap Man127 wrote:I am a Kiss fan, what I dislike about some "old school Kiss" fans is that when they werent recording etc. People said "Kiss arent making new music, all they are doing is touring the classics, they cant write anymore etc". Then as soon as Sonic Boom came out which Id hoped would shut up some of the people saying those sorts of things, change there story to a degree and say, "Sonic Boom was shit, they should of kept touring the classics.
It's funny you say that. Maiden came out 3 years ago and did the Somewhere on Tour gigs. Everyone went mad and went to the shows. 2 years later, a new album that went number 1 all through Europe and got o' so close to number 1 in the US and when they went out on tour, people were complaining that they weren't playing enough of the classics!!! Too many (5 or 6) from the new album!! Ya just can't please everyone all the time I guess!?!?!?
You can never please the "haters", I know for a fact that if there is a Kiss hater in the room that I am talking to, you have NO chance of having any sort of debate with respect between the 2. Take this as an example:

2005-2007 Kiss didnt tour much. Hater: Kiss arent touring, they should just give up if they arent going to tour.

2008 - Kiss are touring everywhere. Hater: All they are doing is classics, they should tour new material!

2009 - Kiss release new material. Hater: The new material is shit, they should just of toured the classics!

In closing, you just cant win with these people no matter how hard ou try. Lots of them in the end realize they cant win and resort to verbally bashing Kiss no matter what the argument.

Post by 727 »

The only thing kiss shouldn't have done was say that the farewell tour was the last tour. That's my only complaint. I am no thayer fan but you got to give it to the man, he has his head screwed on and is easy to work with and that's what will keep a band going.
Rap Man127

Post by Rap Man127 »

727 wrote:The only thing kiss shouldn't have done was say that the farewell tour was the last tour. That's my only complaint. I am no thayer fan but you got to give it to the man, he has his head screwed on and is easy to work with and that's what will keep a band going.
I agree with you sort of, I believe that if they didnt want to stop touring and really did want to tour with Tommy and Eric in place of Ace and Peter then they should of said that from the beginning, and named it The Farewell of the 4 original members etc. I dont believe they should have said they were ending if they intended all along to continue performing.

On the subject of Ace and Peter and I know this is a hot topic, I really dont want to convert this thread into an argument over the characters etc. I believe that Tommy was probably the best choice to replace Ace, he has as you say his head screwed on, can play the guitar very well (though lacks any particular style), Eric is brilliant also, his backround vocals are quite good and he sounds great when performing Black Diamond etc.

As for the characters of Spaceman, Catman etc, I do agree with Paul and Gene on this one, (please dont Kill me Kiss fans :D ). Those faces are the most recognizable, and I personally would rather keep the Spaceman and Catman designs than bring in 2 different designs. As Gene says "after the Wizard and the Fox, next we will end up with goatboy".
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Sorry couldn't resist!
Rap Man127

Post by Rap Man127 »

shramiac wrote:

Sorry couldn't resist!
Thats awesome! :lol:
LexxCusano

Post by LexxCusano »

eric singer... the copy is talk... Vinnie Rules!!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

True Vinnie does rule but Singer has a great paying gig, great lifestyle and is still making music. I'd love it if Vinnie had Singer's life!!

Post by 727 »

Lexx cusano? Any relation to luxx?

Post by 727 »

He's been in kiss longer than peter.
Last edited by 727 on Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
erg2

Post by erg2 »

To get back to Eddies discussion on Vinnie and the court case:
Here's a guy that had the whole world at his fingertips and refused to sign because he wanted a little bit more. He was making crazy money and getting worldwide recognition for playing guitar and he wanted a little bit more.
He goes onto a solo career where he had the world at his fingertips and shat it away because of greed and unscrupulous actions. Well documented by dozens of first-hand accounts.
In the 90's people tried to bring him back or keep him afloat and he outright stole from them. Promoters, record companies and fans. After he squandered all his money from royalties and burned all his bridges he decides the best way to make money is to sue over a technicality brought on originally by his own greed.

I love the music Vinnie made. I am sickened by the man and the position he put himself in.
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

could not have said it better erg2...
Vdog

Post by Vdog »

LexxCusano wrote:eric singer... the copy is talk... Vinnie Rules!!

He sure did.....once.
Cernex

Post by Cernex »

Vdog wrote:
LexxCusano wrote:eric singer... the copy is talk... Vinnie Rules!!

He sure did.....once.
His music rules. The person behind it... not so much.
Space Galleon Javelin - My space opera web serial. It's free! And complete! Go check it out.
Follow me on Twitter
My Amazon Author page, for if you want to check my fiction and stuff.
MeteoraXV

Post by MeteoraXV »

Unmasked rules!! Love the pop and disco influences! I play it sometimes when I'm cleaning the house!

Post by 727 »

Unmasked is very good. Dynasty even better and The Elder had its moments and so did Killers.
metatron

Post by metatron »

MeteoraXV wrote:Unmasked rules!! Love the pop and disco influences! I play it sometimes when I'm cleaning the house!
I love it too. One of my most favorite releases ever.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

I love "You're all that I Want" Great track :mrgreen:

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
MeteoraXV

Post by MeteoraXV »

And Dynasty! Great summer album! First KISS album I ever heard too!
'I was made for loving you' was apparently a big #1 hit over here in Holland!
Once again Paul completely DOMINATES this album. 'I was made...', 'Sure Know Something' and 'Magic Touch'...hot damn!

Post by 727 »

not a bad song on dynasty.
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

"Dirty Livin'" is so awesome!

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It seems obvious now what this was about with Eddie. He has been welcomed back at the Doublevee forum.

He got the boot last year for being a regular fan and now he's back in after slamming us here.

I hope you get what you're after from Vinnie Eddie. I'm sorry I can't play Vinnie's music note for note.

Post by 727 »

vic . i don't think eddie was supposed to tell he is back on the dv board if he actually is? or am i missing something?
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Eddie you turncoat... I thought you were ok...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
metatron

Post by metatron »

Brooklyn_Born wrote:Eddie you turncoat... I thought you were ok...
What was Eddie's username on this board :?:
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.

Post by 727 »

i don't know. hey, before you get carried away he may not be on the other board. i may have made a mistake. wait for vic to explain. i am a little confused.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Eddie is back at DoubleVee, they like him again. Same user name as here and from before at DoubleVee when he got kicked off.

It seems Spyder can forgive after all.

Post by 727 »

oh, i am getting confused with doublev and doublevvv
easy mistake.
TJMonster

Post by TJMonster »

Where does it state that anyone in a free society should 'pave the road smoother for others' ???
It doesn't say anywhere but its how our entire world was built to have the comforts of our modern society. Many Alchemists(Such as Newton) paved the way with chemistry so that it could be taught to students instead of keeping discoveries to themselves and forcing students to make the already discovered, discovered again. Thus bringing them up to speed on what has already been discovered so they have the tools to take the discoveries farther. A free society can only be built on knowledge and the acceptance of new facts as they are discovered. If everyone had to rediscover facts about our world over and over without making it easy for the people bringing up the rear, you have what we have termed the "dark ages". Just a thought. It doesn't state it anywhere, its just a good rule of thumb. Vinnie couldn't live that way because greed wont let you think about what your leaving behind in this world or who has to clean up after your ego.
If you want to talk Guitars, PM me!
metatron

Post by metatron »

Well put TJ.
Cernex

Post by Cernex »

TJMonster wrote: It doesn't state it anywhere, its just a good rule of thumb.
Also known as the "don't be a fucking jackass" rule.
Space Galleon Javelin - My space opera web serial. It's free! And complete! Go check it out.
Follow me on Twitter
My Amazon Author page, for if you want to check my fiction and stuff.
erg2

Post by erg2 »

Cernex wrote:
TJMonster wrote: It doesn't state it anywhere, its just a good rule of thumb.
Also known as the "don't be a fucking jackass" rule.
Rules were made to be broken...
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
MeteoraXV

Post by MeteoraXV »

shramiac wrote:

P.S. Eddie, your youtube page is freaking great!!!!!
I don't really listen to Iron Maiden, but I like the way they work, very very solid band!
I LOVE IT when bands play their new stuff more than their older, classic stuff. In my extreme opinion, bands should play 70% newer stuff, 30% classics/older stuff during a show.
It's probably just me, but I HATE it when I go to a concert, only to hear maybe 2 or 3 songs off the new album, and the rest (10-15 songs) is all boring classic songs which I've numerous times already, live or studio. I guess it also depends on how many times you've seen said band live.
But then again, that's my extreme opinion and a lot of people kick my ass when I say it face to face so I'm saying it online :lol:
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Maiden has the balls and integrity that I admire in a band. "This is our NEW material... we love it ... you're gonna listen to it and if you're good , we'll play some classics."

Cheap Trick are MASTERS at mixing their set lists up. There are three songs (Dream Police, Surrender, I Want You To Want Me) that they will always play. The rest of the set is anyone's guess.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
MeteoraXV

Post by MeteoraXV »

poserboy71 wrote:Maiden has the balls and integrity that I admire in a band. "This is our NEW material... we love it ... you're gonna listen to it and if you're good , we'll play some classics."
YES PLEASE :D
poserboy71 wrote:Cheap Trick are MASTERS at mixing their set lists up. There are three songs (Dream Police, Surrender, I Want You To Want Me) that they will always play. The rest of the set is anyone's guess.."
Don't forget Dream Theater...they practically had different sets every night! then again they only had like 1 hit :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't know how the situation is gonna be now that Portnoy left the band though...I don't really follow them anymore anyways...