Paul Stanley has Surgery

News and information from 2018 onwards
Brooklyn_Born

Paul Stanley has Surgery

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

News Report about Pauls surgery from CNN:

KISS front man Paul Stanley undergoes vocal cord surgery
By Alan Duke, CNN
October 26, 2011 -- Updated 1919 GMT (0319 HKT)

Doctors say Paul Stanley, who's been recording with KISS for nearly 40 years, will make a "swift and complete" recovery.
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
Stanley's recovery should be "swift and complete," doctors say
Vocal problems come from "40 years of preaching rock 'n' roll," Stanley says
Paul Stanley is an original member KISS
Los Angeles (CNN) -- KISS lead singer Paul Stanley underwent successful surgery for "recurring vocal cord issues" Tuesday that the musician said Wednesday "come with 40 years of preaching rock 'n' roll."
His doctors say Stanley, who's been touring and recording with KISS for nearly 40 years, will make a "swift and complete" recovery, according to a statement from his publicist.
Music: Paul Stanley reflects on KISS
"I hold myself to a higher standard than others do," Stanley said. "With that in mind, I wanted to remedy a few minor issues that come with 40 years of preaching rock 'n' roll."
Stanley, 59, is known for his energetic -- and loud -- shows as front man and guitarist for legendary hard rock group.
KISS, one of the longest-running rock acts, stays busy on the road and in the studio. Stanley is producing "Monster," their 20th studio album due out in 2012 as they embark on another global tour.
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
PinkWiz

Re: Paul Stanley has Surgery

Post by PinkWiz »

I knew there was a reason they put Monster on hold...
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

That's right PW, and good reason for his strained live vocal performances over the past couple of years...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Got look after them, "because a muscle is a terrible thing to waste"!!!! :P :P :P :D :D :D
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Exactly!!

So Monster has been pushed back? Oh well....hopefully all will be better for him now vocal-wise.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

He might have a deeper voice after this...?! Could give Gene a run for his money 8)

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
erg2

Post by erg2 »

I took a lot of heat when I criticized Paul's vocals on SONIC BOOM. It just doesn't sound like the booming Paul Stanley voice we all know and love.
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

It's sad and unfair when one gets criticized for pointing out a TRUTH (WE ARE USED TO THAT TREATMENT HERE :lol: :lol: :lol: ).
Paul's voice has not been up to snuff for years now. I am proud of him that he actually admitted to getting help instead of doing this secretly.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Rap Man127

Post by Rap Man127 »

Its nothing to be ashamed of, he has been performing for 40 years and rarely taken any breaks off touring. I havent heard of Monster being pushed back, can anyone give anymore information as to the release date, rumor was Jan 2012 along with Kissology 4.

He sounded awesome on the Kruise, its strange because in the last few years his voice cant reach those high notes anymore so he sounded like he was singing deeper already, now if its going to be even deeper than that, I cant imagine how a song like Love Gun will sound like, I would love for him to get back to even his 2006-2007 voice, just that would be a huge improvement. Hopefully it will allow him to hit at least some highish notes now that his voice will be deeper.
Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time and you'll have the time of your life!!!
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Most singers lose their full vocal ability once they age as has Paul, but I think he has carried himself very well considering he is 59 with 40 years of screaming his ass off for us :D the first time I realized he had an issue was kiss' performance on Letterman in '09... He really struggled.Hopefully this gives him some vocal freedom again :D

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
Rap Man127

Post by Rap Man127 »

Brooklyn_Born wrote:Most singers lose their full vocal ability once they age as has Paul, but I think he has carried himself very well considering he is 59 with 40 years of screaming his ass off for us :D the first time I realized he had an issue was kiss' performance on Letterman in '09... He really struggled.Hopefully this gives him some vocal freedom again :D
To be fair the letterman performance was mainly due to illness and only partly due to age, for example he sounded alot better when he performed on Jimmy Kimmel and Jay Leno which were all around the same time frame, lets just hope that this vocal operation will help him regain the voice we all know and love, worst case scenario he gets back his voice from 2008 which is still awesome albeit a little deep.
Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time and you'll have the time of your life!!!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Well I don't think we'll be hearing "I'll fight hell to hold you" or "My way" anytime soon.

He really pushed himself in the 80's.
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Genebaby wrote:Well I don't think we'll be hearing "I'll fight hell to hold you" or "My way" anytime soon.

Two great Crazy Nights tracks Vic! When your walls come down would be pushing it too! :D

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
Rap Man127

Post by Rap Man127 »

Genebaby wrote:Well I don't think we'll be hearing "I'll fight hell to hold you" or "My way" anytime soon.

Performing Crazy, Crazy Nights was pushing it performing live in 2010-2011, Reason to live is another song I would love to hear live more often if he had his 80's voice but with his current vocal range Im afraid it wont sound to good.

When Paul performed at the Kruise, all the songs sounded awesome except Forever, just sounded strained, still good but strained, and the crowd and the rest of the group helped out a lot with the chorus and backup vocals.

Nearly there entire mid 80's to early 90's catalogue wouldnt fit into there set list nowadays with Paul the way he is, though I may be talking prematurely, lets see how good he sounds on Monster and during the tour after his operation.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

What's nice is that we will most likely get the Paul voice of the 1970's. Barking ,guttural, and CLASSIC.
The last album this voice was on display was C.O.T.N.

NEWBEGINNINGS
erg2

Post by erg2 »

I'm excited to hear MONSTER. I'm not trying to say SONIC BOOM was a bad album. I really like a lot of it.

Dislikes:
- Eric Singer's playing...more "KISS-like" than his previous KISS recordings, but he still can't make the hi-hat sing like Peter
- Eric Singer's song...I don't have a problem with him singing a song and his voice is acceptable, if unremarkable. I just didn't think it was a very good song.
- Stand...I know I'm alone in this, but I find Stand to be incredibly trite, pandering and lacking any real punch.

However, what bothers me MOST about SONIC BOOM is that if Gene & Paul weren't so all about themselves and making themselves a tiny bit wealthier, think of what PSYCHO CIRCUS could have been had they taken the same approach. Collaborating, everybody gets a shot, analog recording and really trying not to dilute the KISS sound.
Instead they chose Bruce Fairbairn and tried (once again) to emulate Bon Jovi.
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I had a look at Budokan 88 video again today, boy what a way to sing Love Gun.
Cernex

Post by Cernex »

Hey, if we have to wait a bit more so we can have an album with a good sounding Paul (since I thought he was really struggling with Sonic Boom), so be it.

I rather have one more album with him sounding great than two more with him sounding as in Sonic Boom, with all due honestly.

Lol, same goes for Animalize's "I've Had Enough", xD
Space Galleon Javelin - My space opera web serial. It's free! And complete! Go check it out.
Follow me on Twitter
My Amazon Author page, for if you want to check my fiction and stuff.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Give me the 1970's guttural barking voice any day.

NEWBEGINNINGS