DoubleV board re-opens

News and information from 2018 onwards
BearFan

Re: DoubleV board re-opens

Post by BearFan »

Vinnie is a fucking scumbag, really no way around that. This is a classic case where it is best to separate the artist from the art.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

erg2 wrote:
Iceman75 wrote:What was the cost of the infamous box set?
I've been saying for years that it was $150, but I've heard $120 many times on different forums...so maybe I've been remembering wrong.

I paid $100 for the Archives and $25 for shipping and handling
metatron

Post by metatron »

Slayer wrote:
erg2 wrote:
Iceman75 wrote:What was the cost of the infamous box set?
I've been saying for years that it was $150, but I've heard $120 many times on different forums...so maybe I've been remembering wrong.

I paid $100 for the Archives and $25 for shipping and handling
rephrase that Kevin, you paid $125 for nothin' :(
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

DoubleV Reprise :-)

My wife paid $125 for the Archives as a Valentine Day 1997 gift for me as she believed that they were completed and ready to go from the information that was posted on the website. She ordered Euphoria at the same time and that was amazingly delivered in less than a week. The rest is history and well documentated here in other thread. In short a years worth of updates emphasizing the delays followed by us formally asking for a refund and then receiving a viscious letter. At one time in late 1997 I actually spoke on the phone with Diane Cusano who once she felt comfortable that I meant them no harm was extremely nice and shared some of the things that were going on with Vinnie at the time.
erg2

Post by erg2 »

Slayer wrote:...once she felt comfortable that I meant them no harm was extremely nice and shared some of the things that were going on with Vinnie at the time.
Do tell. What were some of these supposed things that were going on with Vinnie?
Open your window and see the real world
To know what you've been missing
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
In a heart afraid to listen
ozone73

Post by ozone73 »

NoQuarter wrote:update!:

"My message to this hateful, vindictive individual is STOP threatening, bullying, harrassing, stalking, embarrassing, humiliating me, ganging up on me by making me the subject of ridicule in your hate forum in order to incite your "followers", stop posting false statements as fact, stop disclosing personal information about me that defames and/or ridicules me, stop posting rumors, innuendo or gossip designed to instigate others to dislike and gang up on me; all of which are deliberately designed, orchestrated and carried out BY YOU to threaten me, my earnings, employment, reputation, and safety. What you are doing to me is a crime and punishable by law."

:?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't taking money for merchandise you did not deliver a crime that is punishable by law as well. :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Settle the f*ck down, monkey tits!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It surely is, but these little details are not important when Vinnie is ranting. You've seen how Hitler goes off right? You don't point out the flaws in any of his "logic" lest you are (banned) sent to the Russian front!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
ozone73

Post by ozone73 »

Has he ever given a statement regarding the boxset situation or does he figure if he doesn't talk about it will go away?! Like the people who he took money from will just forget about it.
Settle the f*ck down, monkey tits!
erg2

Post by erg2 »

I would much prefer the music instead of a refund...but if he's not going to get me the music, then I want my money back you piece of shit, crooked, lying, sub-human beater of women.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
Detroit

Post by Detroit »

This is really not my business for I wasn't among the ones who got screwed by Vinnie (talking about the box set). Whatever have happened I don't know. Have you who got screwed by Vinnie (if I'm allowed to use this word) considered to bring some sort of group action against him? I mean its pointless to let this sort of ping-pong game to go on forever. Its pain for everybody. Would it be better that people involved would go on with some sort of group action? Atleast this way "we" could get peace with this painfull issue for Vinnie would be forced to answer - if it is indeed criminal to take/steel money and give nothing in return as was promised. I think that some people have been talking about this already? I encourage you to do this.

Vinnie. If you read this I'm sorry to cause you pain but this issue must be resolved. Its your call. You have to face this sooner or later.
Only the truth can set you free
erg2

Post by erg2 »

There are a few problems:

1- We would need to hire a lawyer
2- Lawyers need to get paid
3- Lawyer would get paid a percentage of what is garnished from Vinnie
4- Let's say by some miracle that 500 people paid for the box set
5- The total lost is $62,500
6- Lawyer would probably take half of that...if not more...if they'd even take the case for a mere $62,500
7- We would never get our $125 back...at best, if we could track down everybody, we'd get dollars or even pennies
8- If we did sue and DID win, we'd never get the music
9- If we did sue, it would probably take 5-7 years
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
Detroit

Post by Detroit »

erg2 wrote:There are a few problems:

1- We would need to hire a lawyer
2- Lawyers need to get paid
3- Lawyer would get paid a percentage of what is garnished from Vinnie
4- Let's say by some miracle that 500 people paid for the box set
5- The total lost is $62,500
6- Lawyer would probably take half of that...if not more...if they'd even take the case for a mere $62,500
7- We would never get our $125 back...at best, if we could track down everybody, we'd get dollars or even pennies
8- If we did sue and DID win, we'd never get the music
9- If we did sue, it would probably take 5-7 years
Your list of problems is overwhelming:)

But isn't there a possibility for some sort of civil law suite (sorry but I don't know all the correct terms in english) that would be taking care of by the state or some sort of general prosecutor? In that case, would "we" still need a hungry & expensive lawyer?

I don't believe that any of the "victimes" would ever see a penny. I thought that in this way Vinnie would atleast be forced to answer what happend and explain this whole boxset fiasco to his fans / victimes.

8) is interesting. I agree. If "we" sue & win, we'd never get the music. I assume that you are talking about Guitarmageddon/Guitars from Hell, if not even THE new music? I'd be so happy with new music, what ever this means.

What do you think the chances are to get the new music anyway? I mean that if there would be a fare chance should we drop this boxset thing and never talk about it again? For if we talk about it and if Vinnie knows about it he would always concider this site as a "hate group" wouldn't he? Would he ever release new music as long as there are these "hate groups" talking about "nonsense" etc. And if we wouldn't exist would he ever release any new or "new" music anyway? You know how the lyrics go? You'r damned if you do, you'r damned if you don't, heh, I think we'r stuck right here.
Only the truth can set you free
BearFan

Post by BearFan »

A slew of $125 small claims court suits would not cost much at all (depending on the filing fee) ... Hell, maybe you can get invitied to Judge Judy :)
BearFan

Post by BearFan »

One other thought, if they money was sent via the Post Office, this may be a case of mail fraud. Maybe the feds would do something.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Most people involved in the Box Set fiasco are forgiving about this issue as so much time has past.

The problem is Vinnie does not extend an olive branch with his new forum, he brings out the shotgun and his boot and kicks these guys in the teeth again.

This opens up old wounds which will never heal at this rate.

The ball to fix this has always been in Vinnie's court but he always makes things worse, hurting those he hurt again.

The cycle just goes on and on.
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

even though i wasn't ripped off i've always felt bad for all you guys that were back in '96/'97 over the "box set." here's an idea for vinnie: just go out and buy a bunch of recordable CD's... wouldn't cost you much at all, put guitarmageddon/guitars from hell on it, record a couple of new tunes and add them to it, record a personal message explaining the "delay" and how sorry you are about it, print out a cover for it and autograph all of them individually, throw in some free guitar pics, etc. and i think most fans that were jipped would settle and make peace (just my opinion). the guy is just makin' everything waaaay too hard for himself and his fans... makes no sense... it's like vinnie thrives on the drama.
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

posted at the same time as you Genebaby... I couldn't have said it better.
PinkWiz

Post by PinkWiz »

BearFan... Judge Judy... that's not a bad idea! Considering the popularity of Gene's Family Jewels show I think some network may jump on the Kiss bandwagon of an ex-member being sued by a bunch of his fans!
TheSage

Post by TheSage »

Maybe Vinnie just doesn't realise how much good will is here (or chooses to ignore it) even with all the bullshit that's happened. I for one would still shake his hand and tell him how much I love his music and his guitar playing if I ever got the chance. :D He just needs to stop pretending that his fans are his enemies. He is his own worst enemy it seems.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Every time there is a lull or no information there is new hope that when Vinnie comes back things might be different but they just never are.

I can't believe he's running the DoubleV forum so badly again, I can't comprehend his thinking on this.
TheSage

Post by TheSage »

I think the main thing is that he has a complex about people talking about him. Think about it- it was bad enough when people were talking about him in magazines back in the 80s-early 90s but now all he has to do is go onto a forum or google himself to find people talking about him in real time. I guess it could be enough to drive someone nuts.
mfoster

Post by mfoster »

It must give him something to do...what else has he got going on ???
Stand up and be counted
n3p

Post by n3p »

mfoster wrote:It must give him something to do...what else has he got going on ???
Wanking himself into a coma? :D
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Classic comment n3p!
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
BearFan

Post by BearFan »

About the box set, you are right. If Vinnie just said, I'm sorry it did not go the way I wanted it to, it would at least be a class move. Instead he looks like a guy who treats his fans like an ATM machine.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

erg2 wrote:
Slayer wrote:...once she felt comfortable that I meant them no harm was extremely nice and shared some of the things that were going on with Vinnie at the time.
Do tell. What were some of these supposed things that were going on with Vinnie?
She told me on the phone (Diane) that the Archives were completed but that boxes had been manufactured incorrectly and that they were being remade. She also said that Guitarmaggedon was being remixed and would be out soon. She was very nice and reassuring to me on the phone.
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Those comments may have been true.. But what went so badly wrong after that?? 14 years later & no solution or apology...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
erg2

Post by erg2 »

Slayer wrote:She told me on the phone (Diane) that the Archives were completed but that boxes had been manufactured incorrectly and that they were being remade. She also said that Guitarmaggedon was being remixed and would be out soon. She was very nice and reassuring to me on the phone.
I remember reading that somewhere or that being communicated to me as well.
It was probably bullshit. If true, that would mean that there are hundreds of already manufactured boxes and tapes that were never delivered. Where are they? What did they do to/with them?
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

erg2 wrote:
Slayer wrote:She told me on the phone (Diane) that the Archives were completed but that boxes had been manufactured incorrectly and that they were being remade. She also said that Guitarmaggedon was being remixed and would be out soon. She was very nice and reassuring to me on the phone.
I remember reading that somewhere or that being communicated to me as well.
It was probably bullshit. If true, that would mean that there are hundreds of already manufactured boxes and tapes that were never delivered. Where are they? What did they do to/with them?
That's a good point ERG2 and may point to a legal reason for them not being released. I have lived in the same place since 1997 so he could find me. At this point I would be cool with an acknowledgment of what happened and I would love to hear the songs Himalaya, Ride The Serpent, Cockteaser and Brainsaw. He could email me a zip file of those 4 songs and I would be satisfied and never slag him again. This would cost him no money and he and I would be fair and square. As I have said before many times I don't expect it to ever happen but I would sure like to be wrong.

Kev
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

That WOULD be cool Kev.
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
erg2

Post by erg2 »

While I DO love a nice collectible, I would gladly let the packaging go if Vinnie posted all the promised music on a password protected file sharing site and the password given only to the people who paid for the set.

That is something I would settle for.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
MeteoraXV

Post by MeteoraXV »

erg2 wrote:While I DO love a nice collectible, I would gladly let the packaging go if Vinnie posted all the promised music on a password protected file sharing site and the password given only to the people who paid for the set.

That is something I would settle for.
Aaaah the password is gonna leak out anyways
Then the music ends up on youtube
Like he trusts people enough to keep stuff silent
erg2

Post by erg2 »

I think the die-hards who actually pre-paid for the boxset would keep our word. It's not like they sold thousands.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
KhetenAnkh

Post by KhetenAnkh »

My question is: if you woke up tomorrow morning, went to your fave record store and saw a banner up there saying that they were now taking pre-orders for the infamous box set (no refunds), would you put your money down again for it?

This would be a hard choice. You would have a company on your side that he would have to answer to if he didn't ever deliver... but since they offer no refunds, you would still be out the cash if he never delivered. Would you do it?

Myself, I would wait until there was one in the store that I could actually touch and claim for my own. I might never get it that way, but then I would still have my cash in hand if something went wrong. I don't put money down on something anymore without some guarantees. Too many scammers out there. (Not saying that anyone specific is a scammer, hell no. Just saying "what if".)
birnie

Post by birnie »

...i'd wait for you to get it and ask for a copy :lol:
KhetenAnkh

Post by KhetenAnkh »

birnie wrote:...i'd wait for you to get it and ask for a copy :lol:
Guess you'd be waiting a fair bit. Hell takes time to freeze over. :twisted: :wink: :lol:
erg2

Post by erg2 »

I no longer "pre-order" anything because of the Vinnie bix-set experience.
Come out of the shadows
Insecurity lies
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I pre-ordered the new Ozzy Deluxe Box set, finally got it yesterday, but that was through a large retail chain here in Australia.

Not a good idea to send Vinnie money on any kind of Pre-Order. I suppose we're lucky nobody Pre-Ordered any of those catalogs from NAMM.
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Exactly! I doubt a single person ordered that ridiculous $50 catalog! He will struggle to generate any interest in any product he releases that isn't sold through a conventional retail outlet...

Bad Reputation

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Don't forget the super duper $150 signed version!!!!!
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Haha! I must have been crazy to forget the $150 catalog?! I really missed out there!

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
metatron

Post by metatron »

metatron wrote:
Genebaby wrote:Don't forget the super duper $150 signed version!!!!!
Hey FUCKER, it was 'A STATE OF THE ART CATALOG'. Don't knock it till you've tried it :lol: :lol: :lol:
(what makes a home made laser or bubble jet printed 'catalog (4 sheets of paper!)' be 'A STATE OF THE ART ' :idea: Maybe the paper is dipped in LSD & if you ingest it you'd trip)
:!:
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

Imagine that! The images of Vinnie start coming to life, moving and playing guitar :D whoa man that's just too freaky dude!

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

Post by strangeways »

BearFan wrote:This is a classic case where it is best to separate the artist from the art.
+1
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me
strangeways
Location: United States of America (Greater Chicagoland area)

Post by strangeways »

BearFan wrote:A slew of $125 small claims court suits would not cost much at all (depending on the filing fee) ... Hell, maybe you can get invited to JUDGE JUDY :)
Johnny Rotten did it and it was a great episode.

[youtube][/youtube]
"Stairway to the stars, I think I'll write good health to you." - Albert Bouchard / Richard Meltzer / Donald Roeser
"Vinnie Vincent saved Kiss. It's just too bad he couldn't save himself." - Me
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Fantastic. Drag Viniie's ass in front of Judge Judy, she'll sort this mess out!!!
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

I would die laughing! :lol:

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

So, Vinnie has re-re-opened the DoubleV board.

For what gain? How many people other than Vinnie are there? Is it just Vinnie, Rick and Angel?

The world does not have any more information on Vinnie than they did before the official board re-re-opened so that's a fail.

New users are extremely limited in their access, so another fail.

What's the point? Why run the place into the ground Vinnie, open it up like you said you would.

If all are welcome then make the board readable by guests and if someone wants to post, they can register, like they do here. How hard is that? Why is that so hard?
TheGoodDr

Post by TheGoodDr »

Hey Vinnie, wanna make some money for nuthin'? Open up the forum so that anyone can join and then start charging forum members an annual user access/membership fee.
I'm telling ya man, it's a goldmine waiting to happen!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Fantastic! There's probably three people just frothing and gasping to pay for access!!!!