THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
Streetbeat

Re: vinnie guitar is at NAMM this year

Post by Streetbeat »

doublev wrote:Image

nice ad

Let's support Vinnie , lets hope his new ventures are pure success ! ! !
doublev

Post by doublev »

OK, good plan. Lets give him our support. help him in anyway we can
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

doublev wrote:OK, good plan. Lets give him our support. help him in anyway we can
At one point if he releases everything and its a success he might feel happy
and he can re-meet the warm love of the real fans ...i really hope he succeed !
doublev

Post by doublev »

sammy, i agree.

lets give him the chance to make this work!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

At least most of you are coming around a bit.

Now if Teej and Dannii start saying shit like that, I'm going to take that as the last sign that the APOCALYPSE is near !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

NEWBEGINNINGS
doublev

Post by doublev »

we all want the same. VV to come back. Do it right, honest and cool. So maybe we can help that happen. He knows we love him and hate him, but really we all love him and he must know it deep down.
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

Yep!!!
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
TheGoodDr

Post by TheGoodDr »

Trailer for VV Guitar on Youtube:

Can't leave any comments though.....LoL......
metatron

Post by metatron »

doublev wrote:it would be great if they offered bare knuckles pick ups some great ones on their website too http://www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk/main/
http://www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk/mai ... rebel_yell
'The Rebel Yell just growls with an even harmonic richness that I never hear in other pickups. It's so full of clear bottom and perfect pick attack. These pickups are in a whole other league - they're the real deal!' Steve Stevens.

When Steve first came to Bare Knuckle he was adamant that the signature pickups he wanted were not just 'another metal pickup'. They had to be capable of a whole lot more. This kicked off a year of development and road testing while Steve was on tour culminating in the Rebel Yell humbucker signature set.

Closer offset coils of 43 AWG plain enamel wire retain the mid range punch of the hotter Nailbomb but produce a tighter bass response with cleaner highs and more presence. This gives the pickup an organic voice with plenty of impact, perfect for any player wanting a progressive humbucker rich in harmonic overtones and wide pick dynamics. Steve uses his volume pot a lot when he plays, so it was important that the Rebel Yell cleans up well when backing off the volume, on top of being able to push a tube amp hard for a fully saturated overdrive.

The optional custom Ray Gun graphic on the cover completes the picture adding a further unique touch to an already classic sounding humbucker.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
doublev

Post by doublev »

Vinnie and the namm thing got onto the kissasylum website news. First time I ever saw them mention vinnie.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

The news is spreading. Just over a week to go now!!
Commander in chief - VVF Army
doublev

Post by doublev »

too bad most fans can not get into NAMM or very easily. A lot of the guitar and amp makers I talked with are not going to NAMM this year because the last two years they lost lots of money going because of the down turn.

I am not sure what VV wants from Namm but he'll get some attention, especially if he shows up. As for sales I don't see it as I would think his sales will come from fans only. maybe some collectors are hanging around, but they will have to be VV fans too. Who knows however.. I hope he sells a few however. lets really hope as I worry if no sales means no music.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I think it's about creating a buzz and if they can sell a few at NAMM ,then it's a bonus.
It's an introduction of the guitar and a step towards music. The music press will be all over it. :D :D :D

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

It has at least brought Vinnie's name out there again. Of course it's been out there other times for things that didn't happen so here's hoping that this time it actually happens. All signs point to yes.

I don't think poor sales of the guitar will effect the music. They are two separate revenue streams, it would make no sense to kill the second if the first doesn't perform. If anything, poor guitar sales should mean the music being released faster.

Either way, it is an exciting time once again. This year we could have guitars and music available from Vinnie.
doublev

Post by doublev »

it would have been cool if he would have performed.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Who knows,He might just show up unannounced at the booth ?
I believe that would be the best bet . Not scheduling an official appearance and just showing up if he pleases seems to be a more comfortable situation for Vinnie. It's all about his comfort level.

NEWBEGINNINGS
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

If he were to perform it would be insane!!!!
VVV

Post by VVV »

They would have to pre-announce it somewhere, imho. People might not recognize him walking around. We are a small group. We know the guitar is coming. People showing up at NAMM will be like "WTF is TM1, and why am I in section "E"?" Remember that pic from 2005? It vaguely reminds me of him and that was 6 years ago.
doublev

Post by doublev »

yeah, he would have to let everyone know to come down to the booth. if not he will be playing to whoever is lucky enough to pass by at that time.

I believe that the hall he is in is also not the life of the party so he would for sure need to have it on the namm site. I think its not too late for that.
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

site is not ready yet....strange
metatron

Post by metatron »

NAMM, 'I love the smell of brand new Vinnie Vincent AZG Pear guitars in the morning'
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
metatron

Post by metatron »

[youtube][/youtube]
metatron

Post by metatron »

Do ya V will like this;
metatron wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
doublev

Post by doublev »

no mention of a site on youtube. i don't think it will be up and running
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

i think the same
doublev

Post by doublev »

personally I think they will have 4 to 5 guitars on the booth (pink/silver, silver/purple, white/gold and either the two tone gold or the pear (or both). He will also have some order form for the catalog (not the actual catalog) and the catalog will be about $50 upwards. He wanted to do a competition for who could play the most like Vinnie, but its a trade show so not sure if that would work or if he still wants to do that.
I think the website will not be up, hence the use of youtube. I don't know if he will open the dv forum or not, but I doubt it.
I would say he best thing would to be have an ebay store and sell it that way. this is the safest for buyers and the easiest for him, but I think he will just be selling it the old way. send check and once cleared you will be supposed to get your guitar.

but this is all a guess..
syncophile42

Post by syncophile42 »

He will be there with the stunning guitars, which he will be domo-ing. There will be free signed catalogues and fliers to take away. He will be talking openly and honestly to anyone who has anything to ask and he will be selling signed copies of a double cd; one disc, complete final mixes of all the quasi-released material from the last 20 years, the second showcasing all new material from his wilderness years...

...oh, I've just woken up - the cat has been sick on my lap.
"He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which." - Douglas Adams
TheGoodDr

Post by TheGoodDr »

My prediction: You'll see ONE guitar on display at NAMM. People will fill out an order form on the day to 'express interest'. Payment will be expected within a certain time frame. This money will then be used to bank-roll the production of the guitar. Vinnie ain't going to plough money into manufacturing guitars and 'hope' people will buy them. Price will be exorbitant.....so much so that VV display at NAMM will become the laughing highlight of the show. VV won't be in attendance as he won't want to speak with people because as we all know, he's going to be asked "Where have you been? What have you been doing? How do you feel about losing your court case against KISS?"
Skwint

Post by Skwint »

i would still have liked to be there just incase you know. - not long to go now - im just hoping this isnt a big let down.
Cruisin' downtown, Shakin' her love, Is that babe talkin' to me, Felt my heart drop, Women can't stop, Girl has got me on my knees, Baby baby babe don't make me wonder, Won't you let me in, She said - see you later, Shot down, I'll be back again
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

I have always been wary of the term "collectors catalog". A catalog is a catalog and is a means to showcase products. If it's not free then $5 max should cover it. Let's not get carried away by it, they are just catalogs.
metatron

Post by metatron »

syncophile42 wrote:He will be there with the stunning guitars, which he will be demo-ing. There will be free signed catalogues and fliers to take away. He will be talking op enly and honestly to anyone who has anything to ask and he will be selling signed copies of a double cd; one disc, complete final mixes of all the quasi-released material from the last 20 years, the second showcasing all new material from his wilderness years...

...oh, I've just woken up - the cat has been sick on my lap.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D
doublev

Post by doublev »

I think he has made 4 for the catalog and was close to finishing last time we spoke. It is crucial they have stock. But namm is not about individuals buying guitars anyway . It's about promotion and doing deals.
doublev

Post by doublev »

I suspect some Quentin work too.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Dino, please go in depth.

NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Post by metatron »

doublev wrote:Image

nice ad

:idea: Sorry, I must have missed something...Where? did this add come from :?: ...The render on V looks similar to Streetbeat's V on this sites banner.
doublev

Post by doublev »

All I know is he was working on 4 guitars . Not sure what will be it namm , but I guess all four. Maybe he made 5 by now. I think the more the better. I wonder if the Kingwood tom has will be offered.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

I wonder which one will be the DEMONSTRATION guitar ?

NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

TheGoodDr wrote:My prediction: You'll see ONE guitar on display at NAMM. People will fill out an order form on the day to 'express interest'. Payment will be expected within a certain time frame. This money will then be used to bank-roll the production of the guitar. Vinnie ain't going to plough money into manufacturing guitars and 'hope' people will buy them. Price will be exorbitant.....so much so that VV display at NAMM will become the laughing highlight of the show. VV won't be in attendance as he won't want to speak with people because as we all know, he's going to be asked "Where have you been? What have you been doing? How do you feel about losing your court case against KISS?"
And why did you rip your fans off the Archives
Rap Man127

Post by Rap Man127 »

I love leaving this board for a few days and then coming back, and FINALLY seeing progress with Vinnie. It seems every day leading up to NAMM brings something new to the whole game. So who from this board will be at NAMM? Only a couple of days to go, this is getting really exciting!
Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time and you'll have the time of your life!!!
shramiac

Post by shramiac »

doublev wrote:I suspect some Quentin work too.

Nuh! I very much doubt it! QA and I used to converse pretty regularly but I haven't heard from him for a month now? I know he was doing work for Chris Bickley's album but that's all. And if he has, I'm gonna slap him for not telling me
Promises made, crying in vain, all empty. Never accepting the blame and not letting go of the shame. A river of tears, as months turn to years, all wasted. On someone not willing to change.Now only a shadow remains! :(
Brooklyn_Born

Post by Brooklyn_Born »

I tell you what everyone I got real excited mid last year with the prospect of Vinnie music being released and the Vinnie Signature model AZG had me pumped! When nothing came of it I was real disappointed... It's great to see that this is going to happen this month at NAMM! last year I ended up purchasing the Jackson 30th Anniversary Gold First Five Rhoads because I thought it was probably the closest I would get to owning a Vinnie Guitar. Plus it was a cool tip of the hat to Vinnie (although I don't think that would be acknowledged by Jackson). I got #8 which was pretty cool and it has only been out of the case for a few photos! Not too sure what the affordability will be on his new model it will be very interesting to see what price point he will enter the market!? It will have to be competitive in today's tough climate! Can't wait to see some pictures when they are finally unveiled! Very exciting!
Hey man, I am cool, I am the Breeze...

VVFF Rocks Hard!!!
This is not a Hate Forum Vinnie...Capisce!!?
Brooklyn has almost left the Building
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

i hate to say this but no-one will carry this guitar, guitar stores are having a hard time moving "popular guitars" at 2000 bux , the price point will be way too high and again he hasnt re established a fan base to even warrant that price tag or anything over 1000 bux.i work a shop Pt doing small repairs and set ups ... i see haats on the wall we carry bc.rich, Dean, ibanez afew other odds-n- ends and esp.

has any one ever seen a pear guitar in any store ? i mean really.. im all for him trying to get it done and make a buck and get back out there but lets be serious you dont see any odd shaped guitars flying out the door Over 2000 bux or even Dean Ml's or razor backs, in some cases you cant give them away. i find it hard to believe he will get distrubutors and dealers for those guitars in those price points. and like dino said the general public isnt allowed in namm so they can just look at pics from a far at what COULD be. ( i think it will help people remember him but thats bout it.)

i also do i hope hes there so you guys can seem him those of you who are attending

sorry for my negativity on the guitar just looking at it from a business stand point.

and im sorry i been Mia, hows every one been ?

cb
Shred4hire

Post by Shred4hire »

yea quenton has been doing some art for me i have been busting ass getting this cd finished for an april release.. i gotta call him ..
doublev

Post by doublev »

I am sure they are good, but at over 2k from an unknown you want the best guitar you have ever played. Unless you can get to namm how the hell do you know how it plays or sounds. They need s YouTube demo for sure and played by vv himself. I think they could sell one or two at 3k, but not many. Also if you pay 8k and then months later they take half price some guy is going to be very pissed. I think tom is high end but now he doesnt respond as well as vinnie .. how the hell are they going to sell any with no communication? Also who is going to risk there cash with an unknown company (guitarmageddon guitars, which is not even registered) from a guy with a very poor track record from a company that is owned by a company based at a house not an office in Illinois which in term is a close older relative of vinnie. Unless they sell through eBay with a guaranty policy or through retail no one will hand that kind of cash over. Also I heard vinnie will not even sign papers authenticating it, only a non signed authentication. Maybe after a year of asking where the guitar is and you want your money back..vinnie or his wife will send a letter like they did to kev in 97 saying that they do not offer refunds and tuff luck your not getting it.
To be positive he can make it work if it is sold through trusted channels.
doublev

Post by doublev »

sorry, i try to be positive.. i did it for years and defended all the bad shit said about him, but until you witness it first hand, its hard to stay positive.

its a clear lesson. what you do now will always come back to you just like the boxset.. he will never shake that and many other things.. and what he is doing now, like fighting with loyal respective fans, and if his business is not above board like metaluna it will follow him forever and only make things worse and worse.

making amends is the only way forward as far as i can see.
metatron

Post by metatron »

chris bickley wrote:i hate to say this but no-one will carry this guitar, guitar stores are having a hard time moving "popular guitars" at 2000 bux, the price point will be way too high and again he hasnt re established a fan base to even warrant that price tag or anything over 1000 bux.
Sorry for my negativity on the guitar just looking at it from a business stand point. cb
Totally agree with you Chris & don't be sorry,,,your just being realistic.
birnie

Post by birnie »

Assuming he is (?) going to be releasing new material, or old material mastered, he should be offerring something to the people on his books that paid for the box set and never received it.
That would be a good starting point to the healing.

Welcome back Chris!
I was reading your post thinking it was Dino when you said you'd been MIA...then i had to check the avatar.
Well lookie lookie! ;)
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Yeah, thanks Chris, totally cool to see input from a retail perspective. It's what we were thinking anyway and it's good to have it backed up. I don't know how the guitar market has been going in the US but I knew that 8K is a sky-high price over there.

I wonder if Vinnie knows the difference between the 'advertised retail price' and the 'street price'. They are two very different prices. I still think an equivalent street price would be sky high, but hey, see how it goes right?

Dino hit it on the head though if someone actually does pay whatever price they are initially and then they are discounted those early buyers will be pissed.

Clearly there is no market for small production, high end guitars from an unknown maker and a guy who has effectively been MIA from the rock scene for twenty years. Time will tell, less than a week to go!