Questions about the official guitars

By Tom Palecki
SonOfTheAnkh

Questions about the official guitars

Post by SonOfTheAnkh »

Hey everyone, I'm making a website of my choice as a project for my Computer Sciences class at school. I'm making one about the different kinds of guitars Vinnie has used. Any information about the AZG official models would be of tremendous help, but it would also be of great appreciation if anyone could answer these specific questions as well:

- How/when/why did Vinnie get in contact with Tom?
- What is the difference between Guitarmaggeddon Guitars and AZG Guitars?
- Are the guitars still able to be bought from their website?
- What is the status on the guitars right now?

I would be so very grateful if you could answer these questions, as well as any other information about the guitars. Thank you everyone so much!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Re: Questions about the official guitars

Post by Genebaby »

Ok, I think it's on here somewhere, and I think Tom may have told us himself, but I can't remember how he met Vinnie, but it was obviously a long time ago.

Guitarmageddon Guitars is just the fake rebranding of the AZG Guitars Tom built for NAMM 2011, the headstock logos were just changed by someone for Vinnie.

Guitarmageddon Guitars don't really exist, it was just Vinnie trying to sell the four AZG guitars that Tom built, at his usual crazy-high price point. We are fairly certain none were ever sold. So you can't really buy a Guitarmageddon guitar anymore, nothing about ordering works on Vinnie's website, but you can get one via Tom at AZG.

The status of those rebranded guitars right now is that they are the stolen property of Tom Palecki, he built them, Vinnie took them.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

Don't forget to tell us about the audience reactions when you'll be done with this project!
say two sky two say fare
SonOfTheAnkh

Post by SonOfTheAnkh »

Thank you Genebaby, and yes Tukoz, I'll be posting the link to the website once I am finished with it so you can all go to it! Cheers
AZGuitars

Post by AZGuitars »

I can also contribute any info other that what's been revealed already.
And if there are any other questions I may have answers for them as well.
Like: I first met Vinnie at the 1991 NAMM show in LosAngeles, CA. where he gave me a
signed copy of a Dean Markley poster when Vinnie was an endorsee for Markley.
I had given him one of my guitar flyers and he asked me if I would build a guitar for him
which I did and delivered it to him in 92 when he was working with KISS there in LA.
That guitar with multi color blend is now referred to as the "92".
SonOfTheAnkh

Post by SonOfTheAnkh »

AZGuitars wrote:I can also contribute any info other that what's been revealed already.
And if there are any other questions I may have answers for them as well.
Like: I first met Vinnie at the 1991 NAMM show in LosAngeles, CA. where he gave me a
signed copy of a Dean Markley poster when Vinnie was an endorsee for Markley.
I had given him one of my guitar flyers and he asked me if I would build a guitar for him
which I did and delivered it to him in 92 when he was working with KISS there in LA.
That guitar with multi color blend is now referred to as the "92".
Thanks! Great to hear from the man himself. All he help is very appreciated