Palecki's Inventions and Patents

By Tom Palecki
poserboy71

Palecki's Inventions and Patents

Post by poserboy71 »

Tom, Please share the inventions and patents you have been a part of HERE.
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
AZGuitars

Re: Palecki's Inventions and Patents

Post by AZGuitars »

I've got quite a bit of stuff for this area but I need to go back in my files to find copies of the patents I'm named on. The best one I can start with which relates to guitar playing is the Turbotune Guitar and Bass String Winder.
Up date on that: My partner and I have signed a license agreement with D'Addario to produce and sell our product internationally. They are supposed to have product ready to show at Winter NAMM 2015. We have also redesigned the handle part to make it more comfortable to use with a newly modified Pin Puller feature for 12 string guitars.
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

Nice, i can't wait to hear what you've done.
Commander in chief - VVF Army
Streetbeat

Post by Streetbeat »

Excellent and exciting !!!
Looking forward to your cool stuff Tom !!!
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Tom and I were talking about this at his shop and he graciously gave me one.
I explained to him how I first came across the Turbotune about 14 years ago while I was on a tour.
He said that is when they started to get out there.

SMALL WORLD
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
AZGuitars

Post by AZGuitars »

A bit more on the Turbotune String Winder.

My partner, Dave Jeffrey, country Western Bass Player extraordinaire, came up with the idea when he was about 12 years old. I met him when I opened my first shop in Pleasanton, CA. He came in one day and showed me his idea and asked me if he could do some work on it there. On the third time he came back he asked me if I could help him develop it further and I said yes if I could partner with him on it. He said yes so I worked on it for awhile and discovered that I could create several cavities that would fit 15 different tuner designs, 12 guitar and 3 bass. I did the design drawings and we had a machine shop hog out 5 samples which I used to make a mold for liquid resin casting. A hex shaft was added to the mix to allow them to be used in cordless drills and screwdrivers, I made prototypes with shaft in and we showed it to a friend of Dave's who worked for Dean Markley. They gave a down payment towards a license deal and with that we got a Utility Patent and Markley had them made in China and got it on the market for us. That was in 1999 - 2000 and we're still selling them. Dave's touring tech buddies have raved about them ever since and hundreds of guitar repair shops use the heck out of them. We actually started selling them through Stewart McDonald while still making them by hand in my shop.
Here's the heading for our warehouse product order sheet. The handle was an upgrade for those who wanted them.