Sketches of AZG VVV

By Tom Palecki
poserboy71

Sketches of AZG VVV

Post by poserboy71 »

Tom,
Do you have any sketches, diagrams, blueprints,etc... that you can share with the VVFF concerning YOUR version of the DOUBLE V Guitar?

How about the diagram hanging above your workbench in the Pear ad from the early '90's ?
THINK: Porter Wagoner

:wink: I am the Undisputed Sex Symbol of the VVFF
NEWBEGINNINGS
AZGuitars

Re: Sketches of AZG VVV

Post by AZGuitars »

That Blue Print is for the PEAR 92 TRIPLE - V which is in the photo. That was a streamlined version of the Jackson / Vinnie design and I contributed the third headstock V as a surprise for Vinnie which also ended up being included on the 2011 guitars. At the time Vinnie also included me & PEAR Guitars in the record jacket credits for the Euphoria CD and told me later too that he used the PEAR on the CD as well. So the plan was for me to build the guitar, providing the small hardware, and he, providing the pickups and bridge. For me it was done as an opportunity to get PEAR Guitars out there in a professional sense. It took a while and some heartbreak to do so but here I am now thanks to a bunch other people too.
The prelude to the story is when my wife Beca and I met him in Century City over the hill from Hollywood to deliver the guitar. He bought us breakfast at a fancy restaurant and the funniest thing happen'd there. I brought the guitar in the case in with us and we waited until we finished breakfast to open it up. We were seated in round sunken area below eye level of many the other patrons and everyone was talking with a good buzz going on. So when Vinnie opened the case and pulled out the guitar the whole restaurant went silent for several moments. You could've heard a pin drop. After several seconds went by all of a sudden we could hear a bunch of Wow's and other exclamations coming from the "audience". I thought it was hilarious.
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

So when Vinnie opened the case and pulled out the guitar the whole restaurant went silent for several moments. You could've heard a pin drop.
Great story, thanks!
Did he play any note or chord? Did he look like he was still able to play?
say two sky two say fare
tukoztukoz

Post by tukoztukoz »

I thought that happened in 2011 instead of 1992... He was still able to play then.
say two sky two say fare
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

tukoztukoz wrote:I thought that happened in 2011 instead of 1992... He was still able to play then.
TT, Tom built the AZG VVV Guitars that were at NAMM 2011 and he also had/has a company called Pear Guitars.Tom is speaking of the PEAR Guitar that he built for Vinnie about 24 years ago.

This is the PEAR VVV Guitar from 1992-ish----

NEWBEGINNINGS
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Thanks Tom !!!!
Can you tell us anything about your choice of color scheme?
I notice the mini-switch is on your sketch of the ONE PICKUP VVV guitar. :? :? :? :?
I also notice that on the sketch paper is some sort of PROPOSED contract(NOT SIGNED BY EITHER PARTY)
It basically says ,"As long as Vinnie PROMOTES the guitar, he can have it."
HE NEVER PROMOTED THE PEAR VVV Guitar !!!! To this day, A photograph does not exist of him PROMOTING any of your guitar builds. I think that the Pear is rightfully your guitar as well as the NAMM 2011 builds.

NEWBEGINNINGS
AZGuitars

Post by AZGuitars »

Hey Poser, thanks for post all that stuff. Gives me time to work on other things.
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

AZGuitars wrote:Hey Poser, thanks for post all that stuff. Gives me time to work on other things.
I know a few projects you need to finish A.S.A.P. !!!! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

NEWBEGINNINGS
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Vinnie may feel that since he mentioned the guitar in reference to the Euphoria EP that in his mind he promoted it? This was a small gesture and I agree that he should have been photographed with the guitar and should have been hyping it!
Genebaby
Site Admin

Post by Genebaby »

What Vinnie feels and the reality of a situation are often too different things.

Vinnie feels that he is owes a lot from everyone but doesn't owe anybody anything.

Me Picky? The guy is Mr Prick(y). What a douche. These guitars were taken under false pretences. Ie, they were flat out stolen by Mr Prick(y).
Commander in chief - VVF Army
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

Tom,

Since Vinnie has moved without notice to you and your contract extension has run it's course, it may be time to seek compensation for the guitars or flat out seek the return of the instruments that you funded and built.

NEWBEGINNINGS
metatron

Post by metatron »

AZGuitars wrote: funniest thing happen'd there. I brought the guitar in the case in with us and we waited until we finished breakfast to open it up. We were seated in round sunken area below eye level of many the other patrons and everyone was talking with a good buzz going on. So when Vinnie opened the case and pulled out the guitar the whole restaurant went silent for several moments. You could've heard a pin drop. After several seconds went by all of a sudden we could hear a bunch of Wow's and other exclamations coming from the "audience". I thought it was hilarious.
That really is an awesome story. You can just visualize it.
I got Jesus in my fax machine. I saw Ho Chi Minh down @ Burger King. I dated Vinnie Vincent as a Drag Queen. I still don't understand a f**kin' thing.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass and I'm all out of bubble gum.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

Awesome story. Wish vv had kept it together and got the word about pear out.
Bye Bye
AZGuitars

Post by AZGuitars »

The last I heard from him before he moved to Smyrna was a hurried phone call from a phone booth somewhere and he was all out of breath. He told me that "I could make more of the 92's and sell them". So I put a photo of #1 in my PEAR advertisement flyer to hand out and I also ran ads for it in BAM Magazine (Bay Area Magazine). I guess that was when he started flame out because no one wanted to buy them then. Oh, in that phone call I asked him about the photo he promised me of him with the guitar and he said for me to contact his New York lawyer, who's name escapes me now, and tell him to give you a photo. So I did that and was told that the lawyer was no longer representing Vinnie.
doublev2

Post by doublev2 »

That new york lawyer is in a thread here. He said vv is a transvestite and many other things. Not sure where it is without the time to rummage around on the site.
Bye Bye
poserboy71

Post by poserboy71 »

doublev2 wrote:That new york lawyer is in a thread here. He said vv is a transvestite and many other things. Not sure where it is without the time to rummage around on the site.
That is exactly what the guy insinuated.

NEWBEGINNINGS